Female bard priestess who uses synthesizer? Hell yeah.
It's still a WIP, sadly. Teacher
- Melanie Enjoulee (An-jou-lee)Age
- 5ft 6Weight
- Light, around 43 to 45 lbsAppearance
Melanie has orange-golden hair that if let loose, frames her whole face. She normally holds them in bangs with two hair pins for each of them. Her headset is always worn on her head and doubles as a headband that holds down her hair. Melanie has large Maya blue colored eyes. Her face looks petite and seems younger than her age.
Melanie likes to dress in stylish clothing and tends to favor bright colors. Her tastes are normally what people would call original and modern. Often, she would dress up in light clothing accompanied by her synthesizer, headset and the earrings that look like the cymbals from a drum set. Other than that, she also wears a small pocket belt loosely around her waist which holds a bunch of things and there's also a hair clip in the shape of the Felis family symbol, a gift from Helios.Personality
Melanie is an extremely childish and carefree person, lethargic even. She seems to be cheerful 24/7 but when she's provoked, she seems to switch into a mix of yandere and tsundere. She seems to get fairly serious and excited in battles while still retaining part of her cheerfulness.
Melanie dislikes doing harm upon others and is hardworking when she sets her mind on something. Of course, her stubbornness clashes with her efforts. She is also quite likable and grows on people easily, being so modest and all.
In terms of music, her singing is normally directed at the J&K-Pop, Cult and Pop genres which reflects her personality perfectly and seems to bring out even more brilliance from her songs. Background story
The Enjoulees are a small family of great and talented magical bards who were descendants of the frontier of art and creativity, France. However, in the middle of their happy little lives, someone seemed to have split the Enjoulees in two by marrying an Asian. Add in a few centuries and you get a family of magic-using music-lovers split in half on opposite sides of Earth.
Melanie's life is unlike most of the other Enjoulees. Having been born as an Asian Enjoulee, she was spared of the stress and pressure that would normally be received by a French Enjoulee, expectations from parents of becoming super music genius and all. Her father was a keyboard player while her mother was a simple housewife.
As she grew up, Melanie took interest in the art of magics along with her father's skills with his keyboard and got lessons from him on how to play it along with lessons on using magic. Later, she switched to singing and eventually picked up on pop genres, all the while improving her magical abilities at the same time. On her thirteenth birthday, she was given a synthesizer by her father and was sent to two music schools in Korea and Japan.
When she was in Japan and Korea, two different families of royalty took care of her, one being the Longs and the other being the Felis. It was there where she met Helios Felis, the one tasked to be her escort. They became friends quickly, often fought with each other due to disagreements and different sense of logic. Still, when it was time to leave, she missed Helios quite a lot since he was her only friend and the only thing she can remember him by was the hair clip he gave her as a goodbye gift.
It's been three years and now, Melanie has been invited to join a high school that specializes in teaching special talents like herself. Little does she know that it won't just be new faces for her to meet...Type
- Bard/Priestess of Eilistraee mix
- Singer, dancer, guitarist and keyboard player.
The Enjoulees are a family of bards and mages. They prefer calling themselves as magical musicians rather than bards as they think they are 'little wandering poets singing for ale and money'. Melanie was supposedly going for the bardic route with her natural talents but took up magic along with it instead and became a priestess of Eilistraee. Due to this, her abilities of a priest depend on her dances and singing for power.Weapon
- The synthesizer are two blue panels located on that Melanie's black detachable sleeves with a blue line at the cuffs which Melanie always wears. The sleeves are actually made of high-quality material imbued with magic. The sleeves are cone-shaped, tight on the top of the arm ,opens largely at the bottom cuffs, hides Melanie's hands but shows her fingers. The synthesizer is flat and it's screens are shaped like a cylinder. The screen is blue and has multiple voice commands for the owner, letting Melanie adjust everything just by talking. The synthesizer can store an unlimited amount of songs and is capable of remixing them into any form.
