Doctor Who - Defenders of Earth (OOC) ~*Dead*~

As the title suggests, feel free to RP it up.

Moderators: RP Mod Squad, Mod Squad

Re: Doctor Who - Defenders of Earth (OOC) |ROLL CALL PLEASE|

Postby Doctress Who » Mon May 31, 2010 9:30 am

Certainly. Just remember to make a CS if you want to pick up a new one, you can have up to two characters.
Hiryu: Doc's bag is a portal. She's actually from another dimension and when she jumped into it, she ended up at a desk with a browser open on this site. That's how she found it.
We have a Doctor Who thread now. Doctor Who threads are cool.
Time Lady

Postby aj_gatsz » Mon May 31, 2010 5:43 pm

Sorry, but today I was showered with work, maybe I can post tomorrow.

Postby sam4books » Mon May 31, 2010 5:46 pm

I shall attempt to post tomorrow as well.
Musicmac: "Sam4Books: Always ready to cheer things up with awesome art. Terms and Conditions apply."
In passing

Postby Tragedy_and_Comedy » Tue Jun 01, 2010 11:44 am

Will attempt to write later. I should have something by the end of the week
You... you really don't get it... do you? I... I love him... I'd die with him. Or for him. That's what you do... how you feel when you love someone. - Impulse

Postby aj_gatsz » Wed Jun 02, 2010 1:50 am

I'm ready for time-skipp. He will use the stuff when he wakes up. I think I'll PM it to you. And as for sleeping, there will be a lot of tossing and turning, and screaming...

Postby Doctress Who » Wed Jun 02, 2010 4:19 am

Ok. That's great aj :)
And yes, PM me please.
Hiryu: Doc's bag is a portal. She's actually from another dimension and when she jumped into it, she ended up at a desk with a browser open on this site. That's how she found it.
Time Lady

Postby Tragedy_and_Comedy » Wed Jun 02, 2010 3:39 pm

Sammy, Mini is now "Scary Military Lady"
You... you really don't get it... do you? I... I love him... I'd die with him. Or for him. That's what you do... how you feel when you love someone. - Impulse

Postby sam4books » Wed Jun 02, 2010 3:40 pm

Awesomeness.
Musicmac: "Sam4Books: Always ready to cheer things up with awesome art. Terms and Conditions apply."
In passing

Postby Doctress Who » Wed Jun 02, 2010 4:16 pm

Haha.
Anyways I'll be working on a Captain Jack post tonight then - should be up sometime tomorrow.
Time Lady

Postby Doctress Who » Sun Jun 06, 2010 5:11 pm

Sorry for the delay...again.
It's all starting to come together now...
Time Lady

Re: Doctor Who - Defenders of Earth (OOC) ~Sign-ups Re-open!~

Postby Doctress Who » Sat Jun 12, 2010 10:25 am

Sorry about the triple post – INCOMING BLOCK OF INFORMATION (Please read, in particular the end of this post. It will help explain.)

Information pack 1 -- Christmas Robots

Archived Classified Torchwood FileChristmas

The Host

Alias: The Heavenly Host
The Host
Metal/Golden angels
Appearance: This and This
Species: Android
Planet of origin: N/A [Originally part of “Max Capricorn Starcruisers”, working on their ships]
Creator: Max Capricorn Starcruisers
Purpose:
Primarily – to serve, and provide tourist information.
Secondary – to kill
Known weapons/abilities/weaknesses:
-Deadly with their halos. Halos can injure, or if thrown accurately enough, kill. The Halos can also return to their owner automatically, and keep themselves in the air as if they have a life of their own (but the Halos only have so much control/drive by themselves (i.e using the metal detector might stop them).

-Halos are fast but aren't very good at stearing.

- Strong enough so that the Doctor couldn't disable them using the sonic screwdriver - the angels were triple deadlocked.

- However they are far from indestructible.

- They have a very strong grip, they like strangling people/punching holes through things, etc.

-They can fly. Fast in the air, slow on the ground. It was never made clear how they were capable of flight, except that they could.

-Tough casing/armor, but not impossible to break through. Their own halos can cut through them, and they are not entirely bullet proof either.

-Weak to Electro-magneticism or electricity. Or any alien-type weaponry if it's advanced enough. An electromagnetic pulse can destroy them.

- No, they would NOT be able to see you if you are invisible, but they have a sent like a blood hound. They would find you eventually.

- They have short-range teleportation.

