You Say Potato, I Say...

Discuss new comics, posts, and news directly from the Snafu-Comics main page!

Moderator: Mod Squad

Re: You Say Potato, I Say...

Postby Blood Lord » Mon Jul 12, 2010 12:11 am

Beankyu wrote:Totally agree.
The two most logical responses to this would be she blames Dexter and goes after revenge or she receeds from Dexter until she realizes its not his fault and becomes a love interest again.

Only a fucking moron would see those two ideas as being "the most logical".

madmonkey wrote:Yes, based on when and how she was introduced (finding her dead brothers glasses and then manipulating Dexter into becoming stage manager) it would seem implied she has malicious intentions.

Does she now?

Have you considered the possibility that she means him no harm? Olga has all ready lost extremely close people to her during the last few months or so. Why would she inflict more harm when she has enough to deal with?

If she truly wanted to hurt him, she would have left him there in the audience and not have taken him to the control booth. There, he would have been shielded better, and have something to work on to take his mind of DeeDee. That way, he can slowly get use and over the one thing that causes him pain, and still be there to support Blossom.

You're also making her dumber that she is. Olga isn't stupid, but crafty in a way Mandy has appreciated and caring in a way to be friends with DeeDee. Should wouldn't jump onto the revenge train just like that.

madmonkey wrote:she could be an alternate love interest

It would never work. Olga's main interest in life is dancing, and we all saw how Dexter reacted to dancing. She's also should no romantic interest in Dexter.

Fuck it. I'll just re-post an argument I already gave on this:
Blood Lord wrote:hahahah. It worked, I was really thinking that this section was barren, but it actually worked.

Hello, sweet food.

MQuinny1234 wrote:she probably had very little information on Mandarks schemes in the first place so let's assume that she didn't know he'd kidnapped Blossom and was kinda evil... We know she at least knew where he lived.

That's an interesting statement. One that I think I can answer in a different way.

We know Dexter was told where Mandark's base was at from here. However, Mandark's base and lab have always been located around his house. It is possible that the base Mandark went to during the PpGD fight was either a new base, a back up, or that events between Dexter's Lab and PpGD forced him to relocate his base again. We could go on and on for quite some time about the relativity of Mandark's base and the one behind his house. The main point of it is that yes, Olga knew were it was at, but there might also be the possibility that she didn't know that he was there.

After DeeDee's death, we all know that Mandark went off the deep end, and ended up in an Insane Asylum. Unless Dr X kept it a secert, Mandark's family would have learned that he had escaped. Olga might have checked that base (assuming that it was already built) for him, but he was a Black Eden helping the Dark Star Council. During this time, we know that Mandark did not contact his family.

Many things can be assumed from this point in time. But the standard thing thought could have been that he lost his mind, and was wandering around. But it also looked like that around the time that Dexter found Mandark in front of DeeDee's grave, that Mandark could have ran away from his family.

Gato wrote:In my opinion, after the death of Dee Dee, Mandark needed someone to talk to. His parents, whom he wants nothing more than to sever all ties with, I don't think he'd turn to. But his sister, who, like him feels out of place with their parents and their flower child ways.

A possibility, but we don't know much of their relationship after DeeDee died. We do know that it was a bully relationship with Olga on top, but not if it changed in anyway.

Honestly, I don't think he talked to Olga. He "shut down" after her death.
http://ppg.snafu-comics.com/index.php?comic_id=114
http://ppg.snafu-comics.com/index.php?comic_id=87
http://ppg.snafu-comics.com/index.php?comic_id=115

As I said above, he was sent to a mental facility. That could have been an issue by his own parents, because I seriously don't think he had the will, or the mental capacity after that moment to make his own decisions.

Assumptions are a dangerous thing that humanity has a tendency to act upon. They are useful for insight, and gauge a few things. Some assumptions are made entirely correct because we know from a previous example that the same thing happened, but with people it can be very hard unless you know them.

