An Open Throne IC: Chapter 1 A Dastardly Game

As the title suggests, feel free to RP it up.

Moderators: Mod Squad, RP Mod Squad

An Open Throne IC: Chapter 1 A Dastardly Game

Postby counterfeitself » Sun Jun 06, 2010 3:14 am

Steward Alexei Huxley

Alexei looked across the nobles, priests and guild masters gathered in the hall. Waiting for them to finish entering, he stood and cleared his throat. “Ahem. As you have probably heard, Emperor Michael II’s health is failing and due to the recent death of his son, there is no heir. He has made it my job to inform you, those of the Aristocracy that he will choose one of you as his heirs before his death.” A few gasps came out of the crowd. “As such, it will be my job to run the country and keep an eye upon you as the Steward. Gaining the respect of all the people of the country is important, and any acts of open warfare against each other will disqualify you from the throne. I trust you all understand what this means. Now, I shall open the floor up for any questions.”

Nihila Killian
She looked out upon the crowd. One man caught her eye. He wore a turban, but had a magical veil up as well. Arching her eyebrow, she made a mental note to have her men investigate Baron Hastur a bit more. Looking across to the seat for the Feyor College, she hoped to see Ammon seated there, however a tall thin man sat in his place. She had hoped to see Ammon seated there. It had been a long time and she had wished to catch up with him. Sighing, she shot another glance at the Baron. For a second she thought she saw something else, but it must have been her eyes playing a trick on her. After Alexei had opened the floor for questions, passed him a glance and walked off to attend to her other duties.

Aron Akeme
This court was a lie. It never did anything. This country never did anything. I can change this. I will make this a better place. We will run of the goddamn Scrin and then Selavice will be safe for all eternity. Looking around he saw the faces of his competitors: A turban wearing Holy man turned Baron, a young Count showing off his whore wife, a child for a countess, and a power crazed bitch of a Baroness. Turning to Gabriel, he shot a glare across at him. Gabriel Faus, the worst of them all. The Duke of Actuss speaking of bettering the world for everyone, but doing nothing to aide against the Scrin, a hypocrite if there ever was one. Fuming, he took a drink from a flash and turned to leave, leaving his Steward to watch over the rest of the meeting.

Ezekiel Hastur
He looked around the room, absorbing the smell. What a smell, an amazing smell. So much flesh in one place. He could smell the magic radiating from some of the people in the room. It was intoxicating. Suddenly he felt like someone was staring at him unmasked. Looking around again his eyes made contact with that of the Court Magister, Nihila Killian. As the Steward finished, he watched her walk away from the table. Getting up, he too left heading towards the same door she had left through. Getting cut off by a Battle Mage, he nodded to them and headed back to his seat. What a troublesome place.

Derrick Knowles
Seated next to his wife with his advisors behind him, Derrick listened intently to Steward Huxley. A game... for the throne? This could get interesting. He looked across the room, spotting Duke Akeme. He had just taken a large swig from his flask and had risen to leave the table. That old drunk is going to drink himself to death, he mused. With another look around the room, he reflected upon the attendees that were not of Noble Bloodlines. Two Trading Tycoons, a Priest, a priest masquerading as a Baron, a Magical beast activist, a representative of the Vereldar Mages and a Political Advisor. Most of these wouldn’t be fit for the throne, although he had heard good things of the Dimir, but he was unsure if he could trust them. He turned to look at his wife as the Steward finished talking, commenting quietly, “This sounds like fun.”

Jessica Godwin
Jessica looked across the room. Count Knowles sat there with his prized wife. He whispered something to his wife as Huxley finished talking and they both giggled a little. Sighing, she looked back at Huxley. She had no ambition for this. It wasn’t her sort of thing. She just wanted the citizens of the country to be happy. If she made them happy, then so be it; if someone else pleased them, then that was all for the better. She took another look around the room. Her eyes fell upon Count Knowles, the Young trading guild tycoon then a young brash looking warrior. She took another look around the room and her eyes crossed those of Baroness Dresk. After a short staring match, she looked away.

Lily Dresk
She stared across the room at that bitch that was married to Count Knowles. She envied that bitch. Derrick was everything she wanted in a man. Rich, powerful, smart, sexy, you name it, he had it. Taking a look around the room she noticed the young Countess Godwin eyeing him as well. Shooting a look that could potentially kill; she stared across the room at the young woman. The Countess looked around the room and their eyes cross. She froze for a second, then quickly looked away. “That’s right bitch,” muttered Lily. Turning her attention again she realigned her chilling gaze with the back of Countess Knowles head.

Liliana Smits
“I wish Georg was here instead of on that forsaken Island,” she spoke to no one in particular. She would rather not become an empress, maybe an economic advisor or run a national guild, but being the head of the whole damn country. “Old Michael seems to have lost it.” She looked across the room at her rival. Her eyes narrowed. He was barely a man. Shooting him a look of displeasure before getting up, she walked out of the room not caring what this stupid meeting was about.

Re: An Open Throne IC: Chapter 1 A Dastardly Game

Postby Redsnow » Sun Jun 06, 2010 5:27 am

Baric Verel-Sheim, steward of Feyor College, could only sigh as he sat uncomfortably in his master's place before the most powerful people in the empire. The rather tall man was dressed in the traditional robes of Feyor College, though no markings along the hems or the sleeves of his attire marked him as one who had never been allowed into the Order. The steward, having served in the Feyor militia, was a bit too large for the small chair that had been prepared for the rather short Ammon Lancastor, but he had been under strict orders to observe the entire meeting to its end.

