RolePlay - Idea Board

As the title suggests, feel free to RP it up.

Moderators: Mod Squad, RP Mod Squad

Re: RolePlay - Idea Board

Postby BG07 » Tue Jun 15, 2010 2:07 pm

MQuinny1234 wrote:
Also, do another PPGDRP one someone.

I'd actually be interested in joining something like that

Postby Nelo Angelo » Tue Jun 15, 2010 4:25 pm

Excellent. I'll post the ooc as soon as possible.

You think your evil? You want to see real evil? Then allow me to educate you...

Postby TripleMoon » Tue Jun 15, 2010 5:36 pm

PPGDRP sounds incredibly awesome.

And, is it just me, or did this thread just explode with posts since Nelo's RP?
Meh. If I had a good avatar, this would be worth it.

Postby Doctress Who » Wed Jun 16, 2010 6:02 am

It did indeed.
I've decided to put forward a second RP. Very different to my Doctor Who one…this one’s gothic and dark, and it haz magic :3 Anyone interested?

Final Destination: Victorian Underworld

(Note beforehand: This is in no way related to the ‘final destination’ movies. There are a few, very subtle similarities, but nothing intentional.)

What if you knew you were going to die today?

It’s the present day. You have had a premonition, one that you can’t describe or explain. But you know that today is your last day alive.

But then a strange figure appears, a mysterious gentleman dressed in Victorian clothing, and a top hat that conceals his face in shadow. “Take my hand,” he says. “Take my hand, and I’ll give you a chance to do anything you want. Forestall your fate, become who you want to be, potentially live a life how you see fit. A world of your making, where you can make a new life for yourself. A second chance to escape death.”

“But there is a catch. A price you must pay in return. One. You play by my rules. You break them, you lose. Two, you die in this new world I give you, and you also lose. Three. You forget your life here. As payment, I take away your memories of this life and replace them with new ones. You will be none the wiser, although I’ll let you suffer with the knowledge that something has been taken from you. And you will remember me too, although the details may be a little…hard to recall. Four. I will allocate you a starting point. You will have little say in the matter, although just like any life, you have the opportunity to change things to the way you see fit. You could end up with all you desire…if you play well.”

“And five. If you win, I’ll release you from my rules. You can return to this life free from death, or you can live out your life in my world, exempt from my rules, free to do as you choose. You can claim all your true memories back too, if you wish. Or if you have another proposal, I shall only be too willing to listen.”

“But until that moment, my conditions still stand. Now, do you accept my offer?”

You might be confused. What does he mean ‘play by his rules’? What does he mean by ‘lose’ and ‘win’? There are so many questions you want to ask, and yet before you can say anything, the stranger holds out his hand. And for whatever reason, you are compelled to take it.

Immediately the world around you has changed. You find yourself in Myriat, a Victorian dystopia of magic, criminals, and intrigue. Killers, both human and non-human stalk the night, and chilling tales become reality. Here, you have a new purpose in life. But what will you do with this new-found life? As far as you’re concerned, you’ve lived this way throughout your whole life. You were born here. Maybe you have a family here, a job, friends, allies, enemies? And yet…you can’t help but feel something is missing…something important…
And that stranger. You remember him, but not everything that was said. What does it all mean?

Now it’s time to decide. What will you do? Will you try and survive/rule this underworld and ‘play the game’, as the stranger has chosen for you? Will you try and change this new world, make it a better place, or make it to suit yourself, and do what you want? Will you try and find the answers; the answers to why you’re really here…and the price you have paid?

Life and death has never been so challenging. Will you make the right choice? Will you reach your final destination…or can you cheat death one final time….?

The Stranger’s world (Myriat)

The world you find yourself in is called ‘Myriat’. A world where technology has gone backwards instead of forwards. In fact it’s as if time itself has fallen backwards. People here live a life without technology…but also without limits. The supernatural and the mysterious is common place here. So too is the disease, the horse and carts, the rats, the cobbled streets, top hats and corsets. Think Dickens, think Sweeny Todd, Jack the Ripper – and then add the paranormal, the magic, the mythical. This is the world of Myriat. A world of rogues, thieves and gentleman, of upper-class ladies, aristocrats and orphans, of princes and paupers, of magic and mayhem. Humans, demons, elves, and other strange and magical beings live side by side. Laws are strict, and yet many have no guilt or shame in breaking them. The people run riot under the very noses of their governments – both the rich and the poor. In fact in a world so untamed, it’s a wonder the whole planet hasn’t descended into hell.

To get a ‘feel’ for what the Victorian world ‘Myriat’ is like, have a look at the setting for this video, which heavily inspired this portion of the RP. (And then add magic).

Although the world has a very Victorian-feel to it, it is not entirely historically correct. Magic is abundant for one, but there are other things, that perhaps ‘don’t belong’. (However this is at the GM’s discretion). But technology is a very rare thing to be seen in Myriat, with most things stemming from magic.
Having said that, there has been an Industrial revolution in Myriat, and clockwork, kinetic-powered, steam-powered and gas-powered devices and contraptions are fairly common, as well as magic-powered devices.

The Stranger’s world: The Set Up
(The story within the story)

It’s the late 19th century in Myriat. One of their greatest and most renowned Cities, Merchurdon, has been fought over for centuries. Legends say it is a city of great power, and that whoever rules Merchurdon, rules the world. There are so many secrets and myths about the city, that it is no wonder it attracts so much attention. Some say there is another city, hidden beneath Merchurdon, one which is said to contain ‘a hidden knowledge’, ‘a great power beyond any other’, or ‘a hope’ of some kind. However, quests to find this lost city have always been in vain. Nowadays it is simply the thing of fairytales. A lost legend that many have either forgotten, or no longer believe in.

The city recently has been taken over by a group of people, who call themselves ‘The Imperium’, a force of corrupt magic beings of various races. They want to make their mark on the world, and through Merchurdon build enough power to take control of the whole of Myriat. Their rule is a cruel and twisted one, one in which The Imperium can do anything they please and get away with it. They will stamp out anyone who dares to challenge their rule. However criminals they care not for, as long as they don’t get in the way. In fact some criminals have even formed an alliance with The Imperium. As a result, Merchurdon is a city full of criminals. Of course, there are those who oppose to this dictatorship…no resistance has been formed as yet, but there are many who despise the chaos these new leaders have put upon Merchurdon.

What will you do? Will you fight against the Imperium, either by yourself, or try to form a rebellion? Will you simply just try to survive the dark world you are in? Will you rise above it? Will you try to take Merchurdon for your own, and try to create a utopia, or just add to the dystopian society with your own selfish rule? Or will you take sides with the Imperium? Good or evil? Will you do things for justice, or to suit your own needs? Or are you a part of the Imperium in the first place, trying to crush all resistance?

This is your world, now. How will you change it/survive it?

And is there something deeper, waiting for you in the dark? A terrible secret, hidden from you…will you try to uncover the truth?

About the RP

This RP combines a Dickens-themed dystopia with magic, myth, death and mystery. An intriguing combination?

This is a resistance-type RP with one force fighting against another mixed with the whole ‘another chance at life/escaping your final moment’ adventure…but with an extra added dimension to it. In affect, you will be playing a character who is playing a character (but who isn’t fully aware of this fact). An extra twist on things that is sure to get interesting…

The RP (in terms of the Stranger’s world and what happens there) will be mainly player-driven, although I’ll be adding a few things of my own to the mix, particularly if you get lost or stuck.

There is loose plot to follow, but being a player-driven story, it is pretty much up to you. What you do will have a significant impact on what happens. This will focus on character interaction/development more than the plot, but the plot will still be an important factor. If you have any ideas for story arcs, either involving the whole RP or individual characters, I’ll be more than happy to add them in/allow you to follow them through.

Within the Stranger’s world, you can play as a hero or a villain (or as something in-between). Although bear in mind, you’ll also be faced with a greater power, and you will also be facing yourself. This RP will explore ‘what you are in the dark’ in a manner of speaking, and there will be tests that your character faces (I’ll be looking for an interesting History, which could be brought into the RP).

Evidently there will be rules to follow (although I’ll add these if this RP gets voted in). No god-modding or being overpowered, goes without saying.

CS
You are allowed to play up to two characters, if you wish to.