Olga isn't stupid. I don't think she would assume that Dexter killed Mandark. Even if your version, MQuinny, was true. She is suffering from a fate that Mandark or Dexter probably isn't strong enough to live through, although they were all second hand experiences. Her good friend was killed by accident by her brother. I'm sure she would have figured that out from Mandark, a recording from one of the Jackbots, or looking at the evidence. DeeDee is dead and her brother goes psychotic, she knows about the rivalry, and that Dexter is DeeDee's brother. Not that hard to piece it together. Now he brother killed himself, someone that understood her and was going through the same thing. Someone she probably cared about in a similar fasion that Dexter did to DeeDee. Olga has lost a friend and a brother, why would she strive to create more pain?

I think that Olga knew there was a base in that location, and saw the explosion or smoke. Mandark's original lab might have still been remaining, or that in good enough condition to report that a secondary base had been destroyed. So she goes out to investigate, finds smoking ruins, and Mandark's glasses. Would murder be a quick thing to assume? Yes. Of course it would be, and then the next step would be a typical form of vengeance against the one who robed you of your loved one.

But Olga also knew of Mandark's mental status, love for DeeDee, and could also have figured out that he killed himself, either on purpose or by accident. I believe she is fully capable of deducting this if she figured out that he accidentally killed DeeDee. Now she could also have figured out that Blossom and Dexter were there if they showed up to school the next day all bandaged up. Dexter doesn't seem like someone who would take too much interest in the school gossip, but Olga doesn't strike me as the one who would limit her surroundings.

I think she would have been grateful for Dexter's and the PpG actions that night, and understandable. I don't think that she will seek vengeance because of three reasons. First, she has enough pain to deal with, why would she create more? There is a lot of effort to harm someone, and that time can be better placed else where. Second, Mandark was suffering and she knew that, and now he no loner has to suffer... well, he probably went to hell, but that isn't the point. Third, what would be the point? It would create closer, it wouldn't bring him back.

So what is she trying to do to Dexter now?

Could she be sinister enough to actually be comforting him and possibly the girls? She knows DeeDee's relations, so perhaps by pulling him off stage and sending him to be a repairman for the stage crew, that three things could happen. She is directing his attention from seeing dancing, something that must and does terribly pain him, to something that comforts him. Dexter can also remain in a position to be supportive of Blossom, and/or Bubbles while they join the dance group. At the same time, she could also be helping him get over his grief. In psychology, there is a method to help someone get over their fears by locking them in a room full of it, and there is a similar procedure to gradually introduce the fear-causing-agent. You can also reverse this to rid someone of their addiction, or grief.

Is it so hard to believe that someone might not want to cause pain, but help others over their own, and in the end their own pain?


Are you familiar with the saying "Insensibly one begins to twist facts to suit theories, instead of theories to suit facts." ? It's said by a Sir Arthur Conan Doyle, creator of Sherlock Holmes, and was featured in the new Sherlock Holmes movie.

I believe this is what you are doing. But I do not hold myself clear of it as well. Along time ago, when GT was still updating, I proposed a radical theory based off of this page using this one as its primary support. My idea was known as the "Feedback Theory". Basically, Mimi had control over Minnie and the kiss broke that hold, and also leaked back to Mimi. This feedback contained feelings that my beloved little demon had never experienced; love. Thus showing her a different world and a possibility of being different and better than she was. And also the idea that she and Jr would hook up. The extent of the feedback depended on the type of control and how much power was behind it.

You should easily have seen the flaw within the Theory by now. My feelings for Mimi controlled by reasoning, thus blinding me to any other possibility. Although the Feedback Theory still remarkably stands unscratched, save for a few adjustments as time went on. No other theory has been proposed to challenge it, and remain standing. Nor has any other facts come out yet to dissolve it. That may change with AfterBirth, but I dunno.

My point is not to assume the obvious, nor let what you "think" or "want to happen in the story" take over. Don't jump the gun and quickly assume that its one thing, but that there could be many things going on, or something hiding that key. If you remain focused on one area, you will be blinded by the events around you.