Not that it seemed it mattered. The Master, as young as he was, had been aware of the Emperor's deteriorating health for some time, though he had not mentioned such to anyone but Baric, and even then only in an off-hand, dismissive way. Baric, having little patience for the art of political intrigue, had passed it off - there were more pressing things for him to get to as steward.

That was until three days ago, when the Master had come to a similar conclusion in regards to his studies.

===Three Days Ago===

The city of Feyor, often called a mage-city, was nestled near a river by the north border of Vereldar. The winters were painfully cold, and much of the city was built to defend its inhabitants from the forces of nature - except for the Citadel of the College. The structure, rumored to have been built by the hands of elves and dwarves of the Founder's time, was certainly otherworldly. While nature shrieked and beat down upon its campus with her worst, the trees of the campus remained in the color of golds and reds of autumn, and the structure itself was made of red stone, garnet, and gold, and its main doors were made of a brilliant, golden-hued wood, carved with depictions of phoenixes.

Vouvrei Feyor-Vereldar, currently Ammon Lancastor, was writing leisurely upon a piece of lambskin with a long, black quill. He did not look up as Baric rapped upon the door and entered.

"You called for me, Master?" asked the larger man, his back straight.

"Yes," said Vouvrei, nonchalantly. "I will be requiring your attendance at a certain function three nights from now." He held out an envelope, seal facing down.

"As you please, Master," said Baric, taking the envelope. He frowned when he saw the broken seal, and the frown deepened when he saw what the function entailed.

"Master," he started, slowly. "I don't think - "

"I have mentioned the current state of the Empire's throne to you before, have I not?" asked Vouvrei, still not looking up from the piece of parchment. The letters he had written at the top were slowly beginning to glow.

"Yes," said Baric, his brow furrowing even deeper. "Do you suppose - "

"I can't abide by groundless conjecture, Baric," said Vouvrei, finally finishing and setting his quill down. The letters on the lambskin began to grow even more brightly, and Vouvrei placed a golden bracelet upon the glowing letters, which moved in towards the bracelet as it touched the lambskin, as if curious. The glowing letters then, as if agreeing with itself of the safety of the bracelet, jumped upon it, leaving the lambskin blackened and shriveled where the letters had been only moments before.

"No," said Vouvrei, picking up the bracelet gingerly and examining it in the glowing orb that was lit above his desk. "This has precedent - it is not the first time Selavice's throne has had no blood-heir. Unfortunately, attendance of one of ours seems to be mandatory, and it would not do to send anyone in my stead for such a momentous occasion save the steward himself."

"Wait," said Baric, re-reading the letter. "This message says that this meeting is to occur in three days in Selavice, Master."

"So it does," said Vouvrei, setting the bracelet down and picking up a book that had been bookmarked to the side of his desk.

"We are leagues away from Selavice," said Baric. "Even the fastest horse could not reach the capital in such short time."

However, Vouvrei was already deeply engrossed with his book, and merely pushed the bracelet towards Baric.

"Just take any old horse and aim towards the capital," he murmured as he flipped a page. "A road should appear before you. Do the same when you are returning, as well."

Baric sighed and picked up the bracelet, which seemed to widen itself as soon as it felt his touch. As he turned to head out, however, he heard Vouvrei close the book for a second. This was a strange occurrence, and he turned to face the master, who looked thoughtful.

"Baric..." he said, as if starting to say something, but changing his mind. Ammon's eyes looked into Baric's, and for a second Baric wondered if the Master was casting some spell upon him. However, Vouvrei merely shook his head and placed his hand back upon his book.

"Take your dagger," he said. "And trust no one there."

Baric nodded, and turned once again to leave, but as he was opening the door, he asked, "What should I tell them, if they inquire about your absence?"

"Whatever you feel is necessary. Now leave me to my studies," said Vouvrei, irritated.

"Then I shall tell them that the Master feels uncomfortable having a reunion with the Court Magister Nahila Killian after so many years," said Baric, finally leaving and shutting the door behind him. Just as the door closed, he felt the heat of magical fire burst upon it, followed by a curse.

=======

Baric sighed once more as he tried to adjust himself to a more comfortable position on the chair, and found that there seemed to be none. So, trying to distract himself, he instead turned his attention towards the other peoples, though he kept his eyes downcast and his face shadowed by the hood of his robe, as was perfunctory when in attendance of the nobles. He did not make a move to engage anyone in conversation, and nor did he want to draw attention to himself at all.

Postby TripleMoon » Sun Jun 06, 2010 6:21 am

Xerona Alderwin

Lady Xerona Alderwin of Serendipity raised an eyebrow at the mention of the throne being up for grabs. If she was related to the Emperor, wouldn't she be the heir? Had he completely forgot about her? Or had he thrown the chance oher being Empress away? Or did he assume she wasn't fit to rule because of P.O.M.O?

Either way, Xerona was glad- actually, quite relieved- that she wasn't the Empress currently. If the Steward Huxley had announced her the heir would be too sudden. Thank God I changed my last name, Xerona thought. Otherwise people would wonder. But still...

It would be nice if she didn't own just a city in Marestin and had to serve Knowles. Sighing, Xerona took a tiny sip of whiskey from her flask and coughed. She didn't like to drink anyway.
Last edited by TripleMoon on Sun Jun 06, 2010 1:22 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Meh. If I had a good avatar, this would be worth it.

Postby sam4books » Sun Jun 06, 2010 9:31 am

~Nayan Katz: Meeting~

There had always been a certain dislike for meetings in Nayan's mind, especially ones of the political sort. He looked around the room, there was much distrust here. He was beginning to wonder if it really was wise to place all of these people of power in one room, despite the nature of the meeting. They were all potential heirs of the throne, or so it seemed. But he wasn't as interested in power as he was in the divine law, unlike a lot of people here. He hardly did care about anyone else, most of the people he only kept an eye on because it was necessary, but there was one man in particular that caught his interest. The man with the turban. Nayan had heard of him many times before since the man was religious himself. Some of his teachings, if not most, he did not and could not agree with. In all honesty, Nayan didn't even know what the fool was doing here. He looked away from Ezekiel as the former preacher failed in his attempt to leave. No matter, Xegaul would destroy all false prophets.