Name:
Age: Any age is allowed, but use your common sense here.
Race: Anything you like, but I want a good description of it, and any natural abilities such a race might come with. Nothing over-powered, and no immortality. No robots or cyber-people, unless you are run on clockwork/steam-power or something, and can justify it. Part-something and part-human is allowed, but be sensible.
Appearance: What do you look like? Be as creative as you like.
In terms of clothing, I would prefer it to be Victorian-themed clothing and/or fantasy themed (your classic robes/cloaks etc are allowed), but if you are really lacking in inspiration/knowledge, I’ll accept something different.
Aims: What are you aims? Are you an Imperium, against the Imperium, or neutral? Are you fighting, ruling, or merely surviving?
Alignment: If you had to be placed in alignment (although this is not set in stone, and can change throughout the course of the RP), where on the spectrum would you stand? Good, Neutral or Evil? Lawful, Neutral or Chaotic?
Occupation/Status: Do you have a specific job in Myriat, or role? Social class? Are you a Lady/Gentleman? A soldier? A thief? An orphan? A servant/slave? A shopkeeper? A murderer? A cabby? The list is endless.
Personality:
Weapons/equipment: If any. Please be specific, if you can. Remember, this is the 19th century, so nothing too modern/futuristic, although I might be lenient with ‘modern’ weapons/equipment. But strictly no advanced technology or futuristic gadgets. Magical artefacts/objects however are allowed (please look at ‘powers/magic’).
Powers/magic: What natural powers do you have? No more than one or two powers, please. You are allowed to be powerful if you can justify it (and/or prove you have a suitable weakness to this ‘great’ power), but nothing too powerful. Even the Imperium won’t have god-like powers.
Please also include here any magical artefacts you might have (which are an extra to your natural powers). No more than two, please. Again, nothing too powerful, and please explain in detail what your ‘artefacts’ do, if you have any.
History: Your supposed ‘past’ here in Myriat. Remember, as far as you are concerned, you’ve lived your whole life here. And it’s not just memories. It actually ‘happened’. Every memory the Stranger gave you, it’s like you’ve lived through all of it. (For example, if you are supposed to have any living ‘relatives’ or ‘friends’ in Myriat, they will exist there, as if they really are your relatives.) Your history is important, so try to put some detail and depth into it, if you can. The better your History, the more I’ve got to work on! :P
’Previous life’ History: What was your life like before you encountered ‘the Stranger’? What memories did you used to have, as a human here on modern day Earth, before they were taken away by the Stranger and replaced with your new life here on Myriat?
You are welcome to keep this secret (to start of with) if you want to, but PM me the details. Your history of your past life could become important later on…
Theme song: Just for fun.
Hiryu: Doc's bag is a portal. She's actually from another dimension and when she jumped into it, she ended up at a desk with a browser open on this site. That's how she found it.
We have a Doctor Who thread now. Doctor Who threads are cool.
Time Lady

Postby MQuinny1234 » Wed Jun 16, 2010 7:42 am

+1 Doc
Image=
-"I'm sophisticated, charming, suave, and debonair, Professor. But I have never claimed to be civilized."
Reluctant Nailbiter

Postby Leopardess » Wed Jun 16, 2010 1:18 pm

+1 to the Doctress ^.^
~~!!~~#@@____ Just because ^.^
Fenix13- For you Leo, anything.
counterfeitself- xD The famous Leo is here. Uh Oh.
Garethcool- I will allow you to enjoy your Holidays Leo.

Postby Mastermind001 » Wed Jun 16, 2010 1:29 pm

+1 to Doc.
"Fate smiles on the strange. So its a good thing, I'm the strangest of all." - William Livingstone, Cirque de la Nuit
More Robots

Postby Kougaiji+Sesshomaru » Wed Jun 16, 2010 2:46 pm

+1 for Doctress
Perhaps you are asking the wrong questions?

Location: Fancy myself a scientist during the day because I've no idea where I am

Postby sam4books » Wed Jun 16, 2010 2:51 pm

*reads the word "Victorian"*

*spazzes*

PLUS ONE TO DOCTRESS. MOST DEFINITELY!

*continues to spazz*

Doctress, you just made this sucky day full of awesome sauce :D
Musicmac: "Sam4Books: Always ready to cheer things up with awesome art. Terms and Conditions apply."
In passing

Postby Doctress Who » Wed Jun 16, 2010 3:02 pm

Wow. With five votes, guess I better go make the OOC...I wasn't expecting it to be voted in so quick.
Thanks for the votes, guys!

@Sam: hehe, glad I could brighten up your day :D
I just love the Victorian era. I knew if I made a second RP, it would have to be Victorian-themed.
Hiryu: Doc's bag is a portal. She's actually from another dimension and when she jumped into it, she ended up at a desk with a browser open on this site. That's how she found it.
Time Lady

Postby Hasegawa Rayven » Wed Jun 16, 2010 6:46 pm

Hrm...

I think another PPGDRP might actually bring me back to the fold.

I'd love a chance to get Rayven back out and play him some more. If that happens I should see If I can finagle Vehrec into coming back. It wouldn't be the same without his weird alien demonlord thing.
Syaoran and Sakura "Meant to be"

Postby Musicmac » Thu Jun 17, 2010 12:12 am

Doctress, I love you.
-Self-destructs out of excitement-
Listen.

Postby Blood Lord » Thu Jun 17, 2010 1:03 am

Thanks Doc. You picked the one video in all of You-Tube land that is blocked by my anti-virus.

Postby Musicmac » Thu Jun 17, 2010 1:19 am

Blood Lord wrote:Thanks Doc. You picked the one video in all of You-Tube land that is blocked by my anti-virus.

Let's not even begin with the fact that my country can't display it for me. :[
Listen.

Postby Doctress Who » Thu Jun 17, 2010 3:48 am

Urgh. This is why I hate Youtube. You're not missing much, though.

See if this link works any better...? Poorer video quality, but can't be helped.

(I know the song's a bit 'meh', but) I show this video, because the whole thing was filmed at a theme park/attraction called 'Dickens' World' - as a result the setting and atmosphere are extremely appropriate for the world I wanted to portray.
Time Lady

Postby MQuinny1234 » Thu Jun 17, 2010 10:13 am

Hasegawa Rayven wrote:I think another PPGDRP might actually bring me back to the fold.

I actually thing someone is trying a bleed RP themselves but I don't know if it's the same type of idea as you're thinking. I'ld be glad to help if you or someone else is making one.
Image=
-"I'm sophisticated, charming, suave, and debonair, Professor. But I have never claimed to be civilized."
Reluctant Nailbiter

Postby Blood Lord » Thu Jun 17, 2010 10:17 am

Well then, here is my first RP. Its a reboot/continuation of the Forever Endless RP.

I apologize for the length, I kinda got carried away.

The Eternal Waltz

Table of Contents
History
Races
Fractions
Locations
Tech
Character Sheet

History:

Humans are no strangers to war. Ever since our evolution, we have fought each other for food, land money, resources, and power. As humanity continued to progress, new ways of killing each other were discovered, and like overjoyed children we used them without hesitation. Our fighting, our bickering destroyed the very earth we sought to control and protect. The mentality of “all or nothing” set in during the 21st century, and nearly destroyed the planet by 2168. The remnants of humanity struggled to survive in the wastelands they created, until they arrived.

They came to Earth in 2182. These visitors were known as the Notitians, and from what they told us this wasn’t their first visit. The Notitians helped humanity regain their knowledge and push it further and faster than before. The human natural reactions, emotions, and instincts were suppressed in this time. There was no war, no suffering, no greed and fear. Just unite and the thirst for knowledge. The Notitians taught us everything they had to offer; sciences, space travel, technology, it was all there. This teaching lasted for a century. For us, the relationship was a master-student understanding, but the Notitians… we still don’t know why they decided to help. Was it pity, or their mission to improve life, were we their heirs, or some experiment that would be abandoned as soon as something went wrong?

Despite the kindness that the Notitians showed, we became suspicious of our new masters; hesitant to communicate with them. The Notitians detected this change in human behavior, and desperately did not want to annihilate the creatures they cared for. So the Notitians slowly withdrew from the planet, not wanting to fight against us. But humanity, suspicious and frightened jumped and opened fire on the Core-ships of their Masters. Humanity reverted back to their original mindsets and laid waste to the Notitian fleets, blaming them for it coming down to this. The Notitians, usually a peaceful race, couldn’t stand against the human-reversed technology. They were all destroyed, and no Notitians have been sighted since.

