LI Closed

As the title suggests, feel free to RP it up.

Moderators: Mod Squad, RP Mod Squad

Re: Lunatic Inc. OOC:Sign-ups temporarily re-open

Postby Rough Giraffe » Sat Jun 12, 2010 5:11 pm

If Madness wanted to, at any time he could go back and retitle this thing to say "Signups Closed." Seeing that he has not, it is safe to say that you may generate a character sheet for his approval.
A little bit Ruff around the edges

Postby counterfeitself » Sat Jun 12, 2010 8:24 pm

Fin.

Name: Eumaeus Athna

Race: Methuselah, Similar to humans except they tend to be very long lived and have heightened reflexes and senses including a sixth sense, some have evolved other powers such as Psionic powers or fire manipulation. They have white hair, red eyes and slightly elongated ears similar to those of the Eldar. These account for their ability to see in the infrared and also their heightened hearing.

Physical Description: Standing at 6'1", Eumaeus weighs 170lbs. He wears his white hair at shoulder length, bringing it back into a ponytail if it starts getting in the way. His nails are well manicured and he has very feminine features much like an Eldar. He is slender and looks frail, but is much faster than he appears to be.

Equipment: A Navy Blue piloting jumpsuit with the Lunatic Inc logo upon the collar. He carries a pistol at his side, but doesn't like using it. He also from time to time will wear his old pirate uniform or his uniform from the Frontier wars.

Theme Song: High Passage Low Passage - The Lord Weird Slough Feg

Powers
Psionics: Mind Reading. Eumaeus can skim the thoughts of those around him and with concentration can read people's minds not in his presence. He can supplant ideas in a persons mind, but this will not cause them to follow it unless they have an inclination to follow the idea anyway.

Senses and reflexes: It is conjectured that Methuselah live in a type of slow motion where everything around them appears to be going slower for them. This allows them to react faster and appear to move faster than others making them ideal pilots. Their sixth sense also helps with this. When tested it was found even when blindfolded they could guess with a high accuracy (80% of Test Subjects) when an image would change on a TV screen.

Skills:
Tech Savant: When he comes across technology he is able to figure out and understand it much faster that others. This may be due to his heightened "senses."
He has no combat skills outside of vehicles and relies upon his ship and can pilot drones and Mechs.

Titles: He prefers to be called Captain.
Captain - His Rank in the Methuselah military before the end of the war on his discharge.

These are his nicknames of his alias Slough Feg given by those in the Dark Empire that previously hunted him, not titles.
Psionic Menace
Skyway Corsair

History: Although young for a Methuselah, Eumaeus has done a lot. A veteran of the Frontier wars, he was known for his hotshot piloting and snarky attitude towards his superiors. After the war ended he worked as a pirate raiding the Dark Empire. Looting mines and attacking caravans, he was a menace of the skies, but growing tired of running from the empire he discarded his alias Slough Feg and instead returned to using his original name and decided to join Lunatic Inc.

Combat suits

Confidential wrote:Armour Type Arc-170 Laplander II - Standing at 11 feet tall the Laplander is a mechanized suit of armour. It is equipped with an integrated weapon, a jet pack (for short jumps only), space capabilities and many other weapons for its other hand. Originally designed to combat tanks, the Laplander is mobile, but usually limited by its pilots. However in the hands of a Methusaleh, its potential can be reached due to their unique reflexes and senses. It's armour is relatively light, as it relies more on mobility, but it is basically immune to small arms fire (pistols, smgs, light machine guns) and can take a hit or two from a tank cannon and have a chance of survival for the pilot (the armour itself won't last long in this situation).

Standard Weaponry
- The right arm of the Laplander holds an integrated weapon either a 20mm Cannon or the Arc Hammer.

Integrated 20 mm Auto-cannon - Integrated into the right arm of the suit, this cannon has an internal loading mechanism and ammo storage.