Another thing had caught his interest, Ammon Lancastor was missing from the meeting, and in his place sat a rather tall man that contradicted Lancastor's rumored shortness. Did Lancastor have other matters to attend to that he could not attend a mandatory meeting? He narrowed his eyes, and looked away. Well, Feyor was a long way from Selavice, perhaps the guildmaster could not have braved such a long trip. Still, he wasn't really pulling off a good impression, sending a steward in his place. It was amusing, really.

Fate had it that the head of the Dimir was here as well. It was only fitting since his church had been acquainted with the guild of political advisers since they had their first taste of publicy. However, this meant that Nayan had to treat Szadek as a competitor instead of an ally, which was a shame since the Dimir had done a lot to help his church in their rise to power. Nayan simply gave Szadek a nod, before returning his attention to the emperor's steward, preferring to watch and listen than to outright say anything, yet.
Musicmac: "Sam4Books: Always ready to cheer things up with awesome art. Terms and Conditions apply."
In passing

Postby Ro Wong » Sun Jun 06, 2010 11:58 am

{Gabriel Faus, Trusted Heir By His Side}

The Duke of Actuss watched the preceedings accordingly. Some had already begun to leave, obviously showing their distaste for the political side of their offices. They were people built for direct actions. And in the case of Duke Akeme, Gabriel knew this fact firsthand. He had begun to pleasantly smile when the man had walked away. For some years, Faus had held off relinquishing aid. Merely wishing to reserve troops for the rare chance their borders would be heavily assaulted. But even the patient duke knew that times were changing.

Their great lord, Emperor Michael had become gravely ill.

Gabriel's daughter, Ekora Faus, stood diligently at her father's side. She was a fledgling disciple of his in this political game laden with subterfuge. In fact, she was the only person in the world he would ever consider for stepping up should he ever be gone. She stood at five feet and six inches in height. Her dark brown hair so deep that it was only proven brown when under the sun's glorious light. Her practice in the magical arts was evident, though. Streaks of scarlet red were thrown out at random upon her dark hair, clearly showing the effect of extended skill in the art for her age. Further proof was the fact that any of the others gathered would feel a tingling pull upon the air around Gabriel and his daughter that only better mages could perceive. She was keeping up a form of sensory field, endowing them both with some sort of benefit. Her firm and yet elegant stance showed that she was very skilled for her youth. Her slender frame did not waver nor shake the slightest from strain. Nor did her delicate, milky skin show any sweat or fatigue.

Ekora continued offering a sweet and demure smile, just as her father had taught her. Gabriel leaned over, gesturing her to come closer. He then whispered into her ear, "I do believe I have held this off long enough, don't you?" She smiled more and lightly giggled under her breath before straightening up, taking her stance once more. Gabriel then stood at the table, looking over all of his peers. "First, I must give my condolences to you, Steward Huxley," Gabriel turned his head, gazing upon Alexei. "I know that you have been deeply loyal to our Emperor. And I am sure his recent illness has likely been most harsh upon you, good sir... He has been a great man to look up to." Gabriel was keeping it sincere. He himself had often looked upon the sickly ruler to see what ways he could better rule his own people.

"And with his recent turn of health -- with the leadership of our people in question, this will likely strain things even further... To be sure, our most devout of followers would likely argue and bicker amongst themselves over who has most right. And there are likely greater disputes of our rule yet to come..." He closed his eyes a moment, his hands moving to rest together in front of his frame. His cascading sleeves rolled elegantly about his form. The bright violet and deep azure of the decorative garments mixed into an intricately stunning shine in the mild light of the room. "But, I believe we must set an example for our people... To show that we must be civil -- to show that I wish to even now strengthen bonds and mold greater relations with my allies, I will soon be sending aid to Duke Aron Akeme of Hildran..."

Gabriel opened his eyes, immediately gazing to the recently departed duke's steward. He gave the emmisary a nod, a friendly smile showcasing his masculine cheeks and jawline. "As your lord seems busy at present, would you later on tell him that Actuss will send out troops to help him further ensure our safety against the Scrin? They have taken enough from our people, as I'm sure he knows all too well. I wish to see our borders are safely secured while we deal with the dilemma of who will next rule..." Gabriel long, blonde hair swayed as his head turned. The parted, golden strands of silky bangs running down his chest like a river. The rest had been pulled back into a long braid for the meeting, hanging strong down to his waist.

Ekora continued to smile, keeping her expression as stable and firm as her own stance. In her mind she kept focus, ensuring her magic stayed strong and that she showed her family was powerful. She kept in mind what her father had once told her. "A sign of weakness, even to any would-be allies, gives others the chance to strike you down and further their own advancement." She closed her eyes a moment, breathing in deeply and strengthening her resolve even further. She then began to think over their actions while keeping up her steady aura.