At some point, humanity turned away from their grief and looked to the stars. They now had the technology to travel into space and settle into the worlds beyond. The human urged to destroy and conquer had found an outlet into the vastness of space. With great boldness, the first of these super-arks were created and stocked. Humanity from that point on took upon the names of their fallen teachers, the Notitians, and left Earth.

Hundreds of years passed and humanity, the Notitians had surpassed their master’s technology. They could bring life to dead worlds, resurrect stars, close black holes, and bring the dead back to life through something they came to call the Void. Development had been great, prosperose, and rich.

But humans always had an interesting way of damning their own progress.

Greed, pride, glory, and selfishness corrupted the human Notitians. Conquest had suppressed these emotions, or funneled them away. Many of the life sustaining planets that the humans captured had sentient life among them, and fought against humanity for their planet. Such an action was always in vain, but always kept humanity from turning on itself. On every planet they built structures to be remembered by, and asserted their domination. The same structure wasn’t placed on every world, but. With every defeated foe and newly gained world, the humans became more and more prideful of their achievements. At some point, internal fighting dissolved them and thus fragmented their glory Empire they created. This war lasted over a hundred years, and was known as the Shattering Wars. The Shattering Wars cost the Notitians everything they worked to create. All the technological advancements were reset; some planets suffered a loss that set them clear to the Bronze Age. Planets were lost, entire civilizations disappeared from the star charts, libraries full of valuable knowledge just disappeared. It could be compaired to

From the ruins of the Shattering Wars emerged the De’larin Empire. These humans were fare better off than their brothers and sisters who were lost among the stars. Some knowledge still remained with them, but it would take centuries for them to gain the ability to perform planetary jumps. They were determined to restore themselves to glory, but this time counter measures would be established to prevent greed from destroying them again. This conquest started one thousand years after the Shattering Wars, and was known as the Age of Renewal. Only a few planets were conquered at this time due to the slow advancement of space travel. The age lasted 200 years until the development of faster space travel. From there on came the Ages of Reconstruction, Evolution, Reconciliation, and the current age; Reclamation. (Look at the De’larin Empire Faction for a deep explanation of these ages.)

130 years into the Age of Reclamation, or the year 2089 ASW (After the Shattering Wars), The De’larin Empire invaded the world of Exalia. The invasion was swift, brutal, and had no warning. Imperial drop ships descended from the skies and landed right into the major cities and military installations. The war raged on only for a few months before the Exalian Union signed an official declaration of unconditional surrender to the Empire (130.4), in the capital city of Gia Panta. The Empire allowed much of what was left of the Exalian Union to remain as a puppet government; basically, to keep the local population happy. During this time, there was also the construction of six enormous “reactor” complexes. The official story is that the complexes were created for the reason to provide energy to the planet, mine for resources and do tests.

An attempt to push the empire back arose in the second year of the occupation (132 Age of Reclamation, or 2091). This rebellion, the Protectorates, was mainly composed of the former Exalian Military, and was one of the more… difficult of rebellions to hold down. After the surrender of the Union, the Empire extended an offer to all of the former (and surviving) Exalian Military members. This offer contained a chance to train and join the Grims Corps, and since rank was very similar to the two groups, nothing was really lost. At first, the former military members where very hesitant to join an enemy that had not only captured their planet, but smoked the hell out of an resistance that the Union could muster. However, nearly all opposition fell when the High General Claudius Drusus, gave his support and urged his troops to join, for the sake of peace.

De’larins had trained and equipped them to match their own skills in battle, and saw the former Exalian Military members to be fellow brothers in arms. But, this was little more than a carefully hidden deception that almost cost the Imperials the planet. Once fully trained and accepted into the Grim Corps, they rebelled and tool many bases along the eastern sea and the Balrogia Mountain range, and declared themselves “The Protectorates”. Enraged, the Tarot council launched a quick and messy counter attack against the Protectorates. Imperial forces slammed into the Protectorate controlled base of Bel’havion, a critical supply line to the main base of Hammerfest in the north, the base that the traitorous High General was at. The two sides were evenly matched. The Grim Corps was fighting knock off copies of themselves who knew the surrounding area much better than they did. The two sides fought to a stalemate in the valley below, but the Protectorates eventually fell back to the base. The Imperial General Mac Tir at that time ordered his forces to charge the base. This ended in failure, and high casualties. The 45th Grim Division never recovered from such a lost, and the 23rd along with elements of the 106th Instrument Regiment were sent to reinforce the crippled division. During this time, the Protectorates forces were also ransacking the Imperial supply line. The Imperial General dismissed these raids on the supply lines as nothing more than an attempt to distract him from destroying Bel’havion. The General assaulted the days for three days with artillery fire before moving his troops in. They encountered no resistance. The Protectorates forces retreated in small groups, and were the ones responsible for the attacks against the supply lines. Mac Tir led his forces through the Balrogia Range, hunting and destroying as many of the Protectorates as he could find.

The Tarot Council was unhappy with the results that Mac Tir was providing. For six months, the Protectorates, and the Imperial forces fought along the range, and civilian casualties were high… sometimes higher than the deaths of both sides in some engagements. So the Tarots, bent on destroying the Protectorates, sent in an insurance policy, the 501st Division, lead by the Lord-Commander Vaco Malen Blood, and linked up with Mac Tir’s forces at the battle of the Brigadin Ford. The aftermath of the Brigadin Ford Battle had all Protectorate forces in full retreat to Hammerfest, and the Imperial forces were replaced under the command of Lord Vaco. The Imperial forces gained enough momentum with the addition of the elite shock troopers to drive the renegade clear back to Hammerfest, and laid siege for two weeks. Claudius Drusus found himself surrounded on all sides by the Strike Force, but he still believed that he was on the verge of victory. On the dawn of the fifteenth day of the siege, 501st shock troopers breached the base from the inside, distracting the Protectorates. The remaining Grim troops and Instruments managed to destroy a section in the wall and storm the base. The battle within the base was bloody, but ended with the capture and very public execution of the Rouge General in front of the Protectorates by Commander Vaco. The surviving rebels surrendered to the Lord-Commander, and several of them were executed on the spot. The remaining Protectorates were shipped off to work camps. There they created new weapons for the Grim Corps.

The Tarot Council was well pleased by the events of this rebellion. The Protectorates were reckless, and seen by the general population as more of a threat. To the civilians, the Protectorate War was seen more as the noble Empire putting down a dangerous insurrection. Although it was a positive thing for the empire, they still lost an enormous amount of troops. A full division was lost, another was critically damaged, and several irreplaceable Instruments were lost. In order to ensure that this never took again, a new series of laws were enacted known as “The Guardian Laws”. The first dealt with new recruits, who underwent deep psychological profiling and light Neurological enhancement to ensure a falsehood like the Protectorates never occurred again. The second law was to revoke and retire any of the former Exalia Union officers who could attempt this again. Peace reigned again for a few years.

The second major rebellion, simply known as the Talen, rose in the sixth year of the occupation. However, the exact time of the rise of the Talen is inaccurate due to the style of the rebellion. Unlike the Protectorates, who were military, waged an open war, and fought for freedom; this rebellion was notably more quite, non-military, composed mostly of Gatos, and was a reach for power. This led many to suspect that the Talen were created several years before the invasion as an attempt to over throw the Exalian Union due to the past transgressions waged against their kind in the centuries past. The theory continues to say that it was the unforeseen interruption of the Empire that caused the organization to shatter, and that it took several years to regain enough power to challenge for control.

In a similar fashion to the Protectorates, the Talen did launch a surprise capture of a few installations, such as High command, and the Capital buildings in Gia Panta. They held the city and several high ranking officials, including the Lord-Commander and much of the senior military staff, hostage for several days until a deal could be created. The Tarot Council grudgingly negotiated with them, since there was too much at stake to let Gia Panta get blown to hell. This was a disastrous embarrassment. The Gato force known as the Talen was able to take control away from the empire by a careful maneuvering of a few troops and political sabotage. They weren’t defeated by military numbers, or a battle, but by a bunch of silly cat people. In order to ensure that the Empire would hold to their agreement, the Talen also took with them all of the Instrument forces. They didn’t want the Empire gone; they just wanted to be in control. In victory, the Talen led their forces back to Pasarela to celebrate with the rest of the Gatos. It would be a foolish mistake.

