Fanfiction: Endless Summer

Fan-fiction, short stories, screenplays, poems -- anything text-based really belongs here.

Moderator: Mod Squad

Re: Fanfiction: Endless Summer

Postby Snake Chomper » Mon May 23, 2005 12:43 am

Lucky! Bleedman forum gets the next chapter before Fanfiction!

Chapter 6 Part 1

Not a person moved in the club. Still shaking off the after-effects of Ember’s spell, they were surprised to find their idol replaced by a new, more sinister looking version of herself. Also, they didn’t recognize the four girls and two men on stage, not realizing that minutes beforehand, it was these six who had freed all from the spell.

“What happened to the music?â€

Postby Snake Chomper » Mon May 23, 2005 9:38 pm

Chapter 6 Part 2

Half the club crackled with flame as the fires moved out from the stage into the main part of the club, dashing up the speakers and sending sparks flying to the dance floor alone. Standing unfazed by all this was Dark Ember, holding her position at the center of the stage. Meeting her with matching fortitude was Jack, standing out at the center of the dance floor, his hand upon the hilt of his sword.

The new Ember spoke with absolutely no giddiness or innocence that the old Ember once had.

“Finally, we are alone. You know, at first, samurai, I did not realize it was you. Several hundred years has a way of ruining a man’s memory, but it also allows old wounds to fester. Do you remember me, samurai? It’s Itami, the mighty pirate, if you’ve forgotten. I remember you. How can I forget, considering what you did to me?â€

Postby Snake Chomper » Tue May 24, 2005 10:21 am

Chapter 6 Part 3

Dropping the smile for a look of sheer hatred, Ember darted forward and jabbed with her first sword while bringing the second down in an overhead smash. Jack parried the first blow while dodging the second one.

Slashing at Ember, Jack missed but had to block quickly as Ember used the momentum from the downward blow to spin in a circle, her arms out at her side. Jack blocked the first slash then stepped backward to dodge the second before jabbing at Dark Ember a few times.

With amazing speed, Ember dodged the first three blows and knocked away the fourth, before coming back at Jack with several jabs of her with her two swords.

Jack did a small leap backward, then used the extra space to perform a powerful strike. Dark Ember, crossing her swords, caught the blade. Jack and Itami’s blades were now caught together.

Looking into Dark Ember’s soulless eyes, Jack gave his sword a push, which broke the crossed swords. Ember tried to slash Jack’s exposed waist with both her swords, but Jack once again used her superior speed to drop to the ground as the two blades passed over him. He then tried to counter by jabbing at Dark Ember’s waist, but Dark Ember did a split and came down to Jack’s level.

Jabbing desperately at Jack, Dark Ember tried to get in another blow but Jack rolled away then spun his legs to right himself. Jack stood up and took a step backward, but was stopped as he ran into the guard rail. Below him the fires had spread heavily, and a fall from here would put him in the middle of the inferno.

Seeing her advantage, Dark Ember charged at Jack prepared to press her luck.

Thinking quickly, Jack jumped into the air and grabbed onto an overhead beam for the third floor. He pulled himself onto the rafters a few feet below the roof. Dark Ember, unable to match Jack’s amazing leap, ran for the stairway up to the third floor.

Looking up at the roof, Jack realized that the roof above him was covered with flames, and standing up would only burn him. Unable to stand, he was forced to fight in a squatting position.

Jack quickly broke his observation of the roof as Ember charged him blades ready. Rolling backwards, he kicked Ember in the stomach flipping her past him.

Landing head-over-heels, Dark Ember shot her arm out at the flames above Jack. Adrenaline ripping through him, Jack rolled forward towards Ember, dodging a wall of flame that poured down on the rafter, cutting the walkway away from its supports. The walkway beneath Jack gave a little, with painful creaking noises coming from the bending metal. Though it wasn’t enough to put the warrior at risk of falling, it did force him to use some caution.

Seeing this, Dark Ember pointed her hand at the fire in front of Jack. Jack, realizing what she was doing, charged Ember. However, the flames got there first and cut the walkway in two. Ember watched as the walkway fell into the sea of flames below. However, she what she didn’t see was Jack go with it.

Frantically searching both sides of the walkway, Ember found Jack hanging on to the railing below the walkway.

“Why won’t you just die?!?â€

Postby Snake Chomper » Thu May 26, 2005 9:00 pm

Act I End

“Please samurai. You are the most powerful warrior to walk this world since our matriarch fell. We are strong in the Way, but we can only dream of gaining skills such as yours. Our people are strong and ready to fight. Join us, lead us, and we will follow you.â€

Postby Snake Chomper » Sat May 28, 2005 10:22 pm

Act II
“Where another is revealed,
sorcery meets science,
and plots begin to thicken.â€

Postby GridsNaranek » Sat May 28, 2005 10:33 pm

Tis good! Tis really good!
Bloodsguar Studios member

WE ARE ALL GRIDS

Postby Snake Chomper » Mon May 30, 2005 10:52 pm

Fanfiction is currently messed up, so the completed chapter won't be posted until its finished.

Testing out original characters here! Tell me what you think!

