Doctress Who's TDROZ Ch.4 & DR WHO-Quantum Lock Ch.2

Fan-fiction, short stories, screenplays, poems -- anything text-based really belongs here.

Moderator: Mod Squad

Re: Doctress Who's TDROZ (InvaderZim fanfic) - Chapter 2

Postby Fievel » Tue Nov 10, 2009 9:01 pm

I'm fairly certain that the U.S. is the only place that spells things differently in terms of the English language.
Offended.
Snafu Gold Card Member!

Postby Blood Lord » Wed Nov 11, 2009 10:59 pm

We're awesome rebels like that.
Stufflikehearts - He is a Sith Lord. I love Blood Lord :3
Jeffffey - Blood, you look at the information someone says, look over what really happened, and reply in a way that makes them realize what they were really thinking.
Light10s - Blood Lord! Your avatars are becoming more epic. You make me feel like getting on all fours and submitting my loyalty and obedience to you.
Fievel - Numerous campaigns and conquests, countless bodies decaying after the abandonment of victorious battlefields. Such is the life of Blood Lord.
Dusk_Imp - Blood Lord is like a celebrity here. Everything he does is pure awesome. ALL HAIL BLOOD LORD
Doctress Who - Why couldn't there be a Blood Lord in every forum? It would make life so much easier.
Mercypostle

Postby Fievel » Fri Nov 13, 2009 3:36 pm

We certainly are awesome.

A thought occurred recently, if you're a Doctor Who fan, why didn't you write a fanfic of that?
Offended.
Snafu Gold Card Member!

Postby Doctress Who » Fri Nov 13, 2009 4:18 pm

Fievel wrote:A thought occurred recently, if you're a Doctor Who fan, why didn't you write a fanfic of that?

I have. But they are too crappy to put on here. Also I don't know if there would be enough interest for them, since there are considerably less people on here that watch the show, compared with those who watch Invader Zim.
If I wanted to post them, I think I'd basically have to start them again from scratch. I may post some Doctor Who fanfic after I've finished the Invader Zim one (if I do actually finish it, that is).

In fact...I have an idea. But I need a vote on it, since I will only go ahead with it if people are happy with the idea.
After 'The Doomed Rise of ZIR' is completed (or is on such a long hiatus that I feel I need to post some fresh material), how would you all feel if I did a crossover fanfiction, Doctor Who with Invader Zim?
I will justify the reasons for this later, why I would do it/how and so forth, but to start off with I would just like people's initial reaction. It may come to nothing before it's even begun.
Hiryu: Doc's bag is a portal. She's actually from another dimension and when she jumped into it, she ended up at a desk with a browser open on this site. That's how she found it.
We have a Doctor Who thread now. Doctor Who threads are cool.
Time Lady

Postby Blood Lord » Fri Nov 13, 2009 4:19 pm

I did a crossover fanfiction, Doctor Who with Invader Zim?

hahahahaha

wait, ur serious?
Jeffffey - Blood, you look at the information someone says, look over what really happened, and reply in a way that makes them realize what they were really thinking.
Light10s - Blood Lord! Your avatars are becoming more epic. You make me feel like getting on all fours and submitting my loyalty and obedience to you.
Fievel - Numerous campaigns and conquests, countless bodies decaying after the abandonment of victorious battlefields. Such is the life of Blood Lord.
Dusk_Imp - Blood Lord is like a celebrity here. Everything he does is pure awesome. ALL HAIL BLOOD LORD
Doctress Who - Why couldn't there be a Blood Lord in every forum? It would make life so much easier.
Mercypostle

Postby Doctress Who » Fri Nov 13, 2009 4:34 pm

I am actually being serious. As I said, it is just an idea at this stage...not even that, a thought even. It probably won't progress any further than that either (if your reaction 5 seconds after putting the idea out there is anything to go by lol ).
But I would like to see people's opinions on the idea (if, in the unlikely circumstance, the idea does go ahead).
Hiryu: Doc's bag is a portal. She's actually from another dimension and when she jumped into it, she ended up at a desk with a browser open on this site. That's how she found it.
Time Lady

Postby Fievel » Fri Nov 13, 2009 4:45 pm

Well, your writing so far is pretty good, but I'm not sure. I'll have to wait a few chapters before I could tell how loyal you can remain towards a series.