In anger and in secret, the Tarot Council devised a plan not only to win back the control of the planet and the Imperial forces again, but to teach a strict lesson. For that, they summoned all of the High ranking military officers and created a plan that would be known as “The Purge”, for years to come. The plan was simple; Eradicate Pasarela. General Mac Tir was once again elected to direct this campaign in hopes that he might redeem himself for his failure with the Protectorates. The General reasoned that using normal Grim Corps troops and instruments would be a … “mistake”. He recommended that deploying the 501st would send a clearer message to the people of Exalia. There was some strong opposition to this idea in the war council, but the majority ruled otherwise. The Empire will have its vengeance, and its shock troopers would carry out that honor.

The Talen were throwing a weeklong celebration in Pasarela. Hundreds of Gatos and other guests from every corner of the world came to celebrate and honor the new capital. During this time, elements of the 501st were snuck into the city, ordered to wait for the signal on the fifth day, and plant bombs in the designated buildings. The rest of the Division would be flown in, or marched into the city from the north and the south. The signal was the release of a massive ball signaling the beginning of a new Gatoian lead age. Everyone present looked forward to the time were the Gatos would be the ones leading their planet into a new golden age. Not a single person suspected that their life was about to end. Once the ball dropped, the 501st cells popped up and began to massacre the city. It didn’t matter if the creature before them was male or female, young or old, sick or healthy, Gato or not Gato. Everything before them not in white battle armor was shot and killed. Some buildings where just locked up and lit on fire, burning their inhabitants to death.

The Purge last a little over six hours. Pasarela was little more than a graveyard, and Tarot Council was placed back into power. General Mac Tir was overjoyed in the results, he was back in good standings once again and his rival was seen as a murderer. The Tarot council issued a statement during the following hours, telling Exalia that they will not sit by while a group of individuals steals power for themselves without regard to the general citizens, individuals who threatened the general safety, and security of Exalia. Further action was taken in limiting their puppet government to only hold the branch of legislation, and any controls that the Senate could enact were broken.

The aftermath greatly benefited the Empire for a while; crime rates were considerably low, there were no protesting or further acts of rebelling for several months. Fear kept everyone in line for the time being.

This is where we are now. Four long years have passed since the Purge and the fall of the Talen, and ten years since the Invasion. A few minor insurrections rose up, but never posed a serious threat and were quickly eliminated. Just enough activity was present for the military to stay sharp. During the last four years, the Tarot Council has slowly tightened its grip on Exalia, removing more and more rights promised to the people. It was also discovered that the planet is dying from an unknown source. Many believe it has something to do with the reactors that have been constructed, but no hard evidence has come forth. With all of these pressures, the people of Exalia have had enough. A new rebellion issues its challenge to the Empire; the Indolentia. They fight to restore freedom, and save their dying world.

Races: Humans are the most numerous, followed by Gatos, Elves, Parnex, Undead and Demi-Gods.

Human: According to Imperial legends, humans came from a small backwater planet known as “Earth”. These humans eventually created the means for inter-galactic travel and thus began to colonize among the stars. Sometime after this, the development of quick terra-forming emerged. Terra-forming has been around since the development of warp travel (the planet Mars was one planet that the humans considered and attempted to colonize), but this method of terra-forming took hundreds of years to complete and was extremely inefficient. Quick terra-forming was the advanced process of “giving life” to worlds in a matter of years, instead of decades. This enhanced process could create a fully sustainable world through artificial means within ten to twenty years, depending on the condition of the planet. This society eventually named themselves the Notitians. The technological advancements continued to expand, and therefore pushed the human desire of conquest.

Conquest didn’t come easy either. Many of the life sustaining planets that the humans captured had sentient life among them, and fought against humanity for their planet. Such an action was always in vain, but always kept humanity from turning on itself. On every planet they built structures to be remembered by, and asserted their domination. The same structure wasn’t placed on every world, but. With every defeated foe and newly gained world, the humans became more and more prideful of their achievements. The Empire believes that it was external forces that caused the Shattering Wars. The Shattering Wars cost the Notitians everything they worked to create.

Only a few planets retained their ability to communicate and move across the stars, these few planets created an alliance and formed what would later become the De’larin Empire. This is why there are humans on Exalia and within the Empire. The De’larin conflict with the Indolentia on the planet Exalia takes place two thousand years after the Shattering Wars.

*Characteristics: You should know what they look like. Just keep in mind that life spans have increased into the hundreds due to the advancements that have been made. There is no difference between the humans of the Empire, and the humans of Exalia, despite the two thousand year gap.

Elf: The… elven people are an interesting, although dying race of Expres. Their true origins are unknown at this time. The elves claim that they are children of the gods; created to stand as a beacon of light and strength, and to serve as a reminder of the true path. However, Imperial records suggest the possibility of them being a genetic mutation of humanity, and gained a psionic ability to control the environment around them (unknown if it was a random mutation, or a artificial enhancement made by the Notitian). At some point in time, elves were fairly numbered throughout the planet, but after racial and religious tension, the elves are starting to disappear. It is unknown what has exactly caused the elves to retreat from civilization, or die out. There are many theories on this. The first is the idea that the Empire has been kidnapping them and using them in other purposes. The second is that since they are “supposedly” tied to the Gods, that the elves are being saved. The third deals with the planets deterioration rate. It is thought that the health and existence of the elves are tied to the well being of the planet, and ever since the De’larin Empire arrived and constructed large Reactors, the planet has been dying.

Elves are unique in their ability to control the environment, a feature they use to say that they are the children of the Gods. This ability is rather limited to their race, and varies considerably in terms of age, emotions, and gender. All of them have some access to this ability, but it is only those who fully devote themselves to the progression of this ability, who can fully command the power. These powers are not as strong as the Demi-Gods. All elves have these talents, but its devotion to them that determines strength and extent.
Standard boons with being an elf; Improved vision, hearing, agility, and long life. Higher intelligence.
Usual disadvantages with being an elf: Weaker in terms of physical strength, and resistance.

Gato: Gatos are the original inhabitants of Exalia. Their appearance is extremely catlike (has tail, claws, pointy ears, fur, etc.), sometimes behavior is close as well; such as discomfort around water. Their existence dates back to when the Notitian first discovered and settled the planet. It was one of the few planets that didn’t need to have a military conquest, the Notitian humans live in peace with the Gatos, who had yet to create aircraft. It could be said that the Gatos revered them as gods. Which may explain one of the legends that the Gatos have; that one day, the Saviors will return and bring them unto glory.

Exalia was one of the first planets to be lost during the Shattering Wars. Its location and ability to communicate to other planets disappeared after twenty years into the terrible conflict. The entire planet was thrown into chaos as the remaining humans fought against the Gatos, and the Elves for control. The Gatos experienced everything from slavery to royalty within those two thousand years, only stabilizing within the last hundred years to a level of equality with the other two races of Exalia. Duringg the Imperial occupation, they suffered from an event known as The Purge, a genocideal payback to the Talen for attempt to seize control from the Tarot Council.
Gatos are extremely fast and agile, but are physically weak. They can’t carry too much without it affecting their speed.

Demi-God: The gods will not manifest themselves into this world. That would trigger the end of the planet, and release the demons encased deep in the planet, but they have heard the cries and prayers of their people to be free of the tyranny of the Delarian Empire. The answer of the gods is three “demi-gods” in the ninth year of the occupation. These individuals are unique in that they were gifted with a representation of the power that the gods wield, and approached in a different manner by each god. The gift given to them was not only the power to command the environment, but wisdom, and knowledge as well. Their powers, also their lives, depend on the well being of the planet. As the planet continues to deteriorate, they lose their power.

Even though they have the blessings of the Gods, they were once mortal creatures as well. Each one has their life history, and how they were blessed. Troubles of your life don’t end just because one becomes a Demi-God. (I will leave this up to you. You are allowed to choose what race, and what happened to them before they were given such a power. If you wish, your character can “discover” this power latter on, or already have it. The Demi-Gods are permanently alighted with the Indolentia in the beginning. However since they have the ability to choose they could theoretically give in to temptation and become corrupt.) The eyes of the demi-gods are the signs that they have been chosen, other than that; there are no obvious signs that have been chosen, unless they dress differently. The eyes of the demi-gods glow bright with the color of their iris. (Blue eyes, Blue glow. Green eyes, Green glow, etc.). The eyes can be covered by glasses, but they are very bright and comparable to fire.

