You Say Potato, I Say...

Discuss new comics, posts, and news directly from the Snafu-Comics main page!

Moderator: Mod Squad

Re: You Say Potato, I Say...

Postby PunkyChipsAhoy » Mon Jul 05, 2010 2:06 pm

Speaking in the terms of a writer who wants a conflict between these characters all she could technically know is that

a) Her brother is dead
b) Possible ways of death include suicide, screw up, or murder
c) She only knows that her brother had one enemy/rival and that is Dexter.
d) She also knows that she can't outsmart Dexter but she can use the weapon all women have over men. And that is seduction.

And I have a feeling this is where it's going.
A Pimp Named Jeezy Creezy: Lasting all the way up to Valentine's.

And the Pimpeth lord sat amidst his real ballin' players, the Apostles, and raisingeth his cup of Cristal as they devoured the grapes and cheese from the finest bitches in town he said

"Sleepery Dee, Sleepery Doo.
Whoever betrays me tonight, I'll mo'fuckin' cap you!"
User avatar
offline
 
Posts: 13061
Joined: Thu Apr 06, 2006 5:22 pm
Location: ....
Gender: None specified

Re: You Say Potato, I Say...

Postby Omniczar » Mon Jul 05, 2010 2:32 pm

I agree that's another good way to look at it.

And all of those points seem to be relavant at the least. Who knows?
Omniczar: Why is everything against me?
BeeAre: Because you are representing the spiritual monkey, as the classical buffoon or jester or fool of a joke. 'Tis Shakespearean.
Omniczar: I knew being a volunteer at Ren Faire would come back to haunt me someday.

Check out my fanfiction here: http://www.fanfiction.net/u/2168375/Teddypro
User avatar
offline
 
Posts: 592
Joined: Sat Jun 26, 2010 6:34 pm
Location: Beyond a Mortal's reach...
Gender: None specified

Re: You Say Potato, I Say...

Postby HappyBob99 » Mon Jul 05, 2010 3:09 pm

hurray for product plavement! :mrgreen:
offline
 
Posts: 3
Joined: Mon Jul 05, 2010 2:36 pm
Gender: None specified

Re: You Say Potato, I Say...

Postby HappyBob99 » Mon Jul 05, 2010 3:10 pm

Immortal_Knight wrote:Great Stuff as always bleedman!

*can't wait for flash version of this series* ^^


there's gonna be a flash version!?
offline
 
Posts: 3
Joined: Mon Jul 05, 2010 2:36 pm
Gender: None specified

Re: You Say Potato, I Say...

Postby Omniczar » Mon Jul 05, 2010 3:44 pm

Hello HappyBob. Welcome to SNAFU! :grin:

By the way, you can't double post. Blood Lord has already warned me about that. :grin:
Omniczar: Why is everything against me?
BeeAre: Because you are representing the spiritual monkey, as the classical buffoon or jester or fool of a joke. 'Tis Shakespearean.
Omniczar: I knew being a volunteer at Ren Faire would come back to haunt me someday.

Check out my fanfiction here: http://www.fanfiction.net/u/2168375/Teddypro
User avatar
offline
 
Posts: 592
Joined: Sat Jun 26, 2010 6:34 pm
Location: Beyond a Mortal's reach...
Gender: None specified

Re: You Say Potato, I Say...

Postby Grivous » Mon Jul 05, 2010 5:27 pm

SoulSaphire wrote:By the way, you can't double post. Blood Lord has already warned me about that. :grin:

And what he told about this?

Grivous.
Grivous
User avatar
offline
 
Posts: 2222
Joined: Sat Nov 01, 2008 6:38 pm
Location: Brasil
Gender: Male

Re: You Say Potato, I Say...

Postby Omniczar » Mon Jul 05, 2010 5:45 pm

He said I couldn't double post. Since this new guy hasn't been told by anyone yet and I was online I thought I'd pass the info along. Nothing wrong with that as far as I see. :|
Omniczar: Why is everything against me?
BeeAre: Because you are representing the spiritual monkey, as the classical buffoon or jester or fool of a joke. 'Tis Shakespearean.
Omniczar: I knew being a volunteer at Ren Faire would come back to haunt me someday.