P.S. I wrote this on my PSP. I didn't know I could.
Offended.
Snafu Gold Card Member!

Postby Doctress Who » Fri Nov 13, 2009 5:13 pm

Fievel wrote:Well, your writing so far is pretty good, but I'm not sure. I'll have to wait a few chapters before I could tell how loyal you can remain towards a series.

Fair enough. Really I should have waited a little longer before sharing the idea.

However as I said, if it did go ahead it would be after I've finished my current fanfic, so there is plenty (and I mean plenty) of time to improve. One of the reasons I'm doing a straight forward Invader Zim fanfic before I consider anything else, is to discover for myself (as you rightly put it), how loyal I can remain towards a series. One of the first things I need to know before I consider taking the idea of other fanfics any further, is whether I'm any good at it in the first place. That is why I made this thread, not just to showcase my writing, but to discover for myself what I am/not capable of.
Anyway, at the speed I write, we are probably talking about a year or so into the future before any such crossover fanfic is made. And that's if it actually happens. The chances are, it won't even make it to that stage.

Fievel wrote:P.S. I wrote this on my PSP. I didn't know I could.

Ah. I didn't know you could do that either.
Time Lady

Postby Doctress Who » Mon Dec 07, 2009 6:18 pm

I have Updated! It's a miracle!

Chapter 3
ZIR, reporting for Duty

In the cafeteria at ‘Skool’, Dib plonked his tray down next to his sister’s.

“Zim’s planning something again, I just know it!”

Gaz, who was more than used to this by now, grunted without looking up from her Gameslave 2. If Dib wanted to speak to her, he’d have to content himself talking to the angular mop of purple hair that concealed most of her face from view, as she stared downward. Her squinted eyes were focused solely on the electronic screen before her – beyond the sight of glowing vampire piggies, Dib’s head and scythe-like hair was nothing more than a massive, irritating blur.

“He hasn’t been in school at all today,” Dib began, unaware that Gaz was quietly fuming beside him, as his voice continued to interrupt the flow of her concentration “– I bet he’s working on another scheme…I tried using the spy cameras I installed in his house to figure out what he’s doing – but the ones in his base are smeared with some sort of…strange substance. Do you think Zim’s worked out where they are and tried to sabotage them?”

“Dib,” Gaz growled, “If you make me loose this level, I shall see to it that your tongue is removed PERMANENTLY and that you never speak again.”

But her brother was too caught up in his own thoughts. “Who knows what he’s up to this time!…I’m going to have to wait until after school and see if I can sneak into his house again. IF he hasn’t strengthened the defences yet…I bet he’s thinking up another scheme as I speak! And if I don’t stop him then…”

Without a word, Gaz huffily walked away, fingers still jabbing away at the game console in her hands. Deciding to ignore him instead of ripping out his tongue was probably best for now, as she was preoccupied with her game. But it was still very tempting…

“Whatcha doin? Whatcha doin? Whaaatcha dooooin?” Asked GIR, bouncing around Zim as he worked.

The base had been cleared of the sludge by now – only a few splatters oozing out from the corners of work-surfaces remained. But Zim wore a mask as he worked all the same, still paranoid about the stink coming from the damaged SIR Unit.

“GIR,” said Zim through his mask, “You’re too distracting. Go up stairs and don’t come back down until I have finished!”

GIR had been bouncing about all over the place, but at Zim’s words he stopped suddenly.

“Yes Sir!” The robot said in the Standard SIR unit tone, his eyes glowing deep red as he saluted. Then they became wide and blue once more, as he added with a high pitched shriek: “Okie dokie!” and zoomed away out of sight.

Time passed. Zim continued to work. Sparks flew as he held a welding torch over the SIR Unit, the glints of light reflecting in his protective goggles. Day slowly turned into night – Zim wiped the moisture of his brow, but carried on. He cut and sawed and hammered and soldered, an unearthly glow reflecting onto his face and bouncing across the dark surfaces of the room. As the sky outside darkened even further, he held up two ends of cable in his hands, live and brimming with electricity. As he held the ends up to the SIR unit, lightening currents coursed through the whole of the base, so much so that it sent GIR screaming delightedly down to have a look, but Zim shooed the robot back upstairs before he could interfere.

