Doctor Who - Defenders of Earth (OOC) ~*Dead*~

As the title suggests, feel free to RP it up.

Moderators: RP Mod Squad, Mod Squad

Doctor Who - Defenders of Earth (OOC) ~*Dead*~

Postby Doctress Who » Mon Feb 01, 2010 1:51 pm

Votes for this RP: Archrival, sam4books, MQuinny1234 and Lemon.

This has more details than the version of this shown in the Ideas Board, so read through it before you post.

Off we go then...Allons-y!

Doctor Who – Defenders of Earth

>>>...Recipients located…<<<
>>>…Subwave network fully operational…<<<
>>>…Transmitting in…3 …2…1…0<<<

“Hello there, sorry to barge in like this! Please don’t adjust your screen or walk away, there’s no cause for alarm. I’ve probably just hijacked your TV screen, computer, or communications device through a rather clever system a friend of mine set up, called the Subwave network – which I’ve just fixed and improved on with the help of this [holds up a metallic pen-like device with a glowing blue tip]. Yeah, sorry about that. Hope I didn’t interrupt anything important.

Anyway, to cut a long story short, I’m the Doctor…And this is going to sound odd, but I need your help…”

The Story/Set up

It’s Earth, present day. You are going about your ordinary life, when something unusual happens. A man with brown messy hair and wearing a brown pin-stripe suit appears on the screen of your TV, computer, or any other electronic device with speakers that you happen to have. As surprised as you might be to have a strange man suddenly appear on your screen, and as crazy as it sounds, you find yourself listening to what he’s telling you.

The man explains that his name is the Doctor. He’s a traveller, he travels through time and space, and he’s seen things you can’t even begin to imagine. He’s not human – he is from an ancient race known as the Time lords – more specifically he’s the last of the Time lords. His home planet and all his people were wiped out during the Great Time War – a war in which his people fought against a race called the Daleks…and lost. Everyone lost.

But that’s not important now, he tells you. Your world is in danger; your very existence is in danger. That theory about parallel words? That’s all true. There are worlds parallel to yours – and in between the different worlds is something called ‘The Void’. The Void is, well, a void – it is a place of nothingness, nothing can exist in there. It acts as a wall between the different worlds, keeping them separate from each other. But the Doctor has reason to believe there might be something out there in the void, beyond your or his comprehension…something that is trying to break through the void and into this world. He doesn’t know what it is or what it’s capable of. But if it’s powerful enough to break through the walls of reality, and break out of the void, then it can’t be good news. And that’s not all. Whatever that thing it is, it’s doing damage. Holes are appearing in the fabric of reality, and rifts in time and space are becoming more common, more active…other life forms are slipping through from one world to the next. Some of them are harmless – but some of them want nothing better than to destroy and conquer over all.

Normally the Doctor would be out there, trying to sort this mess out. However he has some problems of his own. It appears someone or something doesn’t want him interfering, because he’s been teleported to an unknown location and held prisoner (which seems to happen to him quite a lot, actually).

And this is where you come in. He can handle whatever problems he faces from his mysterious captors – but in the meantime someone needs to defend the Earth (and indeed the universe) from whatever sinister forces the void is letting through.

But how can you help? You don’t know anything about these creatures or how to stop them, surely? And why you? Why has this ‘Doctor’, whoever he is, decided to give you this responsibility?

It’s almost as if the Doctor can hear you, because the next thing he says is this: Sometime, in your future, something inexplicable is going to happen. You’re going to meet a man, just like him, called the Doctor, and you are going to help him defeat and fight whatever alien threat is at hand. And some of you may even get the chance to travel with him for a while. That’s why he knows you’re capable of this task. Because he’s seen what you can do, in your future…“And you’re brilliant,” he tells you with a grin. Even if you’re not sure of yourself, the Doctor is. Of course, you might already be certain you can do this. You might have done battle with aliens before. In which case, good on you! He knows he can count on each and everyone of you – oh yes, don’t worry, you’re not alone. The Doctor has sent this message out to quite a number of ‘future companions’…and some past companions too. The more help, the better.

Don’t worry about the details for now, the Doctor adds. He’ll be sending you more information soon. For now he gives you the code for the Sub wave network – all you need to do is use that code like you would with an email address or phone number, and it will put you through to him.

“So what d’you think? Are you up for it?” the Doctor finally asks you, looking directly into the screen, as if he can see you. “'Cause if you are then I should warn you, you're gonna see all sorts of things. It won’t be quiet, it won’t be safe and it won’t be calm. But I tell you what it will be...A trip of a lifetime! Because you might see anything. You could find new worlds, terrifying monsters, impossible things. And if you reply to this message...

Nothing will ever be the same again.”

>>>…End of Transmission…<<<

About the RP

Well, you’ve probably guessed it. This is a Doctor Who style RP, based on the Sci-fi Tv series. (This RP is predictable coming from me, I know, but hey…)
I don’t know how many people are interested in Dr Who, but that’s why I’m posting this on the ideas board - to find out.

As the story suggests, this is an RP where you (yes you), get the chance to help out the Doctor and become his companion (or Ally). You'll be working with the Doctor's former companions, as well as the likes of Torchwood, in order to defend the Earth. OC’s who haven’t met the Doctor before the RP starts are highly encouraged, so this will be good for people who are not completely familiar with the show to join in too, since you as the Roleplayer will get a chance to learn about the Doctor who universe at the same time your character learns about it. Obviously, it will still help if you know a bit about Dr Who first =P

Hang on, the Doctor who Universe is huge! How do you plan to fit it into a manageable RP?

It’s an RP based within the confinements of the New revived series. That covers the series from the Ninth Doctor all the way up to the present. The spin-off show ‘Torchwood’ will also be reasonably involved (at least it will be to start off with); however Doctor Who will still remain the central focus.
- Since the Doctor Who universe is so massively huge, this RP will be restricted to the New series only. I might put in a few ‘guest star NPCs’ from the classic series if I feel like it, but for the moment, it’s strictly the Christopher Eccleston- David Tennant Era of Dr Who only. Just to keep things more simple and understandable.

Also, although this RP is based on the Tv show, I will be making some minor changes for the convenience of the RP. So if you know the Tv show well, don’t be surprised if during the Rp you find yourself thinking ‘hang on, that shouldn’t be there’, ‘What happened to that? That wasn’t in the Tv show’ or ‘Isn’t that character supposed to be dead at the time this RP is set?’ – it’s not going to be without good reason, usually this will be to make the RP more interesting, add a few more twists, or just to make things more simple/convenient.

Setting

- This RP is set (for the characters that are playing), in the present day, and all players will start the RP somewhere on Earth, present day. Again, this is just so as not to over complicate things – the element of Time-travel in this RP is going to be severely restricted for this reason as well. (Although time travel will still exist in there.)

- Of course, the characters have to meet up at some point – and there will be certain locations they will travel to in order for this to happen. Typically this will be either Cardiff, in Wales, or London, in England. (You have the BBC to thank for this wonderful and interesting variety of locations.) You characters don’t have to start here, they can start from any part of the world – but these locations are where they will eventually end up. (I’ll arrange all that as part of the plot, don’t worry). They will also get the chance to go into space and travel to different planets, naturally.

- For the Doctor, this RP will be set during his Tenth incarnation (David Tennant), some time after the episode ‘Planet of the Dead’. Other NPC’s may come from a different point in the Doctor’s timeline, so that the meeting between them is possible (i.e. Donna Noble would be a good example of this, for reasons which I won’t discuss due to spoilers).

The Objective

The objective of this RP is simple: Defend the universe from alien threat, and help the Doctor in any way you can.
You will do this by completing the missions that NPC’s will assign to you during the course of the RP, fighting monsters, and surviving through anything the enemy throws at you (since you’re now associated with the Doctor, your character has become the enemy’s number one target [excluding the Doctor himself], so you’ll need to keep your wits about you). Danger lurks everywhere!