He was right about Duke Akeme... Just as stubborn as always. But with father sending him help, that old warhorse will likely see us in better light. And his experience with battles will be very useful...
Last edited by Ro Wong on Mon Jun 07, 2010 10:15 am, edited 1 time in total.
Demon of Elru

Postby IamAlphaGeek » Sun Jun 06, 2010 5:58 pm

-Szadek-

Szadek stood amongst the milling aristocrats, his face blank and neutral. A nod came from the direction of Nayan, the church leader and a mighty pawn to be played. A tool that he was glad to use, for in truth, he didn’t care much for having the throne himself, as long as his power was over whomever did have it. “Circu, make sure to arrange a meeting with Nayan once your work is done.” he said to his second in command, a quiet, tact man whose true genius lay not in the political field, but in the field of mind and medical magic, actually earning the nickname, the Dimir Lobotomist for his ability to rip information from the minds of those too weak to know.(http://fav.me/dfrmiw) As he gazed around the room, he saw only pawns and knights, but nothing of true value, yet.

Silently, Szadek glided over to the Stewart of the falling king, “Steward Huxley, it is so sad to see our liege in such a poor disposition, as I am sure it disheartens you most of all, for you were, are, so close to him. If you need anything, please contact me.” The Lord of Secret’s gaze was sympathetic and sincere, though Circu, who had followed his master in swift step, was . . . slightly less emotional, unscrupulous and serious.

“My condolences, my Lord.” he added, his voice unwavering. “Sir, I believe we have other maters to attend to.” Circu continued, turning to his master.

Shooting a quick glare at Circu, Szadek answered “Ah, yes, of course. My apologies, Steward, but I believe I have promised my time elsewhere.” He gave a curt bow, mirrored by the slender form of his second in command, and turned to stride away.

Whilst maneuvering through the nobles Szadek stopped, turning to Circu, “Spot on my friend, pragmatic as every. A great contrast.”

“Of course, my lord. Well played on your part as well. If I didn’t know you better, I’d ‘ave believed you.”
He returned in a hushed tone.
'Samus. That's the only name you'll hear. Samus. It means the end and the death. Samus. I am Samus. Samus is all around you. Samus is the man beside you. Samus will gnaw upon your bones. Look out! Samus is here.' - Horus Rising by Dan Abnett

I can see clearly now the rain is gone! I can see all obsta-- *runs into a pole*

Postby Redsnow » Wed Jun 09, 2010 6:16 am

Baric watched the Duke Akeme's retreating form as he left with a few others - it seemed that many of the most powerful figures in the empire had little patience for the frivolities of nobility. Which included his Master. He had seen the displeased, or perhaps disappointed, look upon the Court Magister's face when she saw that the Archmagus of Vereldar had once again avoided a chance to meet her, and any others who noticed the Archmagus' absence had either seemed slightly amused or nonchalant. The Baron Haskur's attempt to follow the Court Magister's retreating form was not lost upon Baric, but he turned his attention towards the Duke of Actuss as the man spoke.

While the Faus was speaking, however, an aide entered the room, looking flustered, and made his way over to Baric and handed him a sealed envelope, sealed with the seal of the Order. The aide bent slightly to whisper into Baric's ear, but Baric waved the man away - he already knew how the letter had just appeared in a place where it was most likely to be found and delivered.

He opened the envelope as the leader of the Dimir left, and perused its contents rather quickly. A sigh escaped him as he finished, and he finally spoke up.

"My Master, Archmagus Ammon Lancastor, apologizes for being unable to appear before this meeting due to hazardous conditions of the roads leading from Feyor this time of year. He feels truly disappointed to have lost the chance to acquaint himself with those he has not yet met."

"He - uh," Baric broke off for a second as more writing appeared at the bottom of the letter. "He expresses that it is an honor that he, a lowly magician with only a chance bit of noble blood, be invited to be in attendance with such eminent and noble figures as our only his Majesty's Empire could produce."

"While the Order of Vereldar Magi cannot afford to send any more help to combat the Scrin," said Baric, now almost reading off the letter as writing continued to appear. "As any we believed ready for such a campaign we have already sent, we are concerned with the general welfare of the Empire."

"Also, if the Du - " Baric paused once more, setting the letter down, firmly, having read slightly ahead. "If the Duke and others may allow it, I would like to ask questions on my Master's behalf - starting with, how long will this...game last? More importantly, how much longer does the Emperor have to live? And, under what sort of criterion will his Majesty be making his decision?"

Postby counterfeitself » Thu Jun 10, 2010 12:29 am

Steward Huxley

"A most gracious gesture Lord Faus. And thank you Szadek. I shall pass on your sentiments."

Turning to Baric as he asked his questions he spoke again.

"All excellent questions. Regarding the Emperor's health, I have it upon good faith from our diviners that he has about 2 years to live. And I shall choose who I believe is best fit. Those that are prudent, understand politics and information gathering as well as those that have gained the trust of the people will be considered. If you aren't interested in the throne, you may also let me know at anytime and I will take this into consideration." He smiled again at the crowd of the Aristocracy.

The Steward of Hildran spoke up, "Milord, why have all these... less noble men been invited here to attend this meeting? I don't understand why such commoners would be welcome as Emperor."

Postby TripleMoon » Thu Jun 10, 2010 6:16 am

Xerona

WTF, Xerona thought. Less noble, did they call her? 'Twas nobility that had brought her here. Her father was the half-brother of the Emperor, and her mother's mother was the former Countess of Cerena, until they both up and died, leaving the Count position to a Church priest, whom she didn't think was fit to rule as Count of Cerena.

Then, then....Xerona was stolen of two positions of power, as she was the only heir of blood to be the Empress and a Countess. Fine, Uncle (She had never visited the Emperor before). If that's how you want to play, I'll play it your way.

Xerona thought of changing back her surname, but it was too late. So she stood up and asked, "Shan't we compose a song for the ill Emperor, to cheer him up?"

Clearing her throat, she sang:

Oh, good tidings shall befall you,
The heavenly grace around you,
Soon to be broken with your last breath.

Enjoy your days,
'Twas an honor to meet you.
Peace shall rest with you.

