Just Between You and Me:Reprise OOC - Sign Ups Always Open

As the title suggests, feel free to RP it up.

Moderators: RP Mod Squad, Mod Squad

Re: Just Between You and Me: Reprise ~ OOC - Sign Ups Open

Postby sam4books » Sun May 23, 2010 6:52 pm

----FIN----

Name: Samuel (Sam) Fernandez

Species: Hybrid

Sub-species: Aardvark

Description:
The most prominent animal trait Sam was born with is his ugly pig-like snout which he hides behind a bandanna. Sam also has slightly pointed ears which he also keeps hidden. There is also the fact he started prematurely balding at the age of sixteen, which is why he is always seen wearing a hat that he guards like a hawk. Beneath his brown gloves there is a peculiar structure in his hands. For one thing, they are unreasonably sharp and slightly curved so that it could be used for digging. Not only that, but there seems to be a middle finger missing. Sam has tried to remedy this with his gloves, often putting something thick into one of the extra glove holes in order to fool the Business World. That isn’t to say it had always worked.

Weapons:
Giga---- To put it simply, Sam's weapon is a large power drill that is about three feet tall. The drill itself is two feet tall, and has enough power to pierce someone's heart (which Sam has done not once but twice in his life). It was stolen from a hardware store Sam used to work at before getting a job at a repair shop. Like all mechanical tools it has an on and off switch, which is located near the power drill's handle. Near the top there is a switch that can change the speed at which the drill spins. There are two different speeds, fast and slow. The fast speed is used to kill enemies quickly and mercifully. The slow speed is used to kill in a slow and torturous fashion (reserved for people who happen to REALLY piss Sam off). The main color of the power drill is navy blue while the drill is silver in color. It was named Giga due to the drill's overall largeness.

Goal/Occupation: To free his little brother / Rebellion / Mechanic

Personality:
Sam is normally a pretty easy-going guy, with a sort of calm and patience to rival that of a sloth's. He doesn't really have that short of a temper, it is actually a long enough fuse. However, if you are dumb enough to manage to make this guy mad, get ready to have an enormous drill wedged into your eye. Luckily, it takes a lot for THAT to happen, and you have to be a real bastard. A word of advice though, do NOT harm his little brother (or insult him) in any way if you know what's good for you. He is a rather brotherly person, who can't help but care for those in need. But he does in a "hard as stone" sort of way, not prone to getting too mushy or kissing people's butts. The way he was brought up as a child may have something to do with this. When he has free time, Sam enjoys working on strange tinkering projects, machinery being one of his favorite things. Sam's favorite sort of machinery happens to be drills since he always loved creating holes even as a kid. The most prominent of Sam's projects seem to be of the constructive sort, mainly tiny models of famous monuments throughout the world, or a complete model of a famous city, OR the perfect dream house. If he ever socializes with other people, it will mostly be done while breaking up a fight, or calming someone down, or arguing with incompetent leaders. Either of the three. You may not believe it, but Sam is adept in the art of snarking sarcastically.

History:
Things were never perfect in terms of life. Ever since he was a kid Sam had to hide both himself AND a younger brother. He had no father to protect him, he walked out on his family afraid of what might happen if his family was discovered. The guy probably couldn't take the fact that his wife and children were Hybrids. Of course he knew ever since his kids were born (which his wife insisted they were to be born at home), imagine how much he freaked when he saw the damned eyes of his eldest son, Samuel. Sam's mother made it custom that the Hybrids of the family wore goggles at all times (she couldn't afford holograms and wore sunglasses). Her most imaginative reason for this is that she and her sons were blind, the lady had this entire act planned out and everything. But Sam's father knew they would eventually get caught. So he ran, and left Sam, his mother, and his five-year-old brother behind. Sam was seven at the time.

Samuel's mother had to fend for herself from that time on. With no one to provide the money she was forced to work two jobs. At the age of seven, Samuel was stuck taking care of his little brother, cooking and cleaning while his mother worked, all while trying so hard to escape the radar of the Business World. For Sam's brother it was hardest, the poor fellow's nose was way more obvious, protruding just like a trunk. Thus it was almost impossible to hide it, and Samuel had a couple of tough calls over the years trying to keep him safe.

