Kingdom Hearts RP v.3 *Dead*

As the title suggests, feel free to RP it up.

Moderators: Mod Squad, RP Mod Squad

Re: Kingdom Hearts RP v.3: The Darkness Manifest OOC

Postby Geomancer » Thu May 13, 2010 3:27 pm

Bah. I dinnah need anythin' more.

MQ: Why don't you just stick with that, then, and remove the rest of the stuff. That seems like enough. And no, no controlling others.

Look, pick either natural abilities or weapon abilities. You can't have both.
Final Fantasy IX was the best Final Fantasy game ever and if you think otherwise you are WRONG!

My fanfiction account. Comments and criticisms are very welcome.
GMancer

Postby MQuinny1234 » Thu May 13, 2010 3:30 pm

So no guns...alright.
Image=
-"I'm sophisticated, charming, suave, and debonair, Professor. But I have never claimed to be civilized."
Reluctant Nailbiter

Postby Sentios » Thu May 13, 2010 3:33 pm

CS sure ends up being short when I can use an image and have no weapon to describe.

Original Character

Name: Lern

Appearance: The Male Champion http://img156.imageshack.us/img156/6026/championc.gif

Weapon of Choice/Magical Abilities: Purely Magic

Strength Focus: Lern focuses entirely on magic and survivability, because of his strong conditioned body and ability to use healing magic it's not impossible for him to take a few blows.
His magic ranks go Fire > Healing > Ice > Lightning

Brief description of Character: Lern is an outgoing and energetic guy, not to the point of being hyperactive but he always wants to be doing something. He's not the type to bear grudges though also not the type to try befriending everyone. Despite his muscular body he is quite knowledgable of magic, being the type that believes a strong body is neccessary to have a strong mind, and is researching the heartless on a mandate from the council who governs his home.

Although this is nothing unusual for where he comes from. His entire world is somewhat unusual has a very small population though everyone is proficient with magic. It's not uncommon for individuals to live almost 200 years either and Lern is actually 56 this year.

As far as his world's current condition is concerned the heartless have only recently been deemed problematic, though the dark tide is being held back for now at least. They considered the destruction of the world borders to be both disturbing and fortunate. After the council had convened it was decided that a team would be made to search for a more permenant solution to the heartless' incursions. Among those who scattered to other worlds was Lern.

Sword (Fighting): 0

Wand (Magic): 4

Shield (Defense): 3
Last edited by Sentios on Thu May 13, 2010 3:42 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Wizard Status. 5 more years

Postby Geomancer » Thu May 13, 2010 3:36 pm

I assume you meant 'Fire>Healing'

I like the fact that your world is one of the ones that is in the middle of fighting. Most of them so far have been destroyed. The world itself is also pretty interesting.

Looks good. Maybe you could have 'combo spells' because of your pure magic. That would be interesting.
Final Fantasy IX was the best Final Fantasy game ever and if you think otherwise you are WRONG!

GMancer

Postby Sentios » Thu May 13, 2010 3:41 pm

Geomancer wrote:I assume you meant 'Fire>Healing'

I like the fact that your world is one of the ones that is in the middle of fighting. Most of them so far have been destroyed. The world itself is also pretty interesting.

Looks good. Maybe you could have 'combo spells' because of your pure magic. That would be interesting.

Ah you know how it is, read what others are doing and try to do something a little different, no one was using 0s and like you said so many worlds were destroyed already. I think from a characterization standpoint this works better, a 'must save my world' rather than 'must avenge my world'.

Combo spells could prove interesting, also I should ask what spells you don't want me using right now. Obviously I'm not going to megaflare but just for the sake of clarity.
Last edited by Sentios on Thu May 13, 2010 3:50 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Wizard Status. 5 more years

Postby Redsnow » Thu May 13, 2010 3:42 pm

Digimonadvent wrote:
Geomancer wrote:Neither one of those sound particularly interesting either. Plus they don't really apply to the game.

I SEE!!!
Okay then.

Did you know that by using the power of darkness to the fullest extent, it will change the user's coloured eyes to gold?

At least that's how I remember it.

I'm just saying because on the front you didn't say anything about it.

That is partly incorrect. The darkening of skin and a shift of the irises to an amber color comes from being stained by the darkness' presence (i.e. the Corridor of Darkness and the Darkness inherent in space) after having been bathed in it for too long without protection.

EDIT: For the record, I was aware of this when making my character sheet and I have two plausible explanations handy just in case it's brought up in game.

Speaking of abilities, Geo, I was wondering if I could put this "limit break-esque" ability into my character's arsenal?