Postby Musicmac » Thu Jun 10, 2010 7:42 am

Jeevoul 'Jeeves' Trine - Manners

Among everyone in the meeting, Jeeves sat in his place with a calm expression on his face. As the others were dabbling with their own businesses, Jeeves was surveying everyone and taking in the remarkable events which had just happened. A glass of wine was in his hand and he drank it which pristine and cool composure while a lady, the Countess Xerona, sang a song to the Emperor. As he finished drinking, he stood up and looked at the woman. The man was wearing a fine suit of black and white with a red bow tie. On his hand was a black cane made of fine wood.

"I do think, madam", he paused before tapping his cane a few times, "That we should save those songs of yours for later. We shan't want ourselves to have such ugly thoughts that the Emperor now has no chance at living even if he only has a few days left, no?", he said it with a cool expression on his face before turning to face Steward Huxley.

"And of his question from the Steward of Hilldran, I find it extremely insulting to imply that we humble people of influence are of less capability as compared to the other nobles", he paused again, sighed and continued, "But, at the same time, I would like to know an answer as of why we have been given a chance as well for I must admit that although we are almost equal of power, I do not think that we would be given such a chance for the succession of the throne"
Listen.

Postby counterfeitself » Fri Jun 11, 2010 6:02 pm

Steward Huxley

"Well then, you are welcome to leave at any time. You have been invited because you are the brightest and most successful. Lady Aldrewin rules over a large city and has a nation wide organization, you preside over one of the most successful trade guilds in Selavice, Mrs. Smits rules over the other great guild, Archmage Ammon Lancaster rules over a powerful guild of mages and shows great prudence, High Priest Nayan Katz leads a growing religion and Lord Szadek's organization has been manipulating politics since before you were born young man. These are all reasons to consider you. All of you understand how to run an organization as well as many of you understand a side of being emperor that is important. Economics, political intrigue, controlling the masses, magical manipulation. All these and more can aide you as an emperor. That is why Michael chose those assembled here, for they understand these principles. This is your answer, Mr Trine."

Postby Musicmac » Sat Jun 12, 2010 10:00 pm

Jeevoul 'Jeeves' Trine - Agreement

Jeeves nodded as the Steward finished his answer. Things were much more clear to him now and he didn't have anymore questions. With another tap of his cane, Jeeves sat down and motioned a nearby waiter to refill his glass with some wine. From now on, it would be a priority to observe and collect information.
Listen.

Postby Redsnow » Wed Jun 16, 2010 9:16 pm

From the tower back in the Citadel where Vouvrei had been scrying his steward, he sighed and placed the scrying basin, filled with water that sparkled like shards of a crystal reflecting the midday sun, back onto his desk. He had seen and heard all that he needed to know from that meeting, and much of it he had known already - including the fact that the Duke Akeme was the worst kind of noble and was breeding a group of like-minded idiots in his war against the Scrin.

Baric would return when the meeting was over - Vouvrei did not much care for the rest, and finally began to draft orders for the Steward of Feyor College when the man returned. He had no intentions for the throne - perhaps he would announce this early? - but the continuity of the life he had lead for over 200 years was his first and foremost goal.

And for that, he knew that he had his path laid out for him.

Postby counterfeitself » Fri Jun 18, 2010 1:45 am

-Time Jump-

The masked man walked out onto the balcony of his castle. The seven prisoners, hung from their ankles blood draining from their bodies. One of them desperately swung attempting to catch some of the blood in his mouth. "THESE SPIES HAVE BEEN CAUGHT AND FOUND WANTING! THESE SCUM SHALL NEVER PUT AN END TO THE UNSPEAKABLE! I, EZEKIEL HASTUR, HIS PROPHET KNOW THAT HE SHALL GUIDE US TO THE TOP OF THIS COUNTRY! THIS IS OUR TIME! THE FALSE PROPHET NAYAN KATZ WILL PAY FOR HIS TREACHERY AS WILL THE OTHERS THAT SENT THESE SPIES! THE NON-BELIEVERS SHALL FIND THEMSELVES WANTING AS WE RULE THIS LAND!" A large cheer came from the crowd gathered. "I BESEECH YOU INHABITANTS OF CERENA, NOW IS A TIME TO JOIN TOGETHER, SUPPORT THE CHURCH OF THE UNSPEAKABLE, AND MAKE IT TO THE PROMISED LAND. SUPPORT THE BARON OF CERENA AND SUPPORT THE UNSPEAKABLE! OUR LORD SHALL SAVE ALL THOSE THAT AIDE ME IN THIS TIME OF NEED! NOW GO FORTH AND SPREAD THE WORD OF OUR LORD, THE UNSPEAKABLE!" As the last of the spies bled out, they were cut down and dragged away back into the prison. Ezekiel, turned around and headed back inside his castle.

Postby TripleMoon » Fri Jun 18, 2010 2:34 pm

Xerona- One Question is All I Have

Sitting back down from her little hymn, Xerona replied to Jeeves' comment: "Yes, but mustn't ugly thoughts be kept, just in case, so that we can have a firm grip on reality?"

Xerona had multiple questions to ask the Steward, but thought it best not to ask. After all, she had to think back on the three suspicious men in her organization. Of course, one of them was of almost no importance to her, and maybe he would be let go from execution. But no, every spy took his job, aware of risks. And risks are exactly what I will give them, thought Xerona.

Maybe I should make some alliances, she decided.After all, these spies' organizations will be very angry.

Turning to the person next to her, she stated, "I believe we play this like chess, don't you think?"