Check out my fanfiction here: http://www.fanfiction.net/u/2168375/Teddypro
User avatar
offline
 
Posts: 592
Joined: Sat Jun 26, 2010 6:34 pm
Location: Beyond a Mortal's reach...
Gender: None specified

Re: You Say Potato, I Say...

Postby HappyBob99 » Mon Jul 05, 2010 9:34 pm

oh, sorry
offline
 
Posts: 3
Joined: Mon Jul 05, 2010 2:36 pm
Gender: None specified

Re: You Say Potato, I Say...

Postby Omniczar » Mon Jul 05, 2010 9:35 pm

I only learned that a day or two ago. Don't worry about it! :)
Omniczar: Why is everything against me?
BeeAre: Because you are representing the spiritual monkey, as the classical buffoon or jester or fool of a joke. 'Tis Shakespearean.
Omniczar: I knew being a volunteer at Ren Faire would come back to haunt me someday.

Check out my fanfiction here: http://www.fanfiction.net/u/2168375/Teddypro
User avatar
offline
 
Posts: 592
Joined: Sat Jun 26, 2010 6:34 pm
Location: Beyond a Mortal's reach...
Gender: None specified

Re: You Say Potato, I Say...

Postby Rhapsodna » Mon Jul 05, 2010 9:51 pm

HappyBob99 wrote:
Immortal_Knight wrote:Great Stuff as always bleedman!

*can't wait for flash version of this series* ^^


there's gonna be a flash version!?

sweet flash version! but who's gonna do the voice acting?
Ah, Sarcasm......

/人◕ ‿‿ ◕人\ CONTRACT?
User avatar
offline
 
Posts: 38
Joined: Wed Jun 30, 2010 1:06 am
Location: rocking out with the poptart cat
Gender: None specified

Re: You Say Potato, I Say...

Postby Omniczar » Mon Jul 05, 2010 10:05 pm

Is there even going to be one. I only just heard about it and I want to be sure that it is going to happen before I say something I wish I hadn't.
Omniczar: Why is everything against me?
BeeAre: Because you are representing the spiritual monkey, as the classical buffoon or jester or fool of a joke. 'Tis Shakespearean.
Omniczar: I knew being a volunteer at Ren Faire would come back to haunt me someday.

Check out my fanfiction here: http://www.fanfiction.net/u/2168375/Teddypro
User avatar
offline
 
Posts: 592
Joined: Sat Jun 26, 2010 6:34 pm
Location: Beyond a Mortal's reach...
Gender: None specified

Re: You Say Potato, I Say...

Postby Mr. Sefrol » Mon Jul 05, 2010 10:15 pm

Riakada wrote:hmm, after being mowed down by Blood Lord's wall o' text, I believe the "wait and see" tactic will work, just like every other time I had to use it. lol

This person's thinking. I like it :I

Really, there are too many little details to decipher Olga's motives. Even thinking that she knows Mandark and Dexter were enemies is guessing, since, even though they were close, it is never depicted that Mandark stated such or involved her in his schemes. But it is safe to assume Olga knows how he thinks and how he felt about Dede. Assuming though that she knew Dexter and Mandark were rivals, Olga seems to be the more sensible type, and may only be attempting to discover on her own if Dexter killed Mandark instead of just assuming so and taking revenge.

So, the waiting game is the game to be played for now until new light is placed on what Olga thinks and knows.

P.S. Bloodlord... that text wall... I seriously couldn't finish it for the life of me. I'll get back to it after this headache settles... *goes to by some painkillers*
"Cogito, ergo es eggo." A.K.A. "I think, therefore you are a waffle."
An Optimist
User avatar
offline
 
Posts: 4049
Joined: Sat Nov 15, 2008 7:06 pm
Location: where there's garlic
Gender: Male

Re: You Say Potato, I Say...

Postby Omniczar » Mon Jul 05, 2010 10:24 pm

Hmm, now that I think about it pwned does have a point. I guess we'll just have to wait and see.
Omniczar: Why is everything against me?
BeeAre: Because you are representing the spiritual monkey, as the classical buffoon or jester or fool of a joke. 'Tis Shakespearean.
Omniczar: I knew being a volunteer at Ren Faire would come back to haunt me someday.

Check out my fanfiction here: http://www.fanfiction.net/u/2168375/Teddypro
User avatar
offline
 
Posts: 592
Joined: Sat Jun 26, 2010 6:34 pm
Location: Beyond a Mortal's reach...
Gender: None specified

Re: You Say Potato, I Say...