Integrated Arc Hammer - An energy based weapon usable at close ranges that shoots a stream of plasma that can cut through most things. Has an effective range of 3 feet, beyond that it may harm those not in armour, but not fatally.

Auxiliary Weaponry - The Laplander can be armed with a variety of other weapons depending on the situation it will be heading into. These are all carried in the Laplander's right hand and they can be dropped and picked up freely. It however is limited to carrying only one extra weapon.

Rocket Launcher - A standard rocket launcher, it contains 4 rockets that are shot individually. Individually this reduces the mobility moderately, with an extra rocket pack it greatly reduces the Laplander's mobility.

Aegis - A one use cannon that can burn through almost anything, but takes time to charge up and reduces the mobility of the Laplander greatly. Requires a replacement battery.

.50 Calibre machine gun - Loaded off a belt this gun is mainly for combating infantry, unarmoured or lightly armoured vehicles, light fortifications or low flying aircraft. Reduces mobility of the Laplander moderately.

Claymore - A large sword for combating infantry and lightly armoured targets, it is made of Adamantium and can cut through some steel. Reduces mobility slightly.

Rocket Pack - A jet pack that can briefly launch the Laplander into the air. Normally the Laplander is equipped with a pair of hooks to help guide the Laplander, but Eumaeus removed them to increase it's mobility at the risk of less flight control.
Last edited by counterfeitself on Fri Nov 12, 2010 3:38 am, edited 3 times in total.

Postby Musicmac » Sun Jun 13, 2010 10:21 am

Yay for mind-bending pilots. :D
Listen.

Postby Doctress Who » Sun Jun 13, 2010 10:41 am

More psionics! *high five* and a techie and pilot too. Ah, Romana will love you.

Hehe, and a mild form of temporal deceleration...? Or something very similar anyway.
Doctress likes this :3
Hiryu: Doc's bag is a portal. She's actually from another dimension and when she jumped into it, she ended up at a desk with a browser open on this site. That's how she found it.
We have a Doctor Who thread now. Doctor Who threads are cool.
Time Lady

Postby sam4books » Sun Jun 13, 2010 11:20 am

Let's see, Charles is a teleporting cabby, Eymaeus is a tech-savvy pilot. I predict many interesting conversations in the future :3
Musicmac: "Sam4Books: Always ready to cheer things up with awesome art. Terms and Conditions apply."
In passing

Postby Bolts » Sun Jun 13, 2010 1:21 pm

Do I smell another "I feel pretty" duet? Or perhaps a trio?

Postby sam4books » Sun Jun 13, 2010 1:31 pm

Nah, I was thinking about something more along the lines of this.
Musicmac: "Sam4Books: Always ready to cheer things up with awesome art. Terms and Conditions apply."
In passing

Postby Doctress Who » Sun Jun 13, 2010 1:47 pm

Privately Romana will point and laugh at Charles' teleportation service.
Pfft. Teleportation, who needs it? It's so primitive compared to timespace travel. ;P hehehe
Hiryu: Doc's bag is a portal. She's actually from another dimension and when she jumped into it, she ended up at a desk with a browser open on this site. That's how she found it.
Time Lady

Postby sam4books » Sun Jun 13, 2010 1:57 pm

And Charles will kindly point out that his homeworld is a very primitive place to live in. They STILL don't have cars yet :D The only reason they have machinery that teleports people from one place to another AND a machine that allows an entire CITY float around in the sky is because of magic AND technopaths.
In passing

Postby Doctress Who » Sun Jun 13, 2010 2:00 pm

Indeed. True, very true.
But still... -points and laughs-

e'hem. sorry.
Time Lady

Postby Musicmac » Sun Jun 13, 2010 2:22 pm

...I like muffins. :3
Listen.

Postby Diirva » Sun Jun 13, 2010 3:14 pm

Oh, wonderful. Another character with the power to stick his nose into other people's heads.

