Kingdom Hearts RP v.3 *Dead*

As the title suggests, feel free to RP it up.

Moderators: Mod Squad, RP Mod Squad

Kingdom Hearts RP v.3 *Dead*

Postby Geomancer » Wed May 12, 2010 1:38 pm

Kingdom Hearts RP v.3: The Darkness Manifest

This RP is set in an alternate universe. It has the same basic rules as the universe in the Kingdom Hearts series but most of the characters are not present. Sora, Riku, Kairi, and the rest of the originals are not here but the Disney and final fantasy characters are still around.

The heartless have always been present but now they are becoming especially dangerous. The number of evolved (see below) heartless has increased drastically. In addition, the newer 'versions' of heartless have new, deadly abilities. Some of them have very specialized abilities. That led some sages in turn (including Merlin) to theorize that there is someone, or something, in the darkness that is capable of molding heartless deliberately. Whatever it is, it has to be stopped soon. They have already taken several worlds and the heroes on the other worlds cannot last too much longer without help.

In addition, a tragedy has occurred: the keymasters have been killed. All three of them were confronted by an especially powerful foe and were defeated. However, they managed not to lose their hearts to the darkness and thankfully did not become heartless. However, three new people need to find it within themselves to take up the keyblade. That means that anyone using a keyblade will be very new to it.

The last important part is that the pure mass of the heartless has broken barriers to worlds that should have never been connected. In game terms, that means that worlds that are like Disney worlds or other Squaresoft (not SquareEnix unless it fits the mold of the older Square games such as Final Fantasy XII) worlds have been connected. If you have a particular world in mind, either to visit or for you to come from, please PM me.

Example worlds: Threads of Fate, Legend of Mana, Ferngully.

The RPers will be a group of people who, for whatever reason, have banded together to defeat the coming darkness and the force behind it.

Kingdom Hearts basics:
Keyblade: a mystical weapon that chooses its owner and causes change wherever it goes. It can unlock or lock anything, even non-material things. When a keyblade wielder destroys a heartless, they release the heartless' heart. While others can destroy heartless, a new heartless will be created soon after. It takes the keyblade to actually reduced the total number of heartless. Although it is called a 'blade', different users have formed it into different weapons, ranging from spears to gloves to staves. If it not a 'true' keyblade, the image of a keyblade forms around the weapon when the 'key' part of the weapon is used.

Heartless: Dark creatures formed when someone loses their heart. The more powerful the person, the more powerful the heartless tends to be. Heartless tend to be mindless and will follow anyone who has enough power and a dark heart. If someone with more power appears, they will obey the new person's orders, even turning on their former masters. Heartless are generally not in a humanoid shape but there are exceptions....

Nobodies: Creatures caught between darkness and light, these things are the bodies of people who had a strong will and were turned into heartless. They are notably more powerful than the heartless but less numerous. The strongest keep their original shape. Unlike heartless, they are intelligent and can plan.

Organization XIII: A group of thirteen powerful Nobodies who have kept their human forms. They lead the nobodies but their goals are unclear...

Because Xemnas never existed in this universe, the 'artificial heartless' (that is, heartless that were created without hearts) never came to be. Instead, the heartless began to evolve, becoming stronger as time went on. The older a heartless got, the stronger it would become. The door to darkness still exists but it has remained open all this time.

People may travel in between worlds using a vehicle called a Gummi Ship. Worlds each have their own heart and if the heartless become too strong on a particular world, they consume a world's heart and the inhbitants either disappear or are cast off into a random world.

Example worlds(Aggrabah, Olympus Stadium, Beast's Castle, Halloween Town, etc)

Key Figures (Anyone listed here is unavailable):

Hades: Bad guy of Hercules' world. Runs the underdrom and continually plots to get rid of Hercules.

Merlin: Mage of unequaled skill. Currently is in Traverse town, doing some kind of research.

Cloud: Powerful warrior. Currently is trying to find and kill Sephiroth.