Plus you have BeeAre writing the story, not Bleedman. BR has a unique trait were he never follows the cliche story motion unless he has to in order to fulfill a greater goal.
Snafu Gold Card Member!

offline
 
Posts: 18986
Joined: Thu Sep 25, 2008 5:21 pm
Gender: None specified

Re: You Say Potato, I Say...

Postby leondexom » Mon Jul 12, 2010 2:30 pm

ok? that happen to me ones when i was whit a friend in the beach o.O
offline
 
Posts: 1
Joined: Mon Jul 12, 2010 2:23 pm
Gender: None specified

Re: You Say Potato, I Say...

Postby Archrival » Mon Jul 12, 2010 2:44 pm

leondexom wrote:ok? that happen to me ones when i was whit a friend in the beach o.O

Learn to type English properly.
Image
SUPPPAAAHHH
User avatar
offline
 
Posts: 11774
Joined: Fri Apr 21, 2006 1:57 pm
Location: On the stage of life.
Gender: Male

Re: You Say Potato, I Say...

Postby madmonkey » Mon Jul 12, 2010 8:30 pm

@BloodLord my theories aren't based on character personality they're based on reccuring patterns in literature; what I've seen of the character has had some influence. I know that if she was a love interest it wouldn't work out she would just have been side option only added for drama. I'm not saying these are the only options, in fact they may not even be the most logical but I believe them to be the most likely.
User avatar
offline
 
Posts: 30
Joined: Tue Jul 06, 2010 10:23 pm
Gender: None specified

Re: You Say Potato, I Say...

Postby I_Live_for_Anime » Mon Jul 12, 2010 9:03 pm

Archrival wrote:
leondexom wrote:ok? that happen to me ones when i was whit a friend in the beach o.O

Learn to type English properly.


:right: Agreed :left:
My world is so lonley...
User avatar
offline
 
Posts: 24
Joined: Sat Jul 10, 2010 10:56 am
Location: Australia
Gender: None specified

Re: You Say Potato, I Say...

Postby BeeAre » Mon Jul 12, 2010 9:38 pm

madmonkey wrote:@BloodLord my theories aren't based on character personality they're based on reccuring patterns in literature; what I've seen of the character has had some influence. I know that if she was a love interest it wouldn't work out she would just have been side option only added for drama. I'm not saying these are the only options, in fact they may not even be the most logical but I believe them to be the most likely.


if you are basing your current theories on literature patterns as a reader

do you REALLY think that me as the WRITER of the story is not aware of those patterns

and if I am aware of them

WHY would I simply want to, with no adjustment or creative input on my part, FOLLOW those patterns?

you are correct to assert that you are not being as logical as you've previously claimed, but knowing that, how can you still cling to the claim of likeliness?
Snafu Comics' Forum Alpha Bro, Staff Writer, Editor, Image, and Keeper of the Jar Brain of Secret President. RIP Ku Ku Ku \(-^.^-)/ U Wuz A REAL N***A!!!!!!!
"We're quite aware of this. BR is no happy rainbow face man. He is simply our neighborhood best fucking poster." ~ Warbear
最後の撃は。。。切ない。Puff Most Epic.
Ladies and Gentlemen, The:
BR

User avatar
offline
 
Posts: 5644
Joined: Thu Oct 25, 2007 8:06 pm
Location: Mississippi
Gender: Male

Re: You Say Potato, I Say...

Postby Omniczar » Mon Jul 12, 2010 9:46 pm

He does have a point there. As a writer on fanfiction.net I don't try to give away what will happen through patterns in my writing. It's basically the same thing, save this is a comic and mine's actual writing.
Omniczar: Why is everything against me?
BeeAre: Because you are representing the spiritual monkey, as the classical buffoon or jester or fool of a joke. 'Tis Shakespearean.
Omniczar: I knew being a volunteer at Ren Faire would come back to haunt me someday.

