Doctor Who - Defenders of Earth (OOC) ~*Dead*~

As the title suggests, feel free to RP it up.

Moderators: RP Mod Squad, Mod Squad

Re: Doctor Who - Defenders of Earth (OOC) |Sign-ups Open|

Postby Doctress Who » Sun Feb 14, 2010 6:10 am

And done! IC is up!

Allons-y!
Last edited by Doctress Who on Sun Feb 14, 2010 6:36 am, edited 1 time in total.
Hiryu: Doc's bag is a portal. She's actually from another dimension and when she jumped into it, she ended up at a desk with a browser open on this site. That's how she found it.
We have a Doctor Who thread now. Doctor Who threads are cool.
Time Lady

Postby Happy Little Gekko » Sun Feb 14, 2010 6:12 am

I just realised my CS says tha Harold has a large at. I mean large hat! cowboy
Small little creatre hyped up on red bull, will take over world... or explode on impact
!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Postby Doctress Who » Sun Feb 14, 2010 8:14 am

@aj_gatsz: Can't...stop...laughing!
Especially since Jack won't be going anywhere just yet...

@Archrival: You do realise The Doctor told them how to contact him back, right? He gave them a code which would work the same way as a phone number/ email adress. (It's explained in the intro in the OOC).
Hiryu: Doc's bag is a portal. She's actually from another dimension and when she jumped into it, she ended up at a desk with a browser open on this site. That's how she found it.
Time Lady

Postby aj_gatsz » Sun Feb 14, 2010 8:30 am

Well... I'm playing Mass Effect 2... it has some effect on me:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EpPeA01Mw30

Postby Archrival » Sun Feb 14, 2010 8:30 am

James was unconcious for that part if it was right near the beginning.
SUPPPAAAHHH

Postby Doctress Who » Sun Feb 14, 2010 8:38 am

@aj_gatsz: Ah i see.
@Archrival: He would have said it near the end of his message. Also, how is the Doctor going to know whether James got his message if he's unable to reply? He should have heard how to send the message.
Time Lady

Postby Archrival » Sun Feb 14, 2010 8:54 am

Well I was expecting something big to happen "Unless something monumental happens", bump into a Torchwood member and get them to do it with him. Plan worthy of my own genius.
SUPPPAAAHHH

Postby Doctress Who » Sun Feb 14, 2010 8:59 am

Ah, right. Hadn't exactly planned for that, but I could make it work. I planned to have Martha, Mickey and Captain Jack in that area, so...I'll see what I can do.

But if you're thinking an NPC is going to do all the work for you, you are going to be so wrong :P
Time Lady

Postby Archrival » Sun Feb 14, 2010 9:03 am

Martha would be a good one, seen as James took her position on staff.
SUPPPAAAHHH

Postby Doctress Who » Sun Feb 14, 2010 9:07 am

Noted. I had a little back-story ready for Martha and Mickey to bump into your character at the hospital anyway, but I was planning it to be later down the line. Nothing wrong with planning it a little head of schedule, I guess. :)
Time Lady

Postby Archrival » Sun Feb 14, 2010 9:12 am

Totally but I'm now very scared for which monster(s) you've got hunting me down.
SUPPPAAAHHH

Postby Doctress Who » Sun Feb 14, 2010 11:06 am

Haha... :twisted:

Made a post for Mickey and Martha, mainly for your benefit, Arch (I still need to write Mickey's CS, I'm working on it).
As for everyone else, just carry on with your replies to the Doctor. The Doctor's next post will come after everyone's made their post.
Time Lady

Postby sam4books » Sun Feb 14, 2010 1:52 pm

I shall try and have a post out soon. Still determining how Mini would recieve the message. Debating weither it should be at while joggingrunning, or while at homethe barracks (turns out she wouldn't have a home since she isn't married, you learn something new everyday).
Musicmac: "Sam4Books: Always ready to cheer things up with awesome art. Terms and Conditions apply."
In passing

Postby Doctress Who » Sun Feb 14, 2010 5:15 pm

Sam, your post was spot on for someone who's never met or heard of the Doctor - not to mention some one who doesn't really believe in aliens. That felt like just right impression when I read it over - have a cookie! :D
Time Lady

Postby sam4books » Sun Feb 14, 2010 5:17 pm

Yay! *munches on the cookie happily*
Musicmac: "Sam4Books: Always ready to cheer things up with awesome art. Terms and Conditions apply."
In passing

Postby CrystalynnJade » Mon Feb 15, 2010 12:54 am

Ugg first time I tried to post my computer decided to die just as I was looking at the preview of it... Oh well I still think it turned out ok...

Postby Doctress Who » Mon Feb 15, 2010 6:22 am

Looks fine Crystalynn - And I love Ivy's grandma XD
Time Lady

Postby Mastermind001 » Mon Feb 15, 2010 10:02 am

Hmmm, I'm thinking car chase for mine.
"Fate smiles on the strange. So its a good thing, I'm the strangest of all." - William Livingstone, Cirque de la Nuit
More Robots

Postby Doctress Who » Mon Feb 15, 2010 10:15 am

A car chase? That would be interesting..

EDIT: Finally got Mickey Smith's CS done.

