Just Between You and Me:Reprise OOC - Sign Ups Always Open

As the title suggests, feel free to RP it up.

Moderators: RP Mod Squad, Mod Squad

Re: Just Between You and Me: Reprise ~ OOC - Sign Ups Open

Postby Musicmac » Sat May 29, 2010 9:42 am

Eh, why not? I like dark RPs like these. :P

Name: Alexander 'Alex' Chance, more likely to be known as 'The Selfish Gentleman'
Species: Hybrid, currently disguising self as Human.
Sub-species: Cat

Description:
Alex stands at 6 foot 3, has a average but nicely built body. He has messy jet black hair which he combs neatly when he's not doing his job.

Alex has large black cat ears, normally hidden by his large variety of hats. He also has a pair of different type of Hybrid eyes as they seem to be able to change into a pair of amber-colored cat-like eyes when he's overwhelmed with a certain emotion such as anger, sadness or happiness.

Clothing:
Being well-off, Alex tends to wear simple suits that can easily cover his Hybrid features along with a variety of hats to cover his cat ears. Green contacts are used to disguise his Hybrid eyes. Rather than a pocket-belt, a waist-holster is used for carrying the Gentleman's Glock and has only one gray ammo casing with it. He also wears a bullet-proof vest for protection.

As the Selfish Gentleman, Alex dons a large black cape, a top hat with a red stripe across and holes that reveals his cat ears. He also wears a frilly shirt underneath, a pair of black gloves, a pocket-belt and a half-broken drama mask with only the Comedy side left of it. Under his clothing is a bullet-proof vest, arm and leg guards that protect him. On the cape are two small shoulder guards.

Weapons:

Gentleman's Glock - The gun is a heavily-modified version of the original Glock 18.The gun has semi and full-auto switching capabilities, can hold up to 30 rounds in one extended casing, a flashlight and laser attachment along with a modification for minimum noise and maximum power. Being heavily modified, it is much more heavier than the normal version of the Glock. Alex handles the gun's weight easily due to constant use and training. To others however, it would be hard to handle and use. There are 5 types of ammo used for the Gentleman's Glock which are the following:
    Red casing - Fragmentation shots, goes kablooey.
    Blue casing - Smoke shots, able to create a good amount of smoke upon impact.
    Green casing - Flash shots, a flash of light goes off upon impact.
    Grey casing - Armor-piercing shot, it pierces armor, duh.
    Black casing - Default shots with maximum tissue damage abilities

Gentleman's Entrance - The gun has an extremely long barrel that measures as long as from Alex's fingers and up to his wrist. The gun is completely white and can be attached with a laser sight. On the side of the gun is a special radar/scanner attachment which opens up like the screen of a camcorder and can detect enemies . Due to it's slow firing rate and single action, Alex uses it's destructive potential for infiltration and breaking into places. Although it is quite destructive, it is quite silent, light when not loaded and launches the cartridges with a small pop. The cartridges loaded are as large as a D cell bettery and have varying abilities which are of the following:
    Red - A modified incendiary charge that explodes into flames upon contact.
    Yellow - Flash charge which has the same functions of a flash grenade and explodes upon impact.
    Green - Smoke charge, like the flash charge, only now it's a smoke grenade instead.
    Blue - Glue charge, a large amount of glue explodes upon impact, entrapping enemies and able to lay down traps.
    White - Explosive charge, explodes upon impact.
    Black - Grappling hook, cap pops off upon firing and fires a small grappling hook.
    Grey - Modified grappling hook cartridge which carries a large net rather than a grappling hook.

Foldable Katana - The katana measures at 6 foot long when fully extended and is split into five parts of 1 foot long each. The katana can be shortened and extended with the mere twitch of a hand and requires extreme skill for proper use. It is finely crafted and made of highly durable and resistant materials that never rusts or deteriorate in power and quality. It is also capable of becoming fully flexible, turning into a whip-like weapon.

Cape and Top Hat - The cape and top hat used by the Selfish Gentleman is made of materials that are highly resistant to the elements and are made of materials capable of acting as protection from certain bullets and weapons like knives or swords. The cape can be used as a shield at some times.

Drama mask - The drama mask worn is actually a gas mask and has a screen over the eye-hole that has night-vision, infrared and heat-vision built into it for use.

Pocket-belt - The pocket-belt worn by the Selfish Gentleman has bags, straps and holders for equipment ,weapons and other useful stuff like smoke bombs, ammo casings, lockpickers, throwing knives, first aid materials and even EMP grenades.

Other stuff - Alex seems to also have safe-houses and scattered all throughout the city, kinda like supply locations for restocking on stuff. Alex also carries other artillery with him at times.

Goal:Survive with a little justice and money or profit along the way.

In everyday life, Alex is just a mere Hybrid disguising himself as a Human who is the owner of a shop which seems to sell various sorts of things.