Postby Blood Lord » Tue Jul 06, 2010 12:02 am

pwned-by-twilight wrote:This person's thinking. I like it :I

whoopee.

pwned-by-twilight wrote:Really, there are too many little details to decipher Olga's motives.

Not as many as you would think. All you have to do is know the character, and still remember that they are human.

FOR EXAMPLE: Let's say (out of pure indulgence and to prove the above point) that Olga did in fact assume that Dexter killed Mandark for killing DeeDee, left logic behind, and declared war upon his soul and those around him.

Just from what we have from the one episode and so far from the comic, we can assume that her type of revenge would be psychological warfare, and not physical combat. A lot of things change as the years go on, but not at the speed to go from ballerina to "Master Fighting Tech Specialist". Even if Mandark left tech behind, I doubt she would engage in hand to hand combat. It would do nothing, so instead you would cause a different pain. Get behind enemy lines, plant a few emotion and mental bombs, and then kick back and watch them rip each other apart.

Olga also reminds me of Mandy as well.

/example.

SoulSaphire wrote:I guess we'll just have to wait and see.

Thats never any fun.

The fun comes from guessing what the hell the disease is, and trying multiple treatments to see if it your correct. Not waiting for the autopsy only to find out that it's Lupus.
Snafu Gold Card Member!

User avatar
offline
 
Posts: 19017
Joined: Thu Sep 25, 2008 5:21 pm
Gender: None specified

Re: You Say Potato, I Say...

Postby Omniczar » Tue Jul 06, 2010 12:27 am

Yeah I can be boring at times. :grin:
Omniczar: Why is everything against me?
BeeAre: Because you are representing the spiritual monkey, as the classical buffoon or jester or fool of a joke. 'Tis Shakespearean.
Omniczar: I knew being a volunteer at Ren Faire would come back to haunt me someday.

Check out my fanfiction here: http://www.fanfiction.net/u/2168375/Teddypro
User avatar
offline
 
Posts: 592
Joined: Sat Jun 26, 2010 6:34 pm
Location: Beyond a Mortal's reach...
Gender: None specified

Re: You Say Potato, I Say...

Postby PunkyChipsAhoy » Tue Jul 06, 2010 12:22 pm

if we're going to go that far, in the show Olga's character was not smart looking. Just grumpy and easily got into competitions with DeeDee.
A Pimp Named Jeezy Creezy: Lasting all the way up to Valentine's.

And the Pimpeth lord sat amidst his real ballin' players, the Apostles, and raisingeth his cup of Cristal as they devoured the grapes and cheese from the finest bitches in town he said

"Sleepery Dee, Sleepery Doo.
Whoever betrays me tonight, I'll mo'fuckin' cap you!"
User avatar
offline
 
Posts: 13061
Joined: Thu Apr 06, 2006 5:22 pm
Location: ....
Gender: None specified

Re: You Say Potato, I Say...

Postby Omniczar » Tue Jul 06, 2010 2:53 pm

I've seen only tiny skits of the show while I have been skimming the channels. I wouldn't know. However, that's also on the show. Who knows how much of Olga has changed since this whole thing obviously way after the shows themselves aired.
Omniczar: Why is everything against me?
BeeAre: Because you are representing the spiritual monkey, as the classical buffoon or jester or fool of a joke. 'Tis Shakespearean.
Omniczar: I knew being a volunteer at Ren Faire would come back to haunt me someday.

Check out my fanfiction here: http://www.fanfiction.net/u/2168375/Teddypro
User avatar
offline
 
Posts: 592
Joined: Sat Jun 26, 2010 6:34 pm
Location: Beyond a Mortal's reach...
Gender: None specified

Re: You Say Potato, I Say...

Postby Riz » Tue Jul 06, 2010 4:08 pm

bump because this is the topic people should be posting in.
Image
with a heart colder than a welldiggers nutsack
User avatar
offline
 
Posts: 15647
Joined: Thu Jun 28, 2007 10:09 pm
Location: no.
Gender: Female

Re: You Say Potato, I Say...

Postby Mr. Sefrol » Wed Jul 07, 2010 12:39 am

Blood Lord wrote:Thats never any fun.