Tifa: Looking for Cloud (Someone with a big sword and spiky hair... spikier)

Aeris: Currently in traverse town, trying to help Cloud.

Leon: Currently in traverse town, trying to keep the heartless at bay and keep the peace.

Yuffie: Helping Leon

Places of Note:

Traverse Town: A town full of refugees who have lost their worlds to the Heartless.

End of the World: The home of the heartless and the location of the Door to Darkness

CS

Type: (Disney, Final Fantasy, Keyblade wielder, or original character)

((You can't be a villain!))

Name:

Appearance: (A picture is fine)

World/Game (Disney & Final Fantasy respectively):

Weapon of Choice/Magical Abilities:

Strength Focus: (EX: fire, physical attacks, HP, MP, Def, Agil etc)

Brief description of Character: (Their personality, a little bit of background, the reason they left their homeworld)

Keyblade Wielder:

Name:

Apperance:

Keyblade of Choice: (Name, appearance, and abilities)

Drive Form: (Only one and the form must have a large drawback. Also, pick something other than Valor, Wisdom, Master, and Final. EX Compassion Form, really good at healing spells but cannot directly attack and magic attacks have less power. A drive form takes about ten seconds to switch between. However, the user can switch between normal and drive freely.)

Dawn, dusk, or light?:

Brief description of Character: (Their personality, a little bit of background, the reason they left their homeworld)

Original Character (In addition to purely original characters, you can be a character from a final fantasy world, such as a viera or a bangaa or a... whatever Red XIII was or a golem from FF IX.):

Name:

Appearance:

Weapon of Choice/Magical Abilities:

You also need to add stats:
Everyone gets 7 points to allocate to three stats (0 min 4 max):

Sword (Fighting)

Wand (Magic)

Shield (Defense)

You can put a zero in any of them but this is what that zero will mean:

Sword: It'll take you several strikes to take down a single shadow

Magic: You can't cast spells or use magic attacks

Shield: Every single attack that isn't ridiculously easy to dodge will hit you

WARNING:

Only three keyblade wielders will be accepted. That's right, three. Dawn, Light, and Dusk. Only really good CSs will be accepted. If you don't feel like you're up to snuff, don't bother and create another CS. Posting 2 CSs is not allowed.

If you wish to be the darkness keyblade wielder or one of the Organization XIII, send me a PM and I'll think about it. You may also PM me if you wish to play the bad guys on Disney worlds. That means switching roles often since, as a general rule, they cannot leave their worlds.

Accepted list:
Only nine characters will be accepted for the hero team, 3 keyblade wielders and 6 others

Potential Accepted List (at the end of the sign-ups, I'll go through the list and pick those who I believe are the best)

ViviGlow- Damien Stroud
Redsnow- Solvan Jones
Nightreaper0513- Pyremius Gerra AKA Pyre

Nelo Angelo- Alucard Dismembra
Sentios- Lern
Aura- Ciel

IAmAlphaGeek- Furor Elogium
Ro Wong- Odin
Regalus- Gryrion Firebrand

Since you will be encountering many heartless and I'd like this to be cinematic, I will create a list of heartless here. If you are fighting them, take a look at the danger rating, then go out and bash in some heartless/nobody heads.

Danger chart:
*: These guys shouldn't even slow you down. Slash a few times and they are gone.

**: Not much of a challenge but in numbers they can do decent damage.

***: Most Heartless fall into this category. They can do some damage by themselves and some severe damage together but shouldn't be too difficult.

****: They guys are difficult to deal with and either have effective abilities or brute strength.

*****: These guys can deal a lot of damage. A pair of them can beat down a group of heroes in the right circumstances.

Enemy Listings:
Shadow (*): The most basic of heartless, Shadows are little humanoid... well... shadows that lack any abilities save being able to claw their enemies, numbers, and being able to sink into the shadows to avoid damage.

Soldier (**): Basically, shadows that walk upright and wear helmets. They can fight better than the shadows, using kicks and punches, but lack the ability to sink into the shadows. Close their helmets to cause them to walk around in an amusing manner.