Check out my fanfiction here: http://www.fanfiction.net/u/2168375/Teddypro
User avatar
offline
 
Posts: 592
Joined: Sat Jun 26, 2010 6:34 pm
Location: Beyond a Mortal's reach...
Gender: None specified

Re: You Say Potato, I Say...

Postby Gato » Mon Jul 12, 2010 10:50 pm

I don't think writing a story and writing for a comic or even a TV show are too different. In a story, you have to write out all actions taking place, where as in a comic that isn't needed, as you have the pictures to show that aspect.
Archrival- Now you sir have potential, definately so if Blood tolerates you. I feel you could be an asset to the forum amongst the muck.
Zelosse- I spent the last 30 minutes watching Gato's Avatar. Jesus christ it's so cute it sickens me.
User avatar
offline
 
Posts: 654
Joined: Mon Oct 19, 2009 2:20 pm
Location: Your Dreams.
Gender: None specified

Re: You Say Potato, I Say...

Postby Omniczar » Mon Jul 12, 2010 10:58 pm

Also, due to the fact that you have to write out many different things in detail in a literature writing it makes it a lot easier to reveal something you wish you hadn't. It's all about how cautious you write or draw something.
Omniczar: Why is everything against me?
BeeAre: Because you are representing the spiritual monkey, as the classical buffoon or jester or fool of a joke. 'Tis Shakespearean.
Omniczar: I knew being a volunteer at Ren Faire would come back to haunt me someday.

Check out my fanfiction here: http://www.fanfiction.net/u/2168375/Teddypro
User avatar
offline
 
Posts: 592
Joined: Sat Jun 26, 2010 6:34 pm
Location: Beyond a Mortal's reach...
Gender: None specified

Re: You Say Potato, I Say...

Postby Blood Lord » Mon Jul 12, 2010 11:39 pm

madmonkey wrote:@BloodLord my theories aren't based on character personality they're based on reccuring patterns in literature; what I've seen of the character has had some influence. I know that if she was a love interest it wouldn't work out she would just have been side option only added for drama. I'm not saying these are the only options, in fact they may not even be the most logical but I believe them to be the most likely.

You can not judge one work of literature to another, nor make predictions because similar traits are happening. You have to judge the work by what is occurring in the work, the facts of the work, and nothing else (fanfictions you kinda need the sources that those characters originally stared in for personality, relations, and so forth.)

You aren't predicting based on established facts within the work. You're predicting using well worn ruts in literature that were used in other works that have NO FUCKING RELATION TO THIS COMIC.

Also:
Blood Lord wrote:Plus you have BeeAre writing the story, not Bleedman. BR has a unique trait were he never follows the cliche story motion unless he has to in order to fulfill a greater goal.

Read my posts COMPLETELY next time, and you won't look like such an incompetent ass.
Snafu Gold Card Member!

offline
 
Posts: 18986
Joined: Thu Sep 25, 2008 5:21 pm
Gender: None specified

Re: You Say Potato, I Say...

Postby mimerman18 » Tue Jul 13, 2010 12:41 am

I didn't know Pringles comes in a bag and Sunkist comes in a juice box? o.O lol
offline
 
Posts: 1
Joined: Tue Jul 13, 2010 12:34 am
Gender: None specified

Re: You Say Potato, I Say...

Postby Blood Lord » Tue Jul 13, 2010 9:18 am

mimerman18 wrote:I didn't know Pringles comes in a bag and Sunkist comes in a juice box? o.O lol

inorite?

But you do have the Pringles Selects that come in bags.
Snafu Gold Card Member!

offline
 
Posts: 18986
Joined: Thu Sep 25, 2008 5:21 pm
Gender: None specified

Re: You Say Potato, I Say...

Postby madmonkey » Tue Jul 13, 2010 5:11 pm

@BloodLord, sorry I missed that, but incompetent ass is a little harsh.
User avatar
offline
 
Posts: 30
Joined: Tue Jul 06, 2010 10:23 pm
Gender: None specified

Re: You Say Potato, I Say...

Postby Unlimited » Tue Jul 13, 2010 5:18 pm

madmonkey wrote:@BloodLord, sorry I missed that, but incompetent ass is a little harsh.

