New Powerpuff Girls Doujinshi Comic: "How Revolting"

Discuss new comics, posts, and news directly from the Snafu-Comics main page!

Moderator: Mod Squad

Re: New Powerpuff Girls Doujinshi Comic:

Postby BeeAre » Mon May 17, 2010 10:47 pm

it is definitely a conscious effort on the girls' part to engage in a movement that creates a light trail to an observer.

however Seiryuga and I argue over whether or not the color is an energy signature or just the color of their dresses in an afterimage :P
Snafu Comics' Forum Alpha Bro, Staff Writer, Editor, Image, and Keeper of the Jar Brain of Secret President. RIP Ku Ku Ku \(-^.^-)/ U Wuz A REAL N***A!!!!!!!
"We're quite aware of this. BR is no happy rainbow face man. He is simply our neighborhood best fucking poster." ~ Warbear
Puff Most Epic.
Ladies and Gentlemen, The:
BR

User avatar
offline
 
Posts: 5561
Joined: Thu Oct 25, 2007 8:06 pm
Location: Mississippi
Gender: Male

Re: New Powerpuff Girls Doujinshi Comic:

Postby Riz » Mon May 17, 2010 10:51 pm

I say energy because of how long it has been seen to stick around.
Image
with a heart colder than a welldiggers nutsack
Snafu Gold Card Member!

User avatar
offline
 
Posts: 15647
Joined: Thu Jun 28, 2007 10:09 pm
Location: no.
Gender: Female

Re: New Powerpuff Girls Doujinshi Comic:

Postby MagicMidtown » Mon May 17, 2010 10:54 pm

Hmm, an energy signature versus their dresses in an afterimage. I never considered an afterimage... Could it be a mix of both?
Image

Roads? Where we're going, we don't need roads. 8)
User avatar
offline
 
Posts: 1576
Joined: Fri Dec 28, 2007 6:16 pm
Location: In my DeLorean, traveling through time
Gender: None specified

Re: New Powerpuff Girls Doujinshi Comic:

Postby Fievel » Mon May 17, 2010 10:55 pm

Or perhaps it is lingering radiation.

Nah, I'd say energy is more likely than an afterimage.
Offended.
Snafu Gold Card Member!

User avatar
online
 
Posts: 5151
Joined: Tue Sep 22, 2009 1:18 pm
Location: Beats me.
Gender: Male

Re: New Powerpuff Girls Doujinshi Comic:

Postby SharpPointyDeath » Mon May 17, 2010 11:18 pm

The sparkles were probably an accidental reaction with the light trail, strange camera angles, and particulate matter in the air that reflected light in glorious ways.

Energy... hmmm.......

Well. I think i've mentioned that for there to be an energy signature, they'd have to have a temperature in excess of the melting point of steel and be able to virtually teleport. After-image would also imply that they are moving at speeds in excess of the human brain's processing velocity (which is approximately equivalent to four Cray Supercomputers). THIS IS EXTREMELY FAST.

Therefore, I propose radiation.
While technically a form of energy, I assume that you mean "holy shit they go at speed that cause energy release!!" when you say "energy". The point I'M making is that due to their interesting manner of birth (ie: COMPOSITION X), the use of their power causes spontaneous release of low doses of neutrons, causing small nuclear reactions. Basically, them flying causes really tiny nuke bombs in their trail, causing glowing. The color is also a by-product of their powers. The reason why the nukes haven't killed everybody is because they are VERY SMALL (you don't need a large nuke to make pretty colors) and because the majority of the energy is expressed in LIGHT.
Image Image Image Image Image

"Try new BLAMMO!!! SOAP!!! BLASTS STAINS OUT!!! BLASTS the WORLD out!!! We've all been BLAMMOED!!!!!!!!!" - The Preacher, from Fallout 3
User avatar
offline
 
Posts: 281
Joined: Wed Oct 29, 2008 10:10 pm
Location: The End of Space and Time
Gender: None specified

Re: New Powerpuff Girls Doujinshi Comic:

Postby BeeAre » Mon May 17, 2010 11:52 pm

I love the concept "COMPOSITION X" and that yes, their super-powers could impact the light as to generate after-images.

ees an interesting idea, it does sort of merge the concepts a bit.