Then one year, disaster struck. A couple of hybrid hunters found them out and broke into their home while mom was still at work. They were defenseless, and quickly got captured and sold off for slavery. Both brothers happened to be good at menial labor, so that was what they were sold for and due to Samuel's high work ethnic HE was sold for high price. It wasn't like any of them could be sex slaves after all. They weren't sent to the same places however. Samuel's brother was sent to work as a servant for a wealthy man, while he was sent to do construction work to build new buildings to be enjoyed by associates of the Business World. Angered by this bastard move, the fifteen-year-old Samuel swore that he would find and free his little brother. In the meantime he was captured in the life of the slaves.

The construction manager Samuel was working under proved to be a harsh and unfair human being. The human couldn't stand the sight of him, and he knew it. Sam didn't really care though, because he couldn't stand the sight of the human either. The only thing Sam kept from home was his goggles which he refused to give over to the Business-y swine. It didn't mean Sam wasn't a diligent worker, because he was the one that worked the hardest out of all the other slaves, and they teased him for it. It didn't help Samuel started prematurely balding at the age of sixteen. But it was at that age that Samuel mat his savor, a Hybrid by the name of Medan.

He met Medan during one of his very few break times, the teen was a spirited fellow who was looking for some word on his lost girlfriend (who he claimed was captured as a sex slave). Medan had hoped to find out some much needed info but was dismayed to find out that no one knew a thing. Just when Medan was about to leave them all behind, he got captured by one of the overseers, and faced a life of slavery in the vast field of construction work. Samuel, knowing fair well how it felt to lose a loved one, wouldn't have any of that. And so, the ugly guy with the pig nose attacked the insulter, burrowing his claws into the man's face. After that, Medan and Samuel escaped together, the ill fated teen had even bought Samuel some new clothes to help him blend in better. They were on the road for a few weeks or months (Samuel had lost count), and Samuel managed to find a job a hardware store (the place where he gathered much of the tools he uses today). Medan on the other hand was a pretty agile guy, so he became a pizza delivery guy. They both had a pretty good thing going on, living in a cheap apartment together and making plans.

Unfortunately it all had to end when Medan's hologram malfunctioned. Samuel was pretty much the only person who could fix it but there was one slight problem with that, the thing malfunctioned while Medan was at work. While Samuel was at his own job, Medan got captured, perhaps that took the final toll on Samuel's heart. He could only hope Medan would find his girlfriend one day.

Fearing that he would be discovered too, Samuel went on the move again, quitting his job at the hardware store and stealing a power drill and some tools while he did so. He had nothing to owe to the store manager. Eventually Samuel found another job, this time at a repair shop that was owned by a Hybrid sympathizer much to his luck. Samuel agreed to work for the man, if he provided housing and food. In the meantime Sam was still a bit weary of this guy. What if he turns on him? As the mechanic kept an eye on this man, he also searched for other Hybrids like him who wanted to revolt against the Business World that had been the source of all their problems, hoping that they would help him find his long lost brother.
Last edited by sam4books on Fri Jun 04, 2010 9:50 pm, edited 6 times in total.
Musicmac: "Sam4Books: Always ready to cheer things up with awesome art. Terms and Conditions apply."
In passing

Postby Keiran » Sun May 23, 2010 7:42 pm

Very cool Sammy! I definitely can’t wait.

Here’s a work in progress for another NPC, Brothel Owner this time.

Name: Lucien Kalen

Species: Human

Sub-species: N/A

Description: Lucien Kalen is just above average height at an even 6’ and his full platinum blond hair is shoulder length and slicked-back except for two locks in the middle of his hairline. He is lean, but not very muscular, depending more on guns and persuasion than physical strength. His skin is pale and flawless expect the tattoo of his combination bar/brothel’s insignia on his right pectoral muscle. Kalen’s eyes are a grayish-blue and they portray his intelligence with his constant narrowing as he concentrates. He looks much younger than his 46 years. He has a constant smug look on his face.

Clothing/Weapons: Kalen often wears tailored black slacks with a white button-up shirt under a tailored navy-blue over coat. His tie is tight against his throat unless he has consumed some alcohol while entertaining guests showing his slightly rough start.

He also owns two state-of-the-art handguns in back holsters over his white silk shirt but under his coat at all times, he also sleeps with one of them under his pillow.

