You Say Potato, I Say...

Discuss new comics, posts, and news directly from the Snafu-Comics main page!

Moderator: Mod Squad

Re: You Say Potato, I Say...

Postby Guardian » Sun Jul 04, 2010 12:18 pm

Really? Dexter killed Mandark?

Show me the page where he killed him.
“Salvation comes with a cost. Judge us not by our methods, but by what we seek to accomplish.”

"To punish and enslave..."
Semper Vigilans
Moderator

User avatar
offline
 
Posts: 18971
Joined: Thu Sep 25, 2008 5:21 pm
Location: Right behind you.
Gender: Male

Re: You Say Potato, I Say...

Postby Riakada » Sun Jul 04, 2010 2:29 pm

Dexter never killed Mandark. Mandark killed himself out of rage. But at the end of that series, Lala went to the ruins of Mandark's lab and found his brother to be killed. Lala may be thinking that Dexter killed him, so she may be plotting something. You know?
TOONAMI: March 17, 1997 - September 20, 2008.
Never Forget.

Octodexy wrote:Once one guild figured out I was a girl, I suddenly got 10 cats in my mailbox. I don't want a fucking cat. Fuck your cat.


Bebo-27 wrote:Hell no!! Brotherly love is boring. We need some incest in this bitch!!
User avatar
offline
 
Posts: 10
Joined: Thu Aug 14, 2008 12:45 am
Location: Nearest Banana-Phonebooth
Gender: None specified

Re: You Say Potato, I Say...

Postby Guardian » Sun Jul 04, 2010 2:43 pm

I know.

Now you are assuming. What evidence does Ogla have that would make her think that Dexter was the one to kill him?

The answer is that there is nothing to support the argument that Olga knows or suspects that Dexter had anything to do with Mandark's death. In fact, there is more evidence to support that she understands that Mandark may have killed himself.
“Salvation comes with a cost. Judge us not by our methods, but by what we seek to accomplish.”

"To punish and enslave..."
Semper Vigilans
Moderator

User avatar
offline
 
Posts: 18971
Joined: Thu Sep 25, 2008 5:21 pm
Location: Right behind you.
Gender: Male

Re: You Say Potato, I Say...

Postby ISA » Sun Jul 04, 2010 2:59 pm

i love the whole powerpuff girls comic and i just love the idea of the potao joke!!! :mrgreen:
User avatar
offline
 
Posts: 3
Joined: Sun Jul 04, 2010 2:29 pm
Gender: None specified

Re: You Say Potato, I Say...

Postby MQuinny1234 » Sun Jul 04, 2010 3:06 pm

Blood Lord wrote:The answer is that there is nothing to support the argument that Olga knows or suspects that Dexter had anything to do with Mandark's death. In fact, there is more evidence to support that she understands that Mandark may have killed himself.

Well, look at it this way, she probably had very little information on Mandarks schemes in the first place so let's assume that she didn't know he'd kidnapped Blossom and was kinda evil. We know she at least knew where he lived, and we can guess she knows that Dex had something to do with it otherwise she wouldn't be taking a sudden interest in him, would she? So, she knows Mandark's base blew up, that Dex was involved in his death somehow and probably that they were both enemies as well. that's plenty of evidence, admittedly a bit of guesswork here and there, but that's the same with all suspicions.
Image=
-"I'm sophisticated, charming, suave, and debonair, Professor. But I have never claimed to be civilized."
Reluctant Nailbiter
User avatar
offline
 
Posts: 15205
Joined: Wed May 20, 2009 2:46 pm
Location: r=R{(M[2]/3M[1])^1/3}
Gender: Male

Re: You Say Potato, I Say...

Postby Gato » Sun Jul 04, 2010 3:41 pm

I don't think it's too far out of the question to assume she suspects that Dexter might be involved in Mandark's death. Remember, when Dexter was verbally attacking Mandark about his sister's death, Mandark said something along the lines of "My Lala? You'll never hurt my Lala!"