Other Important Information

- Although there is a plot to follow, this RP will loosely follow a ‘choose your own adventure’ format, where the characters will be faced with choices to make. What choices they make and the way they interact with the world around them will ultimately determine what happens to them. So make your choices carefully! A wrong action or move, and your character could end up in very deep water. However, you will also have opportunities to get your character out of trouble as well as into it, so unless your character does something incredibly stupid from which there is no way out of it, you should be fine. (I say ‘should be fine’ – but the dangers will increase as the RP goes on…)

- The above being said, in the world of Doctor who, no one is safe. Every single character is expendable – even the Doctor can die (and has done, on several occasions). With the death rate being so high in Doctor who, this will be by no means a walk in the park. Your character is going to have to fight hard (and do an awful lot of running) to survive, and there is a fair possibility of death. Do not assume that your character is immune from death – because they’re not. And since you are not immortal or a Time lord, you can’t be brought back to life. Once you’re dead, you’re dead. As it is, some NPC’s will be added for the pure purpose of being killed off later, just to keep that feeling of death real to your characters. After all, with death all around them, they could easily be next…

- All characters will be working on the same side, and must start the RP as an ally of the Doctor. Villains, monsters and enemies will be NPC’s. However, for those of you who would like a taste of Dr who villainy, some characters may be given the opportunity to swap sides later on…whether or not your character gives into the temptation offered to them is up to you. (But just to note if you do take the path to ‘the dark side’ of Dr who, your chances of dying increase tenfold. Especially as you’ll then be taking on the role of evil henchman or betrayer.)

- As the RP progresses, your character will receive ‘information packs/files’ via the Doctor or one of his former companions. Usually these files will have information on certain monsters/aliens the Doctor has faced, or planets. The characters can choose to use this information to help them, if they wish. The information packs will also be a guide for you, as the player, so that you understand exactly what your character is up against, and what these monsters look like, etc – which will be useful if you are not familiar with Doctor who monsters/enemies (I’ll be using monsters from the show as well as some ‘new’ monsters, just to keep things interesting).

- Some characters from the series will also be available to play, so if you’re a fan of the show and want to have a go at role playing an actual Doctor’s companion/character, you’ll have the chance. (But having existing characters as players is not necessary – they can all be NPC’s, or just not included, if need be.) Some Doctor Who characters will be NPC’s regardless (i.e. The Doctor), so bear that in mind. If you’re not sure if a character is acceptable or not, then ask before you create your CS.

Spoilers

In regards to spoilers, I will try and keep them to a minimum, and I advise you all to do the same. However, with Doctor Who being a series with a lot of continuity and references to earlier episodes, some spoilers will be unavoidable. There may be certain elements in the plot of this RP which refer to certain events that happened during the series, or certain things which have happened to certain characters. I can think of a few characters in particular where spoilers are going to be sadly unavoidable…

Rules & Guidelines

General Rules:

- Firstly, all the usual rules apply. No God-modding, no immortality, no saying your character can fight when it is in no fit state to, etc.

- Spoilers. Unnecessary spoilers are not nice. Please respect those of us who haven’t watched particular episodes of Doctor Who. If you are in the OOC thread, use a spoiler tag like this >    (See?)    As for spoilers in the IC thread, just try not to. If the spoiler is necessary for explaining something, clearing something up, or is directly involved in the RP in some way, then fine. Obviously there is no way around it, and it can’t be helped. I’m going to find myself in that situation myself, so I can hardly tell you off for doing the same. However what I DON’T want to see is spoilers leaked out due to blatant carelessness, or people referring to spoilers for the sake of it. Just because you know everything that happens in the series, don’t assume that everyone else does. I understand that sometimes it’s hard to judge what is a spoiler and what isn’t – so just think carefully before you post. If you can, try and word it in a way that makes it clear to understand, without giving too much away. Be as tactful as you can.

- Posting. Let’s all try and keep up with posting, shall we? Understandably we all have lives. Things are going to crop up and we might not have time to post. If you’re not going to be able to post within 7 days, then let me know. Unless you let me know in advance, or if I’m away myself, then after 2 weeks if you haven’t posted, your character will be taken out of action and made ‘idle’. If you return, we will have to find some way of introducing your character back into the story – which may take time, depending on how much the RP has moved forward since you were away.

New addition to the rules wrote:From now on I will be posting on a regular basis, regardless of who has posted or who hasn't. This will be done so that we don't have endless questions of 'who are we waiting for?'

Unless I'm too busy myself, I will now be posting once a week. I will post a reponse to the people who have posted in that week, and I'll post separately for the late comers if and when they manage to post, so that everyone keeps up.

If there is an important plot development that requires everyone's post before we can move forward, then I will give a deadline. After that deadline if you haven't posted, I will take action and God-mod in order to stop your character falling behind, just so as to keep things running smoothly.

I think this is the best and fairest way of keeping the Rp moving, since it does seem to be dragging on a lot.

- Breaking the Rules/General stupidity. I’m sure this won’t be a problem, but this is going up here just in case. If you break the rules and have already had a warning, or continue to do something when a GM has said not to, then your character will be removed from the game, either indefinitely or permanently. To keep the RP running smoothly for the other players, this will happen through the character of said removed person either getting killed off without warning or prior means of avoiding it, or alternatively, Torchwood will see fit to dismiss your character in disgrace, ‘Retconning’ them into forgetting everything that has happened (Think Men in Black – it’s along the same lines, only you won’t be getting any second chances). So if your name goes up on the list labelled ‘Retconned/Removed’ – then you are out. For good. But hopefully that isn’t going to happen.

About The Characters (For more on characters, see ‘Character Sheet’):

- All OC’s that are playing will not have met the Doctor prior to the start of this RP (Although the Doctor may have met them, since he’s a time-traveller). So no saying ‘me and the Doctor go way back’ or ‘I’ve bumped into him before’ – because no, you haven’t. Your character most likely has never seen or heard of the Doctor. If your character is a member of an organisation such as UNIT or Torchwood, then they may have heard rumours or stories about the Doctor from senior members, but they certainly will have never met the Doctor in person. (Only existing characters from the TV series are exempt from this rule.)

- If you plan to use an existing character from the TV series, please notify me first, as only some of the characters will be playable, and others with discretion.

- Oh yeah, and no powers. Doctor Who characters rarely have powers…unless it’s something really powerful that’s used in the climax of the final episode in a series *cough cough* spoiler>   BAD WOLF   < spoiler, so yeah, no powers please!

- Having said that, having weapons or gadgets based on items that would be considered having ‘magical properties’ will be permitted, (since such items do appear in Doctor Who quite frequently) – but only if you can convince a GM that there is a scientific explanation behind it, or that there is an item similar to it that already exists in the show – And again, it can’t be too powerful. No resurrection gloves, no Sonic screwdrivers (or ‘magic wands’ as they’ve also been nicknamed) - although a weaker version of the Doctor’s sonic screwdriver might just be allowed- nor anything like that.

When In Battle:

- If you are in a battle, do not say you ‘destroyed the enemy with one blow/bullet/swipe’ etc. Unless you’ve found the monsters weakness (i.e Slitheen can be killed with vinegar), then it’s not going to be that easy to kill. Doctor Who monsters don’t die easily…

- To start off with I’m going to be lenient with how you deal with the monsters you face. In the first fight you can say you killed a monster, without necessarily having the green light from a GM. (If in battle and fighting for your life, that is.) However, this is only allowed if it does not conflict with the rule directly above this one.

- However, as the RP goes on and the challenges get harder, try not to mention whether or not the creature survived from your actions. It will be up to the GM to determine whether your action was a success or not. So you can say you lunged at it, fired bullets at it – whatever – but do not say words to the effect of ‘And the monster exploded/died/was defeated.’ That will be up to the GM. (After all, we can’t have the enemy killed of too quickly now can we?)

- This one isn’t so much a rule as a guideline. Don’t assume that to defeat a Dr Who enemy you HAVE to kill it with a weapon. In fact in Doctor Who, a lot more time is spent running away from the enemy, hiding from the enemy, dodging/avoiding the enemy and trying to out-smart the enemy. Just think about it – how many times have you seen the Doctor defeat an enemy with a gun or a weapon? Compare that to all the times he has defeated the enemy in other ways. So try and be inventive and creative when faced with an enemy. Although, as Torchwood or UNIT will tell you, nothing is wrong with going in all guns blazing either…and since you’ll be working with Torchwood too, your character might want to have a go at both techniques (provided it wouldn’t be OOC for them to do so).

- With the above in mind, if you’re planning on doing something really crazy, but just so crazy it might work…then you will need a GM to determine whether your crazy idea was a success – no matter what stage you are in the RP. And sometimes crazy ideas can backfire, horribly…Keep that in mind before you take the risk. On the one hand, one of your crazy ideas might be the only way to defeat the monster…on the other hand, that ‘crazy’ idea might turn out to be a ‘stupid’ idea.

Future Companions/Allies of the Doctor – what Qualifies?

-Variety.
In the way of companions and friends, the Doctor has picked up many of them over the years, all with different backgrounds, personality, gender, sexuality, species, age, Rank, and from all walks of life. So you’ve got a wide variety to choose from in the way of colourful characters. Don’t limit yourself more than you need to. They can be and expert in the field of Science or some other profession, they could be working for some sort of organisation, armed forces, or they could be just your average Joe. They don’t have to be ‘special’, but neither do they have to be ‘ordinary’. A Doctor’s Companion can be just about anybody.

- Relationships/Interaction with Doctor
[By ‘relationships’ here, I’m not referring to love interest or friendships, but the way they help and guide one another]
Just because you're the Doctors companion, that doesn't mean to say you can't have your differences (However, it would also help if your character had some things they agree on too).
Once both sides have got to know each other a little, Doctor’s companions tend to act as a foil for the Doctor – whilst the Doctor is the Companion’s ‘Sherlock’, the companion is the Doctor’s ‘Watson’ – and although both of them are capable of working alone, both of them find they need one another in the end. The companion often finds that they need the Doctor because they can’t fight it alone, but the Doctor needs them just as much. As one of his companions once told him, “I think sometimes you need someone to stop you.”
And although companions are on the same side as the Doctor, they don’t always agree. Companions have been known to go against the Doctors advice or decisions – sometimes it’s the wrong thing to do, and the companion ends up eating their words when they end up in deep water. But sometimes the companion turns out to be in the right (A good example of this is Donna Noble – who has proven the Doctor wrong on quite a few occasions, often standing up to him and making him think twice about a decision he’s made).
They can also have slightly different morals. (See below for ‘Weapon or no weapon’)
So remember – a companion doesn’t always have to agree with everything the Doctor says/does. They can have their disagreements.

- Intelligence
The Doctor’s companions are (usually) smart, on the ball and quick-thinking. However, there have been exceptions to this rule too (See ‘Mickey’ – or as the Doctor nicknames him, “Mickey the idiot”). And smart does not mean genius, or academically intelligent. Don’t forget, intelligence comes in many different forms.

- Humanity

They have some Human quality about them that the Doctor finds appealing. This can be compassion, drive, a fighting spirit, leadership, teamwork, level-headedness, or just good common sense. Any of the ‘good’ qualities humans possess, the Doctor holds great respect for and admiration. Don’t forget, this can apply to beings who are not human as well.
However just as the Doctor loves the good human qualities, he hates the bad ones. He doesn’t care for selfishness, greed, arrogance, ignorance, or smart-asses, and if a character shows nothing but these qualities, there is going to be a clash. (See ‘Luke Rattigan’) But to be honest, as long as your character isn’t a complete jerk/bastard (Like Luke Rattigan was), this shouldn’t be a problem. All characters have their faults.

- Weapon or no weapon, That is the question…
Companions, like the Doctor himself, usually use their wit, logic, intelligence and intuition (and a heck of a lot of running) to avoid and/or defeat their enemies, as apposed to using a weapon. However, does that mean weapons are out of the question? Not by a mile. Although the Doctor disapproves of violence, that often than not doesn’t stop his companions. Some characters prefer very much to go in all guns blazing – such as Captain Jack, just one of many examples. So weapons are very much optional when dealing with a Doctor who companion.

Anything Else You Need To Know About The Doctor Who Universe?

Alien and Earth relations

In the Doctor Who Universe, the Earth isn’t that much different from our own. Technology has moved forward slightly, but only by a fraction – Government special ops and organisations have access to alien technology, but this is kept secret from the general public. What with the Doctor’s antics, alien sightings have become much more common than in our own, however. Millions of people have witnessed alien invasion, Spaceships have appeared in full view, many people have died due to extraterrestrial-related incidents…the general public and government can no longer deny the existence of aliens. However some people would still like to believe it as nothing more than a conspiracy theory, despite all the evidence pointing to it being otherwise. Although many people have opened their eyes to the possibilities of alien life, people would still think you were crazy if you told them you had met an alien. People are still in a stage of denial – where denying the existence of aliens is more comforting than facing what’s staring them in the face. It’s not necessarily that they are stupid. It’s more because they are frightened.

The Doctor and Earth relations

As of the Doctor, the general public aren’t aware of his existence. He’s just another face in the crowd…someone you could walk right past on the street, someone you could chat to and then walk away from, unaware of the things he’s done and the people he’s saved. And the Doctor prefers it that way. He tends to stay out of the public eye, completely invisible, unknown, a stranger. Not many people are aware of his existence. However, despite his efforts, the Doctor finds he is increasingly drawing attention to himself. People who he’s met and saved have talked about him, swapping stories, starting their own little conspiracy groups and setting up websites dedicated to finding him. The Doctor has also been brought to the government’s attention, although very little is still known about him. All they know is that he is supposedly an expert in the field of extraterrestrial activity, and have called on his help in the past, as well as UNIT (see below).
And of course there are also special organisations that the Doctor has become associated with. This brings us to…

Organisations associated with the Doctor

The Doctor isn’t the only defence the Earth has got. The Doctor can’t be there to save Earth all the time…and when he’s not there, it’s up to these guys:

~~UNIT~~

The ‘Unified Intelligence Taskforce’ (formerly ‘United Nations Intelligence Taskforce’, but the BBC had to change the name due to the United Nations deciding that they no longer wanted to be associated with the fictional organisation) – known for short as UNIT.
UNIT is a military organisation which operates (supposedly) under the support of the United Nations. Its purpose is to investigate and battle paranormal and extraterrestrial threats to the Earth.
UNIT and the Doctor have a history that goes a long way back. The Doctor even worked for UNIT back in his third incarnation, and although he longer works for them, the two have remained allies…although they haven’t always seen eye-to-eye, to say the least.

These days the Doctor tends to distance himself from UNIT – since sometimes their methods tend to be less than honourable. As an organisation on the whole, their questionable attitude towards civil rights and liberties has lead the Doctor to become a bit wary of UNIT and its actions. However the Doctor and UNIT continue to have a mutual respect for one another…on the rare occasions the Doctor interacts with UNIT, he is treated something of a celebrity and veteran (much to the Doctor’s embarrassment). Much of UNIT has heard of the Doctor, but very few have had the opportunity to meet him. All due respect aside, however, UNIT prefer to run things ‘their way’ – even if it goes against the Doctor’s wishes.

~~The Torchwood Institute~~

An under-cover organisation that is outside the Government, beyond the police. They are your Doctor Who version of the Men in Black, and they’ve been established for well over a century – no one knows of their existence, and Torchwood like to keep it that way. To be a member of Torchwood is a life-long commitment – the only way you leave Torchwood is through taking an amnesia pill known as ‘Retcon’ to wipe your memory…or death. They put a claim that ‘if it’s alien, it’s ours’, and they have advanced their technology way beyond 21st century means through taking any alien technology they can get their hands on.
The Torchwood Institute was first set up by Queen Victoria, after she had an encounter with the Doctor. It is all thanks to the Doctor (indirectly) that the organisation even exists. Queen Victoria saw the destruction and death the Doctor left in his wake, and declared the Doctor as a threat to Earth. A secret organisation was set up, its purpose: to put a stop to alien life forms (whether dangerous or not) – including the Doctor.
The role of Torchwood has changed dramatically in recent years. During the Battle of Canary Wharf (See ‘Army of Ghosts’/’Doomsday’), the main HQ of Torchwood in London (Torchwood 1) was dismembered, the Head of the Torchwood Institute at the time being killed. Captain Jack Harkness, former companion to the Doctor, has since taken over Torchwood. Although Torchwood still prefers to kill first – ask questions later, and uses violence as a first resort, under Captain Jack’s guidance the organisation has become a force for good, defending the Earth against alien threat instead of going on the offensive. These days they spend their time monitoring rifts in space and time, fighting the aliens that actually pose as a threat and sending the others on their way. At first the Doctor was completely against Torchwood – but now with Captain Jack at the helm, Torchwood and the Doctor have become firm allies. The Doctor still isn’t too keen on their use of violence, however…

Other Unrelated (but important) Organisations

~~The Time Agency~~

An organisation from the future. Not much is know about them. The Time Agency is a group apparently based in the 51st century and employing Human Time Agents. It is unknown how long it existed, but it was shut down sometime in the 51st century. The Agents utilized wrist straps (time vortex manipulators) which enabled them to travel through time to go on missions of an unspecified nature.
It seems despite being a time traveler, even the Doctor knows very little about them. The only connection between the Doctor and the Agency is that Captain Jack, a companion of the Doctor, used to work for them. From what can be gathered, however, the Time Agency was quite a shady organisation.

Character sheet

-Both OC’s and existing Dr who characters fill this form out. If you intend to play an existing Dr who character, treat it as though you are introducing a completely unknown character. Details are encouraged.

Name: Self-explanatory.
Age: The age range for Doctor who companions/allies is very wide. The Doctor has picked up a variety of characters of all different ages, so I’m going to be pretty lenient with this. But please, if you’re going to be a different species other than human, don’t make it too old. Have some common sense. If your age is older than 900 then you know you’re going way too far. Similarly, child characters are discouraged. Teenagers are acceptable, but the majority of characters should be adults (18 and over).
Species/Race: Tread carefully here. Since this RP is going to be based a lot around Earth, the majority of CS’s should be human. However, if you want to be a different species, that’s fine, as long as they possess human-like qualities. Also bear in mind this is a Sci-fi show, and although it does have some fantasy/magical elements, it is not a fantasy adventure. These are aliens. So no angels, demons, elves etc…although you might get away with something that is ‘angel-like’ etc, within reason. Please describe your species as much as you can. (Feel free to use an existing Dr who species if you want, provided it isn’t a Dr who enemy.) Robots are not allowed, although you might just get away with a Cyborg – we’ll see how it goes.
Again, use your common sense. As awesome as it would be, no Time Lords please.
Current Location: All players start the RP on Earth. But where abouts on Earth is your character located? (For existing Dr Who characters, please also include when the last time you saw the Doctor was. Name the episode where you last met the Doctor if you can.)
*Organisation: Optional. Does your character belong to any alien-fighting organisation?
Appearance: Please give a good detailed description – especially if your character does not look human/has something in-human about it.
Don’t forget, if you’re not human, you’ll need to keep yourself low-key and/or have a way of disguising your alien form, since you’re going to be starting the RP on Earth – if people saw you waltzing around with bright green skin/a tail/wings growing out of your back, you’d be feared, killed or put on display as a freak (possibly all three).
Personality: What is your character like? How do they tend to view the world/interact with others? You might want to include a bit about their beliefs. To what extent do they believe in alien life? (Note: Although they can have doubts, they can’t be complete sceptics in order for this RP to work for them).
*Weapons/Gadgets/Tech: Optional. You can choose if your character carries weapons/tech or not.
Since this is Sci-fi based (in a vague Dr Who way), futuristic/alien weapons will be allowed. But if you are an OC, human and have never been involved in alien activity/organisations before, I highly doubt you’d have any futuristic/alien tech on you. So be sensible and logical please. There will be opportunities during the RP to add to your arsenal – so don’t worry.
- In regards to tech, nothing too powerful, no time-travel/vortex-manipulation devices, and certainly no Time lord or Dalek technology.
- Also, any weapon is allowed, but again nothing too powerful. Rule is, if it’s powerful enough to destroy a Dalek or Cyberman, then it’s a ‘No’ without question. NPC’s might let you ‘borrow’ more powerful weapons later on. So keep it simple please, and not too powerful. If it’s a futuristic/alien weapon, please describe a bit how it works/how effective it is.
Talents/Skills: As a potential Doctor’s companion, what talents/skills does your character have to offer? Maybe they’re good with computer-hacking (like Mickey), have good medical/scientific knowledge (like Martha), are skilled with a gun (like Jack), or maybe it’s something as simple as having a bronze medal in gymnastics (Rose) – just something that you’re character is really good at. Things like compassion, charisma, good agility/stamina, problem-solving, good leadership skills etc can also be included/mentioned here.
Faults/Weakness: No human or species is without its faults in Doctor Who. Even the Doctor is far from perfect. What are your character’s weak points? (Focus on weaknesses within their personality, although if your character has any physical weaknesses then mention them too).
Background: Talk a little about your character’s life up to the point of receiving that message from the Doctor. What was it like? Did you have a job? Have you had any dealings/encounters with alien life before (if so describe it, i.e. Maybe you are a former member of an alien-fighting organisation, such as UNIT? Or maybe you’ve simply witnessed an alien life-form before now?), or is the Doctor the first alien you’ve ever met?
*For OC’s only: How do you think your character will meet the Doctor in this ‘future’ he’s told you about?
Just for fun/optional. You can use your character’s personality, talents and background as a guide, and based on that information have a go at guessing a scenario in which the Doctor and your character would ‘bump into each other’, and result in you aiding him in some way/defeating aliens/saving the world etc. It can be in a big way or a small way. You might only meet the Doctor for a brief few minuets, or you might end up travelling with him as a full time companion. It’s completely up to you, since it’s based on a future your character (ultimately) knows nothing about.
*Theme: Just for fun. Because every character needs a theme song. (You can have up to two themes – one serious theme and one light-hearted theme, since Doctor Who often has a mixture of light and dark elements).

EDIT- Oh, I forgot to say - you can play up to two characters if you wish.
Last edited by Doctress Who on Thu Oct 28, 2010 4:28 pm, edited 8 times in total.
Hiryu: Doc's bag is a portal. She's actually from another dimension and when she jumped into it, she ended up at a desk with a browser open on this site. That's how she found it.
We have a Doctor Who thread now. Doctor Who threads are cool.
Time Lady

Re: Doctor Who - Defenders of Earth (OOC) |Sign-ups Open|

Postby Doctress Who » Mon Feb 01, 2010 1:51 pm

NPCs
Characters that are definitely going to be NPC's will be listed here. More NPC's will be added later. For now only the ones I know for definite will be listed here. I will draw up a CS for each of the main NPC's.

~ The Doctor CS Here
~ Martha JonesCS Here (Below Captain Jack Harkness)
~ Mickey SmithCS Here
~ Rose Tyler (possibly - will be introduced to the RP much later)
~ Donna Noble
~ Sarah Jane Smith (possibly)
~ K-9

~ The Torchwood Team (Torchwood 3, Cardiff)
>>>Captain Jack Harkness CS Here
The rest of the team: CS's Here
......................>>>Gwen Cooper
......................>>>Ianto Jones
......................>>>Toshiko Sato
......................>>>Owen Harper

Characters

Accepted
~ Sgt. Miniqwa (Mini) Fey Fillmore- sam4books
~ Jack 'Ajax' Bowman - aj_gatsz
~ Harold Newman-Jones - Happy Little Gekko
~Mikael Quinn - MQuinny1234
~Emerald Marie Ivy - CrystalynnJade
~Kathleen "Chimaera" Salmon - Tragedy_and_Comedy
~Curtis James Silva - CrystalynnJade

Pending/Awaiting Approval

Idle
~ Eric Andrews - Mastermind001

Retconned/Removed
~ James Holmes - Archrival [by Request]
Last edited by Doctress Who on Wed Jun 23, 2010 8:20 am, edited 29 times in total.
Hiryu: Doc's bag is a portal. She's actually from another dimension and when she jumped into it, she ended up at a desk with a browser open on this site. That's how she found it.
Time Lady

Postby Doctress Who » Mon Feb 01, 2010 1:52 pm

Information Packs

So this is how it works. Every now and then, Captain Jack (or someone else) is going to distribute information to your characters, usually on monsters you have faced/are going to face in the near future.
The Information packs are going to be written in a slightly OOC format, which is why I am going to post them in the OOC thread. However there will also be a little announcement/message about it in the IC thread (with a link to the relevant OOC post) – the idea being that although it has some OOC elements, it is still a part of the story. Your character does actually receive an information pack in the story – any relevant information in the OOC post, you can assume that your character got an IC version of.
So yes, feel free to use the information provided, not only to make things clearer for yourself, but clearer for your characters.

If it’s too confusing, just let me know and I’ll try and work something different out.

If any of the links break, please let me know so that I can fix it!
Thanks.

Information Pack 1: RoboSantas, Christmas trees and Host [Chapter 1: First Encounters]

[More coming soon...]
Last edited by Doctress Who on Sat Jun 12, 2010 10:59 am, edited 2 times in total.
Time Lady

Postby Doctress Who » Mon Feb 01, 2010 1:52 pm

Phew…I hope I haven’t swamped people with too much information… D: If I think of anything else I’ll add it – but I think I’ve got everything.

You can go ahead and post now.
Time Lady

Postby Mastermind001 » Mon Feb 01, 2010 1:54 pm

Name: Eric Andrews
Species/Race: Human
Current Location: Steinberg Strength Apartment Building Rm 8, Los Angeles, California
*Organisation: Los Angeles Police Department
Appearance:

Upon Eric Andrews's face on his right cheek is a scar in the shape of a X. The hair color is a brunette , the style is short. The color of his eyes are a shade of blue, however it can be said sea green if you stare deeply into his eyes. Unfortunately, he has a very youthful appearance and appears younger to most people. He isn't a very muscular fellow like most so he has a slender frame. Other then the scar on his face, there is nothing like that on any part of his body.

The clothing Eric Andrew wears is a short sleeve white t- shirt with blue jeans that has a black belt with a golden buckle. The jacket, Eric dons for cold summer nights and brisk falls is a jean jacket, which is in a dark of blue much like the pants. The shoes are sneakers, black and white with white laces, a brand name type of shoes. The motorcycle helmet is a solid crimson red with a clear visor, no fancy designs.

Personality:

Eric Andrews is considered a good man by all definitions. He never leaves behind a friend, always files his taxes and pays his bills on time, and has strong faith in his beliefs and in people. Truly a trustworthy lad, who is eager to please and the hardest worker you'll ever meet. Eric has a lack confidence with his own abilities, he always find a way to dilute the good things he does. A very self loathing individual despite being very cheerful and comedic with others.

But that's the outside, the inside is much more than what he lets on. In his mind, Eric questions everything to find the deeper meaning, the true truth that is always hidden behind lies and closed curtains. By questioning everything, he continuously tries to figure things before hand with his reasoning, however sometimes it can be a little out of hand.

His sense of justice knows no bound as he struggles to stand on the moral high ground as he tries to do the best he can. Unfortunately he can be a klutz, tipping on air for no freaking reason, possesses a extremely weird sense of humor, as sometimes some of the things he finds an amusing is only funny to himself, and he can be absent minded with items, it can be so strong at times, that's he grateful for help.

*Weapons/Gadgets/Tech:

-He owns two motocycles, a red motorcycle and a yellow motorcycle that has three wheels and frequently drives both on his free time. However, he possess no favorite with either of them. On the side of his crimson ride is the phrase " To serve and to protect" while the yellow's phrase is " Absolute Justice".

-On his person is metal container shaped like a whisker container that contains various flavors of hard candy A lime color yo-yo with a neon green string and ring. Also on Eric's person his handgun, a Glock 35, several hand cuffs, and a small flash light.

-The cell phone is a blue tooth headset that happens to be red and gold. Perfect for the good the guy on the go, who wants to be hands free. Another piece of technology Eric Andrews owns is crimson red Ipod touch, filled with all sorts of songs, this includes really god awful pop songs, the kind of pop songs to annoy people he's interrogating.

Talents/Skills:

Scored a 99.8 on the police academy deductive reasoning test. Running speed is at athlete level , the lad was a track star at college prior to the police academy, his vision is 20/20, a very keen memory, photographic as some might say. He can mimic others voices with a bit of practice. The only reason he can remain calm in a situation is thanks to the sense of humor he was blessed with, which can be an annoying to others.

Eric is a natural at reinventing himself, lying, and thinking on his feet especially in time of crises. As another identity, he can be very convincing, utterly confident, maybe a bit egotistical, which is actually very far from his true self . His driving skills with a motorcycle can be considered professional or stunt driver class, he could pull off some crazy stunts only when he's serious or determined on something. Another strength that Eric has whether or not, it counts as a strength is his luck. Is a good at finding informants and gaining the trust of such people and others if he tries. Interrogating criminals is fun for him as he had become a natural at it, it also helps that he uses god awful music.

Faults/Weakness:

Eric has a lack of confidence in himself as himself, he's not much of a fighter, and can be absolutely absent minded. An example of his absent minded nature is that he is a decent shot with a handgun, however he tends to either forget to bring a gun or simply forgets to reload said gun. An omega level klutz at times, some say that he is the only one who could ever trip on air and can cause comedic disasters without trying. Apparently he has phobias that involves spiders and female clowns, this also includes female mimes as well.

Background:

Eric Andrews as a young boy was kidnapped by a serial killer named Gregory McTucker, nicknamed the Robo Killer, due to how he uses a voice synthesizer to announce his killings to his potential victims. He's considered a serial killer by most as most seen that he has no particular pattern with his killings, truly one of the most notorious murderers of the time. Until his capture, of course as a certain special detective and his armed partner saw a pattern that most missed. It was this pattern that revealed where he does his main killings and saved young Eric from a hideous fate. Inspired by the pair, Eric decided to purse a life in law enforcement.

Years past and Eric Andrews has become a klutz with a strong sense of justice. He became the top of his class at the police academy, eventually getting assigned as a detective for a Los Angeles police department. His first case happen to be a hit and run, however somehow it turned from a particular normal auto accident into a case filled with suspense and danger, thanks to the driver being a highly wanted terrorist.

Using his deductive reasoning skills and sleuth skills, Eric Andrews made direct contact with the terrorist, unfortunately he was caught by said terrorist. The man's name was Richard Cohen, number 4 on the FBI most dangerous man alive list, a devious artsy bomber, who simply bombs whatever he feels like for the sake of art. It was this man that carved the X scar on Eric Andrews's face and it was this man, that made Eric's career when he managed to catch the man, thanks to quick thinking and pre-called backup, stopping that fiendish artist plans of a city wide bombing.

Andrews fifth case as a detective for the Los Angeles police department was a bank heist by the internationally wanted thief Leblanc Arsene, the nobleman bandit. A mastermind criminal who plots and pulls off mind blowing thefts. Leblanc played some major mind games with the boys in blue and the FBI agents assigned to the case. However, a well informed informant and a few major clues, lead to a stand off between Andrews and Arsene, which finally lead to his capture.

Currently Andrew's eight case is investigating, a strange disappearance of sixteen people at a local COLA-Nut company. Through Andrew's deductive reasoning, it always happens on a grave yard shift, Saturday nights when there is few employees. Some of the contracts, Eric knows mention hearings tales of loud screams and mechanical noises on those nights. However, before dwelling any further into this mysterious case, Andrews was approached by a representative of UNIT, who had ceased operations on his case. It was after that, the COLA-nut factory in Los Angeles was leveled to the ground. The only thing recovered strangely enough was a strange helmet and a robotic hand. Both items remain in Eric's possession stored in a bookcase. There are rumors of other similar incidents in other parts of the world, perking Eric's detective's skills.

*Theme: Bombs Bombs Away!
Last edited by Mastermind001 on Thu Feb 04, 2010 2:27 pm, edited 9 times in total.
"Fate smiles on the strange. So its a good thing, I'm the strangest of all." - William Livingstone, Cirque de la Nuit
More Robots

Postby Doctress Who » Mon Feb 01, 2010 2:24 pm

It sounds pretty good. I only have one issue:
A silver pocket watch that isn't a pocket watch is attached to his dress jacket and is always stored in the right breast pocket
...I hope this doesn't mean what I think it means? Or am I reading too much into this?
Time Lady

Postby Mastermind001 » Mon Feb 01, 2010 2:25 pm

Reading too much into. He's human, just human.
"Fate smiles on the strange. So its a good thing, I'm the strangest of all." - William Livingstone, Cirque de la Nuit
More Robots

Postby Doctress Who » Mon Feb 01, 2010 2:27 pm

Ok, good good. It's accepted.
Time Lady

Postby sam4books » Mon Feb 01, 2010 3:38 pm

----FINISHED!----

Name: Sgt. Miniqwa (Mini) Fey Fillmore

Species/Race: Just a normal Human, no half-breed here

Current Location: Fort Bragg, Fayetteville, North Carolina, USA

*Organization: US Marine Corps., 82nd Division

Appearance:
Other than her usual uniform, Mini can also be seen wearing a beige T-shirt or a white T-shirt with camouflage jeans. Sometimes she may even wear various other T-shirts, mixing and matching them with loose jeans/sweatpants/shorts, each T-shirt bearing something different, but a majority that broadcasts her love for the military (particularly the US Marine Corps.) and some punk rock groups. Mini is always seen wearing a pair of army boots no matter what the occasion (which are polished thoroughly every Wednesday night). On her back is a black ink tattoo of a rose and a sword that she never tells anyone of unless they ask (nicely). In build, Mini has quite muscular upper body for a lady, a build gained from many years working out in the gym, and wrestling with her mates. Please note that her legs aren’t quite the case, but strong enough to climb rocky terrain and run for long periods of time. Mini’s hair is kept up via a green hairclip, a gift given to her by her birth father.

Personality:
Miniqwa is a no-nonsense, serious to the core, and sensible woman who is very, very headstrong. In other words, good luck trying to bring this woman down. She has the ferocity of a lioness, and the determination of a horse. Not many tend to try to cross paths with her when she’s in a foul mood (or risk meeting her fist face-to-face). Miniqwa is known throughout Fort Bragg for her fiery temper, and unorthodox methods. Unlike her equals she is not afraid to break the rules if it means saving lives, and will do it if she needs to. It is only by her honor that she continues to do as her commanders say, but when they prove themselves incapable she’ll be more than happy to do things her way as she will be so quick to tell you. She is pretty tough around the edges, and favors the “short, sweet, and to the point” approach. Even in her speech she stays to the point, being a woman of very few words. She may not even say anything. When it comes to relationships hers are often full of physical abuse (with love) regardless of how well you can take it.

Speaking of relationships, thanks to her paranormal obsessed stepbrother who (much to her annoyance) tends to drag her into his schemes when he finds something new and out of the ordinary, Mini does have some knowledge of aliens. And Mini remorsefully follows through with it, for one reason and one reason only, to protect him (he is family). However it should be noted Mini sort of thinks her stepbrother is nuts (and has tortured him about it since they were kids), but will accept the idea of aliens if there is proof (which ties into the fact she’s non-religious). Aside from her stepbrother’s insane schemes any other call to adventure is in danger of being turned down unless actual lives were in danger (especially her stepbrother’s). Otherwise she can do what she can to help, even if it means putting her life on the line. In battle she hardly ever retreats unless it is highly necessary and she’s outnumbered (she’s courageous, but not totally dumb). If worse comes to worse, sometimes its okay to give folks a good old fashioned smack down.

Generally, Mini is a good leader who looks out for her fellow soldier’s well-being. Like a mama bear she would defend them in the most violent way when they are threatened. More or less the 82nd division is family to her, even more so than her own. She’d be damned if anyone tried to harm them in any way. If anything she promised herself that anyone wishing to inflict harm on her fellow soldiers or step-brother will have to go through first. Although lately she’s been experiencing doubts about her leadership no thanks to her superiors who had doubt her themselves. It doesn’t help she doesn’t see her little step-brother anymore either.

*Weapons/Gadgets/Tech:
• Mini owns her own full-metal AK-47 Machine Gun. However it is mostly kept at her unit due to gun control laws (DAMN YOU). Still doesn’t mean Mini can’t sneak it out now and then…<_< >_>
• Mini also owns a silver whistle which she wears around her neck. Although it’s usually only used when she’s drilling the maggots, she likes to carry it with her everywhere she goes. It’s loud and annoying sound is very useful when shutting someone up, getting people to listen, or just annoying the heck out of people.
• And finally…she owns an AT&T Tilt with unlimited internet access, to keep in touch with family and friends, but specifically her idiot stepbrother who is prone to send her stupid e-mails, or phone calls. Like the silver whistle, she keeps this on her person at all times, or at least when necessary.

Talents/Skills:
• Skilled with guns (mostly the machine gun sort)
• Good leadership skills (she’s a gunny[Gunnery Sergeant] for a reason you know)
• Good Stamina (Thanks to plenty of military training)
• Plenty of military knowledge and experience

Faults/Weakness: Mini’s temper is one of her greatest faults. When she gets angered, all reason is replaced with a raging madness where her prime objective becomes to harm. Either that or extract a fairly painful revenge. It is this weakness that had caused her much trouble in the pass, and even though her training has taught her to control it, her rage still lurks deep within, ready to break free at any moment. Respectively, her great pride causes her to be unable to give up, even if the war is long over. Her inability to give up may cause her undoing…one day.

Background:
How does one become what they are? What makes a person? What makes them angry? What makes them doubt themselves? What makes them scared? What haunts them in the dead of the night? Let’s start at the beginning shall we…

Long ago, Mini was a happy child living with both of her birth parents. Her father was also a member of the United States Marine Corps., 82nd battalion before her, and was an honorable soldier worthy of merit (or at least that’s Mini would like to believe). Mini adored her father and everything he believed in. He was like an idol to her, the greatest mentor there could ever be. Everything he said, she listened to, and he taught her of things such as freedom, honor, and duty. Mini would do anything to grow up to become just like her father. Often, her father would be sent overseas for long periods of time, and bring back plenty of exotic items she received with joy. But fate would’ve had it that one day he would not be able to bring anything home, because he wouldn’t be able to come home…forever.

The once happy family was devastated when they heard of his tragic death, a horrible accident involving a machine gun malfunction. And without his joy to lead them the world had suddenly become a dark and lonely place. As years went by Mini was forced to defend herself on her way to and from school due to the rise of gangs in Fayetteville and an equal rise in the number of criminal activity. At school, on the playground specifically, things were no better. School bullying soon became the norm, and you either beat or be beaten. Not surprisingly, Mini chose the former. In the span of two years, Mini grew to be as feared as any other bully, and took on the personality of a lioness. Her mother couldn’t do anything about it, or probably did not care. Ever since the death of her husband she had to work longer work hours with hardly any time for her daughter anymore. She and Mini grew apart, with only a mutual respect for each other. The two lonely females could only yell and scream at each other before bursting into tears. On the day before the second anniversary of Mini’s father’s death, her mother planned a visit to her sister’s house in New York City. There, fate worked its magic yet again.

Mini’s mother met him at a theatre in New York City, on Broadway. He was a business man, rich and pleasant, with two children of his own. He liked theatre and decided to see the featured play that day, no one could foresee him meeting Mini’s mother. They were both on the same boat. He had lost his own wife to disease two years before, coincidently on the same day Mini’s mother lost her husband. It was like they were fated to meet each other. They fell in love instantly, but Mini hated him. She didn’t like the idea of having her father, the soldier of honor, replaced by a businessman. She hated his children too. Both were a bunch of spoiled brats, especially the younger one. His name was Noah, a weakling if anything, who relied on his books for knowledge instead of personal experience. His was too curious for his own good too, shy, and timid. Mini hated his guts.

So yeah, things were definitely on a rough start, and despite Mini’s protests her mother ended up marrying the businessman and she was stuck with a spoiled brat as a stepbrother and an arrogant bitch as a stepsister. When the family bought a house in Fayetteville’s suburbs she immediately began her personal mission to make her new siblings’ lives a living hell, starting with the Noah kid. She did everything there was to do to ruin his new life, all the pranks and traps that anyone could ever think of, and much to her annoyance none of them seemed to break the boy. So one day she developed the perfect plot, she would trick the little brat into entering an abandoned church, and not just any abandoned church, a so-said haunted abandoned church. It. Was. Perfect.

That day marked the beginning of bratty little Noah’s obsession with all things paranormal. Apparently he found something inside that church. He wouldn’t say, but Mini would tell you that he was pretty freaked out. Next thing you know the brat began looking up stuff about aliens and cryptic and ghosts. It drived Mini absolutely nuts, and it made her regret tricking Noah like that. The brat had turned into a paranormal freak much to Mini’s dismay. And to make things worst he dragged her with him on elaborate schemes to various supposed “haunted” locations around Fayetteville only to find, what? Absolutely nothing, they found nothing. And it got worst from there. The only way she could escape her stepbrother’s crazy schemes was to go into the military, which she did.

While she began her military training in the United States Marine Corps., her brother went to school for parapsychology (Mini was shocked to hear that someone could actually go to school for paranormal studies). As she climbed the ranks in her newfound career, her brother eventually graduated only to job a paranormal investigation team and bother his stepsister about coming with them on their investigations. By then, Mini became serious about serving her fellow soldiers as a part a sort of favor she felt she needed to fulfill for her real dad, she promptly said no the first time. However the more he bothered her about it the more she realized he was actually serious about this paranormal stuff. Reluctantly she agreed, knowing full well that her mother would kill her if anything happened to him. So whenever he was in need of her assistance she took her leave and traveled with him, reminding him that she wasn’t doing it because she wanted to. As years went by she slowly but surely grew to love her stepbrother for the first time in her life and actually worried for his life. She actually cared.

But things could not last. Mini was given a promotion to Gunnery Sergeant due to her skills and knowledge when it came to gun-use, as well as her leadership capabilities. With the new responsibilities that came with it, Mini could no longer assist Noah in his schemes, and Noah’s teammates were beginning to go national. They parted paths for the time being, keeping touch with the use of mobile phone and e-mail, and Mini created for herself a reputation for being a ferocious instructor and soldier at home. Time rolled on, and Mini began doubting her capabilities as a leader, even her superiors doubted her. Her methods were unorthodox, people feared her. She needed some sort of sign that would help her fulfill her duty to her father’s name.

*Theme:
Fighting Theme---- ”Thunderstruck” – ACDC
Normal Theme---- ”My Vietnam” – P!nk
Last edited by sam4books on Sat Feb 13, 2010 9:22 am, edited 3 times in total.
Musicmac: "Sam4Books: Always ready to cheer things up with awesome art. Terms and Conditions apply."
In passing

Postby Doctress Who » Mon Feb 01, 2010 4:39 pm

Ooh Mini sounds like she's certainly not to be messed with. Interaction between her and the Doctor will certainly be...amusing. lol
You've still got a couple of sections in your CS left to fill out - but I'll put you on the pending list. It looks good so far.
Time Lady

Postby sam4books » Mon Feb 01, 2010 4:43 pm

Exactly what I was thinking. Plus I always thought Doctor Who needed a gunny (it helps that I have a dad with knowledge about the marine corps.)
Musicmac: "Sam4Books: Always ready to cheer things up with awesome art. Terms and Conditions apply."
In passing

Postby Blood Lord » Mon Feb 01, 2010 4:47 pm

I was wondering how long it would take you to do a Doctor Who RP.

Good luck with it.
Stufflikehearts - He is a Sith Lord. I love Blood Lord :3
Jeffffey - Blood, you look at the information someone says, look over what really happened, and reply in a way that makes them realize what they were really thinking.
Light10s - Blood Lord! Your avatars are becoming more epic. You make me feel like getting on all fours and submitting my loyalty and obedience to you.
Fievel - Numerous campaigns and conquests, countless bodies decaying after the abandonment of victorious battlefields. Such is the life of Blood Lord.
Dusk_Imp - Blood Lord is like a celebrity here. Everything he does is pure awesome. ALL HAIL BLOOD LORD
Doctress Who - Why couldn't there be a Blood Lord in every forum? It would make life so much easier.
Snafu Gold Card Member!

Postby aj_gatsz » Mon Feb 01, 2010 4:52 pm

Name: Jack 'Ajax' Bowman
Species/Race: human
Current Location: London, University College London
Appearance: Jack is quite skinny young man, with long nimble fingers. He is prone to fidget with something all the time, especially if he is thinking or out of nervousness. Sometimes he just picks up a random item in a room and plays with it, while his mind is elsewhere, then has no idea where he get that thing from. He has a very strong jaw-line, and puffy cheeks. His lips plum but pale, just like his skin. His blond hair is quite messy it changes almost every time he scratches his head or brushes through it with his fingers, what can happen quite often. His eyes are dark brown, and his gaze is warm and friendly. He wears a pair of black, thick framed, very geeky glasses. Since his eye-surgery a few years ago he does not need them anymore, but he keeps wearing them for various reasons. With the glasses the lack of eyebrows is not as obvious. (Result of a failed experiment at home at the age of 10.) The other reason is to hide the dark rings around his almost pink eyes. Without the glasses he looks very sick, like a junky.
As for clothes Jack goes with the minimum effort policy. He keeps using the same dozen faded T-shirts with the three jeans he has in a complete random pairing. The algorithm is very simple; pick the one from the top of the pile for the day.
Personality: Jack is a kind young man. He is friendly, helpful, cheery and carefree. If someone asks, he is always glad to help. He seems very energetic, always doing something, always busy. He is very active, to an extent of being annoying sometime. He is very open minded, and does not use the word ‘impossible’ very often. Are aliens, zombies and the yeti real? Of course they are! Jack likes bright things, fast things, flashy things, colorful things, things going boom, things burning… For him life is like an action movie.
Under the façade of his carefree behavior he is a deeply troubled and terrified man, who struggles with sleep disorders and addiction. He seems jolly and brave because he is running from something so terrible, that anything else seems only a joke compared to it.

*Weapons/Gadgets/Tech:
-A box of caffeine pills.
-A box of Ritalin.
-A box of Tic-Tacs, for minty fresh breath and carnage as well.
-Three balls of “Nitro-10”.

Nitro-10 is a home-made explosive created by Jack. Nitro-10 is kept in form of small, red balls around 1.5 inch diameters. One ball of Nitro-10 is powerful as two cans of Nitro-9. Nitro-10 resembles “Silly Putty” it can be formed like clay, but bounces as rubber when thrown. (But it doesn’t flows through small holes, and does not shatter on hard impact, like a hammer-blow.) Nitro-10 is very stable, it’s shock resistant, fireproof, resistant to acids, it’s non-toxic, and even electric-shock won’t blow it up. The only way to detonate it is through it’s chemical fuse, namely sugar (glucose, fructose or sucrose). It doesn’t react with sweeteners. After coming in contact with sugar Nitro-10 explodes with a delay of 15-20 seconds. (Well chemistry isn’t like a clock.)

Jack manages to get Ritalin on prescription from a friend. If someone asks he claims that he needs it for his Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder, but reality he abuses it, using it as a strong upper.
So basically: Take a ball, put on the thing you want gone, press a tic-tac into it, and TAKE COVER!

Talents/Skills:
-Jack is a chemistry wiz, who knows all about bombs. Stink bomb, smoke bomb, flash bomb, paint bomb, you name it. He doesn’t know much about fancy electronics, and disarming, but knows how much damage it will do, and how mix something nasty together. Given some basic household items, he can mix a decent pipe-bomb; let loose in the mall, he can mix something together flatting the whole building; a well equipped chemistry lab, You name it! he can even mix some Nitro-10 if you need to.

-Due his sleep issues Jack tries to push his need of sleep to a minimum, and constantly abuses caffeine and even some stronger stuff from time-to time. Due the lack of sleep and the constant intake of coffee, Red-Bull and other uppers, his mind is constantly running wild. Jack is tripping almost all the time. If pushed even further by more caffeine and drugs, Jack’s mind can enter a psychedelic state, going completely haywire. In this state his mind approaches problems in a completely different and illogical manner, and may come up with a solution, he could not otherwise.

Faults/Weakness: Jack’s weakness is clearly his issues with sleeping, and his constant use of caffeine and other drugs. He is constantly dancing at the edge of a chasm. To this point he successfully managed to keep his life in check, juggling with lies, drugs and small favors to seem completely normal to the outside viewer. But he will ruin himself this way sooner or later.
Background: Jack was born as the son of Henry Bowman and Dorothy Gale McShane in Perivale. While he always was on good terms with both of his parents, he still was his momma’s boy. It was his mother who sparked his interest to the science of chemistry, and he always loved to hear her stories about the strange “Professor” with the umbrella and the strange fetish for spoons. Jack was quite normal kid with good grades, a little nerdy, but not obsessed, he went along with people quite well, and was open minded. … then there was the fire.
At the age of 16 Jack escaped as the sole survivor, when the family house burned down. Strangely he can’t remember anything from that night at all. The bodies of his parent’s were never found nor the cause of the fire, what consumed the whole building in the matter of minutes. Jack was taken in by his grandparents. (His father’s parents.)
From this point on Jack’s sleeping issues started. He started to have awfully bad dreams, waking up screaming every time. He never could remember what the dream was about but it was always terrifying to him. Everyone blamed the tragic loss of his parents as the cause of the dreams, but they did not seem to stop with time. Jack was put on antidepressants and sedatives, but they only suppressed the effects and the boy’s intellect as well.
Despite the handicaps from the medication Jack was able to start his studies in the famous University Collage London, with chemistry as his major. With starting collage he moved away from his grandparents, and started to live on his own, free of their watchful eyes. At that point he decided to approach his sleeping issues from another aspect, by running away from them. He stopped his medication, and started to get hooked up on caffeine, while sleeping as little as possible. Because he was almost always on a trip, his personality became more cheery, and people around him believed he solved his issues. Without the effects of the sedatives, and the gained extra hours his grades improved as well. Somehow he managed to juggle his issues with fear, sleep deprivation and addiction, and built up a successful scientific career. Right now he is doing his PhD work, by researching possibilities of fuel substitutes. However his life is built up on a fragile network of lies and drugs, bound to crash down some day.

*For OC’s only: Well, he has his connection in the past with The Doctor not in the future.
*Theme:
Light: Neo - Gyalogkakukk (It's over now)
Dark: X-Ray Dog - Night Hounds - Elegant Friction
Last edited by aj_gatsz on Sat Feb 13, 2010 6:10 am, edited 11 times in total.

Postby sam4books » Mon Feb 01, 2010 5:04 pm

Let me guess, it has something to do with your username?
In passing

Postby Mastermind001 » Mon Feb 01, 2010 5:05 pm

More Robots

Postby Doctress Who » Mon Feb 01, 2010 5:11 pm

@sam4books: Well, that'll certainly come in handy! We could do with a Military expert on the team.
@Blood Lord: Heheh. Thanks.
@aj_gatsz: I'll put you on the pending list, then. It'll be interesting to see the CS completed.
@Mastermind: Ok, fair enough :). I'll alter the character list.
Time Lady

Postby sam4books » Mon Feb 01, 2010 5:35 pm

Aaaaand...done!
In passing

Postby Mastermind001 » Mon Feb 01, 2010 5:53 pm

Updated by adding this to the background

Currently Andrew's eight case is investigating, a strange disappearance of sixteen people at a local COLA-Nut company. Through Andrew's deductive reasoning, it always happens on a grave yard shift, Saturday nights when there is few employees. Some of the contracts, Eric knows mention hearings tales of loud screams and mechanical noises on those nights. However, before dwelling any further into this mysterious case, Andrews was approached by a representative of UNIT, who had ceased operations on his case. It was after that, the COLA-nut factory in Los Angeles was leveled to the ground. The only thing recovered strangely enough was a strange helmet and a robotic hand. Both items remain in Eric's possession stored in a bookcase.
More Robots

Postby Archrival » Tue Feb 02, 2010 2:40 am

CS coming Later.
SUPPPAAAHHH

Postby Doctress Who » Tue Feb 02, 2010 3:54 am

@sam: Great. I'll add you to the accepted list.
@Mastermind: I like the reference!
@Archrival: Ok, that's fine.
Time Lady

Postby aj_gatsz » Tue Feb 02, 2010 9:07 am

I finished my CS.
First: This is the first idea, if it's too dark/depressing/tragic I can make another one.
Second: What happened during the fire? Are is parents alive somewhere? What are those terrifying dreams, his mind refuses to remember? Well, I'll leave these questions for the GM to answer, or not to answer at all. Feel free to use them if you feel like it.

@Books No, it has nothing to do with the username. A little hint the the word Ajax comes from the poker-term. :D

Postby Doctress Who » Tue Feb 02, 2010 9:47 am

Hmm very interesting...
And no it's fine, it's not too dark. Accepted.
Time Lady

Postby CrystalynnJade » Tue Feb 02, 2010 12:12 pm

Working on a CS, hopefully will be done soon.

Postby Archrival » Tue Feb 02, 2010 2:37 pm

Done
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Name: James Holmes
Species/Race: Human
Current Location: Royal Hope Hospital, London England.
Appearance: James is human as they come, even if he doesn’t act it sometimes, James has dark black short hair that is styled with gel in to a reasonable arrangement of appearance, he has large square spectacles that sit oddly too far down his nose on some would say a rather small face that doesn’t stop him keep pushing his glasses back up his nose only for them to slip down again. James seems rather meek in build being only 5”9’ and being only 125lbs. In normal gear James wears a black superman hoodie that has no zip; he also wears jeans with a black leather belt and normal buckle, he also wears a pair of black and white converse sneakers. He at this current time he is wearing a Doctor’s uniform similar to this.

Personality: James is a nerd pure and simple, he loves his comics and he loves his Sci-Fi shows, he’s fascinated with the world of aliens and the adventures they create, he got into medicine as it was a way of socialising with James being not much of a social person, he could talk for hours and hours if given the chance it’s just his terms of subject aren’t ones you want to hear for hours and hours.

Talents/Skills:
• James has a vast amount of knowledge in terms of medical application, if given the necessary tools he can mend arms, stop bleeding and help anyone get better.
• James has experienced the many major earth/alien events such as the Big Ben Crash, the ship over London, the titanic almost hitting the royal palace and even has slight memories of the Master take over in his head.
• James also is naturally gifted with computers, he hasn’t got awesome hacking skills but can use seemingly any computer with ease even those that may be new to him.

Faults/Weakness: James can be a bit slow to catch on if the action gets a bit above him but if told to run or do an action he’ll do it otherwise he’ll stop and try and think to catch up with what’s going on around him. James is also a bit of a natural clutz, he’ll drop thing accidentally or even trip up sometimes over his own shoes.

Background: James is a modern day Peter Pan, the boy who never grew up. Ever since he was a boy he had always looked to the stars and dreamt of what could be out there, television helped him fuel this imagination as events of aliens and monsters seeming to be on the increase over the coming years has made in curious in all forms of life. James studied Medecine at Cambridge University at request of his father who wanted him to help others like he helped him, James lived with his dad after his mum dissapeared on the eve of his 7th birthday, he had asked his dad why she had gone but his dad was not willing to tell him until he felt it right.

Upon graduation and getting his medical degree james set out to find a job in which to apply his skills, he found one at the Royal Hope Hospital after one of their staff had gone on leave after mysterious circumstances. The fact that this hospital had been a Alien spot had driven him to working there in the hopes that he might get his dream of meeting live aliens.
Last edited by Archrival on Tue Feb 02, 2010 3:44 pm, edited 2 times in total.
SUPPPAAAHHH

Postby Doctress Who » Tue Feb 02, 2010 3:18 pm

@Crystalynn: Ok. Look forward to seeing it.
@Archrival: Looks great so far. Royal Hope Hospital, hmm? He better becareful working in that place.
I'll add you to the accepted list once you've got your background finished.
Time Lady

Next

Return to Role Playing