Just Between You and Me:Reprise OOC - Sign Ups Always Open

As the title suggests, feel free to RP it up.

Moderators: RP Mod Squad, Mod Squad

Re: Just Between You and Me: Reprise ~ OOC - Sign Ups Open

Postby Doctress Who » Thu Jun 10, 2010 2:00 pm

This is late, and very detailed, but I hope it gets accepted :x

It uses some new ideas in there that haven’t been established yet (one of which is using Hybrids as spies), so let me know if it’s ok Kei. If you don’t approve, I’ll go back and revise the CS.

Based on a good old character of mine, and heavily influenced by this video.
Hee I love this character, and when I noticed how relevant his theme song is to this RP, I knew I just had to make a CS for him :3

CS - Complete

“I've been watching
I've been waiting
In the shadows for my time
I've been searching
I've been living
For tomorrows all my life…”

Name: Chame Merkantalte
[Slave Experiment number: 0SSE27]

Species: Hybrid
Sub-species: Raven

Description: 5’5” (although he’s still growing), thin build. A mess of thick, scruffy, jet black hair that reaches down past his ears, milky-pale skin, and like every Hybrid, deep set solid black eyes (which he conceals with a hologram, which makes his eyes look like ordinary dark human eyes. The hologram device is located on his left arm just above the elbow). He also has an identification number (his experiment number) tattooed on his wrist. When he smiles, he has a soft charming smile, one that seems to brighten up his whole appearance.

His animal part is his raven wings – or rather, part of a raven’s wings. Fully grown, it’s a long line of lustrous jet black fathers along his arms, making his arms look very ‘wing-like’. He can’t fly with them, but fully grown it gives him great aerodynamics, and he can jump, glide, swoop and fall through the air very well. (Often than not he will have no problem jumping or falling from great distances/heights, silently, gracefully and with minimal damage). However to keep himself hidden, he painfully removes these feathers once a day (since they keep growing back pretty fast), and covers his arms with extra long, baggy sleeves.

Clothing/Weapons:
Clothing
His clothing is very casual and plain, and consists of jeans, black padded fingerless gloves, baggy t-shirt, a hoodie with extra long, baggy sleeves, and over that a jacket with lots of pockets. Colours of his clothing tend to vary, but often it’s blues, blacks, greys and whites. He wears dark colours quite often. Wears a pair of white or black trainers on his feet.

Nitro-9 & other explosive substances
Chame has quite a collection of substances that make things go ‘boom’…or destroy things. Nitroglycerin, Thermite, aerosol cans (he can use them as bombs), a small can of petrol/diesel, matches, a lighter, nails, magnesium, any unusual explosive/flammable substances the planet may have to offer…you get the idea.

But his favourite and most-used weapon is one particular home-made explosive – made from his own special recipe. Experimenting with different chemicals, he’s come up with his own inventive explosive. He calls it ‘Nitro-9’ – and it’s a pretty powerful explosive. Far more potent than most explosives, ordinary Nitroglycerin pales in comparison to this deadly variant.
He also has another variant of it called Nitro-9-a, which is more stable but only half as powerful. He puts them into canisters and deodorant cans, ready to be used at a moments notice. He stocks up on as many as he can, stashing it away in locations only he knows about, and carries a ready-made supply of them in his rucksack. If something needs blowing up or you need a quick escape, Chame’s more than happy to assist. Nitro-9 is, of course, his favourite weapon of choice. He never goes anywhere without it.

Knives
Chame has a collection of knives of various sizes and types on his person, usually kept in his many pockets.
He also has a dagger sheaved and tied around his waist, hidden under his jacket.

Baseball Bat
Pretty self explanatory. A metal base ball bat, looks a bit like this. He also has a smaller wooden one, but he prefers to use the metal one, as it causes more damage. Sometimes he might use it to deploy explosives, or strap some knives to it, for extra ‘bite’.

Poisons/Deadly substances
Chame is pretty good with poisons (both lethal and non-lethal), especially natural poisons from plants and the like (mainly because they are easier to get than things like Mercury or rarer poisons – but he has those too). He’s been known to carry around quite a few little mixtures with him, including many poisons of his own making.

Goal/Occupation:
“No sleep
No sleep until I am done with finding the answer
Won't stop
Won't stop before I find a cure for this cancer”

-Ex-Experimental Hybrid spy (Explained in History).
-To remain hidden/uncaught.
-To find his lost soul mate, Elvina, and to find his parents, if they are all even still alive…
-To get revenge on the Businesses/brothels through whatever means necessary.
- To find a way to stop the torture/abuse of Hybrids.