At night, he is The Selfish Gentleman, selfish vigilante to be exact. He does not fight for the Hybrid's side nor the Human's side. He fights for his own. That being said, he seems to be able to show some compassion to Hybrids, being the same species and all.

Personality:

'There are those who do good and those who do bad. But to find one in between the line that separates the two is almost impossible... Almost.'

Alex is a cheerful and eccentric man who has a knack for charming the ladies and being trusted by anyone even when they just met. He also has a talent when it comes to diplomatic conversations and tends to get what he wants without any problems.

In battle, he is resourceful, tactful and incredibly smart at things.

The Selfish Gentleman on the other hand is quite the opposite. Cold, harsh, sarcastic and a complete bastard but still retaining perfect manners of a gentleman along with a wicked sense of humor and the playfulness of a child. The Selfish Gentleman could be considered Alex's darker side of personality, killing without regret and doing whatever he wants in the middle of the night. However, he's not exactly playing the villain either, no one said so anyway.

History:
Alex was the result of a union between his father, a cat Hybrid disguising himself as a Human and his mother, a Human who loved his father dearly. At first, Alex was accepted by his family and kept as a secret by all of his relatives and close friends. He seemed to live a well-off life, that is until he celebrated his 15th birthday when the police raided his house in search of him and his father. Desperate to save their son, Alex's parents burned down their own house to fake their deaths and managed to escape to a relative.

As two more years went by, his parent\s and him seemed to realize that they could not keep on living like they were if Alex were still with them. In the end, Alex made his decision to elope and live his own life with his second 'chance'. Having changed his name and received a good amount of money as a gift from his former parents, Alex opened up his shop and managed to hide his Hybrid secrets while living his life.

Things soon changed when three years later, he read in the news that his parents had been killed by the police for being accused of Hybrid connections due to the father being Hybrid. Angered, Alex went through rigorous training and managed to bomb the related police station without suspicion. Newspapers and media seemed to build a large amount of hype over his crime and it turns out that one of the policemen that Alex had tried to kill escaped, telling the papers about Alex's appearance, causing him to be dubbed 'The Gentleman'.

A little while later, an incident involving a shop being harassed by gangsters because there were Hybrids there made Alex act again but this time, things were different. The harassment turned out to be a trap to lure out Alex but he managed to kill those involved. Before killing the last man remaining, he was asked of why he wanted to kill for those 'no-good filthy creatures'. Alex replied with a little something to him before letting him go for obvious purposes, 'Listen here, kid. I never ever said I kill for them, I kill for myself, kay? Now, go tell the press what I kill for before I kill you"

From that day on, his other life as a vigilante started.
Last edited by Musicmac on Tue Jun 08, 2010 8:48 pm, edited 7 times in total.
Listen.

Postby Musicmac » Sat May 29, 2010 9:42 am

The history is so cheesy, I want to kill myself. :[
Listen.

Postby ViviGlow » Sat May 29, 2010 9:52 am

Doctress Who wrote:
ViviGlow wrote:It does fit rather well and if you think you can manage it I would like to see your impression of drawing her, do keep in mind I found an internet picture which fits what her humanness looks like and its in her profile on page 6.

I'll be sure to use the picture as a reference point. Although I have to admit, chances are it'll end up looking completely different xD I'm not a very consistent drawer, but I'll try my best, hehe.

Totaalllyyy fiine, don't feel you need to be constrained by it, its just got the major points of age, size and hair colour and length.

I mean she wouldn't ever smile like that :P, she'd probably only have blank or sad or fear...
I... am plotting something... he he he he...

Postby Doctress Who » Sat May 29, 2010 9:57 am

ViviGlow wrote:Totaalllyyy fiine, don't feel you need to be constrained by it, its just got the major points of age, size and hair colour and length.

I mean she wouldn't ever smile like that :P, she'd probably only have blank or sad or fear...

Ah right, no worries then :P
And I'm better at blank/fear expressions than I am at drawing happy ones anyway, so that's all good.

EDIT:
By the way Music, interesting character! I can already see Kei will probably want you to change a few things, though.
Hiryu: Doc's bag is a portal. She's actually from another dimension and when she jumped into it, she ended up at a desk with a browser open on this site. That's how she found it.
We have a Doctor Who thread now. Doctor Who threads are cool.
Time Lady

Postby ViviGlow » Sat May 29, 2010 10:04 am

Hmmm.. I just considered another interesting way for mine to go... which would be like a gunslinger girl... but then again part of her whole thing is that despite her talents she can't fight back...

Postby Doctress Who » Sat May 29, 2010 10:08 am

ViviGlow wrote:Hmmm.. I just considered another interesting way for mine to go... which would be like a gunslinger girl... but then again part of her whole thing is that despite her talents she can't fight back...