this discussion is quite fun :)
Snafu Comics' Forum Alpha Bro, Staff Writer, Editor, Image, and Keeper of the Jar Brain of Secret President. RIP Ku Ku Ku \(-^.^-)/ U Wuz A REAL N***A!!!!!!!
"We're quite aware of this. BR is no happy rainbow face man. He is simply our neighborhood best fucking poster." ~ Warbear
Puff Most Epic.
Ladies and Gentlemen, The:
BR

User avatar
offline
 
Posts: 5561
Joined: Thu Oct 25, 2007 8:06 pm
Location: Mississippi
Gender: Male

Re: New Powerpuff Girls Doujinshi Comic:

Postby AngelLilly » Tue May 18, 2010 1:58 am

MagicMidtown wrote:Wow, there's a lot going on here besides the obvious electricity puns. o.o For one, Dexter and Blossom finally started to analyze Bell and even considered her a robot created by Mandark. (There's your gynoid reference). At least we now know what's been on Blossom's mind.


Hello Magic.

The reference to Bell on this page was one of the major things that caught my eye on this page and I was surprised that it didn't get brought up more. I liked the gynoid reference there but its also interesting that Blossom and Dexter were finally trying to get some information about Bell's origins. I for one would love to finally learn about that.
Image
The Sugar to your Spice
User avatar
offline
 
Posts: 2786
Joined: Wed Sep 26, 2007 8:55 pm
Gender: Female

Re: New Powerpuff Girls Doujinshi Comic:

Postby Kalakcha » Tue May 18, 2010 2:17 am

So, we should attack them with a sign that says "Danger Radiation! A long exposure may cause cancer"
The after-images does not always require a high speed under certain conditions they can be caused even with rather low speed, try to wave the hand in front of a lighted screen in a dark room yourself for example.
I must admit that the idea of radiation, however, intrigues me a lot. We try to work on it.
As a matter of temperatures we assume that it's a cold fusion, or their clothes would melt on them. Regarding energy emitted, probably there must be some kind of containment field, which is reduced when the girls use up their powers. With such results, rays emanating from the eyes or a nice trail of light during the flight... on the freezing breath I still have doubts.

Wait! What? You were discussing how they could talk while moving at high speed while no major objections put while they were speaking in the absence of atmosphere...
It may be some kind of short-range telepathy...
Evil Overlord wrote:Rule number 7: When I've captured my adversary and he says, "Look, before you kill me, will you at least tell me what this is all about?" I'll say, "No." and shoot him.
No, on second thought I'll shoot him then say "No."

Evil Overlord wrote:Rule number 20: Despite its proven stress-relieving effect, I will not indulge in maniacal laughter. When so occupied, it's too easy to miss unexpected developments that a more attentive individual could adjust to accordingly.
User avatar
offline
 
Posts: 100
Joined: Mon Feb 15, 2010 12:29 pm
Location: Just behind you
Gender: None specified

Re: New Powerpuff Girls Doujinshi Comic:

Postby Xerkuct » Tue May 18, 2010 6:48 am

Yeah, telepathy sounds right.
User avatar
offline
 
Posts: 170
Joined: Wed Apr 28, 2010 7:58 am
Location: Somewhere
Gender: None specified

Re: New Powerpuff Girls Doujinshi Comic:

Postby Riz » Tue May 18, 2010 7:25 am

despite the fact that they open their mouths to speak and that speech bubbles are used and not thought bubbles.
Image
with a heart colder than a welldiggers nutsack
Snafu Gold Card Member!

User avatar
offline
 
Posts: 15647
Joined: Thu Jun 28, 2007 10:09 pm
Location: no.
Gender: Female

Re: New Powerpuff Girls Doujinshi Comic:

Postby Xerkuct » Tue May 18, 2010 7:27 am

Lily wrote:despite the fact that they open their mouths to speak and that speech bubbles are used and not thought bubbles.


I thought that was so it made more sense to the viewer. Not that it needs to make sense.
User avatar
offline
 
Posts: 170
Joined: Wed Apr 28, 2010 7:58 am
Location: Somewhere
Gender: None specified

Re: New Powerpuff Girls Doujinshi Comic:

Postby Riz » Tue May 18, 2010 7:29 am

...

words fail me.
Image
with a heart colder than a welldiggers nutsack
Snafu Gold Card Member!

