LI Closed

As the title suggests, feel free to RP it up.

Moderators: Mod Squad, RP Mod Squad

Re: Lunatic Inc. OOC: Lets start slow shall we?

Postby k_money516 » Wed Dec 30, 2009 10:47 am

TheMaddness wrote:... Besides the logical problems in the bio, I dont see his powers in here.

Can you please point out the logical problems in the bio?
K_Money516... All Day Every Day

Postby TheMaddness » Wed Dec 30, 2009 2:10 pm

Focus on the powers, that's more important at the moment. Namely, they aren't there.

Postby Zako » Wed Dec 30, 2009 2:12 pm

When will this RP start?
- Join the HUMP LEGION. Leading the Humping and Bumping since time began...*humpa humpa humpa* -

Note to self. Pg541
SPACE ASSHOLE...

Postby Rough Giraffe » Wed Dec 30, 2009 3:02 pm

As for the logical problems... not sure if I'll peg ALL of them, but let's crack down, eh?

k_money516 wrote:Name: Malachi Price

Bio: Malachi grew up in a town where the local bully 'ran the town', and the only way to ensure safety was to beat him up.

By this, I assume you mean that the Bully is a bit like a Tyrant, and the only way to avoid regular beatings was to be stronger than this Tyrant, break a bone or two, and become the "New Tyrant."

So in this sense we have a sort of society based off a Pride of lions. Off to a good start, in my opinion.

k_money516 wrote:What didn't help him out was the fact that he was a loner. This started in kindergarten, when all of the schoolkids avoided him due to their fear of him.

That's not exactly how a loner is made. People who fear someone will either shy away from him or try to befriend him to ensure that they are not subject to his wrath. Additionally, this doesn't really follow with the previous segment on the bully running the town. How is the fact that people fear Malachi in any way related to this bully who needs to get the shit beat out of him? And does this bully have a name?

k_money516 wrote:Starting in 7th grade, at age 13, he was constantly picked on by certain group of bullies, for various reasons.

I would suggest naming those reasons, as it adds to the character's development and reason for being, but that's not really a logic problem. Are these groups of bullies different from the one bully that runs the town, or are they his lackeys? Is there some hierarchy, or is it more of an anarchy?

k_money516 wrote:A year had went by, and by age 14, Malachi decided that this torment had to end. To protect himself, he took up self defense, and many styles of fighting.

I'm not sure if you're trying to say that it only took a few weeks or months for him to learn self-defense and "many styles of fighting," but that kind of training usually takes years to be good at. Just taking a self-defense course doesn't mean you'll know what to do when the time comes.

Someone who's never taken a self-defense course can still punch and pound and kick the shit out of someone, given the element of surprise. Isn't that why the other kids are afraid of him? He's tall and athletic, which to me infers a kind of sleek lethality that the other kids are adverse to crossing.

k_money516 wrote:Some time later, those who bullied him went to pick on him again, but just happened to catch him in a fight. After seeing what he could do, the bullies came to respect and fear him. After that day, nobody bothered bully him, but he saw that other kids were being picked on. So, he took it upon himself to protect them.

Uh... okay then.

First, the bullies "just happened to catch him in a fight?" Does that mean he fought them, or that they saw him fighting someone else? Next, the bullies "came to respect and fear him." Do you mean they respect his strength but are afraid he'll use it on them? And why would that be the automatic response of a bully? Most people who are (physically) strong do not automatically fear those who are also strong. It'd be like two lions marking the same territory. One would have to either die or submit to the other's strength. Two alpha males cannot meet at the same level without aggression. Along similar lines, if he's going out of his way to assist those who are weak, wouldn't he incur the wrath of those who are bullying the weak? He'd get in MORE fights that way, right?

k_money516 wrote:The principal noticed his behavior, and mistook it for an average delinquent’s, while most of the other kids praised him for what he did. But the adults didn’t feel the same way, so they decided that punishment was in order.

In a school where bullying is the NORM?! So, the principal sees him SAVING KIDS from OTHER BULLIES and decides to PUNISH HIM, and ONLY HIM.