The Empire is unaware of these Demi-gods except for a few rumors.

(With the planet dying, the powers of the Demi-Gods have decreased. Despite not being at full power, they are still a force to be reckoned with.)

Instruments: The role of heavy support has long been filled by the artificial beings known as “Instruments”. An Instrument is the mechanical shock trooper of the De’larin Empire; filling up many roles that it’s more organic troops cannot handle, or are not properly suited for. The Instrument Corp has units ranging from human size “Terminator” models, to massive assault units. These robots are designed in every possible way to optimize their efficiency in that chosen role. In terms of intelligence, the range varies as much as the models; from limited command and conquer protocols to high end state of the art AI operating systems.

Undead: These beings are the final legacy of the great human Notitians. They are resurrected beings encased in powerful sets of armor who can control the mysterious powers of the Void. These Undead Lords and Queens are the ruling class of the empire, and are damn near impossible to destroy thanks to their power and experience. Only a certain class of citizens can become an Undead due to an odd genetic mutation a few days (sometimes weeks) after their death. If this mutation is harnessed in time, then the body and the soul will be reforged together by the Hierarch and the powers of the Void in a ceremony known as “Dal’Nethal”. The body is also fused with the immense powers of the Void, giving them magical abilities that are similar and beyond that of a Demi-God, who is limited to the powers of the elements and are tied to the health of the world of Exalia.

The main source of their existence is to the Void, but it is also responsible for their eventual death. An undead might live for many hundreds of years, sometimes several ages, but it is the prolonged use of the Void that leads to their destruction. Dependence and addiction are usually the culprits of creating this downward spiral. If an Undead has a strong enough will and control, then there is no telling how long the eventual might last. The Undead access their powers through a controlled process called a “Card System”. This system regulates the flow of energy out of the Undead through a series of “cards”. These cards are encoded to allow certain amount of energy out for an attack, defense, or support ability. There is a problem, the card system isn’t completely perfect yet overuse will cause the Void to leak out of the armor and the card system unit. This causes an instability that could compromise the structure of the armor, and kill the Undead. The essence of the Void can be replaced slowly by the Undead in a similar way to human’s ability to replace lost blood.

Another key factor to the existence of the Undead is their armor. The armor is created from the ground up for the Undead Lord or Queen. It use to be that there was one standard set of armor for each gender of Undead, but as the Heirarch began to reclaim the steps back to the Notitian-era, it was possible for the Undead to dwell outside of the armor as it was being constructed. This way, the Undead could oversee the construction of their armor as they see fit.

The Undead Don’t have the ability to “feel” emotions very well anymore, just memories that manifest themselves like their previous emotions. Say a Undead who lost their young child sees amother or father who lost their child, will remember the emotions that were felt in their existence when seeing it in others. This was made to help the undead understand who they use to be, and still have a connection. They can feel pain, but it’s more like an acknowledgement of a hit than the actual experience. Temperatures aren’t felt either. An Undead doesn’t need to eat anymore (and some can’t due to how decayed the body was) but still can… it just doesn’t do anything. The Void breaks down the food, and no one is really sure what happens to it. Teas are often a favorite drink of Undead because of its proposed healing abilities and creating peace of the mind.

It is entirely possible for an Undead to still have family or relatives that they keep in touch with. This does depend on how long the Undead have been in their current state. It’s entirely possible for a mother, or father, or a grandparent to become an Undead and still raise a family. It is a great honor to have a family member become an Undead Lord or Queen.

Parnex: There is a special place in hell for those that decided to create this program. Its leader is unknown, but it’s a no brainer to figure out that someone in the Tarot class created them. Basically it started out as an experimental super-soldier program, but something went horribly wrong… or horribly right. The experiment use to focus on living soldiers, but nearly all of them died. In attempts to analyze what went wrong, one of the supposedly dead bodies stood up from the operating table. It was quickly blown to hell.

But they stumbled across something so brilliant, yet so dark that they couldn’t stop.

They created a miniature version of the Undead Lords and Queens. But unlike the real undead, (who are chosen) these other soldier undead are just that. Cadavers recovered from the field made to fight again. This special type of Undead is known as a “Parnex”. Further discover learned that by infusing a body with high doses of the Void, it was possible to create them from bodies. There was a small disadvantage to this; the resurrected body looked exactly the same as it had been when recovered. Devastation in the brain and in the body creates your typical zombie minion… not something you can use or control very well. Since it had such a presence and high rate of failure, the empire could just go pick any dead body to use. It had to be almost perfect, fresh, and complete. There is also a slight genetic marker that only certain bodies have with them. This is also a mutation after death, but it is quick and immediate, only lasting for a few hours.

The process itself is highly classified and still in the experimental stages, but the subject can go through a series of re-learning, and injection of new memories. Suppression and replacement of other memories are also possible. The Parnex can have information about anything downloaded into them. Don’t be fooled by these Parnex, undead warriors who look living, any loyalty they may have had in the past, any love, is gone and what your seeing is fake. It died with them, and didn’t both to come back. The Parnex are loyal to the Empire and the tarots only. Nothing else matters except for the mission. Which makes these undead minions to be some of the best spies ever created.

The Parnex do not use the sophisticated card system like the Undead, but still have powers of the Void within them. The reason for not needing a card system or a regulator is because of the amount of Void in them. The life of the Parnex depends on how much of the Void energy they have within themselves. Too much usage can kill or decay them. The void energy can also regenerate like the Undead unless it was pushed too far. They are also stronger than normal soldiers, see farther, night vision, that whole deal.

Factions:
There are four main factions that inhabit this planet. Each one has their own special advantageous, and weakness. However, there are sub-factions to each group.

There is no such thing as a “good group” or an “evil group” despite what the description and history says. Each side has done good things and terrible things; each side has good people and some people who should never have entered this life. It will be you to determine what your side is; you will decide who is good and who is evil.

Indolentia: The Indolentia (besides getting easier to spell) is the last hope for freedom of Exalia. Unlike the last two insurrections, this one is a united effort from many different ways of life. Some of them are ex-Grim Corps members, and others are disgruntled citizens. They fight not for an agenda, but for freedom and to save their world. The Indolentia were created from the series of acts that limited the personal freedom of the citizens. These acts were the same ones that were created after the previous rebellions to ironically prevent anymore unrest. The Indolentia maintain a number of small bases throughout Exalia, but their home base is an underground lair built from the pipe system of the mega-city, Gia Panta.

The Indolentia are also very… low tech (Rebels vs Empire here, it has to be for sanity’s sake). They have no problems getting a hold of a few light and medium type weapons, but they need the Black-market level connections in order to get a hold of better weapons and advance tech (reprogrammed instruments, airships, armor, power armor, exoskeletons, etc). The Indolentia’s current connection to the Black-market is the Sons of Kings gang.

Another critical difference is the leadership. The leadership of the Indolentia acts in a similar fashion to the Tarot Council. Three individuals act as heads with many other officers around them. These three individuals are the demi-gods sent to help save the planet.

Protectorates: Although they were defeated, a few of the last remaining Protectorate troops have found their way to the Indolentia. These men and women have fought the Empire steadily since their defeat at Hammerfest, and hold a deep grudge against the 501st. They aren’t necessarily well armed, but have better equipment than the usual Indolentia trooper. Not only do the Protectorates form what little of an “elite” unit that the Indolentia can afford, but they also serve as teachers for the next generation of rebel fighters. These soldiers are priceless and too many of their deaths could several hamper the Indolentia’s ability to fight. Since they have been fighting for so long, they are all excellent soldiers. Expertises in several fields are given by experience and dedication to their cause. Former Grim soldiers have also joined this rare group.

Trinity of Gods: The Trinity of Gods was once the primary religion of Exalia. They believe that there are three Gods (genders are unknown) who represent the purest of all virtues of life; Truth, Wisdom, and Justice. They’ve always preached that unity and caring for others will lead them to eternal peace after their life in this mortal realm has ended. But ever since the arrival of the De’larin and their religion, The Order of the Disciples, the Trinity has been acting a lot more… hostile than before. Many of its members and much of its Priest cast have now joined the Indolentia in a religious frenzy. These once peaceful people have turned themselves into blood thirsty zealots, determined to eradicate the Empire by any means necessary.