Finally, in the dead of night, Zim’s work was done.

“IT’S…ALIVE!!” came the exclamation from Zim’s house.

A neighbour, who in the middle of the night just happened to be randomly reading his paper out in the yard, looked over towards the sound. He stared in the direction of Zim’s house.

“That darn green kid,” he muttered under his breath, and went back to his paper.

Back inside Zim’s Lab, the newly-fixed SIR unit stirred, its eyes flashing from an empty black to solid red.

“Systems fully functional!” it stated in the usual SIR unit tone, springing to its feet – and, noticing Zim, leapt down from the work-surface and saluted.

“ZIR, reporting for duty,” the unit told him stoutly.

“IT’S PERFECT!” Zim declared with a scream. Then, he stopped, looking quizzically at the new SIR unit. “‘ZIR’…? What does the ‘Z’ stand for?”

“I don’t know…” the unit said. Its tone was lowered darkly…almost meaningfully…

However Zim was oblivious. “Yes, yes,” he said waving a hand carelessly, no longer interested, “I thought you’d say something like that…Now” The Invader’s eyes gleamed, “To business. I’d like to test your skills as a new evil henchman, preferably on the Dib human…but that may have to wait until tomorrow. The amount of power I had to use to repair you means that my whole base now needs time to recharge, so I’m deactivating you until the morning.”

So saying Zim moved over to the robot, removing the lid on its head and flicking a switch. The red glow from the SIR Unit’s eyes dimmed and faded out, as the robot deactivated. Zim left ZIR propped up against a workbench, as he went to the lift and resurfaced from the toilet up into the kitchen. GIR was still on the living room sofa, watching a late-night repeat of ‘The scary Monkey show’ and tucking into giant globs of pizza.

“Oh yeah…” GIR told his master though mouthfuls of pizza, as the Irken walked into the room, “Dib showed up earlier with a moosey camera.”

Zim looked alarmed. “Dib?! – You didn’t let him in, did you?”

GIR waved a robotic hand carelessly, eyes now glued to the screen. “Nah. He wasn’t very nice. The squirrel army chased him all away, just like the peanuts. I like peanuts!”

Zim raised an eye at this, but sat down next to the robot on the sofa, shrugging it off. No doubt GIR had meant the security gnomes had taken care of Dib – not a squirrel army. Although…having an army of squirrels wouldn’t be a bad idea, come to think of it…He would have to remember that for future reference.

Meanwhile, back in the dark silence of Zim’s underground Lab, a pair of robotic eyes flickered back into life…

Slowly, ZIR sat up, and with a turn of his head, his eyes became dark once more. Only this time, his eyes didn’t become empty and lifeless. Instead they narrowed, becoming a glowing, shiny black, and his stitched up mouth grew into a twisted grin.

“AWWwww…Where did the monkey go?” moped GIR, as the last repeat of the scary monkey show ended, and was replaced with an early morning programme. The robot looked blankly at the screen for a moment, as if expecting the monkey to appear again at any second. “Monkey!” he shrieked at the screen – not realising that the people on the screen could not hear his demands.

Zim, having nothing better to do, had ended up watching the TV with him the whole night – and after having the defective SIR Unit giggling and murmuring at the screen for no apparent reason every few minutes, was glad to find it was morning at last. Stretching his aching limbs, he slipped off the sofa and headed off back into the depths of his base. He stepped up to the toilet – which was actually one of the many secret lifts that gave access to the Irken technology below. With a pull of the chain, the Irken was sent spinning downwards, complete with a realistic sounding toilet gurgle.

A platform beneath his feet, it was a smooth, swift lift journey down after that. Zim tapped his feet impatiently as the platform continued its descent, eager to get back to his ‘creation’. Finally, the lift slowed and glided to a stop, the alien metal doors before him sliding open with a futuristic hiss.

