Sorry about the triple post – INCOMING BLOCK OF INFORMATION (Please read, in particular the end of this post. It will help explain.) Information pack 1 -- Christmas RobotsArchived Classified Torchwood File
– Christmas The HostAlias:
The Heavenly Host
Metal/Golden angels Appearance: This
AndroidPlanet of origin:
N/A [Originally part of “Max Capricorn Starcruisers”, working on their ships] Creator:
Max Capricorn Starcruisers Purpose:
Primarily – to serve, and provide tourist information.
Secondary – to kill Known weapons/abilities/weaknesses:
-Deadly with their halos. Halos can injure, or if thrown accurately enough, kill. The Halos can also return to their owner automatically, and keep themselves in the air as if they have a life of their own (but the Halos only have so much control/drive by themselves (i.e using the metal detector might stop them).
-Halos are fast but aren't very good at stearing.
- Strong enough so that the Doctor couldn't disable them using the sonic screwdriver - the angels were triple deadlocked.
- However they are far from indestructible.
- They have a very strong grip, they like strangling people/punching holes through things, etc.
-They can fly. Fast in the air, slow on the ground. It was never made clear how they were capable of flight, except that they could.
-Tough casing/armor, but not impossible to break through. Their own halos can cut through them, and they are not entirely bullet proof either.
-Weak to Electro-magneticism or electricity. Or any alien-type weaponry if it's advanced enough. An electromagnetic pulse can destroy them.
- No, they would NOT be able to see you if you are invisible, but they have a sent like a blood hound. They would find you eventually.
- They have short-range teleportation.Quirks:
- The Host speech pattern involves starting a sentence with "information" and then the answer to a query. Protocol 1 allowed the person who executes it to ask three questions, which would temporarily override whatever command they have until the three questions have been asked.
- Open to negotiation, but only if it does not conflict too greatly with their orders.
- They only obey orders, however they do have limited independant thought. A bit slow, but far from stupid. They were real smart asses with the Doctor whenever he used 'Emergency Protocol One' on them, and the Doctor only out-smarted them on the second attempt. The first attempt the angels made him use up all 3 questions without letting him get much information out of them. Cheeky bastards.
- If their controller dies, they revert to obeying nearest figure of authority. _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ Killer SantasAlias:
Robot Santa Claus
Pilot fishAppearance: This
AndroidPlanet of origin:
Unknown, later modified by ‘the Empress of the Racnoss’.Purpose:
Primarily – To scavenge; to travel alongside invaders, taking anything on the planet of value to them before the main threat arrives.
Secondary – To serve. The Robo-forms are mercenary-type robots and will serve ‘the highest bidder’ so to speak. Sometimes they can be remote-controlled, and so forced to serve whoever has their controls.Known weapons/abilities/weaknesses:
- These robots are armed with trombones that fire mortar shells, trumpets that fire bullets, tubas that are used as flamethrowers, remote controls
that are used to control Robotic Christmas Trees…and possibly more.
- Like many other robots, they can be stopped using a sonic screwdriver, and are weak to electricity, electromagnetism, and anything with enough destructive power. Armor plating is quite weak, and their circuitry is easily damaged.
-Slow moving and not the brightest of robots. Are secretly cowards.
- Are equipped with short range teleporters.Quirks:
– Dress up in Santa costumes, with eerie Santa masks
as a way of ‘blending in’, and to spread some Christmas cheer
- Like to play ‘God Rest Ye Merry Gentleman’ as a way of announcing their arrival.
- They are silent killers. They never speak.
- They have a range of remote controlled ‘toys’ that they like to kill people with (including Killer Christmas Trees…although they’ve been known to have other remote controlled weapons with them too).
- Are very good at terrorizing people. _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ Killer Christmas TreesAlias:
Robotic Christmas treesAppearance: This Species:
RobotPlanet of origin:
To destroy everything in their path. Often operated using remote control.Known weapons/abilities/weaknesses:
- These remote-controlled trees can spin at extremely high speeds and rip apart everything in their path
-Another feature the trees have is to send bombs disguised as baubles flying everywhere
-Like many other robots, they can be stopped using a sonic screwdriver, and are weak to electricity, electromagnetism, and anything with enough destructive power.
- Obstructing their path may slow them down for a while, but they can tear/break through almost anything. Quirks:
Likes to play a warped version of ‘Jingle Bells’ as they kill you._ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _
Time-skip to the next chapter happening in my next post. This is your last opportunity to post before the Time Skip.
So this is how it works. Every now and then, Captain Jack (or someone else) is going to distribute information to your characters, usually on monsters you have faced/are going to face in the near future.
The Information packs are going to be written in a slightly OOC format, which is why I am going to post them in the OOC thread. However there will also be a little announcement/message about it in the IC thread (with a link to the relevant OOC post) – the idea being that although it has some OOC elements, it is still a part of the story. Your character does actually receive an information pack in the story – any relevant information in the OOC post, you can assume that your character got an IC version of.
So yes, feel free to use the information provided, not only to make things clearer for yourself, but clearer for your characters.
If it’s too confusing, just let me know and I’ll try and work something different out.
Sign-ups are reopened now, just in case anyone new wants to join in, or if any of you guys want to draw up a second CS.