New Powerpuff Girls Doujinshi Comic: "How Revolting"

Discuss new comics, posts, and news directly from the Snafu-Comics main page!

Moderator: Mod Squad

Postby SnafuBot » Mon May 17, 2010 7:04 am

Re: New Powerpuff Girls Doujinshi Comic:

Postby Kalakcha » Mon May 17, 2010 7:52 am

The Frankenstein Junior gag taken to the extreme...
Evil Overlord wrote:Rule number 7: When I've captured my adversary and he says, "Look, before you kill me, will you at least tell me what this is all about?" I'll say, "No." and shoot him.
No, on second thought I'll shoot him then say "No."

Evil Overlord wrote:Rule number 20: Despite its proven stress-relieving effect, I will not indulge in maniacal laughter. When so occupied, it's too easy to miss unexpected developments that a more attentive individual could adjust to accordingly.

Postby Grandpa Lenin » Mon May 17, 2010 8:03 am

And THAT was the first time I actually laughed in this comix lol
Also Bubbles looks great in the first panel

Postby lightmaster92 » Mon May 17, 2010 10:16 am

The curse of Olga's nickname. THUNDAGA AND DOOM CLOUDS!
'Til all are one.
N7 Elite Guard

Postby Pickapok » Mon May 17, 2010 1:30 pm

Did any one else catch the puns?

Bubbles is struck by lightning. "Current." "Conduct." "ReVOLTing." "Shocking."

Everybody likely caught at least one, BUT DID YOU CATCH EM ALL?
I am why we can't have nice things.

Postby Unlimited » Mon May 17, 2010 1:50 pm

Pickapok wrote:Did any one else catch the puns?

Bubbles is struck by lightning. "Current." "Conduct." "ReVOLTing." "Shocking."

Everybody likely caught at least one, BUT DID YOU CATCH EM ALL?

Not one.
Memento mori

Postby Kalakcha » Mon May 17, 2010 2:24 pm

Pickapok wrote:Bubbles is struck by lightning. "Current." "Conduct." "ReVOLTing." "Shocking."

There were really so many?
Evil Overlord wrote:Rule number 7: When I've captured my adversary and he says, "Look, before you kill me, will you at least tell me what this is all about?" I'll say, "No." and shoot him.
No, on second thought I'll shoot him then say "No."

Evil Overlord wrote:Rule number 20: Despite its proven stress-relieving effect, I will not indulge in maniacal laughter. When so occupied, it's too easy to miss unexpected developments that a more attentive individual could adjust to accordingly.

Postby lightmaster92 » Mon May 17, 2010 3:26 pm

I`d thought so.
'Til all are one.
N7 Elite Guard

Postby Riz » Mon May 17, 2010 3:36 pm

I'm sure BR and DMajor will be pleased that you noticed their efforts.
with a heart colder than a welldiggers nutsack
Snafu Gold Card Member!

Postby SharpPointyDeath » Mon May 17, 2010 3:50 pm

I never really understood how all comicbook characters have the ability to talk normally while speeding through the air.
Image Image Image Image Image

"Try new BLAMMO!!! SOAP!!! BLASTS STAINS OUT!!! BLASTS the WORLD out!!! We've all been BLAMMOED!!!!!!!!!" - The Preacher, from Fallout 3

Postby The Evil One » Mon May 17, 2010 4:25 pm

SharpPointyDeath wrote:I never really understood how all comicbook characters have the ability to talk normally while speeding through the air.

Especially considering that they break the sound barrier on a fairly regular basis.
What is a man? A MISERABLE LITTLE PILE OF SECRETS! But enough talk! HAVE AT YOU!

Location: A place where I was called by HUMANS, who wished to pay ME tribute!

Postby Riz » Mon May 17, 2010 4:28 pm

who says they are going that fast right now, though?

wait...when has it ever been said that they break the sound barrier?
Snafu Gold Card Member!

Postby The Evil One » Mon May 17, 2010 4:31 pm

Lily wrote:who says they are going that fast right now, though?

wait...when has it ever been said that they break the sound barrier?

Well, perhaps they aren't at the moment. But as for "ever"... the Powerpuff Girls laugh at the notion that they can't break the sound barrier. They've hit LIGHT SPEED before (in the episode "Speed Demon").
What is a man? A MISERABLE LITTLE PILE OF SECRETS! But enough talk! HAVE AT YOU!

Postby SharpPointyDeath » Mon May 17, 2010 4:39 pm

Well, they're going fast enough to leave a colored streak. Assuming that the PPG don't also get magical sparkles as they fly, this would imply that they are moving fast enough to be indistinct blurs as they speed past, which means they're going at LEAST 60 mph. Have you ever tried to carry a conversation in a convertible with the top open on the highway? You have to SHOUT AT THE TOP OF YOUR LUNGS. But they're just going "Oh hey, what's up?" not "WHAT IS WRONG, BLOSSOM?!!!"

