Just Between You and Me:Reprise OOC - Sign Ups Always Open

As the title suggests, feel free to RP it up.

Moderators: Mod Squad, RP Mod Squad

Re: Just Between You and Me: Reprise ~ OOC - Sign Ups Open

Postby Tragedy_and_Comedy » Tue Jun 15, 2010 12:02 pm

Yup. Found out my marks April 26
You... you really don't get it... do you? I... I love him... I'd die with him. Or for him. That's what you do... how you feel when you love someone. - Impulse

Postby ViviGlow » Tue Jun 15, 2010 12:03 pm

Livix wrote:I don't mind Keiran with you skipping the party

Same here.
I... am plotting something... he he he he...

Postby counterfeitself » Tue Jun 15, 2010 12:04 pm

I may have a job. :eek: This is a surprise and a half. So, ya. Even less posting from me >.> Not that I interact with you people anyway. Lemme just go RP in my own little world.

Postby Doctress Who » Tue Jun 15, 2010 1:03 pm

Ahh but you will still be missed!
And glad to hear the good news. I hope you do get that job.
Hiryu: Doc's bag is a portal. She's actually from another dimension and when she jumped into it, she ended up at a desk with a browser open on this site. That's how she found it.
We have a Doctor Who thread now. Doctor Who threads are cool.
Time Lady

Postby Tragedy_and_Comedy » Tue Jun 15, 2010 1:45 pm

I am leaving Thursday for my job and may have some trouble connecting to the internet
You... you really don't get it... do you? I... I love him... I'd die with him. Or for him. That's what you do... how you feel when you love someone. - Impulse

Postby Kougaiji+Sesshomaru » Tue Jun 15, 2010 4:05 pm

I'm still taking classes. Last one's on Monday, same time as my math test -...-" I hope I don't fail @_@ math is my weakest subject.
But something not school related, I'm headed to the AnimeNext in NY on saturday. A friend and I are doing a Shadow of the Colossus cosplay. I'm blowing this weeks paycheck, hurray!! Lawls. It'll definitely be the best way to celebrate the end of Summer I and then a pick of Summer II in July.
Perhaps you are asking the wrong questions?

Location: Fancy myself a scientist during the day because I've no idea where I am

Postby Tuor » Tue Jun 15, 2010 4:56 pm

Painting houses, woo
"Suddenly Frodo noticed that a strange-looking weather-beaten man, sitting in the shadows near the wall, was also listening intently to the hobbit-talk. He had a tall tankard in front of him, and was smoking a long-stemmed pipe curiously carved. His legs were stretched out before him, showing high boots of supple leather that fitted him well, but had seen much wear and were now caked with mud. A travel-stained cloak of heavy dark-green cloth was drawn close about him, and in spite of the heat of the room he wore a hood that overshadowed his face; but the gleam of his eyes could be seen as he watched the hobbits."
Rest Easy Ethan

Postby Keiran » Tue Jun 15, 2010 11:17 pm

That's better than my current job Tuor.

Postby Tuor » Wed Jun 16, 2010 1:48 am

o rly?
"Suddenly Frodo noticed that a strange-looking weather-beaten man, sitting in the shadows near the wall, was also listening intently to the hobbit-talk. He had a tall tankard in front of him, and was smoking a long-stemmed pipe curiously carved. His legs were stretched out before him, showing high boots of supple leather that fitted him well, but had seen much wear and were now caked with mud. A travel-stained cloak of heavy dark-green cloth was drawn close about him, and in spite of the heat of the room he wore a hood that overshadowed his face; but the gleam of his eyes could be seen as he watched the hobbits."
Rest Easy Ethan

Postby Keiran » Wed Jun 16, 2010 9:12 am

You try standing in a fridge for 8 hrs a day 5 days a week and twist back and forth to take bacon off a line and on to a tray. If you're lucky you get an hour of making boxes, if you're not you have to put the trays in the packing machine.