Personality:
Chame has a quiet, somewhat elusive air about him. At first impressions he comes across as a quiet, shy, good-natured person, a ‘nice guy’. He seems quite cheerful and friendly. How social he is tends to vary; from being friendly, charming and charismatic (he tends to be quite the gentleman, especially towards the ladies), to being somewhat aloof, bitter, and hard to talk to. However out of his shell, Chame has a bit of a reckless streak, and a fire behind his eyes. Beware the nice ones – push the wrong buttons, and Chame can be a dangerous person to be around – to both his enemies, and his allies. Although Chame is generally a calm, down-to-earth character, on the rare occasion he does loose control, he can become fierce, violent and unstable. He’s a decent person with a good heart, but below the surface he’s pretty messed-up.

He’s also been known to have some trust issues. He has betrayed and has been betrayed, and so trust is something he (and the people around him who know of his past) tend to struggle with. He seems like an honest enough guy, but with a past like his, can he really be trusted…? He says he’s put that life behind him…but if the right situation came along, would he be tempted to betray again?

History:
“They say
That i must learn to kill before i can feel safe
But I
I'd rather kill myself than turn into their slave…”

Chame Merkantalte lived with his parents as a fugitive until the age of six. At six years old, Chame and his family were discovered and caught, his parents sent to different brothels…but Chame was ‘selected’ for slightly different treatment.

A project (or experimental agency) had been set up, an experiment to see if they could train Hybrid slaves to spy on their own kind. The Hybrids would be taken from an early age, trained up and brainwashed. They would be educated and taught how to read and write, all the basics. However they would also be taught how to infiltrate, conceal themselves and sneak up on their opponents (for covert non-participant observation), how to persuade, convince and get people to trust them/confide in them (for covert participant observation), and how to go about gathering as much information on people as possible. They were trained to fight and kill (in case a situation arose where they would need to perform an assassination, although they were mainly trained as spies, not assassins), and as a result of their training also gained increased stamina, agility and endurance. If they rejected the training in any way, they would be tortured relentlessly and abused until they learnt to obey and think in the way ‘they’ (the agency) wanted, or died in the process. Disobeying or rebelling was made virtually impossible, even if they did reject the training/brainwashing. Once trained enough, the Hybrids would be sent out as ‘slaves for hire’ to work with tracking groups, mercenaries/bounty hunters, or sometimes by the brothels/companies themselves. The Hybrid slaves would pose as ordinary fugitives, or escaped slaves, to try and weed out any well hidden hybrids or hybrid sympathisers. The Hybrid spies would work on trying to gain trust and find out as much information about the fugitive hybrids as possible, before reporting back their findings to whoever they happened to be working for. All without question, all without will or choice. All carrying out their job to the best of their ability.

The project meant that weeding out hybrids would become easier and more efficient, with less chance of the fugitives escaping. Information could be gathered on the fugitives that might otherwise have been difficult to access/discover. And of course there was the added bonus of turning hybrids against their own – using hybrids to catch/kill hybrids was an appealing idea to some. Of course, if the hybrid’s cover was blown too many times, they would be of no further use, and at that point they would be sold on as a casual slave, or if they were known to be resistant, disposed of and sold as chunks of meat.

The project was still in its early stages when Chame was added to the collection. As such there was only one facility built for these future spy-slaves, and to start off with there was only 30 of them. If the project was deemed a success, they would slowly build the project up into a proper business. However in the meantime, it was still just an experiment.

Chame was part of the project for eight years. During those eight years he was faced with all kinds of suffering, pain, mental, physical and emotional torture. He watched the other slaves around him suffer too, some of them dying from the torment, some of them becoming mindless, some of them driven mad, some of them losing all hope or sanity and killing themselves, or growing up to become no better than those who had tormented them. Chame tried his best to survive, and although he obeyed and did all that was asked of him, he despised every sheer agonising moment of it. He began to question his training, began to question and fight against what they were told to think. He knew that what he and the others were being put through was wrong, and when put on a job, he struggled with himself to not fight back. He did not want to harm other hybrids, he didn’t want to turn them in, and he didn’t want to betray them. But had to, and it hurt him every single time to do it.