The fun comes from guessing what the hell the disease is, and trying multiple treatments to see if it your correct. Not waiting for the autopsy only to find out that it's Lupus.


That is such an answer the great Dr. House himself would say. And this I enjoy.

But yes, currently since we are only seeing Dr. X's group setting up for a bigger plan, we can guess Olga may be the secret villain of this chapter that is confronted (or not, with how she most likely would play out her revenge). And if that is her goal, then I myself would guess that she still will wait for something to be able to nitpick. I doubt Olga would go the route of "temptress", but considering who the artist is that would set up for some interesting and yet awkward scenes to further a plan of revenge.
"Cogito, ergo es eggo." A.K.A. "I think, therefore you are a waffle."
An Optimist
User avatar
offline
 
Posts: 4049
Joined: Sat Nov 15, 2008 7:06 pm
Location: where there's garlic
Gender: Male

Re: You Say Potato, I Say...

Postby grim tales » Wed Jul 07, 2010 10:04 am

patato joke how does a patato turn dutch to french ? frenchfries!!!! i know that joke suks bet will :Blossom: ever find out about olga i am already having a: thats only a piece of what im feeling
User avatar
offline
 
Posts: 26
Joined: Thu Jun 24, 2010 1:37 pm
Gender: None specified

Re: You Say Potato, I Say...

Postby PunkyChipsAhoy » Wed Jul 07, 2010 1:27 pm

OH MY FATHER.

I HAVE MET THE ANTI CHRIST.
A Pimp Named Jeezy Creezy: Lasting all the way up to Valentine's.

And the Pimpeth lord sat amidst his real ballin' players, the Apostles, and raisingeth his cup of Cristal as they devoured the grapes and cheese from the finest bitches in town he said

"Sleepery Dee, Sleepery Doo.
Whoever betrays me tonight, I'll mo'fuckin' cap you!"
User avatar
offline
 
Posts: 13061
Joined: Thu Apr 06, 2006 5:22 pm
Location: ....
Gender: None specified

Re: You Say Potato, I Say...

Postby Morpheus » Wed Jul 07, 2010 1:49 pm

grim tales wrote:patato joke how does a patato turn dutch to french ? frenchfries!!!! i know that joke suks bet will :Blossom: ever find out about olga i am already having a: thats only a piece of what im feeling

In the future try to keep smiles to 5 per post.
User avatar
offline
 
Posts: 2270
Joined: Fri May 08, 2009 3:30 pm
Location: The most beautiful bush in the world
Gender: Male

Re: You Say Potato, I Say...

Postby Blood Lord » Wed Jul 07, 2010 3:19 pm

JesusChrist wrote:OH MY FATHER.

I HAVE MET THE ANTI CHRIST.


OH SHI-

grim tales wrote:thats only a piece of what im feeling

You shouldn't get so frustrated over such a thing that will in no way affect your life.

Unless you become so obsessed over it that you have a major meltdown.
Snafu Gold Card Member!

User avatar
offline
 
Posts: 19017
Joined: Thu Sep 25, 2008 5:21 pm
Gender: None specified

Re: You Say Potato, I Say...

Postby Omniczar » Wed Jul 07, 2010 5:18 pm

Blood Lord wrote:
JesusChrist wrote:OH MY FATHER.

I HAVE MET THE ANTI CHRIST.


OH SHI-


Damn. And I was having a good day, too. :frown:
Omniczar: Why is everything against me?
BeeAre: Because you are representing the spiritual monkey, as the classical buffoon or jester or fool of a joke. 'Tis Shakespearean.
Omniczar: I knew being a volunteer at Ren Faire would come back to haunt me someday.

Check out my fanfiction here: http://www.fanfiction.net/u/2168375/Teddypro
User avatar
offline
 
Posts: 592
Joined: Sat Jun 26, 2010 6:34 pm
Location: Beyond a Mortal's reach...
Gender: None specified

Re: You Say Potato, I Say...

Postby madmonkey » Wed Jul 07, 2010 8:28 pm

Chances LaLa is out for revenge about 90%
Chances she is a rival romance about 10%
User avatar
offline
 
Posts: 30
Joined: Tue Jul 06, 2010 10:23 pm
Gender: None specified

PreviousNext

Return to Comic Updates and News!

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 2 guests