Chapter 8 Part 2
After a long day on the beach, Frankie had suggested the entire group visit Cinema Square, since it was Wednesday night and a theme night. Cinema Square was the island’s resident amusement park, and since it serviced the entire island, it was extremely well-built and maintained, acting more like a massive social center with rides rather than an amusement park. Every Wednesday and Friday, the park hosted a theme night. Some nights the park was dressed up in a historical period, whether it was the Wild West or Victorian Europe. Other nights were musically-based themes, such as the pop music of the 80s or the rebel music of 60s America. Everyone dressed accordingly.

Tonight, the park was celebrating the 19th century, a time when old traditions were meeting new ways of thinking. People were dressed in everything from kimonos, samurai armor, and ninja garb, to pirate costumes, Victorian style suits and dresses, and even old-fashioned American Navy uniforms.

The park was massive, taking up the entire south-west corner of the island. Though not the size of an amusement park such as Disneyland, it was very large and had several themed districts. Unlike mainstream amusement parks, visitors did not need to pay to get in, only to ride and play the attractions. Since it was a part of the boardwalk, anyone could walk through the park and take in all the sights. At the end of the boardwalk was the Pier, which shot out into the crystal clear ocean, which was populated during the day by fishermen, but during the night became a popular teen hangout and a romantic meeting place. The park always boasted large numbers every night, and was a resounding success for such an island in the middle of nowhere. While the park was renowned for its rides and attractions, it also had a restaurant district, with many different authentic culture restaurants. One of the restaurants was the El Mariachi, a Mexican restaurant whose gimmick was, of course, Mariachis who sang during dinner.

Sitting at an outside table under the stars, Jack, Jackie and Jade, the Professor and the Powerpuff Girls, and Frankie, finished their dinner while listening to the songs of the mariachis.

[i]“Malaguena salerosa
Besar tus labios quisiera
Besar tus labios quisiera.
Malaguena salerosa
Y decirte nina hermosa.

Que eres lin........da y hechicera,
Que eres linda y hechicera
Como el candor de una rosa.
Y decirte nina hermosa.â€

Postby Mauser » Tue May 31, 2005 7:39 pm

this is really good,

and to think i didnt even know that fanfiction.net existed untill yesterday

Added after 2 hours 40 minutes:

uh...how did you register at fanfiction.net?
I am NOT insane!

"I wanna be a mongoose"

Postby Snake Chomper » Sat Jun 04, 2005 11:48 pm

There's a register button next to the log in button on the top tab, under the header and to the right.

Also, due to the fact that I now have a job which I spend ten hours a day at, chapters will come slower. However, the next chapter will be up before the weekend.

Plus, there's another problem. From June 14th -21st, I will be out of my country (U.S.A.) with little to no access to a computer, thus putting a hold on any updates.

Finally, on July 18th I head out for a month to somewhere I can't talk about, because its classified. Seriously. I want to finish this fic before then, but I don't know if I'll be able to accomplish this. Hopefully, I'll be near the end or on the last few chapters, that way I can leave with some sense of accomplishment, but I definately want to finish this fic before the end of the summer.

Also, I have the weekend off, so I'll be working on concept sketches to post on my DA page, but don't bother going now, since there's nothing there.

Added after 11 hours 4 minutes:

Spyke the Hedgehog: Of the four you mentioned, two are OCs, one is a character from an old cartoon show, and the last character (or should I say, characters) are actually quite famous, and if you know your literature you’ll recognize them.

For anyone who’s wondering, there really is a Cinema Village in Japan, where people dress up in feudal costumes and wander the park watching shows.

<>

Walking through the center of Cinema Square, Blossom, Frankie, and Jackie took in the sights of the theme park. Along the pier, the centerpiece of all the rides had to be the enormous Ferris wheel, spinning slowly as the lights on the sides created various shapes and illusions. Several more rides, some designed for the kiddie crowd, others built for adrenaline enthusiasts, dotted the park at various intervals, surrounded by the occasional t-shirt store and lemonade stand. The crowds moved in and out, jamming up whenever a large ride let out, and becoming even thicker as the night moved on and the throngs of teens arrived. The park would remain crowded long after the attractions closed, but most of the families left the boardwalk long before then, as anyone who stayed out too late was simply asking for trouble. However, at this moment, everyone was having a good time and enjoying themselves.

“So, where should we go first?â€

Postby Snake Chomper » Sun Jun 05, 2005 10:42 pm

Holding her position only several meters from the target, the Chinese spy pressed her back against the wall, taking only shallow breathes in order not to reveal herself, blowing the entire mission.

Stealing a peek around the wall, she watched as the samurai called Jack sitting across from one of the Powerpuff Girls, eating some ice cream at an ice cream parlor.

“Dun dun duhdundun…â€

Postby AnimemanY2K » Mon Jun 06, 2005 5:12 pm

Good stuff. I was nearly put off by the huge prologue but I'm enjoying what I've read so far. You also seem to have a habit of mixing up your him's and her's on occassion but that aside its really great.

Oh and I suspected the badguy to be Aku right from the start pretty much. ;)
favourite tv character quote:
"I'm gonna get 24th century on his ass!"
robot cop futurama.

Postby Snake Chomper » Mon Jun 27, 2005 9:30 am

If you haven't figured it out yet, I've stopped posting on this site. Go to FF.net to continue reading the new chapters.

Previous

Return to Literature