"Try new BLAMMO!!! SOAP!!! BLASTS STAINS OUT!!! BLASTS the WORLD out!!! We've all been BLAMMOED!!!!!!!!!" - The Preacher, from Fallout 3

Postby Riz » Mon May 17, 2010 4:47 pm

uh...that color behind them isn't them being in a blur. but you do kind of have a point, they only emit that light when they're going fast.

also, you can be going so fast you're a blur at much less than 60 mph.
Snafu Gold Card Member!

Postby FLCL3000 » Mon May 17, 2010 4:50 pm

good page, and i have always wondered how they talk when they are flying.

Postby The Evil One » Mon May 17, 2010 4:53 pm

Lily wrote:uh...that color behind them isn't them being in a blur. but you do kind of have a point, they only emit that light when they're going fast.

So, are you suggesting that the colored streaks are, in fact, "magical sparkles", as SharpPointyDeath put it?

In any case, they're just flying home from school, if I'm not mistaken, so they probably don't really need to go that fast. But then again, the aforementioned time where they hit light speed? When they did that, they were... flying home from school >_>

Postby Unlimited » Mon May 17, 2010 4:58 pm

As soon as they hit 88 mph, they'll be sending themselves to the future.
Memento mori

Postby The Evil One » Mon May 17, 2010 5:05 pm

Colonel wrote:This can be used to travel to the past as well. However, I don't know if the girls cells can metabolize the 1.21 jigawatts required for time travel.

Well, Bubbles DID just have the necessary 1.21 jigawatts zapped into her, didn't she?

(Also, they DID in fact time-travel when they hit light speed. They went 50 years into the future. A bleak future where Him had taken over the world and Townsville lay pretty much in ruins, even. One of the series' darker episodes, really.)

Postby SharpPointyDeath » Mon May 17, 2010 9:00 pm

All interesting points. However:

1. The PPG has never exhibited any forcefield ability in previous chapters. They have consistently been able to get swatted out of the sky with directed energy weapons. In canon, where MojoJojo is not capable of signficantly damaging them with directed energy weapons seems to be more due to their maneuvrability then anything else. When they HAVE been hit, they're abnormal toughness COULD be from a forcefield, but it is most likely not possible for a forcefield of their level to cause supercharging of particles. This is due to lightning being supercharged particles and having a temperature of 54,000 degrees Fahrenheit. They do not form lightning, as if this were true they would have basically teleported home.

2. Wavelengths inherently cause shittyness if they are not the same. It's just physically impossible for differing wavelengths of ANYTHING to impact and not cause mass screw up. Unless your light, because that just means you scatter your particles slightly and go with the flow. However, it is conceivable that the forcefield wonks but then stabilizes into a single wavelength when two are combined.

3. They STILL shouldn't be able to talk, because forcefields as per standard fantasy/sci-fi/World of Warcraft science means you can breath in them indefinitely. If forcefields actively repelled air, you'd run out of air rapidly within them during combat. Therefore, they clearly allow air to pass through without hindrance. Thus, the velocity would be unchanged and you'd still have wind.

4. This is too long a post.

Postby Riz » Mon May 17, 2010 9:23 pm

The Evil One wrote:
Lily wrote:uh...that color behind them isn't them being in a blur. but you do kind of have a point, they only emit that light when they're going fast.

So, are you suggesting that the colored streaks are, in fact, "magical sparkles", as SharpPointyDeath put it?

it's just light, though in one episode they made a rainbow type thing and sparkles fell down onto the schoolchildren.
Snafu Gold Card Member!

Postby MagicMidtown » Mon May 17, 2010 10:34 pm

Wow, there's a lot going on here besides the obvious electricity puns. o.o For one, Dexter and Blossom finally started to analyze Bell and even considered her a robot created by Mandark. (There's your gynoid reference). At least we now know what's been on Blossom's mind.

That's not entirely true. If you were to take this instance as canon for the PPG, then Blossom can easily form a light trail at slow speeds. There have been instances in the show where they can rise into the air and not leave a trail and others when they do. I think that in this case and a few canon others, the PPG can create a light trail because of an initial burst in speed.

Roads? Where we're going, we don't need roads. 8)

Postby Riz » Mon May 17, 2010 10:37 pm

MagicMidtown wrote:

That's not entirely true. If you were to take this instance as canon for the PPG, then Blossom can easily form a light trail at slow speeds.

that's just a commercial (not canon) and was an error on the graphic person's part. in the actual cartoon they do not emit light when they are going relatively slow.
Snafu Gold Card Member!

Postby MagicMidtown » Mon May 17, 2010 10:44 pm

@ Lily

Which is why I added that they would only emit such a light when a slight burst in speed is needed. They can still be moving slow, as you said, and not leave a light trail. It's that initial burst though that creates the light. If they slowed down for any reason, it would go away. If they kept on moving at a constant speed or increased their speed, then it would probably remain lit.
Last edited by MagicMidtown on Mon May 17, 2010 10:48 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Roads? Where we're going, we don't need roads. 8)

Postby Riz » Mon May 17, 2010 10:45 pm

it seems like you're saying that they're only emiting that light because of an initial burst in speed, true they do emit the light if they take off fast but only if they stay fast does the light stick around.
Snafu Gold Card Member!

Next

Return to Comic Updates and News!