Bombs (*): These small, red heartless latch onto the enemy and explode. It doesn't do that much. However, if ten of them latch onto something, they can produce a giant explosion, much more dangerous than the ten explosions that would have created individually.

Wheelers (***): Generally only found between worlds, these heartless look like a bar pushed through a wheel, like an axle. At each end of the bar is an eye. The wheel is covered in holes and spins rapidly. When they attack, they spin around even as the wheel continues to spin, sending shots flying every which way.

Battleships (*****): Only found between worlds. These heartless are huge and are used as transport for other heartless in addition to being powerful on their own. They produce demi-heartless in the form of cannon shells which have just enough sentience to lock on to a target and follow it. Destroying one of these beasts is extremely difficult. There are three different areas that must be destroyed (the rudder, the helm, and the mast) before the ship is truly vulnerable.

Ants (**): These heartless don't move that fast and their bite isn't that powerful. The one thing that you know about ant heartless is that there is one, there are more around. They tend to swarm enemies and devour them, making their danger rating higher than normally indicated.

I'll include the bosses as a bonus but I will be directly controlling these ones.

Bosses:

Guardian: A huge, horse-like heartless with a horn on the end of its face. It is armored as well. It doesn't have any special attacks but it is incredibly strong and much more agile than it looks. It is also capable of making amazing leaps in any direction.
Last edited by Geomancer on Sat Oct 16, 2010 4:32 pm, edited 22 times in total.
Final Fantasy IX was the best Final Fantasy game ever and if you think otherwise you are WRONG!

My fanfiction account. Comments and criticisms are very welcome.
GMancer

Re: Kingdom Hearts RP v.3: The Darkness Manifest OOC

Postby BG07 » Wed May 12, 2010 2:02 pm

I'd like to reprise my role of that villain I made the last few times if that's alright with you Geo.

Postby Geomancer » Wed May 12, 2010 2:10 pm

BG07 wrote:I'd like to reprise my role of that villain I made the last few times if that's alright with you Geo.

I can't quite remember him so send me a PM. I do remember the generalities, though. As a villian, there are also some things you have to know. We'll talk over PMs.
Final Fantasy IX was the best Final Fantasy game ever and if you think otherwise you are WRONG!

GMancer

Postby Gigafist » Wed May 12, 2010 2:45 pm

I'll give this a shot. CS up soon.

Postby numbuhAsharp » Wed May 12, 2010 2:52 pm

Last edited by numbuhAsharp on Fri May 14, 2010 2:08 pm, edited 5 times in total.
I am the terror that flaps in the night. I'm the weirdo who sits next to you on the bus. I AM -SPLASH- ssoaked.

Postby Geomancer » Wed May 12, 2010 2:54 pm

Huh?

Ok, first things first, no, he cannot be a heartless. Heartless, as a general rule, are mindless. You cannot be one. If there is an intelligent heartless, it would be a very special case and one that would have to be carefully considered in the hands of a player.

Two: Your CS isn't much sense to me. He has drums that are gauntlets? And why does he have four extra arms?

GMancer

Postby MQuinny1234 » Wed May 12, 2010 2:58 pm

Name: Skulcrack Thanatos.

Appearance: Pure AwesomenessHe's six foot, six. Quite a slim build, obviously and casts no shadow.

World: Halloween town

Weapon of choice/Magical abilities: Bone manipulation, superhuman durability, strength and reflexes and pathfinding.

Personality: He's mildly crazy and a bit of a comedic sociopath. He is sarcastic and can be a Deadpan snarker as well. He likes to expirement a lot to see what happens, which is partly how he became a skeleton in the first place. He is mildly random and is a bit...childlike, which is often confused with stupidity due to the fact he's mildly perverted as well, this is rarely shown. He likes to have fun and party, he's a joker and can always be relied upon to try anything with a friend, very loyal. He does have...a dark side which shows up on very rare occasions, in which case he'll tend to become more twisted then he normally is and a hell of a lot more powerful. Normally he'll calm down before he gets too...evil, but he may need some help returning to normal if he goes to far, like knocking him out. He is a hard man to keep down too.