NPC

Name: Mickey Smith
Age: Hard to work out Mickey’s age because of his time in a parallel world (where time seems to run ahead compared to ours) – roughly he’d be about 29-early thirties.
Species/Race: Human
Current Location: Royal Hope Hospital, London
Organisation: Free-lance
Former Doctor’s Companion
Former member of the ‘Preachers’ (An underground organisation in a parallel world, which opposed the Cybermen.)
Former member of Torchwood (In a parallel world)
Appearance: Image (Only without so much stubble and without the hat)
Personality:
“Name’s Mickey. Mickey Smith – Defending the Earth.”
Mickey has changed a lot – probably the most over his time involved with the Doctor’s adventures. He started out as Rose Tyler’s pathetic but loveable clingy boyfriend. He and the Doctor didn’t like each other – Mickey was jealous, feeling like the Doctor was stealing his girlfriend away from him, and the Doctor thought Mickey was an idiot. Literally. The Doctor even nick named him “Mickey the idiot” – much to Mickey’s annoyance. However somewhere along the line, he took a serious level in badass. His stint in a parallel Torchwood obviously did a lot of character-building. He is now a lot braver, fiercer, tougher, ready for anything. Fighting aliens is his life now – he couldn’t imagine doing anything else. Yet despite his strong change in personality, some things never change. He carried on waiting for Rose to come back to him for years, before he finally got the message that there was nothing left in their relationship…Rose loved the Doctor more than she loved him. He’s since moved on…but who would’ve guessed he and Martha would get together?
*Weapons/Gadgets/Tech: Mickey doesn’t carry anything in particular – at least nothing that he has on him regularly. He’s been seen carrying various guns and weapons during his adventures, depending on the situation at hand. His favourite and most-used weapon has to be a ‘Preachers Gun’ – a large energy weapon specifically designed to destroy Cybus Cybermen with one blast.
Talents/Skills:
Mickey’s good with computers – specifically, computer hacking. The first time he saved the world, he did so by hacking into UNIT, and launching a missile at number 10 Downing street (crazy, huh?) His computer skills have since come in handy on a number of occasions.
No doubt having spent some time in Torchwood, Mickey’s picked up a few other skills too…he’s had plenty of experience fighting the Cybus Cybermen.
Faults/Weakness:
Mickey’s main fault used to be cowardice – however since his encounters with aliens and Cybermen, he seems to have overcome that.
Tends to be either too clingy or over protective (not nearly so much the former since he took a level in badass, but the fault is still there). And he is still prone to jealousy.
Not to mention, although he has got better and braver – the Doctor still considers him to be a bit of an idiot. And often he gets teased at by his peers (particularly Captain Jack).
Background: Mickey was Rose Tyler’s boyfriend. When Rose started travelling with the Doctor (during his ninth incarnation), he wasn’t keen. He was terrified of aliens; all he wanted was for things to go back to normal – and he saw the Doctor as a threat to his relationship with Rose (And he turned out to be right). However, it wasn’t long before Mickey got involved in the Doctor and Rose’s adventures – he’s saved the world, travelled in the TARDIS…even met himself in a parallel world. However, during one adventure being stuck with K-9, he realised with dread that he was ‘the tin dog’ – the tag-along, the sidekick that no one really needed.
But clearly he set out to change all that – he chose to join Torchwood in a parallel world, and the next time Mickey and the Doctor met, Mickey had changed…a lot. Tougher, rougher, and much braver. Mickey has since helped the Doctor during ‘Journey’s End’, playing much more of a ‘hero’ role. He’s battled with both Cybermen and Daleks and lived to tell the tale.
No one can compare Mickey to a tin dog. Not anymore…
Having moved on from Rose for good, he now has a steady relationship with Martha Jones. He convinced her to quit UNIT and go freelance with him, and the two have been together ever since.
*Theme:
Theme: (I can’t believe Mickey doesn’t have an official theme D:)
Time Lady

Postby MQuinny1234 » Tue Feb 16, 2010 4:41 pm

There's my post Doc.
Image=
-"I'm sophisticated, charming, suave, and debonair, Professor. But I have never claimed to be civilized."
Reluctant Nailbiter

Postby Doctress Who » Tue Feb 16, 2010 4:49 pm

That's great MQuinn :) thanks.

Just waiting for Mastermind to post now, and then I can get the next post up.

EDIT...Right then, next post is on it's way.

And Archrival's character wasn't included because he hasn't replied to the Doctor's message yet! :P He misses out on the introductions now because James chose not to listen to the message properly. Told you, the choices you make affect what happens to your characters ;D But he has Martha and Mickey now instead.
Time Lady

Postby Archrival » Thu Feb 18, 2010 5:04 pm

Lol Replied anways.
<<Very sneaky.
SUPPPAAAHHH

Postby Doctress Who » Thu Feb 18, 2010 5:08 pm

Hmm, very sneaky...*tuts*
He'll have to wait for the next post for the Doctor's reply to his reply, but he got in there...just ;)
Time Lady

Postby aj_gatsz » Thu Feb 18, 2010 5:15 pm

Would he really be pissed if I would keep calling him Professor? :)

Postby Doctress Who » Thu Feb 18, 2010 5:28 pm

I think if he can put up with Donna yelling down his ear and calling him 'spaceman' and 'dumbo', he can certainly put up with being called professor :) You know Ten, he likes to act stern, but usually deep down he's ok with it. If it was the Ninth doctor he'd said 'professor' to, then yeah, in that incarnation he would get pissed off :D
Time Lady

PreviousNext

Return to Role Playing