It happans.
Memento mori
User avatar
offline
 
Posts: 2879
Joined: Mon Jun 22, 2009 1:50 pm
Location: The 25th Hour
Gender: None specified

Re: You Say Potato, I Say...

Postby Omniczar » Tue Jul 13, 2010 5:44 pm

Yeah, it wouldn't be the first time he (or quite a few other people) jumped down the throat of a newbie. You get used to it after awhile. Hell, I got used to it years before I came to this sight. People will be people and you can't change that. Just go with the flow. ;)
Omniczar: Why is everything against me?
BeeAre: Because you are representing the spiritual monkey, as the classical buffoon or jester or fool of a joke. 'Tis Shakespearean.
Omniczar: I knew being a volunteer at Ren Faire would come back to haunt me someday.

Check out my fanfiction here: http://www.fanfiction.net/u/2168375/Teddypro
User avatar
offline
 
Posts: 592
Joined: Sat Jun 26, 2010 6:34 pm
Location: Beyond a Mortal's reach...
Gender: None specified

Re: You Say Potato, I Say...

Postby Blood Lord » Tue Jul 13, 2010 6:14 pm

madmonkey wrote:@BloodLord, sorry I missed that, but incompetent ass is a little harsh.

Tis fine. I attack the foolish and the idiots, but you have nothing to worry about from me anymore. You aren't bad, just learning. We all make mistakes as we progress through out life. Some of us more than others, and takes some of us longer to learn. The key is to just try and be better.

*shrugs* actually its better than it could have been. At least I didn't call you a "pinhead cockbiting motherless fucktard".
Snafu Gold Card Member!

offline
 
Posts: 18986
Joined: Thu Sep 25, 2008 5:21 pm
Gender: None specified

Re: You Say Potato, I Say...

Postby Omniczar » Tue Jul 13, 2010 6:21 pm

Well, maybe you wouldn't have so many outbursts if you just looked at their joined date Before you call them a:
pinhead cockbiting motherless fucktard

Just say, becuase then you'd know whose just learning and whose just being a complete moron. Because from what I've seen, and in many cases, heard, you seem to react to their post and not check to see how long they've been on. As I recall, you did the same exact thing with me.

I'm not saying it's just you, it's just I've noticed you do it more than the few other's I've seen do it.

Anyway, enough of that. Let's get back to what we're supposed to be talking about here. I've really got to stop rambling. I keep getting way to off topic. :?
Omniczar: Why is everything against me?
BeeAre: Because you are representing the spiritual monkey, as the classical buffoon or jester or fool of a joke. 'Tis Shakespearean.
Omniczar: I knew being a volunteer at Ren Faire would come back to haunt me someday.

Check out my fanfiction here: http://www.fanfiction.net/u/2168375/Teddypro
User avatar
offline
 
Posts: 592
Joined: Sat Jun 26, 2010 6:34 pm
Location: Beyond a Mortal's reach...
Gender: None specified

Re: You Say Potato, I Say...

Postby Riz » Tue Jul 13, 2010 7:35 pm

join date has nothing to do with anything if they continue to be a

pinhead cockbiting motherless fucktard


if they're learning then BL will teach.
Image
with a heart colder than a welldiggers nutsack
User avatar
offline
 
Posts: 15647
Joined: Thu Jun 28, 2007 10:09 pm
Location: no.
Gender: Female

Re: You Say Potato, I Say...

Postby Blood Lord » Tue Jul 13, 2010 7:38 pm

pinhead cockbiting motherless fucktard

I've only called one person that.

I don't care about join dates. It shows and means nothing. Someone could have a higher join date than mine and still be severely inexperienced, but someone newer than me could prove to be a better predictor than I.

And yes, both have happened, and I like it the most when the second one happens.

Plus its called tough love, and if you haven't noticed, I am chilling the fuck out lately.

Lily wrote:if they're learning then BL will teach.

