Just Between You and Me:Reprise OOC - Sign Ups Always Open

As the title suggests, feel free to RP it up.

Moderators: Mod Squad, RP Mod Squad

Re: Just Between You and Me: Reprise ~ OOC - Sign Ups Open

Postby Livix » Sun Jun 13, 2010 1:33 am

I'm sure there's room for you just make a character and wait for Keiran to answer
I'm good with computers, that is all

Postby Doctress Who » Sun Jun 13, 2010 6:22 am

Musicmac wrote:Looks like I got a fan. :3

What did you expect? You blew up a building. Naturally you're going to get fans. Especially from someone who blows stuff up anyway :P
Hiryu: Doc's bag is a portal. She's actually from another dimension and when she jumped into it, she ended up at a desk with a browser open on this site. That's how she found it.
We have a Doctor Who thread now. Doctor Who threads are cool.
Time Lady

Postby Chaseleon » Sun Jun 13, 2010 9:26 am

I'd like to echo what Akuma said. This looks very interesting. I'd like to join as well, if there's space. O:
Ideas are bulletproof.

Postby akuma616 » Sun Jun 13, 2010 3:48 pm

Okay, well I put something together now.
I wrote this between two and six AM,
so please tell me if there's anything I need to clarify or rewrite.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Name: Anderson “Andy” Calhoun

Species: Hybrid

Sub-species: House Cat

Description: Andy is a slender and lanky young man with translucently pale skin. His body is thin and bony, but toned, and though he curls them in to seem smaller, he has broad shoulders. This paired with his narrow waist makes his body follow a very clear “V” shape. His lankiness also makes his oversized hands and feet appear even more bizarre. His fluffy white-blonde hair sticks up in uncontrollable tufts around his thin, angular face. His eyes are large, blue, and round, giving him a young and innocent appearance. He disguises His hybrid eye coloration behind contact lenses which hide the black sclera and give false pupils. He stands at about five feet, eleven inches tall, or at least, he would if he ever stopped slouching. Despite his terrible posture, Andy's movements are languid and smooth, reflecting his catlike nature. Beyond his movements, Andy shows his cat-like form with the sharp, retractable claws protruding from the tips of his fingers and toes. Having these claws also means that he has no human nails. Because of his hybrid trait, he hides his hands at all times under a pair of black gloves.

Clothing/Weapons: Almost all of the youth's outfits are made up of the following; loose fitting long sleeved shirts which simply hang over his slender frame, what would be tight fitting jeans on most people held up by a thin belt, shoes which look almost too large, due to his oversized feet, and of course, all of them are black. As for weapons, the boy carries a small black knife, the blade of which folds into it's handle. However his animal trait in itself is a built in weapon.

Goal/Occupation: Andy spends his everyday life as a high school student, but what he really wants out of his life is to find his father whom he never met.

Personality: Andy is reserved and quiet. He was taught by his mother to shy away from people so as to avoid them finding out about his heritage. As a result, Andy avoids drawing too much attention to himself. He maintains average grades and stays away from people. In his mind, Andy plays out romantic and heroic daydreams which are the only manifestation of his inner romanticism. From the point of view of most people, Andy is a quiet kid who is remarkable only for his complete normality. He strives to hide his emotions completely, and for a much of the time he spends in public he is successful, though he always has trouble containing his nervousness, which manifest in nervous ticks. These ticks usually involve the young man's hands, which are of course the source of his worries.

History: Andy was born to a human mother and a hybrid father. His parents met and fell in love while his mother was on vacation from her job as a secretary. His father was a slave for a man staying in the same hotel. For two weeks the two met in secret and by the time Andy's mother returned home she was pregnant with a hybrid child. Her parents convinced her not to abort the unborn hybrid, and after Andy's birth, his grandparents began supplementing his mother's income to help with the child.

His mother, despite the support of her parents, was mortified that she had been foolish enough to have him and, as such, worked constantly to conceal what had happened. Andy was taught continuously that he could never expose his secret to anyone. He was told never to socialize with other children, and to come home directly after school, and he was threatened at every turn by the horrors of what could happen if they found out about him. Andy spent his entire life in terror of revealing himself and his only purpose in life became to stay invisible.

Eventually, he began to hear stories of rebels against the human control. At first he dismissed them as impossible, but he soon started to dream of freedom. However he still carries little actual hope for change.
Last edited by akuma616 on Sun Jun 13, 2010 5:30 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Postby Tuor » Sun Jun 13, 2010 4:12 pm

Wouldn't his eyes be a dead give away, plus his paws
"Suddenly Frodo noticed that a strange-looking weather-beaten man, sitting in the shadows near the wall, was also listening intently to the hobbit-talk. He had a tall tankard in front of him, and was smoking a long-stemmed pipe curiously carved. His legs were stretched out before him, showing high boots of supple leather that fitted him well, but had seen much wear and were now caked with mud. A travel-stained cloak of heavy dark-green cloth was drawn close about him, and in spite of the heat of the room he wore a hood that overshadowed his face; but the gleam of his eyes could be seen as he watched the hobbits."
Rest Easy Ethan

Postby Musicmac » Sun Jun 13, 2010 4:40 pm

Agreeing with Tuor.
If this was following a points system, your 'disguise' skill would be at negative. -.-
Listen.