In my opinion, after the death of Dee Dee, Mandark needed someone to talk to. His parents, whom he wants nothing more than to sever all ties with, I don't think he'd turn to. But his sister, who, like him feels out of place with their parents and their flower child ways.....well, that's just my opinion on the matter. I'm sorry if this makes little or no sense. It does to me as I'm typing it.
Archrival- Now you sir have potential, definately so if Blood tolerates you. I feel you could be an asset to the forum amongst the muck.
Zelosse- I spent the last 30 minutes watching Gato's Avatar. Jesus christ it's so cute it sickens me.
User avatar
offline
 
Posts: 654
Joined: Mon Oct 19, 2009 2:20 pm
Location: Your Dreams.
Gender: None specified

Re: You Say Potato, I Say...

Postby Omniczar » Sun Jul 04, 2010 4:42 pm

I kind of have to side with Blood Lord and the other's on this one. I don't see any real support to show that Olga suspects Dexter having anything to do with Mandark's death. She only found his glasses and as far as we know didn't see the others escape from Mandark's lab when it exploded.

Also, it has accured to me while Mandark did intend to blow up his lab with him in it. He also planned to keep Dexter, Blossom, and the others inside so that they'd suffer the same fate. With this in mind I'd have to say that Dexter didn't try to kill Mandark, it was actually the other way around. I saw no evidence in that scene of Dexter wanting to kill Mandark. He may have wanted to give him a good beating to save Blossom, yes, but no more than that.

I guess we'll just have to see when future posts come out now won't we. :)
Omniczar: Why is everything against me?
BeeAre: Because you are representing the spiritual monkey, as the classical buffoon or jester or fool of a joke. 'Tis Shakespearean.
Omniczar: I knew being a volunteer at Ren Faire would come back to haunt me someday.

Check out my fanfiction here: http://www.fanfiction.net/u/2168375/Teddypro
User avatar
offline
 
Posts: 592
Joined: Sat Jun 26, 2010 6:34 pm
Location: Beyond a Mortal's reach...
Gender: None specified

Re: You Say Potato, I Say...

Postby BeeAre » Sun Jul 04, 2010 8:38 pm

ISA wrote:i love the whole powerpuff girls comic and i just love the idea of the potao joke!!! :mrgreen:


hello! Welcome to the Snafu Forums! I am BR, Bleedman's writer for PpGD and a moderator on these forums! Please try to avoid using colors in your text, especially hard to read colors! I have removed the color from your post! We want to be able to see what you have to say! :) Thank you for reading and have a nice day. :D
Snafu Comics' Forum Alpha Bro, Staff Writer, Editor, Image, and Keeper of the Jar Brain of Secret President. RIP Ku Ku Ku \(-^.^-)/ U Wuz A REAL N***A!!!!!!!
"We're quite aware of this. BR is no happy rainbow face man. He is simply our neighborhood best fucking poster." ~ Warbear
最後の撃は。。。切ない。Puff Most Epic.
Ladies and Gentlemen, The:
BR

User avatar
offline
 
Posts: 5644
Joined: Thu Oct 25, 2007 8:06 pm
Location: Mississippi
Gender: Male

Re: You Say Potato, I Say...

Postby Guardian » Sun Jul 04, 2010 9:50 pm

hahahah. It worked, I was really thinking that this section was barren, but it actually worked.

Hello, sweet food.

MQuinny1234 wrote:she probably had very little information on Mandarks schemes in the first place so let's assume that she didn't know he'd kidnapped Blossom and was kinda evil... We know she at least knew where he lived.

That's an interesting statement. One that I think I can answer in a different way.

We know Dexter was told where Mandark's base was at from here. However, Mandark's base and lab have always been located around his house. It is possible that the base Mandark went to during the PpGD fight was either a new base, a back up, or that events between Dexter's Lab and PpGD forced him to relocate his base again. We could go on and on for quite some time about the relativity of Mandark's base and the one behind his house. The main point of it is that yes, Olga knew were it was at, but there might also be the possibility that she didn't know that he was there.