However, he wasn’t alone. Another young hybrid, a girl with pixie ears called Elvina, she shared his suffering. Over the course of their training, the two developed a strong bond, and helped each other survive. When one felt like giving up, the other would push them to make sure they didn’t fall. When one got into trouble, so did the other, so that they would get punished for it together. When one of them hit rock bottom, the other would stop the other one from taking their own life. They lived and survived through everything together, even when everyone else around them were slowly destroying themselves, Chame and Elvina kept each other from harm. The two became soul mates, such was their bond, and they would have willingly died for each other.

But nothing lasts forever.
At the age of fourteen, Chame was to suffer the greatest heartache he’d known. Elvina had blown her cover one too many times. She was deemed worthless to the project. The two had become almost inseparable over the years…and perhaps losing her was the last straw for Chame. When they took her away, he fell apart. He didn’t know what happened to her. They never told the slaves anything about what happened to those who were taken away. Was she in a brothel somewhere? A research lab? Was she even still alive? Chame didn’t know. And he was forced to carry on without her.

Only, he couldn’t do it anymore. Once Elvina had been taken away from him, he was done. Done with it all. He finally lost it. Quickly he became very, very dangerous – the kind of dangerous you get from a person who has been pushed one too many times too far. He wanted to end it all. He wanted his captors to suffer. Suffer for what they’d done to him, what they’d done to his friends, and what they’d done to so many others. He didn’t just want to kill them – he wanted to obliterate them, and everything associated with them. Now Chame was an avid experimentalist with chemicals, and he’d been planning for a long time on how to get back at the agency. His Nitro-9 was fully developed, tested and all set for use. He had just been waiting all this time, watching and waiting for the right moment to use it.

So one night he set everything up. He planned it carefully, so that almost everyone was in the facility – and he blew the place up, destroying the whole building and killing everyone inside. Humans and Hybrids alike, the whole project, finished. And then he ran for his life. With some luck, the boy found a friend in a high place to help him disable the GPS tracking device the company had placed on him.

Thus, he then began his life as a fugitive. He still does not know what happened to the hybrid spying project – whether it disbanded completely, or whether it was set up again somewhere else, he does not know. He now hides away, a free slave. It seems the company Chame belonged to has presumed him dead with the other half-breeds, for no one was sent after him. He’s left his past life behind him, and no longer spies or turns in Hybrids. Instead he’s determined to help other hybrids in any way he can. He wants to find a way of stopping this cruelty to the half-breeds. He bides his time, watching and waiting, in hiding, for his time to strike again. And he wants to know what happened to his parents…what happened to Elvina. He’s still searching for her.

Theme: “In The Shadows” – The Rasmus
Hiryu: Doc's bag is a portal. She's actually from another dimension and when she jumped into it, she ended up at a desk with a browser open on this site. That's how she found it.
We have a Doctor Who thread now. Doctor Who threads are cool.
Time Lady

Postby mute_soul » Thu Jun 10, 2010 3:25 pm

Well, not in real life. But creepy characters are sometimes more fun to play as/ interact with in RP's. At least for me, anyways...
<<If I had an awesome quote, it'd go right here.>>

Location: *looks around* That's a great question... I have no idea!

Postby Kougaiji+Sesshomaru » Thu Jun 10, 2010 6:10 pm

I see what you mean, creepy IS more fun to play. Normal quickly gets me bored so I probably made Malon creepy subconsciously.
Perhaps you are asking the wrong questions?

Location: Fancy myself a scientist during the day because I've no idea where I am

Postby Mastermind001 » Thu Jun 10, 2010 8:46 pm

Slip my man, that sounds a bit too well informed. Especially since Music's character had gone to great lengths to keep the two persona's separate and you're just blowing it up. Now if Music, was keen on the deal, then I apologize, but that's too much.

There is way a to do it, and I'll show you, when Counter contacts my guy.
"Fate smiles on the strange. So its a good thing, I'm the strangest of all." - William Livingstone, Cirque de la Nuit
More Robots

Postby Slipslash » Thu Jun 10, 2010 9:48 pm

I was thinking about it from someone who controls the underworld of sorts where information is cheaper then a two dollar whore

On second thought, that does sound rather cheesy and I'll be sure to edit it out. But rest assured if there's something Red wants, he will get it.
*WHAT I THOUGHT I'D DO WAS PRETEND I WAS ONE OF THOSE DEAF-MUTES*

Postby Livix » Thu Jun 10, 2010 9:55 pm

Red hasn't gotten the resistance yet XP, and they're taking away from his business so I'd imagine he'd want them dead, if I'm wrong believe me he'll want them gone eventuallly
I'm good with computers, that is all

Postby Tuor » Thu Jun 10, 2010 10:56 pm

No shit
Rest Easy Ethan

Postby Slipslash » Fri Jun 11, 2010 12:07 am

The resistance?