As the lights in the lab switched on automatically, he walked over to the deactivated Unit he had left there last night. He stopped for a moment, appearing to frown.

“That’s strange,” he commented to himself, discovering the lifeless robot right next to the computer, “I don’t remember leaving you there…” He scratched his head for a moment – before seeming to dismiss the thought entirely. “Oh well,” he shrugged carelessly, reaching over to reactivate ZIR.

The robot’s eyes flashed onto red, and it leapt to its feet. “ZIR, reporting for duty, Sir!” the unit declared, its reactions a lot quicker than the previous night.

“Excellent!” said Zim, pleased with his new mechanical minion. “Now,” he declared importantly, pacing up and down in front of the SIR unit, “I am going to assign you with your first mission. Your first mission will be to…uh…” he glanced around him for inspiration. “…Eh…hmmm…”

Whilst his attention was averted, ZIR’s red eyes refocused themselves on Zim, as he paced back and forth. Within the red glare of ZIR’s robotic vision, the robot’s systems began an analysis on the small green Irken before him. But something else caught the attention of both the SIR unit and Invader before either of them could progress any further.

“Whoooheee-hoo! Chicken time!” from a chute in the wall, another SIR unit shot out suddenly, eyes bright blue as it proceeded to dance around the room, making realistic clucking noises.

“GIR,” Zim demanded, irritated, “Who said you could come down here yet? Go back upstairs and…watch some more human broadcasts or something...just get out of my way.”

GIR looked up, pausing in mid dance. His eyes slowly flashed red as he saluted, and with that the robot shot back upstairs, apparently bursting into tears with disappointment.

ZIR, the other unit, watched him leave. “GIRRR…” the new unit repeated suddenly, his voice lowered darkly. ZIR’s robotic face seemed to change. His eyes twitched slightly, and flashed onto black.

“Huh?” asked Zim quizzically, snapping his head back around. But as the Irken turned back to look at the SIR Unit, its eyes flickered quickly back onto red in an instant.

“A temporary glitch in my system, Sir,” the robot told Zim. “Glitch is now fixed and will be dismissed.”

Zim gave a slight nod, clearly having already dismissed it. “Hmm. Now…as I was saying, your mission…”

He turned to the computer. “Computer, run up a file on the Dib.”

If I must, said the computer jadedly, as Irken symbols and a picture of a boy with thick circular glasses and dark scythe-like hair flashed up on the screen.

The Irken Invader gestured melodramatically towards the computer display. “Behold, ZIR, your first target! But first, I want you to spy on his house for me and send back useful information on all you find there.”

The unit saluted, unquestionably on full duty mode. “Yes Sir - I obey, Sir!” ZIR declared without delay.

Zim clasped and curled his fingers together, grinning to himself, as a new plan already began to formulate in his mind.

“Dib is always interfering in my plans and trying pitifully to spy on my base…let us see how he reacts when the tables are turned! Oh yes, Dib, you won’t be expecting this…!”

Behind him, ZIR’s twisted mouth grinned.

Time Lady

Postby Fievel » Mon Dec 07, 2009 6:37 pm

Tea and crumpets! I wasn't expecting one for a bit longer.

You know, so far, I'd say you're pretty good at writing fan fic, but was it really necessary to include the part about the toilet being a secret entrance? I'm pretty sure most people who read fan fiction tend to know a little something about that which they are reading. Anyways, nice job.
Offended.
Snafu Gold Card Member!

Postby Doctress Who » Mon Dec 07, 2009 6:43 pm

Almost a month to update, I know.

Yeah. That part I added in while I was editing it. I just thought I'd try and inject the story with more detail, but it seems I might have actually put a bit of purple writing/too much editing in there.
Thanks for the feedback.
Time Lady

Re: Doctress Who's TDROZ (InvaderZim fanfic) - Chapter 3 UPDATE!

Postby Fievel » Mon Dec 07, 2009 6:47 pm

I just read you sig. It made me laugh.

Anyways, you don't have to change it if you don't want to. It's just somewhat redundant to the IZ fan.
Offended.
Snafu Gold Card Member!