Well, there is a useful little thing called 'character development'... ;D
I'm sure (given the right situation and the right chances), a character can do almost anything.
Hiryu: Doc's bag is a portal. She's actually from another dimension and when she jumped into it, she ended up at a desk with a browser open on this site. That's how she found it.
We have a Doctor Who thread now. Doctor Who threads are cool.
Time Lady

Postby ViviGlow » Sat May 29, 2010 10:19 am

Hmmm... true true.., I mean she could certainly learn, has the intelligence and the physical capabilities... just has to learn martial arts and gun use

Postby Musicmac » Sat May 29, 2010 10:30 am

@Doctress: I already predict some changes for certain things about Alex. Seeing as it is, I really wanted to make a selfish vigilante character like him for some time now. Partially because of me loving Red X from Teen Titans.
Listen.

Postby Keiran » Sat May 29, 2010 10:38 am

@music: Just a couple things, you can only have one animal trait. The father can't be pure Demon as they are all extinct. And for the Hybrid owned store, hybrids are tradable goods, they can't own stores.

Postby ViviGlow » Sat May 29, 2010 10:39 am

One animal trait per animal sub species :P Or else i'd never have got my girl how loaded up she is.

Postby Keiran » Sat May 29, 2010 10:46 am

True, otherwise your character is pretty good music.

I can hardly wait 'till Friday, oh and anyone who has first posts typed up already, please send it to me so I can figure out how not to screw it up on you.

Postby mute_soul » Sat May 29, 2010 12:35 pm

I should have a CS up relatively soon. =_= Drawing pictures makes the entire process a lot slower, but I really wanted to, so yeah~.
<<If I had an awesome quote, it'd go right here.>>

Location: *looks around* That's a great question... I have no idea!

Postby Livix » Sat May 29, 2010 1:19 pm

Does anyone want to see my rendition of Ian?, keep in mind it's only a head if you do, cause I haven't gotten to bodies and clothing in my youtube tutorials yet
I'm good with computers, that is all

Postby ViviGlow » Sat May 29, 2010 1:23 pm

Ooo.... a head... I wanna see!

Postby sam4books » Sat May 29, 2010 1:23 pm

As do I. I could even give you tips if ya want :D
Musicmac: "Sam4Books: Always ready to cheer things up with awesome art. Terms and Conditions apply."
In passing

Postby Livix » Sat May 29, 2010 1:39 pm

Keep in mind I didn't erase everything I probably should have, this is also a new style I'm trying (normally I do just straight drawing but I'm now trying to start with the basic shapes, Circles , lines etc.)
and as I've said before it's ears aren't that good cause I've never needed to draw dog ears on a person before (I also haven't finished my lessons from the Youtube tutorials)

Postby Kyuu » Sat May 29, 2010 1:47 pm

^^ It looks good so far :)

I did NOT get to the wings yesterday. I was gaming all day. Sowwy :P

Postby sam4books » Sat May 29, 2010 1:49 pm

The face is fine, but the human ears seem a bit necessary, but as you said before you didn't erase everything you should have so I'm just going to assume your going to erase the ears eventually. Also, for future reference a human ear usually starts from the upper eyelid and ends around the tip of the nose (where the nostrils are).

Oh, and the dog ears are actually pretty good :) The only problem I see is the straight line that separates the dog ears from the hair. It kind of makes the entire area look flat. My advice to you would be to make it look like that there is actually hair in front of the dog ears by making the lines zig-zaggy/spiky.

Other than that, it looks good ;D
Musicmac: "Sam4Books: Always ready to cheer things up with awesome art. Terms and Conditions apply."
In passing

Postby Livix » Sat May 29, 2010 1:52 pm

thanks that's good info on the human and dog ears, the human ears are what aren't supposed to be there cause he's a dog hybrid

Postby sam4books » Sat May 29, 2010 1:53 pm

No, problem. That's what I'm here for ^_^
In passing

Postby Livix » Sat May 29, 2010 1:54 pm

WOOTs for sam

Postby Musicmac » Sat May 29, 2010 11:09 pm

Is it alright if I put Alex as a Hybrid disguising as a Human?
Seeing as it is, it's more of a sundry of sorts and humans go there regularly for stuff like groceries.
Also, since it's just a small shop, he's well-off enough to support himself and the vigilante stuff also provides some money if their stolen or taken out in the process of a job.
Listen.

Postby Keiran » Sun May 30, 2010 1:16 am

Looks good Music, ACCEPTED.

Postby Musicmac » Sun May 30, 2010 1:26 am

Wahoo. :]
Listen.

Postby nicomon » Sun May 30, 2010 1:33 am

Hey Livix, could you send me a link to those tutorials? I would really like to watch those, and it may lead to me making a pic for my character, as well.

PreviousNext

Return to Role Playing