De’larin Empire: The De’larin Empire is the remnants of the human-based, galactic Civilization known as the Notitians. The Empire is ruled by one individual known as the Hierarch. The Hierarch has been the head of the De’larin Empire since it formed; he is one of the Undead Lords of the Tarot class. His age is unknown, but it is believed that he was once a scientist involved with the Human Notitian Experiments with their versions of the Undead. Somehow he has elevated himself to that level, and has been responsible for the creation of every Tarot since. He is over two thousand years old and the oldest Undead alive. No one knows how he has remained for so long, but many suspect it’s because his armor date back to the Human Notitians and is keeping him alive.

The De’larin Empire seeks to regain the glory of the Human Notitians. They are well aware of the failures of their past ancestors and have created a series of laws and moral codes of honor to attempt to suppress the human nature of pride and greed. The basics of these principles are brotherhood, unity, and peace.

History of the Empire is based in Ages. Each age is named after the main goal, or event of the age. Ages of Reconstruction, Evolution, Reconciliation, and the current age; Reclamation. The first age, the Age of Reconstruction, was based more on the attempt to rebuild and enforce what little they had. No conquest took place at this time since most was focused on creating a strong, stable society, and means to further their limited space travel. The next age that followed was the Age of Evolution. The Age of Evolution was a time were the De’larins shifted from a tribal based system, to a more single government unities. Single Tribes or houses could still control their own planets, but in the end, all authority was given to the Hierarch. Few planets were conquered and absorbed during this time. The end of the age was marked by the rediscovery of a warp drive from reverse engineering an ancient Human Notitian ship that was drifting in space. The Age of Reconciliation was when the Empire nearly collapsed into a civil war from over expansion, and the failing of the principles. The Hierarch himself entered battle to ensure protection and unity of the Empire. When forged together again, he bound it by the principle of brotherhood, and created the Order of the Disciples religion to hold everything together. The current age of Reclamation is where the driver to regain planets and knowledge finally kicked in.

Order of the Disciples: This is the primary religion of the De’larin Empire. It was created primarily to serve as the moral and brotherhood essence that it is believed to be missing from the Human Notitians and cause their collapse. They believe in guidance of the mysterious power in the Void, and as long as one serves the Empire and the Hierarch faithfully, then they will get the chance to be admitted into the Eternal glory, and live as Gods. Since the Empire is a military bound society, it isn’t strange to believe that the Order is also more militarist then normal religions. The Order was responsible for the creation of the Templars (see the Templars below for more explanation). The Order isn’t afraid to use the Templar to get their way done in the Empire. In terms of separation of Church and State, there really isn’t a clear indication to when the Order ends, and the government begins. Although it is headed by the Hierarch, it is believed that the Order maybe growing… corrupt.

Templars: These are the holy warriors of the Empire. They serve as a protective unit to the Order of Disciples and as a police force to the rest of the Empire. The Templar forsake their past, and give everything up in order to join this group. They serve with the utmost loyalty and commitment to the Empire, and to the Order.

Training to become a Templar starts at the younger age of twelve. Technically, the recruit doesn’t get the option of choosing to become Templar. That decision is made by their parents and sometimes by the Order. In many situations the parents of a recruit is in some sort of debt to the Order or, and the only way to pay them back is by giving their child up or if the parents are in poverty, they can give the child up. Other ways is that the Order will often adopt children and raise them to become Templars or bishops.

Once accepted into the Templar Academy, all recruits are promoted to the level of Squire. The training from then until Knighthood composes of combat training, religious studies, study of law, sword training, leadership, Templar Compositions, and advance medical training. A Squire ends his training at the age of 21, where he can go through the process of Knighthood. The process of Knighthood is a simple ordination by the Grand Templar Master, head of the Templar. The Squire must recite the oath before drinking from the sacred cup that is rumored to be laced with the essence of the Void. After this, the Squire is knighted, and the celebration begins and lasts well into the morning of the next day. This ceremony takes place in the Hierarch’s Palace every year during the mid-summer’s solace.

"I shall remain vigilant and unyielding in my pursuit of the enemies of the Empire. I will defend and maintain the order of life as it was proclaimed by the Lords of the Order in the First Age. I will forsake the life I had before so I may perform my duty as long as I am needed. I shall hold my place in the machine and acknowledge my place in within the Order and the Empire. I am a Templar. "
— (Oath of the Templar)

Once accepted and knighted, a Squire is now an official Templar. He or She is given blessed armor, and a prized elemental sword. The armor is a slight merge between the normal plate armor and powered assault armor. It does increase the strength and durability of the Templar, but not on a combat rate. The Templars are meant to be guardians and rarely entire the combat field due to lower numbers. However, when the Templars do entire combat, they are a massive inspiration to surrounding Grim soldiers. They provide everything from support to medics. Sometimes, especial with the Veteran Templars, they can be seen wearing advance exoskeleton armor. (Templar Exoskeleton Armor)

The Templars are not part of any military organization, and therefore do not take commands from any of the Grim Crops Branches unless commanded by a Tarot, or by the Order. It is their primary duty to provide safety and security for the followers of the Order of Disciples. Other duties include serving their fellow brothers and sisters in combat and also destroying any heretics.

Templar Organization:
Templar Lord: A Templar Lord is a Undead that was once a Templar. (Example)
Grand Templar Master: Head of the entire Templar Order.
Templar War Master: The fighting generals who command the Templar in combat.
Templar Master: Masters who form the Templar council. Three Masters are present in every academy.
Templar: The usual Templar. These holy knights fill out a large vraity of roles for their Order.
Squire: A templar in training.
Recruit: Someone in consideration for admittance into one of the Templar Academies

Tarot: The Tarots are… unique when studied with the rest of the Empire. The Tarot is composed of Undead Lords, Ladies and their Parnex minions (see the classes for further explanation). On Exalia, a Triumvirate of these Undead masters is called the Tarot Council, and they command the entire presence of the Empire on this world. This council answers only to the Hierarch.

Grims Corps: The Grim Corps is the name for all of the De’larin military forces, despite the fact that there are some specialized sections within the Corps that go by a different name. The soldiers of the Grim Corps are very well trained, and extremely well armed. The Armor of the Grim soldiers is designed to be a “base” armor. It’s an armor that can be easily specialized by adding new components, or removing them. This method allows the Empire to save time, storage, and money by only needing to produce upgrade components instead of different suits of armor.
Fighter Plane
Bomber

(See Technology for a bigger explanation on Power Armor and Exoskeleton Suits)

Order of the Grim Corps.
Fireteam 4
Squad: 12
Platoon: 50
Company: 500
Battalion 1,500
Regiment: 3,000
Division: 9,000

501st Division: These are the elite shock troopers of the De’larin Empire. They provide a variety of roles from battlefield support to assignations.
Color: White
Leader: Lord-Commander Vaco Malen Blood

The 501st was created just a few years before the invasion of Exalia, and it’s the first division to be notacable different from the rest of the Grim Corps. Once, they were heroes of the Empire, but thanks to Mac Tir, the 501st are seen as dangerous and feared individuals… even by the rest of the Grim Corps. They are hated by many Gatos for their role during the Purge (some have gotten over this hatred). The 501st are most easily recognizable by their unique white plated armor. The armor usually white, but is sometimes painted to reflect rank, or personality. The armor is another odd mixture of power armor and plate armor. It doesn’t provide constant power supply to amplify the trooper’s abilities, only when triggered does it allow amplification.

No member is green since it is required to have at least two years of combat experience in order to sign up. Unlike other units in the Grim's Corps, the trainees go through another set of Basic Training that last for six months. The dropout rate of the trainees is about 70%, usually due to death. These trainees are given general training for three months, which insures that they are proficient in all weapons. The next three months are geared towards specialization.

All members are awarded with white semi-powered armor, but not even on the same scale of Vaco's Assault armor. These suits are very basic in comparison to his, but much better than the plate armor that the rest of the Grim Corps use. The color is also white. You’ll also find the highest amount of the Assault Power Armor in this division than any other Grim Division since its leader is the founder of the project. It is jokingly referenced that it is unknown to who the 501st are more loyal to; the De’larin Empire, or their Leader.