Postby Doctress Who » Mon Dec 07, 2009 6:56 pm

...But on the other hand, pretty useful for those who aren't as familiar with IZ.
Geez, it's hard to get the balance between the two. On the one hand, you don't want to insult the intelligence of fans. On the other hand, you want to make your story readable for everyone...
Meh. I might just leave it in there, now that it's there. I'll just make sure that I don't put in anymore unnecessary detail further down the line.

I just read you sig. It made me laugh.
heheh. I might steal your idea and put something humourous in my sig everytime I update...if you're ok with me stealing your idea, that is. :3
Time Lady

Postby Fievel » Mon Dec 07, 2009 6:58 pm

I don't mind at all. I'll need to start doing that again, as I had to stop momentarily due to space constraints that don't exist.
Offended.
Snafu Gold Card Member!

Postby Poseiden » Sun Dec 13, 2009 4:09 pm

i think i might make my signature be a song lyric
im currently taking suggetions must have a deep meaning
"Water is patient, water just waits. It wears down the clifftops, the mountains, the whole of the World. Water always wins!"

Postby Doctress Who » Sun Dec 13, 2009 6:47 pm

Um, does your signature have anything to do with my story, or literature updates in general?
If not, that was a bit off-topic, please refrain from doing that in the future, unless you have some constructive feedback on my story. Make a thread about it in one of the other forums if you're going to make a post like that. Thanks.

Don't mean to be picky, I just want to keep my Literature thread tidy and relevant.
Time Lady

Postby Poseiden » Tue Dec 22, 2009 8:51 pm

it was kinda off topic but u guys were talking about sigs right if not sory
"Water is patient, water just waits. It wears down the clifftops, the mountains, the whole of the World. Water always wins!"

Postby Doctress Who » Tue Dec 22, 2009 9:54 pm

We were talking about putting Literature update notifications in our signatures, yes, which was almost off topic, but it was still concerning literature.
Unless you are thinking of somehow putting your own song lyrics into your signature/adding a song lyric to your signature whenever you update your literature thread, then you were off topic.

But maybe I'm being a bit too harsh. PM me, and I'll be only too happy to help you out with your signature, away from this thread. But please don't post here (in this thread) again unless it's to give me feedback on my work. (That includes replying to this post - If you want to reply to this, PM me your reply. Do not post it here, plzkthxbai).
Time Lady

Postby Blood Lord » Tue Dec 22, 2009 11:59 pm

Nice update.

We were talking about putting Literature update notifications in our signatures

Its a good thing. People who check like(d) your story may not be aware that it has updated. They probably do not log on a lot, or don't come in here often. By having it in your sig, it acts like a flare gun to them.
Mercypostle

Postby Doctress Who » Sat Jan 02, 2010 8:23 pm

Yep, you'll never guess what, it's another update. No, you're not hallucinating . All though, it's been so long, you might want to go back and re-read some of the earlier stuff so that this next chapter makes sense.

Chapter 4
The Horror Begins…

“Zim, this lesson began five minuets ago, sit down.”

Zim marched through the door to class, whistling to himself. He was late, as usual. And, as usual, no one took any notice - apart from Dib, who stared at him accusingly from across the classroom.

“Class,” continued Ms Bitters, “Today we shall be discussing the failures of our society, and how you will one day inevitably contribute to it…”

Zim, who had sat down, was still smiling conceitedly to himself. Dib glared at him. “What’s so funny, Zim? Got another plan to destroy the earth?” He pointed accusingly in the green boy’s direction, making the rest of the class turn and stare. “You’re up to something!”

In his human disguise of wig and contact lenses, the invader stared back at Dib innocently. “Me? Up to something? How dare you accuse Zim of such treachery against my fellow meat-smells! I would never hurt anyone.”

The class turned back on Dib, staring at him reproachfully. Sighing, Dib turned away moodily towards the window. No one would ever believe him, would they?

Back across the classroom, Zim turned back to face the front, his grin broadening. From his seat he began to cackle quietly. “Mwaahahaha…hahahaha…!” Dib snapped his head round back to face him, and Zim immediately stopped, sitting bolt up right. “H’em,” - he cleared his throat.