After DeeDee's death, we all know that Mandark went off the deep end, and ended up in an Insane Asylum. Unless Dr X kept it a secert, Mandark's family would have learned that he had escaped. Olga might have checked that base (assuming that it was already built) for him, but he was a Black Eden helping the Dark Star Council. During this time, we know that Mandark did not contact his family.

Many things can be assumed from this point in time. But the standard thing thought could have been that he lost his mind, and was wandering around. But it also looked like that around the time that Dexter found Mandark in front of DeeDee's grave, that Mandark could have ran away from his family.

Gato wrote:In my opinion, after the death of Dee Dee, Mandark needed someone to talk to. His parents, whom he wants nothing more than to sever all ties with, I don't think he'd turn to. But his sister, who, like him feels out of place with their parents and their flower child ways.

A possibility, but we don't know much of their relationship after DeeDee died. We do know that it was a bully relationship with Olga on top, but not if it changed in anyway.

Honestly, I don't think he talked to Olga. He "shut down" after her death.
http://ppg.snafu-comics.com/index.php?comic_id=114
http://ppg.snafu-comics.com/index.php?comic_id=87
http://ppg.snafu-comics.com/index.php?comic_id=115

As I said above, he was sent to a mental facility. That could have been an issue by his own parents, because I seriously don't think he had the will, or the mental capacity after that moment to make his own decisions.

Gato wrote:Mandark said something along the lines of "My Lala? You'll never hurt my Lala!"

Close. But it was more like "You'll never hurt my sister!"
http://ppg.snafu-comics.com/index.php?comic_id=134

He never mentions her nickname. Just her first name in the page before the one I Linked.



Assumptions are a dangerous thing that humanity has a tendency to act upon. They are useful for insight, and gauge a few things. Some assumptions are made entirely correct because we know from a previous example that the same thing happened, but with people it can be very hard unless you know them.

Olga isn't stupid. I don't think she would assume that Dexter killed Mandark. Even if your version, MQuinny, was true. She is suffering from a fate that Mandark or Dexter probably isn't strong enough to live through, although they were all second hand experiences. Her good friend was killed by accident by her brother. I'm sure she would have figured that out from Mandark, a recording from one of the Jackbots, or looking at the evidence. DeeDee is dead and her brother goes psychotic, she knows about the rivalry, and that Dexter is DeeDee's brother. Not that hard to piece it together. Now he brother killed himself, someone that understood her and was going through the same thing. Someone she probably cared about in a similar fasion that Dexter did to DeeDee. Olga has lost a friend and a brother, why would she strive to create more pain?

I think that Olga knew there was a base in that location, and saw the explosion or smoke. Mandark's original lab might have still been remaining, or that in good enough condition to report that a secondary base had been destroyed. So she goes out to investigate, finds smoking ruins, and Mandark's glasses. Would murder be a quick thing to assume? Yes. Of course it would be, and then the next step would be a typical form of vengeance against the one who robed you of your loved one.

But Olga also knew of Mandark's mental status, love for DeeDee, and could also have figured out that he killed himself, either on purpose or by accident. I believe she is fully capable of deducting this if she figured out that he accidentally killed DeeDee. Now she could also have figured out that Blossom and Dexter were there if they showed up to school the next day all bandaged up. Dexter doesn't seem like someone who would take too much interest in the school gossip, but Olga doesn't strike me as the one who would limit her surroundings.

I think she would have been grateful for Dexter's and the PpG actions that night, and understandable. I don't think that she will seek vengeance because of three reasons. First, she has enough pain to deal with, why would she create more? There is a lot of effort to harm someone, and that time can be better placed else where. Second, Mandark was suffering and she knew that, and now he no loner has to suffer... well, he probably went to hell, but that isn't the point. Third, what would be the point? It would create closer, it wouldn't bring him back.

So what is she trying to do to Dexter now?