History: Migrated there from his own world when he died in his own. He woke up in Halloween town as a skeleton detective, started an agency and worked from there. He often hunted down rogue monsters, kept the peace, solved crimes for a few of the other worlds but preferred to live in Halloween Town; he says he found it “cheerful and lively.” Plus it was one of the few places he actually fitted in.

Fighting: 4

Magic: 1

Defence: 2

I#ll probably need to add more, so just give the word.
Last edited by MQuinny1234 on Thu May 13, 2010 3:39 pm, edited 3 times in total.
Image=
-"I'm sophisticated, charming, suave, and debonair, Professor. But I have never claimed to be civilized."
Reluctant Nailbiter

Postby Geomancer » Wed May 12, 2010 3:01 pm

@MQu: More appearance
NO invincibility
Why does he have a pistol?
Why does he have elemental powers?

GMancer

Postby Unlimited » Wed May 12, 2010 3:07 pm

Empty.
Last edited by Unlimited on Thu May 27, 2010 5:38 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Memento mori

Postby Geomancer » Wed May 12, 2010 3:09 pm

For some reason I detect you are a fan of KH, Digi. Maybe it is my latent psychic powers. Or maybe it is the seven keyblades in your signature.

GMancer

Postby Unlimited » Wed May 12, 2010 3:13 pm

Empty.
Last edited by Unlimited on Thu May 27, 2010 5:38 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Memento mori

Postby sam4books » Wed May 12, 2010 4:09 pm

I may join this, if only because I'm a Disney fan.

Question: Can our character be something not necessarily in the Disney movies, but still be a part of the individual world?

~If So----Can it be an anti-hero (not a villain, but not not necessarily a hero either)?

~If Not----I call Mad Hatter.

Also, when will the sign ups end? Because it may take a while for me to finish my CS....or not.
Musicmac: "Sam4Books: Always ready to cheer things up with awesome art. Terms and Conditions apply."
In passing

Postby Karo » Wed May 12, 2010 4:22 pm

Oh, you know I'm coming back for this. CS to be up shortly.
Zath: Behold, Karo: The only woman in existence who can make Fenix shut the fuck up.
Redsnow: That, and, frankly, if Karo doesn't like you that much, your character is probably going to die soon after his acceptance anyway.
Keiran: Bad RPs don't get picked, unmemberable RPs get ignored.
Zelosse: I don't usually laugh at blatant attitude, but when I do. It usually involves Karo.

Postby Geomancer » Wed May 12, 2010 4:40 pm

sam4books wrote:I may join this, if only because I'm a Disney fan.

Question: Can our character be something not necessarily in the Disney movies, but still be a part of the individual world?

~If So----Can it be an anti-hero (not a villain, but not not necessarily a hero either)?

~If Not----I call Mad Hatter.

Also, when will the sign ups end? Because it may take a while for me to finish my CS....or not.

Yes
Yes, well, depending on who you want to be
Eventually

GMancer

Postby sam4books » Wed May 12, 2010 4:43 pm

Alright. *begins rummaging through her list of possible characters*

I should have a CS up soon.
Musicmac: "Sam4Books: Always ready to cheer things up with awesome art. Terms and Conditions apply."
In passing

Postby MQuinny1234 » Wed May 12, 2010 4:59 pm

Geomancer wrote:@MQu: More appearance

Whoops, mistake in the link.

Geomancer wrote:Why does he have a pistol?
Why does he have elemental powers?

Why not?
Besides, the guy I'm basing the CS on use's elemental powers. I can lose the pistol though.
Image=
-"I'm sophisticated, charming, suave, and debonair, Professor. But I have never claimed to be civilized."
Reluctant Nailbiter

Postby Geomancer » Wed May 12, 2010 5:01 pm

Alright, now the pistol makes sense. But limit the elemental magic to fire. It needs to fit him correctly. And why is he fighting the heartless away from his world?