At this point, a red flashing light and siren blared out from an alarm built on the side of the classroom wall. Ms Bitters growled, snatching up the receiver of the phone on her desk. “Yes, what is it?” she snapped down the line. She listened, occasionally hissing down the line from time to time. Quickly Ms Bitters slammed the phone back down, a trapdoor opening and engulfing it in flames. “Class, in recognition of national gluttony day, the school principle is allowing you to spend an extra hour over lunch.”

The class cheered.

“However,” Ms Bitters cut in like a knife, “It is not lunch break yet, so you will all turn your horrible textbooks to page 672 – in SILENCE.”

The class groaned, beginning to flick through their textbooks.

“But Ms Bitters,” said Dib, putting up his hand and frowning. “There are only 671 pages in the textbook.”

Ms Bitters hissed at him unpleasantly. “I said in silence, child!”

The mood on Planet Dirt had changed. There, amongst a crowd of Irken Janitors who had assembled, lay a sinister sight.

“Out of my way!” growled the Boss of the squad, shoving Irkens out of the way left right and centre, as he tore towards the scene. “For Irk sake, get out of the –” He paused midway through pushing another Irken away as his red eyes met the object in the centre of the crowd.

“No.” The anger died in his throat, as it was replaced with a numb horror. “Hatch?”

There was blood on the ground – Irken blood. The body of Janitor Hatch lay there, spread-eagled in the mud. His body was lacerated from head to foot – even his Pak, which lay on the floor in tatters. The Pak had been ripped away mercilessly from the Irken’s back – his only life support, taken from him and destroyed beyond repair. Hatch’s face, covered in his own blood, was fixed like stone. His still, wide red eyes seemed to stare straight at his boss, as if the young Irken could actually see him.

The Irken boss stepped towards Hatch’s body, letting the cold dead eyes of his worker bore into his own. Who had done this? What had done this? None of the operating machinery on the planet could have done that to him…so what did?

Hatch had already answered that one for them. Around him lay discarded tools and SIR unit parts that he’d been in the process of fixing together. On one fragment close beside him, he had etched three initials into the metallic surface, which was now stained with his own blood.

The initials read: ‘Z.I.R’.

The Janitorial Boss stared down at the letters. He recognised them. If he hadn’t been shaken by the death of an employee, he was certainly shaken now.

He called over a highly-promoted member of his staff. “Set up a communications line with The Massive immediately! This is far more serious than we thought...”

“G…IRRR…” called a lowered robotic voice from the Kitchen.

GIR had been on the living room floor of Zim’s house, humming to himself. He stuck his tongue out in concentration as he tried to make a smiley face out of Suck-monkey straws. However at the mention of his name, his blue eyes turned inquisitively towards the Kitchen. The lights had all gone out, and as the only other source of light came from the widows at the front of the house, the Kitchen was in almost complete shadow.

“Stay still, GIR…” came the voice again. The outline of a SIR unit stepped out from the shadows. Its eyes switched from duty-mode red to a glowing, shiny black, and its twisted mouth grinned slowly. “Stay perfectly still, GIR, perfectly still...”

As ZIR stepped closer, he drew out a set of ominous mechanical equipment from an invisible compartment in his side, holding them up against the dim light. They were stained with blood. GIR stared up at them blankly.

ZIR’s grin only grew wider. “Time for you to be…decommissioned,” the robot told GIR, his dark shiny eyes narrowing.

...End of Chapter 4
Time Lady

Re: Doctress Who's TDROZ (InvaderZim fanfic) - Chapter 4!

Postby Tragedy_and_Comedy » Sat Jan 02, 2010 9:17 pm

Run Gir! Run!!
You... you really don't get it... do you? I... I love him... I'd die with him. Or for him. That's what you do... how you feel when you love someone. - Impulse

Postby Fievel » Sat Jan 02, 2010 9:23 pm

Damn. I would have found some of this more funny had I not just watched There Will Be Brawl. Either way, still good so far.
Offended.
Snafu Gold Card Member!

Postby Doctress Who » Tue Jan 12, 2010 2:01 pm

Thanks for your comments.