Postby counterfeitself » Wed Jun 16, 2010 10:31 am

Shitty. I almost got a job where I'd be doing that with pork. I "failed" the physical though due to old sports injuries. Assuming I get this job, I will be working with disabled people. Just helping with their daily lives and stuff like that.

Postby Kougaiji+Sesshomaru » Wed Jun 16, 2010 10:34 am

Ah, a talk between the two greatest evils about Hybrid preening. How glorious and utterly insinuating this shall be.
It's funny you call her that Slip, since Melons is the nickname I use when talking about her, x3 We must share wavelengths or something and her middle name is Carmela, with an E, just thought I'd point it out. >...> Not really a problem just thought I'd clear that up now for future reference.

Location: Fancy myself a scientist during the day because I've no idea where I am

Postby Slipslash » Wed Jun 16, 2010 10:47 am

Oh that?

I just copied it off of Keiran's main page, she's the one who made the typo, sorry about "copying and pasting' wrong. . .
*WHAT I THOUGHT I'D DO WAS PRETEND I WAS ONE OF THOSE DEAF-MUTES*

Postby Kougaiji+Sesshomaru » Wed Jun 16, 2010 11:07 am

Lawls, that's kk, was just pointing it out is all.

Postby Zako » Wed Jun 16, 2010 5:20 pm

I feel like some action needed...
- Join the HUMP LEGION. Leading the Humping and Bumping since time began...*humpa humpa humpa* -

Note to self. Pg541
SPACE ASSHOLE...

Postby ViviGlow » Wed Jun 16, 2010 6:04 pm

I feel unloveeedd...
I... am plotting something... he he he he...

Postby Slipslash » Wed Jun 16, 2010 6:07 pm

Like I said, until the "resistance' proves they are a force to be reckoned with (although that is still laughable) Red will assume they don't exist at all and are nothing more then rumor.

Hell, even if they do attack, Red's going to assume it's a rival gang. He probably won't find out they're hybrids until AFTER the fact. Goes to show you low he thinks of them.
*WHAT I THOUGHT I'D DO WAS PRETEND I WAS ONE OF THOSE DEAF-MUTES*

Postby Livix » Wed Jun 16, 2010 9:44 pm

I want to post, but I want to read the rest of Slip's and Kougaiji's conversation more
I'm good with computers, that is all

Postby Zako » Wed Jun 16, 2010 9:52 pm

Slipslash wrote:Like I said, until the "resistance' proves they are a force to be reckoned with (although that is still laughable) Red will assume they don't exist at all and are nothing more then rumor.

Hell, even if they do attack, Red's going to assume it's a rival gang. He probably won't find out they're hybrids until AFTER the fact. Goes to show you low he thinks of them.

Assuming the hybrids will take affirmative action and give us a reason to shoot at them.
- Join the HUMP LEGION. Leading the Humping and Bumping since time began...*humpa humpa humpa* -

Note to self. Pg541
SPACE ASSHOLE...

Postby Kougaiji+Sesshomaru » Wed Jun 16, 2010 10:01 pm

@Livix: Really? It can't be that distracting. 'sides it's gonna take me a while anyway, unless ya wanna wait til 1 in NY time to see it then by all means, have fun ^^

Postby Livix » Wed Jun 16, 2010 10:26 pm

I live in the same time zone apparently. -5?
I'm good with computers, that is all

Postby Kougaiji+Sesshomaru » Wed Jun 16, 2010 10:45 pm

Not quite sure the number for the zone, simply expect it extremely late. ^^

Postby counterfeitself » Wed Jun 16, 2010 11:37 pm

I have a job :3 Yes, yes money :3 Well then, training tomorrow... gotta be there at 8:30, I got up at 9 today.. oh boy.