GMancer

Postby MQuinny1234 » Wed May 12, 2010 5:02 pm

Just fire...Nah.

I'll try something else, gimme a while.
Image=
Reluctant Nailbiter

Postby Unlimited » Wed May 12, 2010 5:02 pm

Empty.
Last edited by Unlimited on Thu May 27, 2010 5:39 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Memento mori

Postby MQuinny1234 » Wed May 12, 2010 5:04 pm

The gun I had in mind, isn't an ordinary gun.

Mainly because it shoots flammable exploding bullets basically. The fire element would have kicked in BIG time.
Image=
Reluctant Nailbiter

Postby Nelo Angelo » Wed May 12, 2010 5:42 pm

I'd like to make a cs, but one question. Can I be a villain?

You think your evil? You want to see real evil? Then allow me to educate you...

Postby Geomancer » Wed May 12, 2010 6:01 pm

Unless you mean a Disney villain (in which case you'll need to play several of them) or an organization member (in which case you need to PM me with your CS), no.

And I've already got two bad guys played by RPers, I need some good guys too.

GMancer

Postby ViviGlow » Wed May 12, 2010 6:16 pm

Name: Damien Stroud

Apperance: http://i566.photobucket.com/albums/ss10 ... -boy-1.jpg Fairly skinny and a bit shorter than average for his age dresses casually in shirts and shorts most of the time.

Keyblade of Choice: Vaslav Nijinsky – http://i268.photobucket.com/albums/jj38 ... nebrex.jpg It has the ability to shoot the fins from the top half like flying daggers, they grow back very quickly after one has been shot off.

Drive Form: Dancing Daggers – The chain falls off from it and then his whole body starts to glow bright yellow and veins of shifting rainbow colours spread across him from his hands across his clothes and skin covering all his arms and slightly over his shoulders, the fins then sprout sky blue wings and float at his sides then allowing him to control their movements with only his mind instead of just shooting in a straight line, he has a limit of ten able to have flying around. The downside to this form is that the more of them he has flying about the more vulnerable he becomes, with all ten flying about he would go down in one hit.

Dawn, dusk, or light?: Light

Strength Focus: Speed and Agility, he can move around incredibly fast and nimbly, dodging, ducking and slashing through his enemies with ease tending to avoid hits rather than directly block them.

Brief description of Character: Damien is generally quite relaxed and is a kind guy who tries to help people when he can though has no problems fighting when he needs to either. He comes from Terchekem, a world made out of thousands of islands scattered in a constant ocean he was the son of a fisher and became quite used to the usage of a dagger whilst handling fish, mainly for the gutting of them but since it was one of his main chores he just kept the knife and played with it like a toy in his free time.

He was forced from his home world but it was not an instant process, it began a few weeks before he was eventually lost, just one day beginning with slightly larger waves then normal... then a bit bigger... then they felt a small tremor, nothing that would seem to be concerning, but it got bigger and stronger, the waves taller and more powerful with each passing day. The day finally came when a huge earthquake split his home island in half and following that a humongous tidal wave crashed onto the island washing away the plants, the houses... the people... he was swept through the water and despite the skill of his swimming he fell unconscious left drifting through the endless waves...

Sword (Fighting): 2

Wand (Magic): 1

Shield (Defense): 4
Last edited by ViviGlow on Thu May 13, 2010 7:18 pm, edited 2 times in total.
I... am plotting something... he he he he...

Postby Nelo Angelo » Wed May 12, 2010 6:31 pm

Hmm, ok. Can I have a good person then that can manipulate darkness, similair to Riku?

You think your evil? You want to see real evil? Then allow me to educate you...

Postby Geomancer » Wed May 12, 2010 6:33 pm

Hmm... sure.

There is, of course, a difference between darkness and evil.

GMancer

Next

Return to Role Playing