Could she be sinister enough to actually be comforting him and possibly the girls? She knows DeeDee's relations, so perhaps by pulling him off stage and sending him to be a repairman for the stage crew, that three things could happen. She is directing his attention from seeing dancing, something that must and does terribly pain him, to something that comforts him. Dexter can also remain in a position to be supportive of Blossom, and/or Bubbles while they join the dance group. At the same time, she could also be helping him get over his grief. In psychology, there is a method to help someone get over their fears by locking them in a room full of it, and there is a similar procedure to gradually introduce the fear-causing-agent. You can also reverse this to rid someone of their addiction, or grief.

Is it so hard to believe that someone might not want to cause pain, but help others over their own, and in the end their own pain?
“Salvation comes with a cost. Judge us not by our methods, but by what we seek to accomplish.”

"To punish and enslave..."
Semper Vigilans
Moderator

User avatar
offline
 
Posts: 18971
Joined: Thu Sep 25, 2008 5:21 pm
Location: Right behind you.
Gender: Male

Re: You Say Potato, I Say...

Postby Xerkuct » Sun Jul 04, 2010 10:03 pm

It's easy to forget that what you know and what the charecters know are two different things.
and wow Blood Lord, that was a lot of text.
User avatar
offline
 
Posts: 170
Joined: Wed Apr 28, 2010 7:58 am
Location: Somewhere
Gender: None specified

Re: You Say Potato, I Say...

Postby VixyVeela » Sun Jul 04, 2010 10:43 pm

bleedman you should make one where blossom gets mad at dexter because of olga. :idea: :'(
offline
 
Posts: 6
Joined: Fri Jun 11, 2010 3:19 pm
Gender: None specified

Re: You Say Potato, I Say...

Postby PunkyChipsAhoy » Sun Jul 04, 2010 10:44 pm

Blood Lord what have I told you about posting wall of texts in a thread full of people giggling at Gir jokes?!
A Pimp Named Jeezy Creezy: Lasting all the way up to Valentine's.

And the Pimpeth lord sat amidst his real ballin' players, the Apostles, and raisingeth his cup of Cristal as they devoured the grapes and cheese from the finest bitches in town he said

"Sleepery Dee, Sleepery Doo.
Whoever betrays me tonight, I'll mo'fuckin' cap you!"
User avatar
offline
 
Posts: 13061
Joined: Thu Apr 06, 2006 5:22 pm
Location: ....
Gender: None specified

Re: You Say Potato, I Say...

Postby Gato » Sun Jul 04, 2010 11:04 pm

VixyVeela wrote:bleedman you should make one where blossom gets mad at dexter because of olga. :idea: :'(


Bleedman doesn't read the forums. Not to mention he's got his own writer. GTFO and stop derailing our discussion, noob.
Archrival- Now you sir have potential, definately so if Blood tolerates you. I feel you could be an asset to the forum amongst the muck.
Zelosse- I spent the last 30 minutes watching Gato's Avatar. Jesus christ it's so cute it sickens me.
User avatar
offline
 
Posts: 654
Joined: Mon Oct 19, 2009 2:20 pm
Location: Your Dreams.
Gender: None specified

Re: You Say Potato, I Say...

Postby PunkyChipsAhoy » Sun Jul 04, 2010 11:11 pm

My child, what the hell gives you the right to tell the new member to get the fuck out? Didn't another vet just tell you to stop being an asshole to new people and give them constructive feedback?!

Jesus Christ, posting 30 comments all of a sudden makes you not a newbie?
A Pimp Named Jeezy Creezy: Lasting all the way up to Valentine's.

And the Pimpeth lord sat amidst his real ballin' players, the Apostles, and raisingeth his cup of Cristal as they devoured the grapes and cheese from the finest bitches in town he said

"Sleepery Dee, Sleepery Doo.
Whoever betrays me tonight, I'll mo'fuckin' cap you!"
User avatar
offline
 
Posts: 13061
Joined: Thu Apr 06, 2006 5:22 pm
Location: ....
Gender: None specified

Re: You Say Potato, I Say...