User avatar
offline
 
Posts: 15647
Joined: Thu Jun 28, 2007 10:09 pm
Location: no.
Gender: Female

Re: New Powerpuff Girls Doujinshi Comic:

Postby Xerkuct » Tue May 18, 2010 7:38 am

Lily wrote:...

words fail me.


Why?
User avatar
offline
 
Posts: 170
Joined: Wed Apr 28, 2010 7:58 am
Location: Somewhere
Gender: None specified

Re: New Powerpuff Girls Doujinshi Comic:

Postby GridsNaranek » Tue May 18, 2010 8:32 am

The comic would never end if too many of these ideas were explored. Besides, already there've been a few issues that were passed on simply because it would be too convoluted to even clarify in words.
Nonetheless, speculating is fun. And there's no harm in looking at different ideas and seeing what could evolve from them.

Endless possibilities, endless intrigue. Infinite diversity, infinite combinations.

With that in mind, I think that Chemical X is not an actual chemical but a carbon-based (black) matter-rearranging (exothermic reaction) lifegiving (from lifelessness) organism that reacts based upon user intent (little girls) but in a concentrated state leads to advanced physiology at a level far beyond that seen by normal life (superpowers). It also self-replicates when expended, gives off intense energy when it reacts and smells not unlike diesel.
Bloodsguar Studios member

WE ARE ALL GRIDS
Moderator

User avatar
offline
 
Posts: 9696
Joined: Sat May 07, 2005 12:00 am
Location: I Have Always Been Here
Gender: None specified

Re: New Powerpuff Girls Doujinshi Comic:

Postby The Evil One » Tue May 18, 2010 8:33 am

Kalakcha wrote:Wait! What? You were discussing how they could talk while moving at high speed while no major objections put while they were speaking in the absence of atmosphere...

Good point <_<

I think we're just having some fun here by looking deeper into things than anyone ever intended for them to be looked into. But in the end, it does ultimately go back to "it's a damn cartoon, just go with it". But dammit, if it's possible to come up with a long-winded explanation for how something like that works, then by God, we're gonna do it!

Griddles wrote:With that in mind, I think that Chemical X is not an actual chemical but a carbon-based (black) matter-rearranging (exothermic reaction) lifegiving (from lifelessness) organism that reacts based upon user intent (little girls) but in a concentrated state leads to advanced physiology at a level far beyond that seen by normal life (superpowers). It also self-replicates when expended, gives off intense energy when it reacts and smells not unlike diesel.

Interesting theory... but it fails to cover how it can give superpowers to people who already existed! HA! You lose! (I kid, I kid)
What is a man? A MISERABLE LITTLE PILE OF SECRETS! But enough talk! HAVE AT YOU!
User avatar
offline
 
Posts: 160
Joined: Thu Mar 04, 2010 1:26 pm
Location: A place where I was called by HUMANS, who wished to pay ME tribute!
Gender: None specified

Re: New Powerpuff Girls Doujinshi Comic:

Postby GridsNaranek » Tue May 18, 2010 8:45 am

I argued the atmosphere point with BeeAre a fair bit. Lulz were had.

Something about Mandark using heavy water (deuterium protium oxide) to drown Blossom, which somehow permitted her to remain alive due to a richer oxygen content. Now, either Mandark was too stupid to realise that it wouldn't kill her, Blossom forgot how to breathe the oxygen richness anyway or it's all just a rubbish excuse.

But it's a cartoon! No sweat.

Then again, Bell on the moon (talking, no less). Apparently you can breathe in tiny minute space particles with no redeeming life-sustaining issues whatsoever, and from that sustain yourself if you are a hero. It also permits you to talk in airless environments because your vocal waves only need the sparsest of particles to vibrate in order to carry your resonant tones. There was also something about using Blossom's ice breath to extract useful oxygen from space, which made no sense in that space is an endless snapfrozen abyss and taking anything into a normally-functioning body (hero!) will warm it rather than cool it. Her firebreath is out of the question because fire needs rich oxygen.

Oh wait! Hero!

I'd draw a comparison between the hero schtick and people's use of religion to calm their fears and doubts but I risk offending anyone.