Postby Chaseleon » Thu Jun 17, 2010 8:04 am

And here it is, finally. O:

Name: Lawrence 'The Law' Gallagher

Species: Hybrid

Sub-species: Carpet Python/Cobra

Description:
Lawrence is six feet tall, with a wiry build. His black hair is cropped short but is rarely seen as it is often covered by the ratty hoodie he refuses to take off. Lawrence is only 24 yet he appears to look twice his age. His good looks are marred by his cheeks, which are riddled with scars, seemingly from a knife. He often disguises himself as a common vagrant. He wears brown coloured contacts and his gaze is known to be quite intense.

His animal features include a forked tongue and diamond-shaped scales on his forearms and chest. His forked tongue is hidden by a holographic device that is placed inside a fake tooth. His scales are usually hidden by the clothes he wears, but Lawrence keeps an extra holographic device on his person at all times just in case. There is a visible bulge on the left side of his jacket most of the time.

Clothing:
Lawrence often wears clothes he steals from various shops around the city, the only constant between his varying outfits being his much abused hoodie. The clothes he steals are usually at the cutting edge of fashion. He is especially fond of black jeans. He tends to keep his gun inside his hoodie, and his knife is often kept in his pockets.

Weapons:
'The Lawdog' - A modified Beretta Px4 Storm. The Lawdog has been rechambered to .45 ACP and its barrel has been lengthened to facilitate the use of a silencer. It has also been coated in an anti-corrosive layer. It has been painted a uniform black colour. This was a gift Lawrence gave himself to celebrate his 21st birthday.

'First Blood' - A sharpened hunting knife. It smells faintly of disinfectant. This knife is special to Lawrence as he made his first kill with this knife. He has kept it ever since. It reminds him of his ex-owner, which in turn fuels the anger that keeps him fighting.

'Venom' - An AN-94 that has been modified with lighter parts in order to reduce the overall weight of the weapon. A GP-30 under slung grenade launcher is mounted on it. Lawrence uses Venom to breach and clear buildings. He keeps Venom and the ammunition for it in hidden locations throughout the city.

Types of ammunition for Venom’s grenade launcher:
Fragmentation Grenades
Smoke Grenades
CS Gas Grenades

Other things:
Body armour – Lawrence spent quite a bit of the money he ‘acquired’ purchasing this vest, but he doesn’t regret it. He knows that there are better products out there, Lawrence feels that what he purchased is adequate.
(For full specifications, check out: http://www.engardemalaysia.com/en/producten.htm
I didn’t know I had people who produced body armour in my own backyard. O:
Look at the EnGarde Jaguar. That’s the one.)

Gas mask – Lawrence recently ‘acquired’ his gas mask from the home of a somewhat crazy survivalist. Lawrence believes that it would be prudent to keep a gas mask around given that he uses smoke/CS gas grenades quite a bit.

Ski mask – Just a regular ski mask to cover the face and protect one’s identity.

Small backpack – This backpack is one of the few items that Lawrence has actually bought. He uses it to store spare magazines for his gun, some food, a change of clothes and a few of the items mentioned above.

Hidden locations throughout the city – The ‘hidden locations throughout the city’ that were mentioned earlier are all located underground. Lawrence believes that keeping things in old, disused sewers and other subterranean structures that haven’t seen any use for decades is much safer than storing his things above ground. Lawrence himself doesn’t sleep/stay here unless he believes that he is in some kind of danger.

Goal/Occupation: To punish certain humans; Protect hybrids; Make a safe place for hybrids everywhere at any cost; Get over his loathing for humans/Vigilante; Thief

Personality:
Lawrence is somewhat distrustful of everyone; however, anyone who makes the effort to befriend him will find that he is very loyal. Lawrence is quite cynical, and this shows when he speaks. He has no trouble speaking or dealing with humans, though his gaze makes his distaste for them quite evident at times.

Lawrence has a somewhat twisted sense of justice. He attributes this to a life of being hunted. He finds it very easy to blame humans for things, and he is quite willing to kill for even the smallest of slights. Lawrence finds this somewhat distressing.

Lawrence himself is, at his core, a friendly person. Having grown up in a safe haven away from the horrors experienced by most hybrids, Lawrence is quite psychologically stable. Ever since his torture at the hands of his old master, Lawrence fears losing control of a situation. Lawrence values courtesy and the rights of an individual to control their own lives very highly, and is quite willing to die to protect that right.

