The Willow Tree / Ode to Friends(Poetry)

Fan-fiction, short stories, screenplays, poems -- anything text-based really belongs here.

Moderator: Mod Squad

The Willow Tree / Ode to Friends(Poetry)

Postby Harmonixer » Sun Jun 05, 2005 1:16 am

First one's emo, yes, but it was also written about a year ago when my whole world came crashing down. Second one was written about a week and a half later, after friends helped me out.

The Willow Tree

His nerves are shot now. This is all he's got left now. His poetry. It's the only release he can seem to find. He knew love once, but now it is gone, blown up in his face. It's time to roll the dice! But will this suffice to decide for him? Will he live or will he die, destined to fly among the angels in heaven above? At the sight of a white dove, he is at peace. He goes on living, singing:

"My love is gone, carried away
by the wind that shakes the willows."

His childhood is no more as the wind blows away the ashes. The unobtainable green light at the end of the opposite dock glows, forever mocking him. Almost nothing could save his emotions. He looks out over the ocean. He wishes on a dream that seems far off, hoping it will come today. As into the starlit night he gazes, he wishes on a shooting star. He walks down the road of life, knowing he is alone. Fate continues to deal him a cruel hand as he is going through the motions. His life was flowing like a wave before it crashed upton the jagged rocks of despair. The light on the dock is closer now, yet he is pulled away. He is destined to stay in the dark. Another came along, toying with him. He jumped like a cat to fulfill her wants, and all was fine till she crushed him. The dice fly, yet he is not ordained to die. Not yet. He goes on living, singing:

His life is now a search for escape. Society has mentally raped him for the last time. "There's some delight in ale and wine, and some in girls with ankles fine, but my delight, yes always mine, is to dance with Jak O' the Shadows." Society deals him blows until he finds the razor blade. Life fades from his eyes as he falls back on his death bed. With his last breaths he sings:

His hand falls limp and his desire for peace is fed. The green light is his...the willow is dead.

Ode to Friends

To be the last one left, bereft of those you love. It is the worst feeling. My mind is reeling from this shit. A few more hits and I'll be gone, away from you all. If you need me, I'll be falling down the continuous spiral into oblivion.

I am alone. Why is everybody gone?

I knew it all along, that they would leave me. Could they not see the consequences of their doings? They all seem to be going....leaving me one by one. It is truly the loneliest number, knowing you are the only member of your society. Belonging does not seem to be a propriety for these people, always longing to be alone.

I am lost...where am I?

Am I never to find an answer? No divine force seems to intervene. There is no reading between the lines. The answer is laid out--the debt has been paid in blood. The flood of sorrow is overtaking me. I suppose my demise was meant to be. Goodbye.

I am found...thank you.

I find that I cannot do the seemingly inevitable. My friends have turned the table, and brought me back from the brink. I've had time to think now. I should be bowing down to them. I owe them my lives, and for that I am gracious...thank you.

-Awaits the emo flaming, or nice constructive criticism...whichever comes first-

Postby Cole » Sun Jun 05, 2005 2:01 am

Ellipsis Dots:

* Never begin a sentence with ellipsis dots or a lower-case letter.
* If you use a quotation in the middle of your sentence, make the quotation's first word lower-case.
* Use ellipsis dots to omit words and to take out punctuation you no longer need.
* Do not use ellipsis dots with obviously incomplete sentences.
* When an ellipsis ends a sentence, use both ellipsis dots and a period (i.e., 4 dots), with all of them inside the quotation marks.
I am what you think I am. My reality is irrelevant.
Warning: My Misogynism level two has upgraded to Misanthropy level four.

Re: The Willow Tree / Ode to Friends(Poetry)

Postby Cascade » Sun Jun 05, 2005 2:23 am

I don't think these poems are very good, sorry.
Everything is put out in plain words like a short story, but there's nothing original or clever about either the wording or the message.
FUKKATSU

Postby Deena » Sun Jun 05, 2005 2:35 am

I would consider this to be prose rather than poetry. In poems, the language is required to be elevated, and each word has to be right for its place and placed properly.

In prose, you can just write whatever.XD This seems very freeform.^.^

It's okay, though, don't get me wrong.^.^

Re: The Willow Tree / Ode to Friends(Poetry)

Postby Cascade » Sun Jun 05, 2005 3:20 am

Society has mentally raped him for the last time

I don't want to be unduely harsh, but even if you were emo, what the heck were you thinking?
FUKKATSU

Return to Literature