Let's just read it for the pretty colours :)


@ TheEvilOne

Very interesting how you mentioned living people. People like Mojo and DICK!!! were mutated rather than given life through the 'chemical'. I also believe that Doc X is another victim of the mutation because he too was cursed with the previously-alive stipulation. Personally I think that the whole 'user intent' effect still occurs when the subject is alive. Mojo, a monkey and thus ancient relative of humanity (yet never as intelligent as them) was granted a genius mind (and Asian inflection) in order to meet the desire to become like the man who had cared for him (and the subsequent abandonment in favour of the girls twisted his mind to eeeeeevil!). I wouldn't know about Dick cos I never cared TOO much about the show, and never saw that episode. I heard he died though, and was a bit of a prick.

X, in my opinion, was someone attempting to match Utonium's achievement. Perhaps he was a family friend. A colleague. A rival. A relative? Fact was, Utonium's breakthrough was an accident. Approach the issue with precision and the result would be superior right? One explosion later and fuelled by remorse, rage at his own failings (and Utonium's profound success), the poor fella transforms into a hideous demonic creature whose very visage reeks of fury and angry overtones whilst enhancing his intellect further (much like Mojo, which makes me think that was why he captured him a few chapters ago - cos they're similar in their post-mutation gain). After that, he makes Bell.

How? Why? There are differences of opinion on that...
Bloodsguar Studios member

WE ARE ALL GRIDS
Moderator

User avatar
offline
 
Posts: 9696
Joined: Sat May 07, 2005 12:00 am
Location: I Have Always Been Here
Gender: None specified

Re: New Powerpuff Girls Doujinshi Comic:

Postby Barrahir » Tue May 18, 2010 8:48 am

I can't believe how far you guys went to rationalize the purely santimental value of the girls' ability to speak/leave light trails behind them. While it was fun to read, I still think its overthinking the whole concept.

And by the way, I support the after-image theory, seems most likely to me. Please correct me again if it's not actually a theory :P
I like potatoes.
User avatar
offline
 
Posts: 353
Joined: Wed Feb 04, 2009 2:18 pm
Location: Over There
Gender: None specified

Re: New Powerpuff Girls Doujinshi Comic:

Postby The Evil One » Tue May 18, 2010 8:49 am

Overthinking the whole concept is the whole point, though >_>
What is a man? A MISERABLE LITTLE PILE OF SECRETS! But enough talk! HAVE AT YOU!
User avatar
offline
 
Posts: 160
Joined: Thu Mar 04, 2010 1:26 pm
Location: A place where I was called by HUMANS, who wished to pay ME tribute!
Gender: None specified

Re: New Powerpuff Girls Doujinshi Comic:

Postby GridsNaranek » Tue May 18, 2010 8:57 am

The light trails are actually a part of a much larger spectrum of radiation emitted as a reaction to the use of the Chemical X property to fly. Much like the buildup of lactic acid and bloodflow in the normal human body when exercising and exerting, the light trails are just the visible portion of the energy emitted, with their colours dependent on the strongest concentration of the energy (different concentrations in response to the core ingredients leading to different physical and psychological outcomes in their initial birth). That is why the girls don't get exhausted as quickly, because of this extra powersource that fuels their superhuman abilities.

Looking at their beamstreaks through spectrum-enhancing cameras is said to cause viewers temporary blindness due to the sheer intensity of energy being expelled.

Which leads me to believe the girls will actually live short lifespans as whilst the energy regenerates, the physical bodies they are given will die out at a much faster rate which will lead them to ascend to a different plane of existence.
Bloodsguar Studios member

WE ARE ALL GRIDS
Moderator

User avatar
offline
 
Posts: 9696
Joined: Sat May 07, 2005 12:00 am
Location: I Have Always Been Here
Gender: None specified

Re: New Powerpuff Girls Doujinshi Comic:

Postby The Evil One » Tue May 18, 2010 9:13 am

Grids, I take back anything I may have said recently about you lacking creativity. That made me laugh.
What is a man? A MISERABLE LITTLE PILE OF SECRETS! But enough talk! HAVE AT YOU!
User avatar
offline
 
Posts: 160
Joined: Thu Mar 04, 2010 1:26 pm
Location: A place where I was called by HUMANS, who wished to pay ME tribute!
Gender: None specified

Re: New Powerpuff Girls Doujinshi Comic:

Postby GridsNaranek » Tue May 18, 2010 9:15 am

I have no idea where these accusations come from...