The 501st have a close relationship to the Order of Disciples, and the Templar. They are currently stationed in Gia Panta, but have command over the Battlestar-class carrier in orbit.

Gangs: Even before the arrival of the Empire, there was still a fair amount of gangs and a thriving black market. However, once the Empire gained control over the planet, they raged a very popular war against the gangs; destroying all but a few of the strongest gangs, who provide necessary to remain by the Empire at that time. Since the only way the Indolentia can gain any more equipment or supplies is by dealing with the black market, they must do so through and with an allied gang.

Sons of Kings: The Sons of Kings is the last great gang. It was strong enough to survive the Imperial attempts at removal, and have thus taken the majority control of the black market. Minor gangs must pay tribute to them, or face annihilation. This is also one of the gangs that have a connective tie to both the Empire, and the Rebel forces. It supplies the Empire with valuable information and critical key points within the city, and provides the Indolentia with the tech it needs to continue its fight.

The Sons of Kings gang is lead by its founder, Healen Mishibi, of the Mishibi crime family. 50 years ago, it was the Mishibi family that ran things. It even had corrupted a few politicians within the Union. Healen was the heir of the family, but lost his position to his younger brother who killed their father and assumed the mantle of leadership. Healen was banished from the family at the age of 24. He knew that there was no way that he could directly or indirectly attack his former family. Thus the Sons of Kings were born. At this time, the Sons of Kings were composed of his closest friends, a few allies still within the Mishibi family, and support from a rival family. With the increasing strength of the Sons of Kings, Healen was able to out maneuver the much larger crime organization, seizing multiple high value targets and sell them for a high price than what his younger brother could have gotten. Pretty soon, it became obvious that the Sons of Kings were feared and respected more than Mishibi family. This allowed him to finally have the opportunity to regain his heritage, but he didn't. He destroyed his family crime business, and absorbed what remained of it into his new vrime organization.

Ever since, the Sons of Kings have been a blessing and a curse. But there time in power is soon at an end...

Exalian: Basically, this is an “I dunno which side I wanna be on” and “neutral” group. In theory, you can also use this side to manipulate all three sides (although the gangs are much more suited for that role), but it’s going to be extremely difficult. Civilians and remains of the Union occupy this last fraction. These are the people who wish to stay neutral in the conflict with the Indolentia and the De’larin Empire; although they could be pushed either way…

They have no advance weapons, tech, or training. At best, they can steal weapons and learn how to be effective in combat. There is also the option of being a politician. No subgroups.

Locations

Exalia: This is a rich planet with a wide range of ecosystems and unique organisms. It features three main continents, a massive ocean, and many islands. Its people care greatly for the planet, which leads to the next problem. Exalia is dying. The noticeable changes arose two years ago with falling crop production and the overall “sickly” looks of planets in many areas. Rivers, streams, as some masses of water began showing evidence of pollution, but the source couldn’t be found.

Forest of Memories
A crystallized forest filled with special properties. If someone entered the forest, then that person's memories will be randomly displayed on the reflective surfaces closest to them; playing a piece of recording from your life over and over again until it changes. If one's holds strong feelings for a certain memory, that memory will be displayed more frequently. Terrible things happen to people in these forests who let their minds water and let their guard drop.

Sorrow Lake -. A quiet area that is located near the center of the forest. Within Sorrow Lake is a small island, a large lake with a single large crystallized tree in the center, and many other small trees surrounding the area It is suspect that the entire area gains its powers from this single tree. Although the lake has water, it cannot be used for drinking due to its lethal substance. It is said that the water has the ability to crystallize any type of organic creature if drunk. Creature and vicious monsters are rarely seen here, making it the safest place in the Forest of Memories.

Cave of Asymbolus - A mysterious cave that's dark as night. A place that also houses darkness itself or so they say. This cave can be found near the silent Reactor. Within this dark cave lies only mystery, travelers who once pass by this cave never attempt to venture through. Each time one gets close, a faint voice can be heard echoing in our heads telling us to

Cogitatio
– The main path that leads through the Crystal Forrest, that also has many forks’ some leading to other places, some to dead ends.

Silent Reactor - An empty and cold Reactor lies within the forest. For unknown reasons, the Reactor has somehow become inactive. Leading to the conclusion that someone or something has somehow infiltrated and deactivated it. A group of Grims and Instruments were sent to reactivate it but they soon disappeared without a trace.

Gia Panta
The largest, tallest and most advance city on the planet. The city once used to get its energy from the planet. Many De’larin soldiers patrol the city, making sure no one dares to try and challenge the empire. Many useful items can be bought in this city. Transport vehicles like bikes and airships can be found in this large city. There are also many highroads and railways tracks.

Hideout - Indolentia's hideout lies beneath Gia Panta. This is where the small group plan their attacks against Inamabilis. Many useful items like potions and food have also been gathered here. The hideout is made out of mainly metal and spare parts from machines. The hideout is quite large.

High Command – This is the base of operations for all De’larin Military Forces. It’s a towering structure that’s meant to impress and intimidate. It also holds much of the military command structure and acts as the primary source of all military communications/coordinations.

Stalum Street:
Stalum Street officially doesn’t exist. Unofficially, it is the “focal” point of the black market operations of Exalia. In a sense, there is no fixed location of the black-market. There is a presence of one hidden in every major city, ready to provide disparate buyers with their vices. The Stalum Street is located in Gia Panta, and most of it is owned by the Sons of Kings.

Templar Academy: An Academy is in the process of being constructed on the outskirts of Gia Panta, but it is still in construction.

Land Closest to Heaven:
This is the name given to the area around a ruined Temple. It derives its name from its eternal beauty, since many believe that it is the only spot on the mortal realm where one can get close to the land of the Gods. Some say it’s where the Gods left Exalia after they have created it, others claim it to be a door to the Gods. This area also has yet to show any of the decaying signs that the rest of the planet holds. A sword of untold power remains deep inside the Temple. The orgins of the blade are currently unknown, but it was either created by the Gods, or by the Human Notitians. It is suspect that this blade can end the life of a demi-god or a Undead.

Occultus: It was once a village in the higher mountains, but the Empire moved a research lab up there. The village disappeared soon after. After contact was lost with the base and the village, the entire area was placed under knockdown by the Tarot Council. The interesting thing about this lock-down is that the majority of the weapon placements face towards the compound, and not away. It’s like the Empire is more concerned about something getting out than in…

The status of the village itself isn’t well known, but satellite observations have confirmed that it was attacked by something, and that the village has been burned.

The research facility holds many secrets, information, and powerful weapons that were still under development. Such items would greatly enhance whoever’s capability to fight in this war or fetch an enormous price on the black market, but is it worth the risk?

Area Zero: Another of the Empire’s secret research facility… although everyone and their dog knows where Area Zero is at. Area Zero isn’t just a research facility it’s one of the strongest Imperial bases, and a critical Instrument Production and Storage Facility. The loss of this base would be nearly as bad as losing High Command. Area Zero is also responsible for all military forces in the Gesharian Plains.

Pasarela: This was once the Gato City-State, now it is little more than a ghost town since the Purge was enacted by the Empire around four years ago. Even though there were attempts to bury and burn the bodies, they were just too many and remaining bodies still liter sections of the city in various states of decay. To attempt was made to reoccupy the city since the purge and thus as been left abandoned. The Empire doesn’t monitor the area very much due to this reason.

Several key buildings were destroyed, but the main bank seems to be undisturbed. The money and gold in there could make an individual exceedingly rich, or provide funds to a despite group… unless its already gone.

There is no telling what or who has claimed this city as their own now. It’s best to travel with cautiousness in its empty streets.

During the Purge: http://i362.photobucket.com/albums/oo68 ... edCity.jpg
After the Purge: http://www.dylancolestudio.com/Matte/pe ... MP_v04.jpg

Reactors:
The reactor complexes began construction as soon as the Empire landed, and were completed years later. These reactor complexes provide an immense amount of power for the planet. There are only six reactors on the planet, and each contains a large military base responsible for the security and enforcement of that area. They also provide command and support for any outlying bases.

Hammerfest:
The Hammerfest base was the base that the Protectorate General Claudius Drusus captured in his attempt to rebel… and it’s also the site of his death. The Hammerfest base was destroyed during the final assault and the fire-fight inside, and the Tarot council was unwilling to divert funds to repair it. The base was salvaged and a new base was set up further along the mountain range. This base came to be known as “New Hammer”.