Goal/Occupation: Gain money and prestige/ Brothel/Bar Owner

Personality: Kalen tends to be very suspicious and sly, due to his ‘old days’ and is quite cunning. A sharp businessman, he is unafraid to take risks. He can be quite ruthless but has taught himself to be sophisticated and aristocratic. His fortune was build by his own hands, the blood of his body, and his persistent dreams and he will stop at nothing to keep his brothel alive and profitable. He can be congenial but he never stops calculating and can be quite manipulative.

Kalen has a tendency to speak with a slight drawl that becomes very prominent while drunk. He does not often drink as he has a tendency to be slightly crass and more than slightly insane while intoxicated. If he does drink he often cuts himself off before he gets to the point of intoxication.

History: Lucien Kalen was seven when his mother died. She died because his father beat her to death while the young Lucien watched from the closet. His mother and father never cared about him and Lucien knew that quite well, he wasn’t stupid, thank you very much. He also knew his parents argued a lot, especially about money, and that his father was an abusive bastard who loved to drink. Lucien vowed to be better than his sire, to be wealthy and prestigious so he could look down on his father like the man looked down upon him.

Lucien did very well in school and when he was sixteen, he integrated himself into a weapons-smuggling gang. He began to drink heavily and often fought in the bars he lied his way to get in. Then he saw it, his way to prestige, to infamy legally. A brothel, a Half-Breed brothel. Perfect.

He continued to work in the gang until he was twenty-five and by then he had save enough money. He bought a building in the corporate district and created a brothel/bar mix and called it Harsh Pleasures. He bought three hybrids to begin with, a Bat Half-Breed of eight years whose wings he shredded, a Lion Half-Breed of twenty years and a dog Half-Breed of fifteen years. It flourished nearly immediately and soon he bought many more Mutts for his patrons to uses. Occasionally he used his own services, enjoying a night of drinks and debauchery.

Six years later there was a break in at the bar and two of his slaves got away, a young Bear Mutt that he was going to use for a silenced-slave and the Bat Half-Breed whose wings he clipped. Needless to say he was quite pissed.

But now Kalen is near the top of the ladder, and he is not inclined to step down and he will lie cheat blackmail and bribe to keep his place at the top. But still he wonders where the escapees have gone, especially that Bat Half-Breed, what fun he was…

Edit: And done.

Postby nicomon » Sun May 23, 2010 8:53 pm

Name: Drake Thorn

Sub-species: Chameleon

Description: Drake is tall, with dull brown hair. His eyes are truly demonic, with his iris' normally being the same deep black as his sclera, but changing to a blood red color when he is angered. He covers his eyes with a combination of green-colored contacts and dark sunglasses. He has bluish-green scales on his wrists and ankles, which he covers by wearing long, black gloves and gun boots, respectively.

Clothing/Weapons: Drake dresses in a black hoodie with dark grey patterns sewn into it, and black jeans. There are blood red(similar to his eyes) lines on his gloves and boots, with the lines on his gloves ending with an arrow on his palm that points towards his fingers. He has several large knives that he keeps in the pockets of his jeans, as well as a xiphoid-type weapon(aka "wristblade") that he keeps on his left arm, although he usually uses his fists instead.

Goal/Occupation: Rescuing his parents, and anyone else he can along the way./Rescue Team Second in Command

Personality: Wise beyond his years, Drake is a master strategist, being able to plan out nearly an entire fight within seconds. He is almost always level-headed and calm, except for very limited times when a fight becomes personal.

History: Even though Drake's parents were Hybrids, their genes were so diluted that they had shown no evidence of being hybrids except for their eyes, which they managed to hide for most of their life. Unfortunately for Drake, the blood from his Demon ancestors came out strong in him, making him a recognizable Hybrid. Being well recognized, his parents had a large amount of money, and managed to escape to their countryside second home, where they were able to stay safe for roughly nine years.

Soon after Drake's ninth birthday, they were discovered, and his parents were captured while helping him escape. He watched from a stand of trees on the edge of the property as his parents were handcuffed, and loaded into an armored van, then driven away. Not knowing what to do, Drake turned and ran as far as he possibly could, eventually collapsing out of fatigue, and blacked out soon after from the same fatigue.

Out of sheer luck, the first one who found him was a member of the Rescue Team, who subsequently took him in. He was still being searched for, and as such could not got to school for fear of discovery. Fortunately, Drake was a child prodigy, and actually needed to learn very little. Instead, he watched those who were older train and plan missions, learning much about combat and stealth in the process. He has been with the Rescue Team since, and will never stop searching for his parents, wanting to discover what happened to them, even if they are dead.