What else needs explaining?
Bloodsguar Studios member

WE ARE ALL GRIDS
Moderator

User avatar
offline
 
Posts: 9696
Joined: Sat May 07, 2005 12:00 am
Location: I Have Always Been Here
Gender: None specified

Re: New Powerpuff Girls Doujinshi Comic:

Postby The Evil One » Tue May 18, 2010 9:25 am

Griddles wrote:I wouldn't know about Dick cos I never cared TOO much about the show, and never saw that episode. I heard he died though, and was a bit of a prick.

The name "Dick" was indeed quite apt, in his case. And the episode had a lot of fun with using his name to imply that Dick was, in fact, a dick. (And yes, he did die, apparently. Definitely was never seen again, in any case.)

Griddles wrote:What else needs explaining?

I was going to say something about Princess and how when she was exposed to Chemical X, she simply gained powers similar to those of the Powerpuffs... but I suppose "user intent" covers that as well.
What is a man? A MISERABLE LITTLE PILE OF SECRETS! But enough talk! HAVE AT YOU!
User avatar
offline
 
Posts: 160
Joined: Thu Mar 04, 2010 1:26 pm
Location: A place where I was called by HUMANS, who wished to pay ME tribute!
Gender: None specified

Re: New Powerpuff Girls Doujinshi Comic:

Postby GridsNaranek » Tue May 18, 2010 9:37 am

Ahh, Chemical X - a remnant from the ancient, cataclysmic times of universal beginning when space was an infinite ball of fire and billowing gases yet to cool, solidify and turn into big floating spheres. Perhaps some of the earliest life ever to exist, it's unclear whether Chemical X is a scientific enigma or in fact a creation from a power beyond our comprehension.

Known as a Chemical due to its various unstable, reactive and energy giving properties (and its similarities to carbon) and branded with the letter X to represent the unknown and the unexplored, few took the time to research deeply into the origin and usefulness of the mysterious substance. Utonium's breakthrough discovery of life from lifelessness is what gave the chemical its present-day fame. Impossible to resynthesise and difficult to extract from natural resources, it is now considered a building block of life and it's theorised the chemical makes up a small percentage of all living organisms, even you and me. However, it is only in strong doses that superhuman phenomena is witnessed.

It raises the question - how were the Rowdyruff Boys created, since they were literally born out of a toilet? Only the ignorant can't work it out - Chuck Norris (who is scientifically proven to shit Chemical X as he is the closest thing on earth to god and his midichlorian Chemical X levels are higher than any known life beforehand) used that very toilet after filming a later-discarded prison sequence for his movie The President's Man and Mojo threw the ingredients into the same septic cesspool where the divine excrement was festering.

That is why the Rowdyruff Boys are awesome and can never stay dead. They are the sons of Norris. Gospel truth.

Image
Bloodsguar Studios member

WE ARE ALL GRIDS
Moderator

User avatar
offline
 
Posts: 9696
Joined: Sat May 07, 2005 12:00 am
Location: I Have Always Been Here
Gender: None specified

Re: New Powerpuff Girls Doujinshi Comic:

Postby Yngvar » Tue May 18, 2010 9:45 am

Pickapok wrote:Did any one else catch the puns?

Bubbles is struck by lightning. "Current." "Conduct." "ReVOLTing." "Shocking."

Everybody likely caught at least one, BUT DID YOU CATCH EM ALL?


Frankly, I thought Bubbles acted rather out of character for this joke. It sounds more like Dexter talking.
offline
 
Posts: 11
Joined: Sun May 18, 2008 1:50 pm
Gender: None specified

Re: New Powerpuff Girls Doujinshi Comic:

Postby Xerkuct » Tue May 18, 2010 9:50 am

Yngvar wrote:
Pickapok wrote:Did any one else catch the puns?

Bubbles is struck by lightning. "Current." "Conduct." "ReVOLTing." "Shocking."

Everybody likely caught at least one, BUT DID YOU CATCH EM ALL?


Frankly, I thought Bubbles acted rather out of character for this joke. It sounds more like Dexter talking.


Yeah, I thought the same thing.
User avatar
offline
 
Posts: 170
Joined: Wed Apr 28, 2010 7:58 am
Location: Somewhere
Gender: None specified

PreviousNext

Return to Comic Updates and News!

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Steeler [Crawler] and 1 guest