Postby Livix » Sun Jun 13, 2010 4:51 pm

2 things 1. yellow eyes do exist (even in the real world) so if your saying that he wears contacts cause they don't, then you're mistaken (I have a friend who I constantly comment on how his eyes look like a wolf's cause they're so yellow) and 2. unless they're full eye contacts they wouldn't be enough, cause the eyes of a hybrid not only have no pupil but the normally white part of the eye outside of the iris, is pure black
I'm good with computers, that is all

Postby akuma616 » Sun Jun 13, 2010 5:35 pm

Thank you for pointing those things out, I fixed the part about the eyes and the contacts.
And if you're going to dispute the contacts,
I would like to point out that they are mentioned as a viable cover for the eyes in the first post.
I had also meant to put in the fact that he wears gloves before,
but I suppose in my sleep deprived state I managed to skip over it.
So I've repaired what has been pointed out so far, is there anything else?

Postby Tuor » Sun Jun 13, 2010 5:41 pm

He'd be alright now, I think. Given that he's not furry all over.
"Suddenly Frodo noticed that a strange-looking weather-beaten man, sitting in the shadows near the wall, was also listening intently to the hobbit-talk. He had a tall tankard in front of him, and was smoking a long-stemmed pipe curiously carved. His legs were stretched out before him, showing high boots of supple leather that fitted him well, but had seen much wear and were now caked with mud. A travel-stained cloak of heavy dark-green cloth was drawn close about him, and in spite of the heat of the room he wore a hood that overshadowed his face; but the gleam of his eyes could be seen as he watched the hobbits."
Rest Easy Ethan

Postby Keiran » Sun Jun 13, 2010 7:50 pm

Akuma: ACCEPTED, it’s very good.

And I’d be glad to have you, Chaseleon. There will always be space.

Postby akuma616 » Sun Jun 13, 2010 8:09 pm

Yay, thank you Keiran.
I suppose I should finish reading everyone else's posts and prepare my first one.

Postby counterfeitself » Sun Jun 13, 2010 11:14 pm

Zako, are you gonna come and talk to my characters in the middle of the night, or are you gonna wait for a bit?

Postby Zako » Sun Jun 13, 2010 11:31 pm

Probably will call them by phone later. Will PM you if I do.
- Join the HUMP LEGION. Leading the Humping and Bumping since time began...*humpa humpa humpa* -

Note to self. Pg541
SPACE ASSHOLE...

Postby counterfeitself » Sun Jun 13, 2010 11:33 pm

Sounds good to me.

Edited my last post as well.

Postby Zako » Sun Jun 13, 2010 11:36 pm

Technically Slips wants my guy to answer only to him. So if I were to interview your guy for information Slip's guy would probably get angry.

But anyway I would probably visit your guy when he is least expecting it.
- Join the HUMP LEGION. Leading the Humping and Bumping since time began...*humpa humpa humpa* -

Note to self. Pg541
SPACE ASSHOLE...

Postby counterfeitself » Sun Jun 13, 2010 11:41 pm

Sounds fine. I'm hiring my own bounty hunter.

Postby Mastermind001 » Sun Jun 13, 2010 11:54 pm

counterfeitself wrote:Sounds fine. I'm hiring my own bounty hunter.

it's going to be a hell of a ride to see who gets to Music first Zako.
"Fate smiles on the strange. So its a good thing, I'm the strangest of all." - William Livingstone, Cirque de la Nuit
More Robots

Postby Zako » Mon Jun 14, 2010 12:18 am

My mission is to identify him. Not kill...

Note to self. Pg541
SPACE ASSHOLE...

Postby Slipslash » Mon Jun 14, 2010 12:38 am

Red is doing it more for fun, and the idea then anything else. He hates people who stand up for "hybrids" and anyone else sitting on moral high-grounds like that. I guess you could say Red makes it a habit to be the anti-Selfish-gentlemen.

If Jeremy went and killed him without Red knowing, Red would get pretty angry. Red's made a game out of this man now, and when Red wants something. . .he's going to try everything to get it. . .Red won't kill him though, yet. Screwing around with your enemies head is a whole lot easier.

But I'm going to have to say Counter, go ahead and hire that bounty-hunter. . .I've got a plan. . .
*WHAT I THOUGHT I'D DO WAS PRETEND I WAS ONE OF THOSE DEAF-MUTES*

Postby Kyuu » Mon Jun 14, 2010 12:49 am

So, my computer has been wonky, and not liking meh. Hopefully I'll be fine tomorrow if the freaking AC Adapter cord comes in for my laptop, but I have the desktop. I just can't really post till I get Beatrice back. Uhhh, sorry for the inconvience? XD There isn't really one...

Postby akuma616 » Mon Jun 14, 2010 4:42 am

Okay, so I've got my first post up,
if there's anything that doesn't work with it,
please tell me so I can fix it.

Postby Musicmac » Mon Jun 14, 2010 4:43 am

Argh, get away from me, you slimy Human hunters. :[
Listen.

Postby Doctress Who » Mon Jun 14, 2010 11:14 am

Embrace the popularity, Music. >:3

Traaaggg where are youuuu....?
Hiryu: Doc's bag is a portal. She's actually from another dimension and when she jumped into it, she ended up at a desk with a browser open on this site. That's how she found it.
We have a Doctor Who thread now. Doctor Who threads are cool.
Time Lady

Postby ViviGlow » Mon Jun 14, 2010 12:04 pm

Hmm... I just thought up another NEW AND EXCITING kind of thing not seemingly looked at much before. I think...

Now, with all the animal traits that it is possible for them to have what about the possibility of something like size being their attribute, for instance you could have a giant muscle man who is part elephant. Alternatively there is also the possibility of selective breeding to alter sizes such as is done to produce things like the Micro-Pigs.
I... am plotting something... he he he he...

Postby Musicmac » Mon Jun 14, 2010 2:50 pm

Guys, Chase is being lazy and refuses to put up a WIP. :[
Listen.

PreviousNext

Return to Role Playing