Postby counterfeitself » Sat Jun 19, 2010 4:42 pm

Alexei Huxley - Meeting

"Now it would appear we are all upon the same page. If you have any further questions, you may seek me out in person, or ask Nihila. Now, good luck." With that, the Steward turned and left the chamber leaving it abruptly much like Nihila had done previously. He smirked a bit, Michael always has such interesting games to play with them. Even dying he hasn't lost his touch. Walking past the same guards Nihila had walked past, he entered into the palace.

Inside the Hall, the main doors opened allowing those inside to exit freely. The Count of Marestin rose with his retinue of Advisors and exited with his wife on his arm. The Remainder of Duke Akeme's men left swiftly as well. The turban wearing Baron walked past Nayan Katz group before leaving, making a rude hand gesture to the high Priests face. Countess Jessica remained seated as she spoke to one of her advisors, a young lady and the Baroness of Ertywa remained seated, looking out at the crowd at the gathered men.

Postby IamAlphaGeek » Sat Jun 19, 2010 5:34 pm

[]Within the confines of Szadek’s personal sanctum.[]

Szadek sat back in a luxurious throne-like arm chair, staring contemplatively at a strange mirror hanging opposite him on a wall. The mirror depicted the grizzly scene from the zealot Ezekiel’s castle. ‘Worthless worms. Now I must deal with someone that I can’t help suspect is merely as mortal as myself. I suppose I have under-estimated you preacher, perhaps a change of strategy is in order.’

A wretched shriek of pain issued from a steel bolted door with a tinted window placed at eye level. Unflinching, Szadek arose, striding to the door and effortlessly sweeping it aside. “Circu, I need you to engineer a masterpiece for me.”

Giving a slight laugh, he left the side of his wide eyed specimen, blood dripping gently from her ears, pattering on the cold, stone floor, a strange burn mark on her forehead in the shape of the Dimir signet. “And what would you require today, my lord?”

“A zealot.”
'Samus. That's the only name you'll hear. Samus. It means the end and the death. Samus. I am Samus. Samus is all around you. Samus is the man beside you. Samus will gnaw upon your bones. Look out! Samus is here.' - Horus Rising by Dan Abnett

I can see clearly now the rain is gone! I can see all obsta-- *runs into a pole*

Postby Ro Wong » Mon Jun 21, 2010 10:36 am

{Meeting}

Gabriel sat patiently after he had said his peace. He had hoped to inspire a bit of motivation. But too many were caught up in their own agenda to care about the meeting at all. "... Heh..." Faus just kept smiling sweetly, watching the proceedings with greater interest. Once Huxley announced the meeting adjourned, Gabriel remained seated for a time to watch how the others would react. Then he noticed two of the others remaining. One was just busy discussing details with her subordinates. But the one who caught his attention most was the Baroness of Ertywa.

The tall, masculine and elegant duke slowly began to rise. He then sweeped an arm down under his abdomen, bowing a bit to them both. "Good day, ladies... May we next meet under pleasant circumstances..." His words carried off as he gave Lily a lingering gaze. The slight glint to his eyes had a hint of ... "I will be in touch if ever my presence is needed." ... A playful idea was evident should Lily have paid attention to the expression within his eyes when coupled with his sweetened smile. An expression that was less sweet and more based on rough, wild inclinations.

Gabriel strolled calmly from the room, Ekora following behind in her loyal obedience. As they stepped out of the room, she let slip a slight giggle, her sly smirk hidden by her father's powerful form. Her mind abound with stray thoughts and freshly born images.

{Within Krimlo, Much Later On}

Gabriel stepped out of his chambers, dressed in a sleeveless coat, dark violet and hanging down to his calves. The garment rested atop a white, silk shirt with opened cuffs, thick around the wrists to elegantly dance around the duke's powerful arms. Black trousers tucked into a pair of brown boots, buckled up his shins to stop just two inches below the knees. It was his common style for casual days of performing the regular tasks. There was never a need to impress nor boast the attire he could afford. And he enjoyed the loose comfort the clothes provided.

Ekora walked up to his right side after coming from her own chambers. She blinked and looked around a moment, seeing no one was watching. She then stepped forward and lifted her arms, wrapping them around Gabriel's waist and hugging him sweetly. The man paused at her sudden affection, then smiled, stroking her dark hair. She then let him go, returning to her cool and strong demeanor. Gabriel chuckled at her for a moment, garnering a firm scowl from his daughter. And a slight blush. "Heheh... Still acting big and tough for others, I see." He tucked a red handkerchief out from his pockets while leaning down. He kissed her forehead, decorating his left breast pocket with the red cloth.

"Fatherrrr...." She whined a bit, trying to look at Gabriel with a serious and frustrated expression. Which only made her puff her cheeks out a bit while glaring. Gabriel started to laugh, reaching out to hug his daughter. Her expression became somewhat startled for a moment before she smiled and held onto him. They soon stepped back and began walking, fixing their usual attitudes and expressions for the sake of appearances.

Gabriel stopped as they passed one man. The duke looked down to him, smiling. "I have a feeling I may be having some guests very soon... I would like you to tell the cooks as much. And to prepare the...'royal treatment' if you could." The man bowed and stepped away, giving a stern Yes, Sir! before running off to his duties.
Demon of Elru

Postby counterfeitself » Sun Jun 27, 2010 5:01 pm

Krimlo

A small dark carriage pulled by two dark horses wound it's way through the streets of Krimlo slowly but steadily making it's way to the castle at the top of the hill over looking the rest of the city. It's inhabitants shifted through various papers as they approached. Pulling up to Duke Faus's estate, the driver produced a piece of paper. As a guard waved it through, one of the inhabitants inside smirked. Everything was going well. Pulling up to the entrance to the great hall, the driver stepped off as the horses stopped. Walking over and opening the door, an average looking man stepped out, followed by a tall, dark haired beauty. Baroness Lily Dresk strode forward to the door of the manor and was admitted into a waiting room to await Duke Faus.