Yeah, sure. That makes sense.{/sarcasm]

k_money516 wrote:Yet instead of suspending or expelling him, the principal decided to enroll him in the district’s ROTC program, to teach him discipline. MalachI first detested the idea, but grew into it a few months after.

Setting aside that this is supposed to be some kind of alternate universe, you cannot be PUT into the ROTC. Do you know what the ROTC is? It's the Reserve Officer Training Corps; it's a program that prepares those who wish to enter the Armed Forces as officers. It's a scholarship. It requires that you attend High School through your Junior year, achieve a good score on the SAT, and that you are of a specific minimum GPA for you to even be eligible. So it doesn't apply to this AT ALL. Why not say his parents sent him to Military School? That's a bit more practical, and relevant.

k_money516 wrote:He was placed into the program for his entire time of high school, from 9th grade until 12th grade. After he graduated from high school, MalachI looked for employment in an interesting form. He searched for 2 months, but nothing truly clever came up. In another week or so, he heard news of Lunatic Inc. This organization had truly sparked his interest, so he decided to check it out, to see what it was all about.

Going back to the ROTC thing, if he were in ROTC, he would not really need a job after graduating High School. He could go to college under the scholarship, and the program would effectively pay for everything he needed. After getting a Bachelor's, he could join the Military as an officer. Big money, and generally exciting.

I guess that's enough to start. If you're serious about this, a good overhaul is in order.

ED: Whoops. Made a few mistakes in the explanation of the ROTC program. Fixed.
A little bit Ruff around the edges

Postby TheMaddness » Wed Dec 30, 2009 9:00 pm

thanks ruff.

Anyway, Zako, im thinking probably on Friday, though if the Stragglers get their CS's up soon, it could start sooner.

Postby Zako » Wed Dec 30, 2009 9:47 pm

Usually stragglers won't do much until you set a definite last day you will be accepting CSs. If you do that, they will probably jump to it. I honsetly want to get started as well.
- Join the HUMP LEGION. Leading the Humping and Bumping since time began...*humpa humpa humpa* -

Note to self. Pg541
SPACE ASSHOLE...

Postby Ro Wong » Thu Dec 31, 2009 2:58 am

I doubt I'll be able to make progress to make any soon date. So I won't mind joining after it's already started. I don't really want any sort of special treatment or anything.
Demon of Elru

Postby Eternal Rain » Thu Dec 31, 2009 3:44 am

Blurg X_x I feel dead lately.. >.> Nothing to do over Christmas break :/ I need to get out of the house... >.>
Stufflikehearts: Wow, spam is being nice o.o
Tragedy_and_Comedy: Rainy, imitation is the sincerest form of flattery.
Jasthn: I'm beginning to like Eternal Rain. :D
Jasthn: You are quickly becoming my bestest friend.
Garethcool: pwnt. like. a. newb.
Leopardess: Awesomesauce, good job! :D -hugs and tosses confetti about-
IamAlphaGeek: Wootz! My neck wont have brooses!!! For now at any rate!

Postby TheMaddness » Thu Dec 31, 2009 9:22 pm

Okay den. The first Sign ups will close on Tuesday. First, because I plan on opening them up again at some later date, because lets face it, people here have a habit of Disappearing into oblivion.
Tuesday because even if i start tommorow, I doubt we'll get too far ahead by then, so anyone who still wants to participate can have their CS' up, and there posts in by then. yes, you have to get your CS up, and post in the IC by tuesday, not one or the other, or youre out of luck.

Everyone okay with that?

Postby Slipslash » Fri Jan 01, 2010 5:15 pm

Right-O boss
*WHAT I THOUGHT I'D DO WAS PRETEND I WAS ONE OF THOSE DEAF-MUTES*

Postby Keiran » Fri Jan 01, 2010 10:43 pm

I eagerly await the beginning.

Postby Geomancer » Sat Jan 02, 2010 12:06 am

I'm ready for the start!

By the way, if you haven't noticed, I'm slowly adding the descriptions of each of the spirits.
Final Fantasy IX was the best Final Fantasy game ever and if you think otherwise you are WRONG!