Quirks: - The Host speech pattern involves starting a sentence with "information" and then the answer to a query. Protocol 1 allowed the person who executes it to ask three questions, which would temporarily override whatever command they have until the three questions have been asked.
- Open to negotiation, but only if it does not conflict too greatly with their orders.
- They only obey orders, however they do have limited independant thought. A bit slow, but far from stupid. They were real smart asses with the Doctor whenever he used 'Emergency Protocol One' on them, and the Doctor only out-smarted them on the second attempt. The first attempt the angels made him use up all 3 questions without letting him get much information out of them. Cheeky bastards.
- If their controller dies, they revert to obeying nearest figure of authority.

_ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _

Killer Santas

Alias: Robot Santa Claus
Roboforms
Roboscavengers
Pilot fish
Appearance: This and This
Species: Android
Planet of origin: N/A
Creator: Unknown, later modified by ‘the Empress of the Racnoss’.
Purpose: Primarily – To scavenge; to travel alongside invaders, taking anything on the planet of value to them before the main threat arrives.
Secondary – To serve. The Robo-forms are mercenary-type robots and will serve ‘the highest bidder’ so to speak. Sometimes they can be remote-controlled, and so forced to serve whoever has their controls.
- These robots are armed with trombones that fire mortar shells, trumpets that fire bullets, tubas that are used as flamethrowers, remote controls that are used to control Robotic Christmas Trees…and possibly more.

- Like many other robots, they can be stopped using a sonic screwdriver, and are weak to electricity, electromagnetism, and anything with enough destructive power. Armor plating is quite weak, and their circuitry is easily damaged.

-Slow moving and not the brightest of robots. Are secretly cowards.

- Are equipped with short range teleporters.

Quirks:
– Dress up in Santa costumes, with eerie Santa masks as a way of ‘blending in’, and to spread some Christmas cheer terror.
- Like to play ‘God Rest Ye Merry Gentleman’ as a way of announcing their arrival.
- They are silent killers. They never speak.
- They have a range of remote controlled ‘toys’ that they like to kill people with (including Killer Christmas Trees…although they’ve been known to have other remote controlled weapons with them too).
- Are very good at terrorizing people.

Killer Christmas Trees

Alias: Robotic Christmas trees
Appearance: This
Species: Robot
Planet of origin: N/A
Creator: Robot Santas
Purpose: To destroy everything in their path. Often operated using remote control.
- These remote-controlled trees can spin at extremely high speeds and rip apart everything in their path

-Another feature the trees have is to send bombs disguised as baubles flying everywhere

-Like many other robots, they can be stopped using a sonic screwdriver, and are weak to electricity, electromagnetism, and anything with enough destructive power.

- Obstructing their path may slow them down for a while, but they can tear/break through almost anything.

Quirks: Likes to play a warped version of ‘Jingle Bells’ as they kill you.

Information Packs

So this is how it works. Every now and then, Captain Jack (or someone else) is going to distribute information to your characters, usually on monsters you have faced/are going to face in the near future.
The Information packs are going to be written in a slightly OOC format, which is why I am going to post them in the OOC thread. However there will also be a little announcement/message about it in the IC thread (with a link to the relevant OOC post) – the idea being that although it has some OOC elements, it is still a part of the story. Your character does actually receive an information pack in the story – any relevant information in the OOC post, you can assume that your character got an IC version of.
So yes, feel free to use the information provided, not only to make things clearer for yourself, but clearer for your characters.

If it’s too confusing, just let me know and I’ll try and work something different out.

Time-skip to the next chapter happening in my next post. This is your last opportunity to post before the Time Skip.

Sign-ups are reopened now, just in case anyone new wants to join in, or if any of you guys want to draw up a second CS.
Time Lady

Postby Happy Little Gekko » Sun Jun 13, 2010 5:30 pm

Time-skip.......Yay! Wait, i think i miss the.....(Time-skip)...oh, never mind
Small little creatre hyped up on red bull, will take over world... or explode on impact
!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Postby Doctress Who » Tue Jun 15, 2010 11:55 am

Haha.

Ok, the deadline for all posts is Thursday. Then I'm Time-skipping, whether you've posted or not.
Hope that's ok by you, folks.
Time Lady

Postby Tragedy_and_Comedy » Tue Jun 15, 2010 1:46 pm

I am leaving Thursday for my job and may have some trouble connecting to the internet. But it's perfectly fine by me

Postby Doctress Who » Tue Jun 15, 2010 3:41 pm

Ok, noted, thanks for the info hun.
Time Lady

Postby sam4books » Tue Jun 15, 2010 3:44 pm

I'm alright with the timeskip too since my people's aren't going to have much questions anyways.