Postby Ro Wong » Mon Jun 28, 2010 11:38 am

{Krimlo}

The eastern doors slowly swung open into the room. The room was large by most standards, with cushoined furniture centered around a single table that came up near the knees. Mainly a room for practical and casual discussion. The size of the furniture lended the air that the room was cozy despite its size and space. Four windows marred the western wall, letting in a soft glow from the shimmering sun. A banner was hung over the doorway of both entrances to the room. Draping horizontally with a hunter green base, gold trims at the corners stretched between one another to form golden borders. In the center was the design of a wolf's head constructed from tribal lining that overlapped a single, large "F".

As the doors came to a stop, two figures stepped forward to enter the room before the doors were again closed. The man, tall and muscular, his golden hair cascading down his form like an elegant wave of light. At his side and just behind him, as always, was a young woman with dark hair lined with streaks of odder, brighter colors. The duke turned his attention immediately to the lovely young baroness seated within his vision. He was dressed in his casual robes once again, a red handkerchief tucked into his left breast pocket. He had been doing it so much of late that he had grown accustomed to the small cloth. The young woman strolled forward and stood silently by the side of a single chair.

Gabriel soon walked over to the same chair, offering a gentle and friendly smile to the dark haired lady before him. "Ah, Baroness Dresk... As always, it is a pleasure." He sat back and crossed his hands together over his lap, his bright red eyes watching Lily closely. Though the true purpose of it would remain unclear. "I would proceed to compliment your beauty, but you must have travelled quite a distance today. I could send for something to eat, if you would like." He tilted his head a bit, his long hair rolling down his right side, draping over his chest and upper abdomen while the hair on the left side was tucked back and over his ear.
Demon of Elru

Postby Musicmac » Tue Jun 29, 2010 4:30 am

Jeevoul 'Jeeves' Trine - Special Friend

"Yes, yes, I understand that, Zimeelis", Jeeves was sitting in a large and comfortable room. The place had red velvet sofas lined on both side of the walls and in the middle was his oak table. Large windows let sunlight pour in from his back, making Jeeves resemble some holy being. A large and obviously expensive carpet spread all across the room and the walls had the pattern of flowers on it. Jeeves was sitting behind his desk and flipped through some important looking documents as he talked through the phone.

"Jeeves, you puny fool! How could you even let such a petty task get in your way! I swear upon the obviously superior bloodline of my powerful and all-mighty ancestors that I will obliterate you with my might and YOU WILL REGRET LETTING THIS CHANCE GO SO FEAR ME!!!", the person speaking was none other than Zimeelis Irvadas, a so-called 'special friend' of Jeeves. So far, the only thing that seemed to be special about him was his vocal cords.

The grandmaster gave a sigh and rubbed his temples, of all the people he had met in his lifetime, Zimeelis was the fastest at testing his patience. "Now, now, Zimeelis, calm-", a slight static and crashing glass could be heard on the other side and Zimeelis suddenly yelled with evident rage at the man, "FOOOL, HOW DARE YOU, PUNY BEING OF INSUFFICIENT POWER, TELL ME TO CALM DOWN! AFTER SUCH AN UNFORGIVABLE ACT, I SWEAR UPON MY MIGHTINESS IT THAT YOU WILL REGRET THIS! SUCH IS THE MIGHT OF ZIII-".

Jeeves gave a rough cough and Zimeelis stopped suddenly, knowing perfectly well of what Jeeves was about to discuss.

"How about an offer then? Three GIR models, brand new too and you can continue with your experiments". Zimeelis stopped talking on the phone and the sounds of bubbling liquid could be heard by Jeeves.

"Alright", Zimeelis finally said.

"Good, I'll have them delivered immediately and I do hope you'll give me what I want", Jeeves was slightly smiling with satisfaction.

Suddenly, Zimeelis seemed to return to his senses and yelled again, "FOO-", Jeeves swiftly put a finger on the receiver button, ending the call and sparing his eardrums of any further danage from the Invardas.
Listen.

Postby TripleMoon » Tue Jun 29, 2010 5:28 am

Xerona- P.O.M.O Meeting

Back at her manor, Xerona declared a P.O.M.O assembly of the top-ranking members of the organization. "Fellow magical organism activists," she started, "I have exciting news." They stirred, and indeed they were anxious to hear.

"You all know of the dying Emperor?" A few gasps, but most nodded and looked down. "Well, the throne is up for grabs. And if I, Xerona Alderwin, Lady Of Serendipity, among many others, manage to win the throne, I shall become Empress and become able to put up any law and ban a law." Several "WHOOS" could be heard from one of them.
Some clapped.

"And as Empress of the Empire," Xerona continued, "I will ban misuse of magical organisms FOREVER FOR THE REST OF MY LIFE." The clapping grew louder. "As for those animals who have to die for the good of society, I shall put up laws that limit how they can kill them, so they can die as painless as possible."

Everyone stood up and clapped up a storm. Many "XERONA!" were shouted, and soon the whole assembly shouted, "XERONA, XERONA, XERONA!"

Xerona smiled and waved.

Postby counterfeitself » Thu Jul 01, 2010 4:31 pm

Lies and Slander

Lies and slander have been spread across Selavice. Rumours of Liliana Smits consorting with the Scrin, Gabriel Faus hiding a demon in his dungeon, Jeeves making trade agreements without Palace permission, Xerona supporting the freeing of Demons, Archmagus Ammon Lancaster's school a cover for his own personal army, Nayan Katz a false prophet, Szadek's agency a cover for a spy agency, Ezekiel a religious nut bent upon the destruction of the country, Derrick Knowles a traitor to Selavice, Jessica Godwin unfit to rule and Lily Dresk in league with Faus and keeping demons as well.