Nova - Sol isolates his aura completely into his weapon, stopping his other abilities, but giving him access to Shock for one strike, dealing devastating damage, before his aura returns to normal. Shield (defense) stat is decreased by 1 when attempting to strike with this attack.
Last edited by Redsnow on Thu May 13, 2010 9:15 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Postby Geomancer » Thu May 13, 2010 3:50 pm

@Sentios: Ok, since you are focusing mainly on magic, you get all the basics plus the -a. You can even use a 'aga spell but that takes a lot out of you.

@Red: What would be the conditions?

GMancer

Postby sam4books » Thu May 13, 2010 3:54 pm

----FIN----

Type: Disney

Name: Kea Bird or just “Kea” (A.K.A. “The Bird Who Tells the Half-Truth”, formally known as “The Bird Who Tells Only Lies”)

Appearance:

World/Game (Disney & Final Fantasy respectively): Wonderland

Weapon of Choice/Magical Abilities:

Weapon of Choice
Black Beak---- A gift given to Kea by the Dodo Bird of Wonderland, this is Kea’s primarily weapon other than his more natural forms of weaponry. The Black Beak holds the appearance of a walking can, but hidden inside its hallowness there lies a blade. The blade is thin and has one sharp point at the end, used mostly in a piercing fashion. Black Beak gets its name from its appearance, which has the head of a bird at the hooked end. Sometimes when Kea is not using the Black Bird’s blade he uses the hook as a grappling hook. It is useful to cling on to loose, high places, and swing to the enemy, or to swing down a clothesline to get to a faraway plane. Kea also uses the blunt end of the walking cane, to strike at a person’s head in order to knock them out, or strike at their feet. Kea carries this cane at all times, liking to make people think that it’s a normal, everyday cane until he whips out the blade it hides. He also enjoys using it to beat foolish people.

Strength Focus: Physical Attacks and Intelligence

Personality:
Kea is a lovable bird. He’s annoying to be sure, confusing to be sure, but still lovable. A lot of people are confused by his words and are even more confused by their meaning. Kea lives up to his Wonderland Title. Most of his words may seem like the truth, and you may very well thank they are the truth, but it must be remembered that everything the Kea Bird tells you is almost always the half truth. Like all Keas, “The Bird Who Tells the Half Truth” is rather an intelligent fellow who behaves like a gentleman with a large sense of social standing. In the past he was described as a manipulative fellow who told only lies, but ones that were so convincing people couldn’t help but believe them. He also had an eye out for shiny things, much like a crow or a raven. He STILL has an eye for shiny things and things with glamour. He simply won’t take anything less. This is part of the reason for him leaving Wonderland in favor of other worlds. He wanted to find treasures that were really out of the ordinary. Kea loves new things, with a curiosity that can rival that of Alice’s. He will find out as much about something as he could, even if it meant certain death. He will question others if he needs to. Questions directed towards him are often not wise. The only thing he’ll give you about him and his past are half-lies which are meant to confuse you rather than clear things up for you. If someone tells him something and doesn’t clearly want him to tell you such things, he will attempt to lead you around the truth in favor of something you would like to hear. But despite his adaptability towards manipulation there are ways to trick him into telling you the information you want to know. Either get him to give away the answer in the shape of a so called “half truth” or gain his trust. Kea has a big enough heart to fall for those he finds charming and even care for them as a good friend. If he happens to care for you there’s a good chance he would defend you until death.

…That is unless the other side offers a deal he can’t refuse, but there’s a good chance that won’t happen.

Background:
Back then, Kea was a liar and a thief. He was the third eldest son in a nest of Kea birds, and was named “Little Liar” by his nest mother. Later on the citizens of Wonderland came to know him as “The Bird Who Tells Only Lies”. His partner in crime was a prankster crow named Rook who was known for cheating during a chess game against the Queen of Hearts. Rook was the brains of the groups, while Kea was the actor. Rook would cleverly come up with ways to steal the best loot, and Kea would cover for Rook while the crow swiftly grabbed the treasure. They were a notorious duo, Rook and Kea, a problem for even the knight. Eventually the Queen of Hearts captured them into her palace’s chamber, and they were scheduled for execution.