Tech:
This RP features a combination of magic and technology, but there are some limitations.

Not allowed:
There is a slight technology limit in this RP since there was an advance civilization before the invasion of Exalia. Some of these limits are to also create balance and ensure
Personal Energy Shields (Bigger ones are allowed on airships and heavy Instruments)
Teleportation
Shape-shifting
Invisibility-that-cannot-be-detected
Ultra-super-IKILLYOUWITHONESHOT weapons
Magic bullets
Halo rings/Death Star
The Swiss Army Guns
(List is subject to change)

Clarification: Some things that are allowed aren’t mentioned too much.

AirShips: There are airships used in this RP. They are the only method of areal transportation, and can look however you want. The idea is pretty much strait forward, but if you need clarification, then I will provide some. The ideas of massive airships are allowed but I’m modifying them to be some of the spaceships that the Empire arrived in. The massive ones are only allowed to the Empire in the beginning, and there will only be a few. The Indolentia are allowed to gain a hold of airships as well, and have the possibility of hijacking one of the massive ones.

Elemental Swords: As soon as I find out what the hell these originally were, I’ll tell you. They weren’t used too much in the previous RP except by Vaco. From what I can gather, they are basically a mixture between lightsabers and normal steel blades. You can’t deflect things, but they can cut through things a lot easier than a normal metal blade. The can cut through some armor depending on what armor type it is, how you are fighting, and if the element is turned on. The element is what gives the blade the cutting edge and a special bonus. When the element is turned on, any patterns on the blade glows. These weapons can take form of any melee weapon, and with the advancements in armor, close range combat like this are a very good possibility.

Power Armor and Exoskeletal Armor: Despite this ideology of keep it simple that the Empire maintains, they have created several forms of power armor, and exoskeleton suits. The most prominent example of Imperial power armor is the Assault Armor Mk 2. It is given to the Empire's best. It is more of a usable award than anything else. It contains a black under layer of small plates that are linked by Kevlar fibers. This layer also hides the armors micro-hydraulic system, and formation gel layer. The hydraulic system drastically increases the wearer’s strength and speed, while the gel layer allows them to take high speed impacts and suffer no, or minimal injury depending on multiple factors. The last layer is protective plates made out of a classified alloy. In basic terms these plates have been tested to with stand many types of ammunition, fragment grenades, and at least a close hit from a rocket launcher. In order to properly use the armor, the wearer is linked to the user by using a connection in the subjects neck and into the Spinal Cord (a connective implant is required into the subjects neck. This implant is usually permanent) . This allows the armor to basically become a second skin. However the armor is allows very heavy, and needs special equipment in order to properly hold it. It can be manually removed, but it is easier to use a terminal location. The armor can only be repaired at these locations, due to its complex design.

As for exoskeleton suits, the process is still relatively new, and still different from the power armor. While the power armor is a suit that binds itself to the wearer’s body, the exoskeleton suit is more like a tank or a shell that forms around the wear, and doesn’t actually “touch” them. This allows the armor to simple fold from the wearer and not need complex machinery to take off. The elegance and sophistication of the power armor is removed and replaced with brute force. Agility is sacrificed to give rise to power. Speed is forgotten and strength is renowned. Dispute its massive differences in style, the exoskeleton system relies on a similar system that it’s younger brother uses. The power is given through a system of hydraulics, but is also used to “shift” the plates around to minimize damage and to absorb impact. These suits can be dropped from high orbit and into the battlefield below. The suits are also temperature regulated.

The exoskeleton suits are also highly customizable as well. The weapons, armor, design, and color can all be changed. The only things that stay the same are the internal controls and systems. It doesn’t matter what you are wearing when you use a exoskeleton suit, it’s even possible to wear power armor underneath, but it doesn’t give any advantages. Undead can also wear one of these expensive suits as well. These suits are hard to get from and into the black market since the empire watches them so closely.
Basic Exoskeleton Suit

Character Sheet

(TO THOSE WHO WERE INVOLVED WITH THE RP “FOREVER ENDLESS”: You will notice that the storyline and a few other things have been expanded from the previous RP. You might need to make a few alterations to your current CS in order for it to meet the new standards. You can also continue the storyline you were on with Forever, or abandon it and restart. This RP has been redesigned to accept the events that have already happened, and allow new adventures to begin. It’s like a cross between a reboot and a continuation. SHOULD YOU CONTINUE YOUR CURRENT STORY: I want a you to add a section in the History that tells me what happened to you character in Forever. I kept track of most of you, but not everything.)

Character Sheet

Name:

Race: (Human, Elf, Gato, Demi-God, Undead, Parnex. )

Class: (Basically, what is your job?)

Affiliation: (Which four groups does your character belong to?)
Sub Affiliation: (Optional. Just gives a clearer view to where your character stands.)

Skills/magic/abilities: (What can your character do? For Demi-gods and Undead, what powers do you have available to you at this moment (be reasonable ))

Appearance: (Explains itself. Tell us what your character looks like. Pictures are allowed. Detailed is wanted)

Starting equipment: (Be detailed here. I don’t want anyone pulling a grenade out of their ass or hammerspace. If it isn’t present, you can’t use it unless you find it somewhere, and I doubt there will be supplies lying around. List Form with explanation would also be nice.
Example: Carried:
- TX900 turbo plazma rifle
Belt:
- two modified deserts eagles
- fifteen trowing knives
Backpack:
- two frag grenades
- three smoke grenades
- RPG
- 15 plazma rifle cartridges
- 10 clips each full of .44 magnum ammo
- one bottle of water
- five sandwiches )

NPC(s): (You know the basic drill on this one, but here is a little bonus for a few. There is the possibility that you can take control of a group that hasn’t been claimed, or join one, or you can start your own. But be warned, I’m going to get a lot harder on accepting new subgroups as they come in.)

Personality: (What makes your character them? What are their dislikes, personality, mentality, etc. ?)

History: (What happened to you character?)

Starting point:

(The Songs aren’t a requirement, just a fun little thing you can do if you want.)
Theme song:
Battle theme:

IN GAME: I’m not going to hold your hand in this RP. You’ve been given a world and a mission, how you choose to complete that mission is up to you. There are many alternate endings, and many alternate routes. As Game Master, I will of course present challenges and problems for you and your party, but I hope you will create the story with each other. I’ll just add the consequences and rewards for what you do. I want this to be character driven. Sit on your ass and I’ll make sure an airship somehow mysteriously falls out of the sky and kills your character. This maybe based on the whole “Empire vs Rebel” thing, but there is so much more if you just take advantage of the freedom here.
Last edited by Blood Lord on Thu Jun 17, 2010 10:30 am, edited 1 time in total.

Postby MQuinny1234 » Thu Jun 17, 2010 10:20 am

bah, bah, bah, loooonnnggggg....

Edit: forgot this, +1 from Quinny
Last edited by MQuinny1234 on Thu Jun 17, 2010 10:33 am, edited 1 time in total.
Image=
Reluctant Nailbiter

Postby Lemon » Thu Jun 17, 2010 10:27 am

1+ from the black mage

Postby Doctress Who » Thu Jun 17, 2010 10:37 am

Gahh...still have yet to read this, but fucking +1! I've been waiting for this.

- excuse me while I now take an hour to read it :3
Time Lady

Postby Fievel » Thu Jun 17, 2010 10:41 am

+1, just to get it over with.
Offended.

Postby Blood Lord » Thu Jun 17, 2010 10:55 am

Hey. I warned you guys in the Forever RP that it was going to be long. I don't exactly know what to do with the length... so yeah. I could put a TLDR Section.

4 Votes? Good. Got it, and the OOC will be up shortly.

Postby MQuinny1234 » Thu Jun 17, 2010 11:08 am

yay, Fie's going to be in it.

Someone get stuff and Hiryu and the rest.
Image=
Reluctant Nailbiter

Postby Lemon » Thu Jun 17, 2010 2:06 pm

Neither of them RP as I recall, think stuff quit it after the Demon Hunter one.
Nevermind.

Postby TripleMoon » Thu Jun 17, 2010 4:43 pm

Holy shi-

An RP idea just popped up in my head. Please excuse moi while I go develop it.
Meh. If I had a good avatar, this would be worth it.

PreviousNext

Return to Role Playing