Postby Gato » Sun Jul 04, 2010 11:47 pm

That person isn't adding anything to the discussion we're having. I may be being an asshole, but I have a reason this time.
Archrival- Now you sir have potential, definately so if Blood tolerates you. I feel you could be an asset to the forum amongst the muck.
Zelosse- I spent the last 30 minutes watching Gato's Avatar. Jesus christ it's so cute it sickens me.
User avatar
offline
 
Posts: 654
Joined: Mon Oct 19, 2009 2:20 pm
Location: Your Dreams.
Gender: None specified

Re: You Say Potato, I Say...

Postby Guardian » Sun Jul 04, 2010 11:53 pm

Xerkuct wrote:and wow Blood Lord, that was a lot of text.

Ehh. Kinda.

JesusChrist wrote:Blood Lord what have I told you about posting wall of texts in a thread full of people giggling at Gir jokes?!

Ta not to.

@ Gato: Jesus still has a point. The newb has no idea what is going on here.
“Salvation comes with a cost. Judge us not by our methods, but by what we seek to accomplish.”

"To punish and enslave..."
Semper Vigilans
Moderator

User avatar
offline
 
Posts: 18971
Joined: Thu Sep 25, 2008 5:21 pm
Location: Right behind you.
Gender: Male

Re: You Say Potato, I Say...

Postby Omniczar » Sun Jul 04, 2010 11:54 pm

Kind of reminds me of when you snapped at me! Eh, Blood Lord? :)
Omniczar: Why is everything against me?
BeeAre: Because you are representing the spiritual monkey, as the classical buffoon or jester or fool of a joke. 'Tis Shakespearean.
Omniczar: I knew being a volunteer at Ren Faire would come back to haunt me someday.

Check out my fanfiction here: http://www.fanfiction.net/u/2168375/Teddypro
User avatar
offline
 
Posts: 592
Joined: Sat Jun 26, 2010 6:34 pm
Location: Beyond a Mortal's reach...
Gender: None specified

Re: You Say Potato, I Say...

Postby Gato » Mon Jul 05, 2010 12:12 am

Okay, okay. Sorry. I shouldn't be posting when I'm tired.
Archrival- Now you sir have potential, definately so if Blood tolerates you. I feel you could be an asset to the forum amongst the muck.
Zelosse- I spent the last 30 minutes watching Gato's Avatar. Jesus christ it's so cute it sickens me.
User avatar
offline
 
Posts: 654
Joined: Mon Oct 19, 2009 2:20 pm
Location: Your Dreams.
Gender: None specified

Re: You Say Potato, I Say...

Postby Omniczar » Mon Jul 05, 2010 12:15 am

Yeah, I does make people cranky. I can't count how many times my sister's been in a bad mood! :grin:

Hehe, we all make mistakes Gato. Just learn too keep your cool like I have and you'll be fine. :)
Omniczar: Why is everything against me?
BeeAre: Because you are representing the spiritual monkey, as the classical buffoon or jester or fool of a joke. 'Tis Shakespearean.
Omniczar: I knew being a volunteer at Ren Faire would come back to haunt me someday.

Check out my fanfiction here: http://www.fanfiction.net/u/2168375/Teddypro
User avatar
offline
 
Posts: 592
Joined: Sat Jun 26, 2010 6:34 pm
Location: Beyond a Mortal's reach...
Gender: None specified

Re: You Say Potato, I Say...

Postby MQuinny1234 » Mon Jul 05, 2010 2:33 am

meh, Perhaps instead of trying to find the most logical explanation, we should try to see what the most dramatic is, or what the most likely choice BR and the others picked.
Image=
-"I'm sophisticated, charming, suave, and debonair, Professor. But I have never claimed to be civilized."
Reluctant Nailbiter
User avatar
offline
 
Posts: 15205
Joined: Wed May 20, 2009 2:46 pm
Location: r=R{(M[2]/3M[1])^1/3}
Gender: Male

Re: You Say Potato, I Say...