The crows heard of their kin’s imprisonment, and their anger was kindled against the Queen of Hearts. The chief of the crow flock meet with the queen, and demanded she release Rook. Naturally the queen refused, and called for the beheading of the chief. This act angered the crow flock even more, and the chief’s son declared war on the Court of Hearts. In response to such declaration, the queen’s royal advisor suggested she kept Rook alive for bribery uses. In a fit of rage, the queen beheaded Rook. Feeling like he was next in line, Kea quickly gained relations with his jailer. By earning his trust, Kea hoped to gain a position in the Court of Hearts. On the day of his beheading, Kea convinced the queen to grant him a last word before she could behead him. In a charismatic speech he told the court he wished to aide them in the war against the crow army. He was lying of course (for he was still known as “The Bird Who Tells Only Lies”), the court suspected so, but the queen was swayed by his charismatic voice and agreed to relieve him of his sentence. Shocked but not wanting to anger their queen, the court reluctantly agreed, with a little reassurance that the Kea Bird had at least useful information on the crows. Kea was given command over a portion of the queen’s army.

“The Bird Who Tells Only Lies” proved to be an adept fighter, preferring flight over horse and his own beak over the sword and shield of the king. The crow chief’s son was shocked to see a former ally of the crows fighting against them, but never-the-less ordered his troops not to cease the war. Kea had slain crows right from left, even more than the king’s knight. In no time at all Kea earned even the favor of the queen, and earned jealousy from the queen’s court. They said he was planning something, what exactly he was plotting was up to debate, but there was agreement that perhaps he was going to avenge his friend and assassinate the queen. Meanwhile Kea continued to advance into crow territory. The chief’s son began to grow nervous by Kea’s advances, and called for aide from other crows in Wonderland. Unfortunately for the anxious crow, Kea had finally reached the walls of his fortress, with the terms of his surrender.

A treaty was signed that day. Kea wanted the crow flock to fly to his family’s land and build for themselves a new life over there. He told the chief’s son that Rook would not want his kin quarreling with the king for his sake, a lowly thief of all people! The Kea Birds and the Crows have had a peaceful relationship for over ten generations, and the relationship between the Crows and the Court of Hearts were strained even before the death of Rook. He also told them that he would go back to the court and convinced them the crows did not accept the terms of surrender, and he had slain them all and burned their nests. The crows half-heartedly agreed, choosing to trust the Kea Bird’s judgment. The crows escaped through a series of underground tunnels (where they were no doubt aided by moles) unknown to Kea’s army whom he told nothing of the plan to. He exited the fortress and informed his troops the crows did not indeed surrender and that they were to burn their nests. The army believed him, and did as they were ordered. Successfully the Court of Hearts was led to believe that the crow threat was done with. Successfully the crows were put under the wing of their kea allies and had avoided detection by the queen’s court. Back at the court Kea was revered as a hero, and was presented with his weapon of choice the Black Beak by none other than the Dodo Bird. On that day forth he was known as "The Bird Who Tells the Half Truth". This was a hint that the court had grown to trust him, but they didn't trust him fully yet. His life was then filled with riches and glamour, but deep within Kea’s heart he knew that he wanted more.

One day, Kea was strolling through the queen’s garden, enjoying the smell of red roses. But, while he was in the garden Wonderland was suddenly being attacked by a herd of Heartless. The White Rabbit was on his way to warn Kea of the attack, but found he was no longer in the garden. He had fallen through a barrier between the worlds.

Stats:

Sword---- 4
Magic---- 0
Shield---- 3

Theme: Modest Mouse – “Willful Suspension of Disbelief”

Notes:
Kea are known for their intelligence and curiosity, both vital to their survival in a harsh mountain environment. Kea can solve logical puzzles, such as pushing and pulling things in a certain order to get to food, and will work together to achieve a certain objective.

~Information on the Kea Bird and what it is.
~Examples of the Kea Bird’s intelligence.
~A good example of why Kea Birds are annoying.
Last edited by sam4books on Mon May 17, 2010 2:05 pm, edited 12 times in total.
Musicmac: "Sam4Books: Always ready to cheer things up with awesome art. Terms and Conditions apply."
In passing

Postby Redsnow » Thu May 13, 2010 4:04 pm

@Geo: That's just the thing, I'm not sure. He sure as hell can't go and pop it all the time, but from what I remember of my fights with other Final Fantasy characters, there doesn't seem to be any conditions that they have to fulfill - it's quite distressing. For now, what about an active cooldown-esque condition that limits him from using the ability every minute or so? I'm also open to an Overdrive-typed limit break that forces him to land 20 blows on his target before he can activate it. Whichever you think is more appropriate.

Postby Geomancer » Thu May 13, 2010 4:07 pm

@Sam: Looking good. I like the links at the bottom. They are pretty cool birds.