Plus with exams and another RP on my butt, I don't think I'll be able to post today anyways.
In passing

Postby CrystalynnJade » Wed Jun 16, 2010 9:54 am

I'm good, plotting another character, but I can always find somewhere else to slide in if I miss before the time skip.

Postby Happy Little Gekko » Wed Jun 16, 2010 4:34 pm

Doctress, i'm not sure what to do with Isabelle, i seem to have made her tag along more by accident than desing and i'm not sure wheather to keep her as an aditional NPC (under your control of course if you want) or to have her 'realise she's made a very big mistake and pine for her simple life of flying to remote places'
Any thoughts?
Oh, and i hate landlords! hense my lack of large posts at the moment
Small little creatre hyped up on red bull, will take over world... or explode on impact

Postby Doctress Who » Wed Jun 16, 2010 4:42 pm

You can keep Isabelle if you wish, or get rid of her if you don't. It's completey up to you, since she's your character. If you decide you don't want her in for the long-haul, I can always bump her off somewhere down the line :twisted:

If you are going to keep her though, write a mini CS for her. That's all I ask. If you don't actually want to have control of her, that's fine too. I can take her on as an extra NPC. But I'll still need a CS of some description, if she's going to tag along that is.

But yeah, it's basically up to you.
Time Lady

Postby Happy Little Gekko » Wed Jun 16, 2010 5:12 pm

I think i like her so....

name: Isabelle Maria Inmaculada Hidalgo (i actually put her name back a bit, so i found it to make sure i got it right)
Nationaility: Spanish
History: Isabelle's life has been pleasant, following the modern trends of displaced youth having as much un before the real world catches up and puts them in their place. She studied tourisum at university, graduating in the middle of the pack but still enough to help secure a place as an airhostess on Crown airways, a large Spanish company. Isabelle has no real ambition, other than to lead a decent enough life, setteling down eventually with a nice man and raising a familly, but to her that is a long way off. Her favorite hobby is photography, with a large collection of photo albams at her flat in Madrid and her parents house, contianing her travelles as part of her work.
Yet there is that niggle at the back of her head, the touch of curiosity to see what else there is.... what lies under the bed. And hopefully with a camera in hand.

Apperance: 5' 11 with olive skin and a toned body, Isabelle could be the poster girl for airhostess, even down to the excessive makeup, although that is a new phoneomena with her. Generally she goes without makeup which her parents ay makes her look far more bueatiful. Isabelle is... quietly goodlooking, with slighlty classic features found on old hollywood actresses, but not destinct enough to stop traffic. Normally found in her uniform nowadays, Isabelle wears everything from lose fitting jeans to elegant dresses or mini skirts andtight tops. Generally its whats easily on hand or whatever the situation calls for.
At the momnet (after the time skip) she has purchased/found in tourchwood/borrowedlose fitting grey jogging bottoms a black vest and a red and black checkerd cotten shir. Her long hair has been swirled up behind her head and most of her makeup is gone.
She is tying very hard to find a good new camera...

Postby Doctress Who » Wed Jun 16, 2010 5:18 pm

That looks great :)

Oh yeah, and Sam, same goes for Hays. If he's staying, I'd like a mini CS, if it's not too much trouble.
Time Lady

Postby Happy Little Gekko » Wed Jun 16, 2010 5:21 pm

oh i do realise that she is under the same rules as    rory: didn't see that coming the other week    so if she dosn't run fast enough she toast, but i'd like to control her as much of possible... however i give you complete permission to use her if you come up with something devious or dastardly to forward plot/ charater fun :grin: :twisted: lol

Postby Doctress Who » Wed Jun 16, 2010 5:24 pm

I did say a while back, 'extra' characters are the first on the chopping block...as is usual with Doctor Who... :twisted:
Time Lady

Postby sam4books » Wed Jun 16, 2010 5:26 pm

Alrighty then. I'll try to have one up tomorrow :)
In passing

Postby Doctress Who » Thu Jun 17, 2010 4:20 pm

Ahh, I have been swamped with RP's all at once today D:

Looks like the time skip will be slightly delayed...but never fear. I will have the post up by the end of the week, if it's the last thing I do! >:3
Time Lady

PreviousNext

Return to Role Playing