If you're wondering why I didn't use the mushroom, it's because I couldn't think of a way for it to make sense.
Last edited by nicomon on Wed Jul 14, 2010 1:41 am, edited 3 times in total.

Postby Keiran » Sun May 23, 2010 9:16 pm

Quite alright, Nico. Your character is awesome, may I make him the second in command to Harrison? ACCEPTED, by the way.

Though, could you have the parents have been able to hide the eyes instead of not having them?

Postby nicomon » Sun May 23, 2010 9:30 pm

Keiran wrote:Quite alright, Nico. Your character is awesome, may I make him the second in command to Harrison?

If you want to. I think it would be interesting if you did.

Keiran wrote:Though, could you have the parents have been able to hide the eyes instead of not having them?

I've edited it, not much of a difference, though, as it affects the character very little, if at all.

Postby Keiran » Sun May 23, 2010 9:35 pm

Sorry, it’s just part of the rules. Drake would make a good second for Harrison, they are similar enough to get along quite well.

Postby nicomon » Sun May 23, 2010 9:45 pm

Keiran wrote:Sorry, it’s just part of the rules. Drake would make a good second for Harrison, they are similar enough to get along quite well.

Ok. I edited the second in command into the char sheet after just realizing that it was the only I knew of to make it official other than putting it in the OP.

Postby Keiran » Sun May 23, 2010 9:50 pm

That’s fine, it’ll be apparent in the IC as well. Only 3 others allowed for the Rescue Team and 2 for the Brothel owners if Tuor still wants to be a Brothel Owner.

I’m thinking a limit of two characters each for the players for now, what do you think?

Postby nicomon » Sun May 23, 2010 9:54 pm

If you're going to let them have multiple characters, then having a limit is probably a good idea.

Postby Keiran » Sun May 23, 2010 9:59 pm

Yeah, I want this thing to be managable. :)

Postby Zako » Sun May 23, 2010 10:18 pm

I'm interested but I'm sorry Kerian, I have too much things in life right now to be active in this.

Hope this works out well.
- Join the HUMP LEGION. Leading the Humping and Bumping since time began...*humpa humpa humpa* -

Note to self. Pg541
SPACE ASSHOLE...

Postby Livix » Sun May 23, 2010 10:22 pm

Name: Kitsun Flam (Kit-son)

Sub-Species: Red Fox

Appearance: Sort of like this just no eye patch, ears or bird

Description: A medium sized boy about 5"6', green eyes, with the Longish bushy red colored white tipped tail most red foxes have (not easy to hide) but he makes do with a large overcoat and wrapping his tail around his legs and a hologram projector on his belt buckle to camouflage his legs, and wears large contacts most of the time when walking outside that or basic glasses (not sunglasses) and uses a projection to make it seem like his eyes are normal.

Clothing/Weapons: Kitsun normally wears a black shirt with red accents, and black jeans also with red shades throughout them. Carries 2 knives a 10in bowie and a 6in switchblade, he's stealthy if you haven't guessed

Goal/Occupation: To rescue Hybrids from brothels and give them to a Safe-Haven or someone who knows where one is

History: Kitsun's parents were two Fox hybrids like himself (although their animal parts were Father: red fur on 3/4 of his body and Mother: her nails naturally grew in black), in the time that Kitsun was born they were living in the woods where they believed it to be safe to raise a child hidden away from the world, but one day Inspection officers came to check a registered house belonging to Kitsun's parents Kitsun was told to escape the Inspecting officers by hiding out in an underground borough he made when he was still a pup/child. His parents were fine and left alone from then on except for the occasional inspection, this went on for 6 years (Kitsun was 5 when it all started).

Although his parents couldn't keep up the charade forever eventually their hologram equipment was out of date and there was a way to find out if someone was using it on their person (to help Identify Hybrids) they were taken away. 3 years later when he found the means to leave the forest and not get caught he went to the city and found a symbol on a building that sparked a memory of those who took his parents: a red trident he then spent several months searching the records of the companies traded slaves, he found his parents files they had died a year after they had been taken away, according to the file being that the animal attributes couldn't be removed so that they couldn't be used his mother and father used them to escape but it was futile, after three days of running toward the forest the company had taken them from they were shot by the leader of the company a one "Red Devil" according to the files, after which he vowed to help in any way he could with the atrocities of the world, so one night when he was saving several hybrids from a brothel and sending them to a larger borough he's made, his mission was interrupted by another team who assumed him to be a transporter and attacked him, he managed to survive long enough to tell them the truth and was asked to join their team, and that's how he came into "professional" rescue missions

Personality: knowledgeable, cunning, and completely serious when it comes to missions but helpful and fun when in the base (has episodes of anger when anyone mentions a persona of the "Red Devil")
Last edited by Livix on Mon May 24, 2010 4:51 pm, edited 4 times in total.
I'm good with computers, that is all

Postby Keiran » Sun May 23, 2010 10:25 pm

That’s fine Zako, maybe you can join when you have less to do.

That’s wonderful, Livik! ACCEPTED!

Postby Kyuu » Sun May 23, 2010 10:27 pm

I'm making a CS, but it's gonna take me awhile. I'm going to be a Bat. And I'm trying to figure out how I'm going to describe her to you. There'll probably be a picture...

I'll put up my CS, or rather what I have later.

Postby Livix » Sun May 23, 2010 10:28 pm

YAY

Postby Keiran » Sun May 23, 2010 10:32 pm

Don’t worry, take your time Kyuu, I want it done well not quickly, I can wait. :D

Your CS was very good Livik, I hope I can do as well with my part.

Postby Livix » Sun May 23, 2010 10:35 pm

Thanks and I'm sure you'll do great

Postby Slipslash » Sun May 23, 2010 10:55 pm

Oh boy, oh boy oh boy.

Expect a Brothel Owner from me!

I always love being the antagonist to the protagonists, Bwa ha ha ha!

*Scratch that, I'd be better as a hired gun for a Brothel owner, but if we don't have enough BO's then I'd be happy to fill in*
*WHAT I THOUGHT I'D DO WAS PRETEND I WAS ONE OF THOSE DEAF-MUTES*

Postby Tuor » Sun May 23, 2010 11:08 pm

Maybe we could co-own? :P
"Suddenly Frodo noticed that a strange-looking weather-beaten man, sitting in the shadows near the wall, was also listening intently to the hobbit-talk. He had a tall tankard in front of him, and was smoking a long-stemmed pipe curiously carved. His legs were stretched out before him, showing high boots of supple leather that fitted him well, but had seen much wear and were now caked with mud. A travel-stained cloak of heavy dark-green cloth was drawn close about him, and in spite of the heat of the room he wore a hood that overshadowed his face; but the gleam of his eyes could be seen as he watched the hobbits."
Rest Easy Ethan

Postby bankotsu_obsessed » Sun May 23, 2010 11:09 pm

I'm planning to make a human and a halfling to make my RPing balanced. Don't ask why, but I like playing both sides. The animal I claim is... an albino peacock
Sig and avi are made by me

Postby Slipslash » Sun May 23, 2010 11:11 pm

Tuor wrote:Maybe we could co-own? :P

You've got a plan there Tuor

care to take this to PM?
*WHAT I THOUGHT I'D DO WAS PRETEND I WAS ONE OF THOSE DEAF-MUTES*

Postby Keiran » Sun May 23, 2010 11:12 pm

Co-owning would be fine, but there is room for you to be a brothel owner if you want Slip.

A peacock… cool.

Postby Zako » Sun May 23, 2010 11:49 pm

Keiran wrote:That’s fine Zako, maybe you can join when you have less to do.

Well I do have time to put a CS and be part of this for at least a week but after that its finals crunch time and I be hard pressed to find time to post. I was originally trying for Human weapons merchant but I don't know if I want to commit myself to this and not be there for most of the time.
- Join the HUMP LEGION. Leading the Humping and Bumping since time began...*humpa humpa humpa* -

Note to self. Pg541
SPACE ASSHOLE...

Postby Keiran » Sun May 23, 2010 11:53 pm

How long are your finals? I could probably put off most of the serious stuff till they’re done.

Postby Zako » Mon May 24, 2010 1:23 am

Next week and the week after that will be reserved for studying and finals.

Note to self. Pg541
SPACE ASSHOLE...

PreviousNext

Return to Role Playing