@Red: How about he has to first either A) Sustain a major injury or B) Sustain many moderate injuries

GMancer

Postby MQuinny1234 » Thu May 13, 2010 4:14 pm

Hmm...I'm thinking of a villian.

Any specific requirements Geo?
Image=
-"I'm sophisticated, charming, suave, and debonair, Professor. But I have never claimed to be civilized."
Reluctant Nailbiter

Postby Geomancer » Thu May 13, 2010 4:15 pm

Well, what kind of villain? Heartless, Nobody, Disney, or Original?

Although to tell you the truth, I don't think you have what it takes to be a villain.

Hey, numb, why don't you be a bard from Final Fantasy? There is no attacks but you can support the others with boosting songs.

GMancer

Postby Mastermind001 » Thu May 13, 2010 5:33 pm

Name: Lawrence Coil

Appearance:

Coil has a stream punk kind of look, but that’s due to the style of his world. On the top of his head is one of those late eighteenth century caps which in four quarters is sewn together like a modern baseball cap but with a brim turned up all around (often with the top edge of the brim shaped decoratively). The color of the cap is a dark brown while his hair color is a dirty blond and his eye color is an unnatural shade of lime green. He wears a dark tan long sleeve shirt that has patches of grease and dirt around the torso and arm areas and for pants. Coil wears a dark brown pair of pants that has two deep pocket in the front and two back pockets. Attached to his pants are black straps, which are normally on his shoulders. Coil even wears a dark brown button sweater vest that is half opened. He also wears black boots on his feet. For looks, Coil has the appearance of someone in mid-twenties and is sorta of a lanky fellow.

Weapon of Choice/Magical Abilities:

Weapon: Clockwork Yo-Yos

Coil weapon is four normal sized solid gold Yo-yos. Instead of using regular string, Coil's yoyos use golden chains and the plastic rings are actual rings with lime green colored gems. Hidden inside the yoyos are blades that could nearly slice anything and since the yoyos spin the blades spin much like how a blender’s blade spins. Now how the blade pops out and retracts is because Coil's yo-yos work much like a wind-up watch so whenever Coil tosses his a yoyo it instantly starts to tick and toc. So when the timer runs out the blade pop out only for a short moment then return inside. It requires perfect timing to use properly so its the perfect weapon for someone who is obsessed with time however whenever Coil appears he only uses one yoyo, but that depends on the opponent. If Coil’s uses more than one it means that enemy is pretty strong.

Dimensional Manipulation (Degen) :
To be clear, it can be the management of the forces that exist within the area/plane in a given environment that Coil happens to be in. What I mean bout the manipulation of an area/plane is pretty much Coil altering the forces of reality surrounding him, his allies, and enemies giving him teleporting abilities, which would let him teleport him or allies some where in a certain area or warping abilities, which would allow him to warp an enemy into a different plane of reality.

(12 times of use)-Teleportation:
Teleportation is basically a person moving from one place to a different place and it’s the same here except for a few minor differences. See Coil's version is pretty much the same thing as he is able to move from one place to another, but how it works is definitely different as he really uses the gravity forces around him to implode himself from one reality to another reality, which he dubbed it it white space. Within white space, Coil is able to move freely thus allowing him to evade a foe’s attack and since he is there temporary the enemy can’t see him until he is out. The drawback, is that white space is pretty much blank, which means in a way Coil is flying blind so to speak. Sure he can dodge an attack, but he can’t exactly use his teleportation ability to teleport right behind an attacking enemy unless said enemy is always standing still. Coil needs to see where he is going or at least have a good memory of the area he's in. So maps are very useful to Coil.

(5 times of use)-Save Spot:
It’s basically a ball of energy that Coil creates and leaves behind at an entrance to something. See within white space, Coil can only see nothing but blank, but the black ball of energy he left at a said entrance emits a special light that even Coil can see in a different plane of reality thus allowing him whenever he uses his teleport to move back to that said entrance. Unfortunately Coil can only create one ball of energy like this and only one at a time. So this is only used for escaping.

(8 times of use)-Degen Zero (or X-zone):
Degen Zero or X-zone as it could be called is somewhere Coil sends an enemy. This somewhere is actually on a different plane of reality from the one that Coil and allies are on. However, its not that different to our own as whatever is there Coil and allies can see and whatever is there can see Coil and allies. See the interesting thing about this ability is that whatever is there in the Degen or X-zone can not attack Coil or allies, but the same goes for Coil and his allies as they can’t attack whatever is there. because it’s on a different plane of reality. This is mostly used and recommended for stalling.