The synthesizer is powered by magic, constantly sucking in surrounding energy. Apparently, Melanie says that it seems to have a 'mind of it's own' and even gave it a name, Miku, named after the synthesizer program, Miku Hatsune.Headset
- The headset that Melanie wears is completely white and has a mike. It is wirelessly linked to the synthesizer and the sticky speakers.Sticky speakers
- The sticky speakers are ... speakers that are very, very sticky. When activated and thrown, they'll latch onto any sort of surface and act as Melanie's amplifiers. They have the shape of flat discs that measure as big as Melanie's palm. The casing for it is red and they are extremely durable with a long-lasting energy source. Melanie can hold only 5 to 8 of them with her.Mini Keytar
- A black and white modified Yamaha KX5 keytar that was given to Melanie as a graduation gift from her school in Japan. The modified keytar measures around 4.7ft long, black and white, has a wireless function that synchronizes with her synthesizer and is surprisingly light. The keyboard doesn't need any electrical output since it is solar and lunar powered.Moon gloves
- The black gloves that Melanie uses for gathering energy for spells. The gloves can let Melanie shape moonlight into simple weapons. They are fully black, fingerless and have a white strap on the top.Moon weapons
- The weapons that Melanie can use with the moon gloves include:
Moon Hammer - A large hammer around 6ft long. Surprisingly light, extremely durable and can launch spells from impacts of the head. The symbol of Eilistraee can be seen on it's head. Simple Magic
Moon Sword - A longsword, around 4ft long and is incapable of launching strong spells. Instead, the sword is meant for it's easy use, speed and ability to launch small shockwaves in the shape of a crescent. The symbol of Eilistraee can be seen on it's handle.
Moon Machinegun - A devastating weapon. Balls of moonlight covers Melanie's hands and is able to fire moonbeams at incredible speeds. Unfortunately, it is only usable under moonlight.
- Nothing much really, Melanie only knows the basics of the more harmonious elemental spells such as ice, water, wind, healing and light. Example : She can only fire small frostblasts but can't do anything crazy like firing icicles.Trinkets
- Necklace of Eilistraee
- A necklace with a crescent on it, a symbol for her worshippings of Eilistraee.Earrings
- The earrings which Melanie wears are actually 'repellers' for harmful sound, enhances her hearing and protects her hearing system from any damages or harm from sounds.Song List
- Melanie's singing is normally pop or cult. Therefore, her songs are usually offensive and defensive.
Song 1-Heart Goes Boom-http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LWWK6SoJPsk
Probably Melanie's favourite Japanese song. When Melanie sings the song, it creates small circles of magic around a specific target and homes in on him until she reaches the words "Boom Boom Boom Boom", causing the circles to lock together and cause a small explosion.
Song 2-Hello Little Girl-http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YUVgoVBBSHI&feature=related
One of Melanie's area effective songs, this one requires 100% concentration and Melanie must be in complete calm before starting the song. This song requires Melanie's keyboard along with the synthesizer and that Melanie must create a circle using ice magic as to lay down a sort of pattern with ice. After that, when starting the song, a dome is created and is able to heal minor injuries of anything inside. The dome also acts as a barrier. The larger the circle, the more power needed. Currently, Melanie can only lay down a circle with a small 8ft radius.
Song 3-Don't Say 'Lazy'-http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ivr8cI11XXM&translated=1
The song has three crucial conditions. One, not a single lyric can be missed. Second, large amounts of moonlight is needed. Third, Melanie has to do a dance which is a combination of rapid flowing hand movements in a tight area. The song incorporates itself with Melanie's moon gloves to gather moonlight into balls of energy behind her. With her hand movements, Melanie can launch destructive lasers from each ball. When the laser has been used, the ball disappears and starts gathering energy again. The limit of balls summoned is five and can be used simultaneously. For alternative use, Melanie gathers as much energy as possible throughout the song and launches it all in a much, much more destructive laser as a 'finale'. Unfortunately, this song drives Melanie to her limit and causes massive stress and fatigue to her body.
A variation of Song 3 that concentrates on the percussion. The lasers are now turned into small miniature bombs that can be launched with hand movements. Less tiring but less powerful.
A variation of Song 3 that concentrates on guitar. The lasers are now smaller and less powerful but much faster. Less tiring but less powerful.
The song is one of Melanie's most scariest as it has frightening uses. One of them being able to strike large amounts of fear into enemies, slow down their movements and demoralize them. As the song ends, it gets much slower and sends the enemies to an almost halt. Melanie is able to move during the song and does not need to dance. She must however constantly keep up with the song and it's lyrics.
Song 5-Ievan Polkka-http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kbbA9BhCTko
A defensive song. Spawns a small barrier automatically whenever a projectile or attack approaches Melanie. Useful when in heat of battle. Uses little strength and easy to perform. The song also seems to increase the strength of her Moon Hammer.
Song 6-Still Alive Remixed-http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_12b6Om758Q&feature=related
Extremely creepy, seems to create pulsing booms around Melanie and she is able to direct it at an enemy with her hands. Doesn't do much damage but it's force is strong enough to blow heavy objects away.
Song 7-Sweet Bitter Beauty-http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=batOV45tkMY
Nothing much really, summons fireballs at the enemy and apparently had a side-effect on Melanie, making her personalty colder and her strength is increased. The fireballs will constantly attack the enemy at intervals, increasing in number each time from one up till the maximum of twelve.