INTRODUCING - A NEW STORY (COMING SOON)

Now what is this, I hear you cry? Something that isn't Invader Zim? *shockhorror*
I'll still be continuing the Invader Zim fanfiction, but I felt like writing some new, completely unrelated material (apart from the fact that it is still fanfiction).

- This new one is of course, based on none other than...
Doctor Who .
No cross-overs I promise, just Doctor Who (although there will be crossovers within the Doctor Who Universe (i.e. See 'Journey's End' for an in-canon example).

And if you're not a Dr who fan, I hope you'll still find this story interesting. Although there will be references in there that you won't get if you haven't watched the show, I'm going to try and make the story still accessible to everyone. If I'm being unclear about anything that's necessary to understand the plot, just tell me. This story will be written so that (hopefully) everyone can understand/enjoy it.

I was tempted to go back to my old work for this and recycle some of the material from my old Dr fanfics, but then I decided against it - so this is a completely fresh new story (which hopefully means, provided I'm not too busy, it will get updated quicker. I won't have to sift through pages of old writing to work out what needs to be rewritten).

>>>>>>SPOILER WARNING<<<<<<

As with many Series-based fanfictions, there are bound to be spoilers, so please be aware of that. I'll try and keep spoilers to a minimum, but in some cases it might be necessary to refer to past episodes/events.

This story takes place at the very end of Last of The Time Lords - Just before The Tenth Doctor drops off Captain Jack Harkness back at Torchwood, and right after the death of a certain character. So there will only be spoilers in here from Series 1, 2 and 3. Series 4 and the 2009 specials will therefore not be mentioned, although there might be a few moments of irony and in-jokes for those who have watched those.

The Current Doctor's companion during this story is Martha Jones - but be expected to see some of the Doctor's other companions make an appearance.

Last but not least, this will be a Multi-Doctor story. Two Doctors will feature in this story in particular - The Tenth and Ninth Doctors! It should, I hope, be Fan-tas-tic ;)

Oh yes, and if you have any questions, now is the time to ask.

First part of Chapter 1 to be posted here soon.
Time Lady

Re: Doctress Who's TDROZ Ch.4 & NEW STORY - DOCTOR WHO

Postby Fievel » Tue Jan 12, 2010 7:30 pm

No way! Doctress Who, doing a Doctor Who fanfic? Who ever saw that one coming?

Personally, I've never really seen that much Doctor Who stuff, but I do watch it with my mother occasionally, and I found it to be quite entertaining and interesting, but I never knew when they were showing new episodes, so....

Even so, I'm sure it'll be fine based on your work so far, and I will try to read it, and maybe start watching it online while I'm at it.
Offended.
Snafu Gold Card Member!

Re: Doctress Who's TDROZ Ch.4 & NEW STORY - DOCTOR WHO

Postby Doctress Who » Wed Jan 13, 2010 3:48 am

I know! Shocking, isn't it? Who would have guessed...

And thanks, I'm glad I'll at least have one loyal reader!

Oh yes, I forgot to add, the Doctor who one will be relatively more detailed than my Invader Zim story,

1. Because there are less people who know the show, so it makes sense to write the story with the Non-Doctor who viewers in mind, instead of just writing for fans. So there will be a bit of explaining as the story goes on.

2. The Doctor who show format is very different from Invader Zim. Invader Zim has stories designed around 10-20 mins, whilst the average Doctor who episode is 50 minuets, sometimes longer. So I can afford to put a bit more description in and still set it at the right pace for Dr who.

- As I mentioned, I'm going to write this story in a way that will make it easier for everyone to follow. But if you get around to watching a few episodes, that would be a bonus. I know a site that has most of the Dr who episodes online, so if you're interested PM me and I'll send you the link to it.

I think also I'm not going to post up full chapters anymore, because I can just tell the Doctor who one's will be a lot longer. I'm probably going to post this in parts - whenever I get to a place I can stop, I'll post that section and carry on writing the rest of the chapter. It will make updates quicker that way, too.

The 1st portion of the chapter is almost finished now. I'm just re reading it a little to check I haven't missed anything.
Time Lady

PreviousNext

Return to Literature