:3
Snafu Gold Card Member!

offline
 
Posts: 18986
Joined: Thu Sep 25, 2008 5:21 pm
Gender: None specified

Re: You Say Potato, I Say...

Postby madmonkey » Tue Jul 13, 2010 7:57 pm

BeeAre wrote:
if you are basing your current theories on literature patterns as a reader

do you REALLY think that me as the WRITER of the story is not aware of those patterns

and if I am aware of them

WHY would I simply want to, with no adjustment or creative input on my part, FOLLOW those patterns?

you are correct to assert that you are not being as logical as you've previously claimed, but knowing that, how can you still cling to the claim of likeliness?


I know writers are aware of these patterns, but many, if not most, writers choose to follow them. Which is why I said, I believed it to be the most likely; I mean no disrespect to you as a writer. And I sincerely apologize if I offended you.

As for my logic, I took in information compared it to a base and gave an opinion on it. This is being logical, if my basis is flawed and I'm wrong I don't mind. I only wish to point out that I am using logic, not just being a stupid jackass.
User avatar
offline
 
Posts: 30
Joined: Tue Jul 06, 2010 10:23 pm
Gender: None specified

Re: You Say Potato, I Say...

Postby Riz » Tue Jul 13, 2010 8:09 pm

you should know by now that BR is not a normal person nor a normal writer. he's NOT going to follow those patterns AT ALL so get that idea out of your head right now.
Image
with a heart colder than a welldiggers nutsack
User avatar
offline
 
Posts: 15647
Joined: Thu Jun 28, 2007 10:09 pm
Location: no.
Gender: Female

Re: You Say Potato, I Say...

Postby Omniczar » Tue Jul 13, 2010 8:10 pm

I don't care about join dates. It shows and means nothing. Someone could have a higher join date than mine and still be severely inexperienced, but someone newer than me could prove to be a better predictor than I.

I see your point there. Damn, I really got to stop assuming everything. :unsure:
Omniczar: Why is everything against me?
BeeAre: Because you are representing the spiritual monkey, as the classical buffoon or jester or fool of a joke. 'Tis Shakespearean.
Omniczar: I knew being a volunteer at Ren Faire would come back to haunt me someday.

Check out my fanfiction here: http://www.fanfiction.net/u/2168375/Teddypro
User avatar
offline
 
Posts: 592
Joined: Sat Jun 26, 2010 6:34 pm
Location: Beyond a Mortal's reach...
Gender: None specified

Re: You Say Potato, I Say...

Postby Riz » Tue Jul 13, 2010 8:12 pm

yes you do. cuz when you assume you make an ass out of you and....well...actually...just you.
Image
with a heart colder than a welldiggers nutsack
User avatar
offline
 
Posts: 15647
Joined: Thu Jun 28, 2007 10:09 pm
Location: no.
Gender: Female

Re: You Say Potato, I Say...

Postby Omniczar » Tue Jul 13, 2010 8:15 pm

I've learned that the hard way a couple of times. Working at Ren Faire with a ton of guys who just love to mess around with newbies cancause that to happen. :roll:
Omniczar: Why is everything against me?
BeeAre: Because you are representing the spiritual monkey, as the classical buffoon or jester or fool of a joke. 'Tis Shakespearean.
Omniczar: I knew being a volunteer at Ren Faire would come back to haunt me someday.

Check out my fanfiction here: http://www.fanfiction.net/u/2168375/Teddypro
User avatar
offline
 
Posts: 592
Joined: Sat Jun 26, 2010 6:34 pm
Location: Beyond a Mortal's reach...
Gender: None specified

Re: You Say Potato, I Say...

Postby madmonkey » Tue Jul 13, 2010 8:38 pm

Lily wrote:you should know by now that BR is not a normal person nor a normal writer. he's NOT going to follow those patterns AT ALL so get that idea out of your head right now.


I've only been on here a week.
User avatar
offline
 
Posts: 30
Joined: Tue Jul 06, 2010 10:23 pm
Gender: None specified

PreviousNext

Return to Comic Updates and News!

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest