Story: "When titans walked the Earth."

Fan-fiction, short stories, screenplays, poems -- anything text-based really belongs here.

Moderator: Mod Squad

Story: "When titans walked the Earth."

Postby Breaking Point » Thu Jun 02, 2005 1:15 am

[i]Pronunciation: 'tI-t&n
Function: noun
Etymology: Greek
1 capitalized : any of a family of giants born of Uranus and Gaea and ruling the earth until overthrown by the Olympian gods
2 : one that is gigantic in size or power : one that stands out for greatness of achievement

People often underestimate the impact of a decade.

Often, this is because in today's world a decade can not be seen as a lengthy, period of time. In a world where it's suggested that human civilization is thousands of years old, where the Earth itself is billions of years old, and the universe older still, it's not hard to see why so many would doubt the impact of a "measly" ten years.

Those who assume this, of course, would often find themselves to be wrong. After all, World War II changed the face of the world forever with the appearance of the Nazis, the creation of the UN, and the development of the atom bomb. Towns and cities centuries old were demolished in a fraction of the time it took to build them. Works of art were lost and destroyed, and millions of lives across the globe disappeared forever. And even then, World War II lasted "only" about seven years. In the three years after, Super Sonic flight was achieved, the Cold War between the United States and Russia begun, and computers were introduced for the first time.

Indeed, staggering amounts of changes and events can happen in the span of a decade.

This story, in particular, will be covering one of these decades. Or rather, the end of one of them. Eleven years ago, a scientist attempted to create the "perfect little girl" in a laboratory beneath his house. The ingredients: sugar, spice and everything nice. Added to this by accident was a compound called "Chemical X," only because many of it's properties at the time were a mystery, with a seemingly random effect on anything it touches.

When this chemical was added, the ingredients mixed and reacted to create something out of the blue: three girls, fully clothed, with enough intelligence from the outset to speak English. It would be many years later when the reason for this would be explained. Until then, it was just another unexplainable phenomenon that results from Chemical X.

Their was another thing about the girls that was unusual.

They had super powers.

According to the professor, these powers had not even appeared gradually. Almost as soon as they were born, the girls exhibited powers of flight, incredible strength and speed, and the power to concentrate light into a destructive force with only their eyes. Only days after they were born, these powers were at such a level that destroying Townsville would have–literally–been child’s play.

Fortunately, though, the girls grew and matured. They learned to not only hardness and control their powers, but also learned several other abilities as well. Screams that can shatter buildings, beams that are emitted from their hands, and even the power to “cloneâ€

Postby Mauser » Thu Jun 02, 2005 1:27 am

dude this is sweet,...uh....

do The Invader ZIM crew and Courage, and the Rowdy Ruff Boys

do them in whatever order you would like.....

this is ganna be good.
I am NOT insane!

"I wanna be a mongoose"

Postby GridsNaranek » Thu Jun 02, 2005 1:45 am

Wow, nice!
Bloodsguar Studios member

WE ARE ALL GRIDS

Re: Story: "When titans walked the Earth."

Postby Spruce Moose » Thu Jun 02, 2005 2:56 pm

Jack. Do Jack as soon as you can. The State(Spruce) wills it.

Postby Janana » Thu Jun 02, 2005 7:46 pm

How about KDB(Kids Down Below)? Will you include them? After all Grim Jr. and Mini Mandy were in the 3rd character chart. What about Bunny? ^_^

Postby Breaking Point » Thu Jun 02, 2005 8:33 pm

I may or may not include the KDB. I have an idea about how to use them, but I'm still deciding whether or not it's any good. Bunny I'm pretty sure will be in the story, in one form or another.

Right now, I think I'll start off with Zim, and try to get a chapter done in the upcoming days. Then I'll do some other character suggestions.

Postby Spruce Moose » Thu Jun 02, 2005 8:34 pm

As I said before, do Jack after Zim.

Postby GridsNaranek » Thu Jun 02, 2005 8:51 pm

Then Bell from your perspective!
Bloodsguar Studios member

WE ARE ALL GRIDS

Return to Literature