Postby sam4books » Sat Jul 03, 2010 2:39 pm

~Nayan Katz~

The more complex this political game became, the more Katz suspected that Ezekiel was challenging him directly. There were plenty of reasons for this suspicion of his. For one thing, after the meeting he flashed him a rather rude hand gesture. An insult of there ever was one. It wasn't hard to figure out, his main rival in this little game would be none other than Ezekiel himself. Whoever wins would be a mystery, but the High Priest of Xegaul would not stop until he saw Ezekiel defeated. He knew that he would need all the help he could get. For who would listen to a simple church unless they had some facts to stand on? It was a sad state in which the world was in, but making false claims would get one no where.

Speaking of false claims, Nayan was shocked at the amount of claims Ezekiel was making in front of the public. Lately he publicized the capture of his spies and had even sentenced them to death. He knew he should've sent more men out. And to make things worse, he openly called him a false prophet, in public. You could understand how furious Nayan was with Ezekiel at this point...

==========================================================
"Brothers and sisters of the church."

The Temple of the Holy Eye was filled with more people than usual. They all seemed to be dressed for some sort of occasion, and in the front-most part of the sanctuary stood Nayan in his traditional garb. He had just heard of Ezekiel's act, and had gathered most of his followers in the town in order to address them.

"You have heard tales of me secretly being a false prophet. But I assure you, this is far from the truth. When have I ever tried to deceive you, for have I once been deceived myself, and are you not the only family I have left? And why would I deceive this country, when it has done so much for us? For once we were a stranger in a strange land, and it has taken us into its arms despite of this. My only wish is to give back. And by doing that I need all of you're help. Some of our brethren have died today. Let us not allow their deaths to be in vain!"

There was a couple of cheers from the pews.

"We will continue to do as we have always done, which is to give back to the country where we have made our home. And I pray that one day our actions will unite this divided land, and give hope to those who suffer from poverty. Because those people do exist, and it is our duty as the chosen of the Holy Eye himself to care for these people. Because every action makes a difference, and every friendship leads to miracles. Let us not dabble on the negative, but instead take this opportunity to come together and spread the word of Xegaul through our charity. In the Name of the Holy Eye-"

"LET IT BE SO!"

===========================================================

Oh believe me, he was furious. But he did not dare show that too openly, for he knew that it would only stroke Ezekiels ego. He did not want to let that fool know that he had taken the best of him. He had heard the lies and slander that was going around Selavice. And he would like to think that Ezekiel was behind all of this, but he had a feeling others were involved in it as well. Needless to say, it bothered him. The priest thought about the game of politics as he walked down the streets of Cosmin, dressed in rather heavy clothing that day.

He was on his way to the Sign of God Inn to meet with someone who had the same dislike for Ezekiel as he. And you know what they say, "An enemy of my enemy is a friend of mine". It was nice to know that there were people who agreed with you, it made it easier to get rid of competition. As he walked down the streets he ran into the regulars of his church who bowed out of general religious respect and said their praises. Then they went on their way with their children to wherever they may have been going. Nayan always walked the streets with the poor and the like, it was a very common sight. He may have had equal ground with some of the blue bloods of the country, but he still had the solitude attitude in him, the one of a monk.

He walked inside the inn of question and greeted the innkeeper, who ceased wiping off the counter to great him in return. "Your Holiness" he exclaimed, "What are you doing here?" "I'm here to meet up with a Liliana Smits. I understand that you are keeping her here." he said. "Of course! Just let me get her for you." with that, the innkeeper left to go fetch the guildmaster, leaving Nayan to wait.
Musicmac: "Sam4Books: Always ready to cheer things up with awesome art. Terms and Conditions apply."
In passing

Postby counterfeitself » Fri Jul 09, 2010 12:35 am

Lily Dresk - Krimlo

The smile on her face widened as she saw Lord Faus approach with his daughter. "No thank you, Gabriel. Oh I'm sorry, Duke Faus, may I call you that?" She flirted a bit, then continued before you could answer, "Enough of the frivolities, let us get down to business, yes?" She made an alluring gesture, and with it she spoke in a commanding voice with a slight tint of magic, "But perhaps we should head to somewhere a bit more private. What I had in mind is not meant for all these prying eyes."

Faus's assistant caught his arm as Lily spoke this. "Be warned, father. There is magic in her voice," she whispered. "This one is dangerous, I can see it in her eyes. Be careful." She cast a quick spell to counteract the spell of the young baroness as she spoke. It had been a slight suggestion spell, but either way she would not have Faus be manipulated by this woman.

Lily looked on slightly anxious as though the eyes of the servants were prying into her soul. Speaking up she asked, "Well, Shall we head to a more private area, or shall we do it here?"

Liliana Smits -

A knock resounded through the large suite. Rising, Liliana's secretary walked to the door. "Yes?" she called out to the visitor. "Yes, he is expected. Please bring him up." Turning she called out inside the suite, "Mrs Smits, High Priest Katz has arrived." "Ah, thank you Amy. I'll be right out."

Coming out of a bedroom, Liliana took a seat on one of the plush couches set up in the room. She wore a skirt suit. Always the workaholic, she looked over a set of plans when another knock sounded at the door. The secretary opened it, "High Priest Katz, it is good to see you. Please come this way. Yes she is just through here."

Putting away the papers she had been looking at she rose and extended a hand to the High Priest. "High Priest, it is good to see you. May the Holy Eye look upon you."

Next

Return to Role Playing