Postby BeeAre » Mon Jul 05, 2010 3:09 am

MQuinny1234 wrote:meh, Perhaps instead of trying to find the most logical explanation, we should try to see what the most dramatic is, or what the most likely choice BR and the others picked.


Honestly, the most dramatic option generally is the most logical when a story's plot is coiled tightly.
Snafu Comics' Forum Alpha Bro, Staff Writer, Editor, Image, and Keeper of the Jar Brain of Secret President. RIP Ku Ku Ku \(-^.^-)/ U Wuz A REAL N***A!!!!!!!
"We're quite aware of this. BR is no happy rainbow face man. He is simply our neighborhood best fucking poster." ~ Warbear
最後の撃は。。。切ない。Puff Most Epic.
Ladies and Gentlemen, The:
BR

User avatar
offline
 
Posts: 5644
Joined: Thu Oct 25, 2007 8:06 pm
Location: Mississippi
Gender: Male

Re: You Say Potato, I Say...

Postby Riakada » Mon Jul 05, 2010 4:32 am

hmm, after being mowed down by Blood Lord's wall o' text, I believe the "wait and see" tactic will work, just like every other time I had to use it. lol
TOONAMI: March 17, 1997 - September 20, 2008.
Never Forget.

Octodexy wrote:Once one guild figured out I was a girl, I suddenly got 10 cats in my mailbox. I don't want a fucking cat. Fuck your cat.


Bebo-27 wrote:Hell no!! Brotherly love is boring. We need some incest in this bitch!!
User avatar
offline
 
Posts: 10
Joined: Thu Aug 14, 2008 12:45 am
Location: Nearest Banana-Phonebooth
Gender: None specified

Re: You Say Potato, I Say...

Postby Xerkuct » Mon Jul 05, 2010 10:11 am

Riakada wrote:hmm, after being mowed down by Blood Lord's wall o' text, I believe the "wait and see" tactic will work, just like every other time I had to use it. lol


I almost never predict what will happen because I hate being wrong.
User avatar
offline
 
Posts: 170
Joined: Wed Apr 28, 2010 7:58 am
Location: Somewhere
Gender: None specified

Re: You Say Potato, I Say...

Postby ptmc2112 » Mon Jul 05, 2010 11:59 am

Blood Lord wrote:
Gato wrote:Mandark said something along the lines of "My Lala? You'll never hurt my Lala!"

Close. But it was more like "You'll never hurt my sister!"
http://ppg.snafu-comics.com/index.php?comic_id=134

He never mentions her nickname. Just her first name in the page before the one I Linked.


He actually does say her nickname, when he said, "You took away my Deedee...and now you want to take away Lala? I'LL KILL YOU!!!"

It's on the same page linked in the quote.
Image
Image
User avatar
offline
 
Posts: 68
Joined: Sun Jan 18, 2009 8:23 pm
Location: Somewhere in the Multiverse
Gender: None specified

Re: You Say Potato, I Say...

Postby Omniczar » Mon Jul 05, 2010 12:36 pm

He actually does say her nickname, when he said, "You took away my Deedee...and now you want to take away Lala? I'LL KILL YOU!!!"


He just proved my point from earlier. Mandark tried to kill Dexter, not the other way around. However, whether Olga knows this is an entirely different story.
Omniczar: Why is everything against me?
BeeAre: Because you are representing the spiritual monkey, as the classical buffoon or jester or fool of a joke. 'Tis Shakespearean.
Omniczar: I knew being a volunteer at Ren Faire would come back to haunt me someday.

Check out my fanfiction here: http://www.fanfiction.net/u/2168375/Teddypro
User avatar
offline
 
Posts: 592
Joined: Sat Jun 26, 2010 6:34 pm
Location: Beyond a Mortal's reach...
Gender: None specified

PreviousNext

Return to Comic Updates and News!

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Google [Bot] and 3 guests