My fanfiction account. Comments and criticisms are very welcome.
GMancer

Postby TheMaddness » Sat Jan 02, 2010 4:31 am

Ta da! Topic is up.

Things are looking good so far arent they! lol

Postby TheMaddness » Sat Jan 02, 2010 11:32 pm

Name:Kallis Mystlaine

Physical Description: Caucasian, At a height of 5'7 and average weight, with short buzz cut black hair, and dark eyes. Well built, though he at first glance appears a little thin.

Equipment: His normal uniform is a Half zipped black jacket with red sleeves, and black denim shorts. Heavy duty looking metal arm guards adorn each wrist, and a blade-less sword hilt hangs from a clasp around his neck, Normal titanium grip wrapped in cloth.

Theme Song: Under the Boughs- The Sword

Powers:
Ebony Shade:???

Regeneration

Skills:

Titles: Dark Blade

Durp durp. Im going to wait till a bit later to post again, since things will start moving along pretty quickly and it'll difficult to catch up. That is, unless some special person catches on to the clues I've dropped and figures out what they need to do before then ;)

Postby TheMaddness » Sun Jan 03, 2010 1:57 am

ooh, looks like someone is thinking on the right track maybe?

Postby sam4books » Sun Jan 03, 2010 9:51 am

I'm just going to take a wild guess here, but its either there is some sort of registration building somewhere, hidden from the naked eye/hidden in plain sight, or there's an elite amongst the group. Note this is just what I got from over-reading people's posts, but maybe it has something to do with that streetlight. I do not trust that streetlight, if anything streetlights are always (in all the books I've read/movies I've seen/shows I've watched) what they do not seem, and there's that flier too.

I swear, there's something about that streetlight that's veeeery suspicious....

....I'm on to you Maddness :P
Musicmac: "Sam4Books: Always ready to cheer things up with awesome art. Terms and Conditions apply."
In passing

Postby Slipslash » Sun Jan 03, 2010 12:37 pm

You've got to think crazier then that Sam

It's Lunatic Inc. after-all!
*WHAT I THOUGHT I'D DO WAS PRETEND I WAS ONE OF THOSE DEAF-MUTES*

Postby Rough Giraffe » Sun Jan 03, 2010 12:39 pm

I think Scael will fit right in, don't you?
A little bit Ruff around the edges

Postby sam4books » Sun Jan 03, 2010 12:43 pm

@Slipslash: I still hold true to the streetlight theory :P I mean look at it! It's staring!
Musicmac: "Sam4Books: Always ready to cheer things up with awesome art. Terms and Conditions apply."
In passing

Postby Geomancer » Sun Jan 03, 2010 3:34 pm

Well it is called 'Discography'. Disco lights, maybe? I dunno.
Final Fantasy IX was the best Final Fantasy game ever and if you think otherwise you are WRONG!

GMancer

Postby sam4books » Sun Jan 03, 2010 3:39 pm

The only thing that comes to mind now is a disco ball...and that cannot be right...

Meh, I guess we'll see soon enough. Kiddos to Maddness for keeping us guessing though.
In passing

Postby Mastermind001 » Sun Jan 03, 2010 4:26 pm

To be honest, I figured it was something to get rid of the other applicants, a use of deception or violence. I prefer deceit, but I'm theatrical.
"Fate smiles on the strange. So its a good thing, I'm the strangest of all." - William Livingstone, Cirque de la Nuit
More Robots

Postby sam4books » Sun Jan 03, 2010 4:29 pm

Well, getting that one guy mad would be a good thing for Charles if that were the case xD
In passing

Postby Geomancer » Sun Jan 03, 2010 5:32 pm

If someone hits first, it'll probably turn into a brawl. If Mad doesn't want that, he should probably give us some kind of hint soon.

GMancer

Postby Nelo Angelo » Sun Jan 03, 2010 7:29 pm

Is this Rp open?

You think your evil? You want to see real evil? Then allow me to educate you...

PreviousNext

Return to Role Playing