Due to the time he spent on his own after his 19th year, Lawrence has developed a compulsion for stealing. He often finds himself stealing things for no real reason. Lawrence doesn’t believe that this is a bad thing, because it helps provide Lawrence with a semi-steady source of income.

Lawrence has some difficulty getting angry in the usual sense. Lawence has no problem feeling anger – in fact, anger is a emotion that Lawrence often feels, along with sadness and mild euphoria. Lawrence’s anger doesn’t often show on his exterior, making his anger the cold and calculating type, which ends up making him more vicious and devious than your run-of-the-mill rebel with a cause as his anger seethes inside him. The benefit of this is that Lawrence often appears quite calm as anger rarely influences his thinking.

Lawrence is quite attached to two items in his possession. His hoodie – which initially belonged to his father, is the only thing he owns that came from his parents, reminds him of his life with his family on the outskirts of the city in a safe haven for hybrids, and is a constant reminder of his goal to protect hybrids and establish a safe place for them so no hybrid in the future will ever have to go through what Lawrence and many others have gone through. His knife is a reminder of the cruelty of certain humans. This in turn helps feeds the fires of hatred burning in his heart and reminds him that in order for there to be peace, there are those that must die. Lawrence is more than willing to be the hand that deals them it.

History:
Lawrence was born to a Python hybrid and a Cobra Hybrid. His parents met as slaves in a hybrid brothel. They were placed in the same room to cater to masochists, and were quite well-known for their abilities, and were rewarded for this by being particularly well-treated compared to most sex slaves. After a particularly horrendous night with a human sadomasochistic couple, Lawrence's parents took comfort in each others arms.

Some weeks later, Lawrence's parents were shocked to hear that Lawrence's mother was with child. They considered aborting Lawrence, but fate intervened. Hybrid sympathizers broke into the brothel and spirited out a few hybrids, among them Lawrence's parents. The liberated hybrids were then sent to a safe haven at the outer edges of the city.

The next 19 years of Lawrence's life were spent living in fragile tranquility - Cases of hybrids being caught were reported with increasing frequency each year. In his 19th year, the safe haven he was living in ceased to be safe anymore. Their liberators and resistors were executed on the spot and the hybrids sent to brothels and other disreputable establishments throughout the city. Lawrence's parents were executed in front of him, thus sparking Lawrence's great dislike of most humans.

Lawrence himself was sent to a particularly cruel owner, a hybrid hunter of some repute. Lawrence's owner, an obvious sadist, decided to 'play' with Lawrence. The end result was Lawrence's face being mutilated by his owner's knife. This continued for a few days, Lawrence eventually being unable to take any more abuse from his owner, decided to reciprocate his owner's action tenfold. His blade's first victim was his owner.

Once Lawrence was finished with him, he could only be recognized by his dental records. Lawrence spent the next few years of his life stealing from various parties to amass the resources he required. Now Lawrence has acquired most of the weaponry he needs and feels ready to get his revenge on those who have wronged him, but some part of him seems to be protesting against his violent urges. Lawrence has decided that the best thing to do now is to wait and see. Of course, in order to see a reaction, you must take some action, which is what Lawrence is planning to do.

(Given that I wasn't exactly alert when I made this, there's bound to be more than a few errors. Sorry 'bout that. I feel that the history is quite horrible/run-of-the-mill/cliched, but oh well. I never liked writing histories much anyway. >>)
Last edited by Chaseleon on Thu Jun 17, 2010 10:02 am, edited 1 time in total.
Ideas are bulletproof.

Postby Musicmac » Thu Jun 17, 2010 9:35 am

Nicely done, Chase.
Wait, our country actually approves bulletproof armor for the public?
That's odd.
And I'm guessing you didn't sleep yesterday? 3:
Listen.

PreviousNext

Return to Role Playing