Please, that's little more then a rumor concocted by those poor sops in the brothels themselves.

Something to get their hopes up, that one day that may be saved. A day that will never come, rest assured.
*WHAT I THOUGHT I'D DO WAS PRETEND I WAS ONE OF THOSE DEAF-MUTES*

Postby Tuor » Fri Jun 11, 2010 12:09 am

I love how you stay in character :P
Rest Easy Ethan

Postby Musicmac » Fri Jun 11, 2010 12:46 am

Slip. if you want to do anything related to The Selfish Gentleman, give me a PM next time.
Since I don't have any troubles with it for now, it's okay.
Alex has been the Gent for over 6 years and has been untraceable even up till now.
And if you guys would like to know, Counter PMed me before making the explosion in his post. :]

@Doctress : Awesome character.
Last edited by Musicmac on Fri Jun 11, 2010 12:57 am, edited 1 time in total.
Listen.

Postby counterfeitself » Fri Jun 11, 2010 12:50 am

I think he means he has heard of the selfish gentleman and knows he is a vigilante kinda guy, not that he knows your secret identity.

Postby Musicmac » Fri Jun 11, 2010 12:58 am

I know, I know.
But if he wanted anything like large amounts of information, it would clash with my posts in the RP.
Listen.

Postby Keiran » Fri Jun 11, 2010 1:02 am

Doctress: ACCEPTED, I love him.

Postby Keiran » Fri Jun 11, 2010 2:17 am

I’ll do the rest tommorrow, too tired to write more.

Postby Doctress Who » Fri Jun 11, 2010 4:29 am

@Music: Thanks :3

And thank you Kei! I'll start working on a first post for him.
Hiryu: Doc's bag is a portal. She's actually from another dimension and when she jumped into it, she ended up at a desk with a browser open on this site. That's how she found it.
We have a Doctor Who thread now. Doctor Who threads are cool.
Time Lady

Postby Mastermind001 » Fri Jun 11, 2010 11:27 am

Music, I said it to you once and I'll say it to you twice. I haven't said he left at all.
"Fate smiles on the strange. So its a good thing, I'm the strangest of all." - William Livingstone, Cirque de la Nuit
More Robots

Postby Musicmac » Fri Jun 11, 2010 12:00 pm

=.=
Sorry bout that, I'll edit it.
Last edited by Musicmac on Fri Jun 11, 2010 12:06 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Listen.

Postby Mastermind001 » Fri Jun 11, 2010 12:01 pm

Don't worry about it, because its time to show you the surprise.
More Robots

Postby Musicmac » Fri Jun 11, 2010 12:27 pm

Ten bucks that it's going to get a little sticky in the shop.
Listen.

Postby Mastermind001 » Fri Jun 11, 2010 12:34 pm

Musicmac wrote:Ten bucks that it's going to get a little sticky in the shop.

Not really, more likely, I never actually wrote that he left the shop. You'll see.
More Robots

Postby Musicmac » Fri Jun 11, 2010 12:41 pm

Wait, I don't get it.
Did he leave the place or did he stay in the alley? =.=
Listen.

Postby Mastermind001 » Fri Jun 11, 2010 12:49 pm

Musicmac wrote:Wait, I don't get it.
Did he leave the place or did he stay in the alley? =.=

Alright, this what your guy, your character knows, Hobs is in the alleyway. In reality, Hobs was never there, in the alleyway. He had been in your shop this entire time.
More Robots

Postby Musicmac » Fri Jun 11, 2010 12:53 pm

Ah, so he pretended to leave and actually went into the shop?
Unbeknown to Alex of course.

That or the hobs we saw was not really the Hobs.
Listen.

Postby Mastermind001 » Fri Jun 11, 2010 12:55 pm

Musicmac wrote: The hobs we saw was not really the Hobs.

Correct.
More Robots

Postby Musicmac » Fri Jun 11, 2010 12:57 pm

Just reread the posts, I think I'm clear on the situation now. :3
Also, a little description of the kitchen, guys. :O

Table in the center. Six chairs. Two on the sides and one on the front and back like thrones. A few cabinets, a counter, a microwave, a fridge and the usual. The size of it would be around the size of your usual office kitchens. :]
Listen.

PreviousNext

Return to Role Playing