Postby Mastermind001 » Sun Jun 13, 2010 3:17 pm

That would be the fourth, wouldn't it?
"Fate smiles on the strange. So its a good thing, I'm the strangest of all." - William Livingstone, Cirque de la Nuit
More Robots

Postby Doctress Who » Sun Jun 13, 2010 3:42 pm

In terms of actual mind reading, yeah.

Let’s see:
Il thrane
(meta)Enine
Romana

And then, Eumaeus.

But Milan’s ‘intent’ and ‘influence’ might count too.
Time Lady

Postby IamAlphaGeek » Mon Jun 14, 2010 12:18 pm

Ack! Il thrane doesn't feel so special now, but I can shoot lightning! (insert Darth Sideous here)
'Samus. That's the only name you'll hear. Samus. It means the end and the death. Samus. I am Samus. Samus is all around you. Samus is the man beside you. Samus will gnaw upon your bones. Look out! Samus is here.' - Horus Rising by Dan Abnett

I can see clearly now the rain is gone! I can see all obsta-- *runs into a pole*

Postby TheMaddness » Thu Jun 17, 2010 6:05 pm

If you didnt catch the hint, the Lunatic inc bios portion of the C.A Is a way for you to know the OoC bio information in character without being too meta. Though right now the information you have access to doesnt go beyond the people youve met so far, aside from a list of names, and not even all of those are there.
i'll be updating those profiles, as well as adding Toro's later of course.
And dont worry, the tour will go by quickly, and it will be interesting enough. though I will leave some pauses for you guys to comment or question.

Postby Styx » Thu Jun 17, 2010 7:29 pm

Ruffdraft I don't mean any offense by this but where the fuck did Scael come from...Orville was at an empty table before Isarabi sat down

Postby Diirva » Thu Jun 17, 2010 9:12 pm

Styx wrote:Orville was at an empty table

There's only one table, according to Mr. GM over there.

Postby Akaine » Thu Jun 17, 2010 10:13 pm

Hmm, well I responded to that anyways, but if any edits are made, I'll be sure to add and edit mine as well, no worries guys. And I wouldn't assume that you'd be able to wipe off the paint either. I'd leave it up to the GM or the user.
Doctress Who-CURSE YOU AKAINE AND FENIX. *Shakes fist*
Musicmac-INNUENDO... STRIKE!
Innuendo Squad Leader
Dare to join?
Innuendo King

Postby Styx » Thu Jun 17, 2010 10:31 pm

If none of you have ever experienced that pain and tribulation of getting undiluted artist quality oil paint off something...that should describe how hard it is to get it off, something incredibly waxy and thick. You couldn't get it off with a finger. It takes scrubbing even with the right liquids. Also a mess hall for an entire organization with only 1 table, what the hell?

Postby Akaine » Thu Jun 17, 2010 10:32 pm

BRILLO PAD Use one of them to scrape it off, that'll work. After it's dry.

I've worked with the stuff, it's pretty cool.
Innuendo Squad Leader
Dare to join?
Innuendo King

Postby Styx » Thu Jun 17, 2010 10:36 pm

You still see my point that it requires specific tools in order to get off whether it be Dawn and a Kitchen sponge or a brillo pad or a brush and mineral spirits. It still takes a decent amount of time to remove

Postby Akaine » Thu Jun 17, 2010 11:28 pm

No offense to Ruff, but I get ya. I just wanted a base post. lol
Innuendo Squad Leader
Dare to join?
Innuendo King

Postby Rough Giraffe » Thu Jun 17, 2010 11:28 pm

Oil paint can come off with a dry cloth while it's still wet, especially against something smooth, hard, and nonporous. Don't get so worked up.
A little bit Ruff around the edges

Postby Akaine » Thu Jun 17, 2010 11:32 pm

But it sticks and stays there, I'm pretty sure. I've done a lot of painting with different types of paint.
Innuendo Squad Leader
Dare to join?
Innuendo King

PreviousNext

Return to Role Playing