(16 times of use)-Degen One (or Y-zone):
Degen One or Y-zone, as it could be called is somewhere Coil sends a projectile. Much like Degen Zero or X-zone, it sends the projectile into a different plane of reality. How it works, Coil moves his hand in a circle, which creates a hole in reality . From there all Coil needs to do is let the projectile go right through the hole. This is mostly used for defensive purposes. However, it can have other uses like storage of items for example, because Coil can pull these stored items whenever he needs it.

(6 times of use)-Degen Two (or Z-zone):
Degen Two or Z-zone, as could be called is somewhere Coil uses to defend himself and to surprisingly attack. Within this different plane of reality, whatever goes in, actually comes right back out. For example if someone fired a fireball at Coil, all he needs to do is wave his hand in a circle creating another hole much like with Degen One and let the fireball enter the hole. As the Fireball enters, it shoots right back so Coil can redirect projectiles if he wished.

Strength Focus: MP

Brief description of Character:

Brief History:<Rest in PM>

Coil is a meddling mage and adventurer. He enjoys traveling to far away places with strange and unlikely cohorts on their 'mystery' airship. As long as their is an adventure, its likely Coil would join in to help out. However, being an adventurer doesn't always pay the bills so to speak. So on occasion, Coil be a merchant of certain goods. This is helpful to him as he gets to get clear out the stored items he possesses and sell them as exotic goods to different worlds. Currently, Coil has set up shop on Traverse Town.

Personality: At first or during the time, when would you first meet with Coil he would appear foolish and naive. A smile would always be present on his face and his forgiving attitude, you wouldn't believe he was a predator stalking his prey. He's always watching and waiting making little moves here and there. It's only when all the pieces of the puzzle are present that Coil will make a big move. However, this big move isn't a move for self gain its a more of a move to figure out something. In short, Coil is a good person just a little weird, he enjoys timing things and keep track of time.

Stats:

Sword (Fighting): 2

Wand (Magic): 3

Shield (Defense): 2
Last edited by Mastermind001 on Fri May 14, 2010 9:28 pm, edited 4 times in total.
"Fate smiles on the strange. So its a good thing, I'm the strangest of all." - William Livingstone, Cirque de la Nuit
More Robots

Postby Geomancer » Thu May 13, 2010 5:34 pm

@MM: Looks a bit complicated...

Also, your character description needs to be longer.

GMancer

Postby Unlimited » Thu May 13, 2010 5:52 pm

Empty.
Last edited by Unlimited on Thu May 27, 2010 5:42 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Memento mori

Postby Mastermind001 » Thu May 13, 2010 6:02 pm

@Geo: Sure, just give me some time to edit or so.

@Digi: Good for you.
"Fate smiles on the strange. So its a good thing, I'm the strangest of all." - William Livingstone, Cirque de la Nuit
More Robots

Postby Unlimited » Thu May 13, 2010 6:03 pm

Empty.
Memento mori

Postby Geomancer » Thu May 13, 2010 6:15 pm

Now now, no fighting.

GMancer

Postby sam4books » Thu May 13, 2010 6:29 pm

Hmmm....I'm debating whether I should give Kea some unique abilities like hypnotism or the power over wind OR leave him as just a cane-wielding gentleman.
Musicmac: "Sam4Books: Always ready to cheer things up with awesome art. Terms and Conditions apply."
In passing

Postby Geomancer » Thu May 13, 2010 6:31 pm

Why not just leave him as he is, give him a 0 in magic and make him a lightning-quick fighter?

GMancer

Postby sam4books » Thu May 13, 2010 6:32 pm

That would work since he's meant to be a quick fighter anyways.

EDIT: Added stats since I forgot to add them. Will work on the background and hopefully finish his picture tomorrow.
In passing

Postby ViviGlow » Thu May 13, 2010 6:43 pm

You're drawing his picture yourself?
I... am plotting something... he he he he...

Postby Geomancer » Thu May 13, 2010 6:44 pm

Alright... if Ro changes his character and sam finishes, we will have the needed 9.

Does anyone want me to hold on a bit to see if a better CS pops up?

GMancer

Postby sam4books » Thu May 13, 2010 6:45 pm

@Vivi: Yup. I do it for all my characters.

I just dislike using other people's artwork for my characters. And I feel that people better understand my character's appearances through artwork instead of me just describing it.

Plus, I'm not particularly good at describing appearances.
In passing

Postby Unlimited » Thu May 13, 2010 6:48 pm

Empty.
Memento mori

PreviousNext

Return to Role Playing