Well, I was tossing up whether or not to make a Thread, as I'm terrible at updating. However I thought I'd give it a try.
The following story is one that I started on my Fanfiction.net account, but I'm posting it on here so I can perhaps get some more constructive feedback - rather than the usual response: "Omg that's really good keep writing!" - which, as nice as it is, it isn't very constructive.
I might end up posting drips and drabs of other stories (both fanfic and original work) on here too - I'll update this first post if and when I do.
*~*~*~CONTENTS~*~*~* (Will edit as and when I add new Chapters)
Invader Zim - The Doomed Rise of ZIR
Chapter 1: Just Beneath the Surface
Chapter 2: Broken Like A Noodle
Chapter 3: ZIR, Reporting For Duty
Chapter 4: The Horror Begins...
Chapter 5: Coming Soon
Doctor Who - Quantum Lock
Introducing the new Story: Can be found Here
Chapter 1a: Allons-y!
Chapter 1b: Allons-y!
Chapter 2: The Ninth Doctor
Capter 3: Coming Soon
* * *
In Regards of Fanfiction...(This doesn't just apply to Invader Zim, but it also applies to all my fanfiction)
Although I can't guarantee my Fanfiction will be decent (since Fanfiction rarely is 'decent'), I can promise the following from my stories:
- - There will be NO, and I mean, NO crack pairings, out of canon-romances, etc.
In other words, no romance whatsoever in Invader Zim - no ZaTr, no ZaGr, nor any other unsavory pairings. I find the whole thing disgusting and wish to have nothing to do with it.
- No unecessary, stupid gimmicks. I.e. Inserting a song in there because "It is soooo (character's name)'s theme!!! Oh omg this would be on their Ipod!!1" <_<
- OC will be limited to brief appearances - no OC friendship or romances. If I do use reoccuring OC's, they will be either villains or minor characters. I do not intend to 'insert' some random OC as a main character...I hate it when people do that.
- I will do my utmost to keep character's in character as much as I am capable. No, Zim will not become best friends with Dib, No, Dib will not become emo and turn into a homocidal maniac wannabe, or anything of the sort.
- I will also try to keep the plot and characters in sync with the canon episodes. They will (hopefully) have a simialr flow to them, I won't go off on tangents explaining certain things unless it is relevant to the story, and I will always try to give it the feel of an invader zim episode, albeit an extra long episode.
- Although it is fanfic, and I don't take it as seriously as I do with my original work, I put as much effort, time and energy into it as I do with any story- if not more because I'm worried about spoiling the show.
-I very rarely write without editing and re-editing my work. Even if it's fanfiction, I still tend to be a bit of a perfectionist, so I will never post anything until I'm 95% happy with it - and I'm never 100% happy with any of my writing. Ever.
Things you should know about the following Fanfic (A warning of caution):
- - It will have some out-of-canon concepts (i.e. Gir's past)
- Although I will try to stay as true to show as I can, there is no guarantee. Obviously my writing style and the way I tell a story will effect how this Fanfiction comes across. I am not Jhonen Vasquez - I'm Doctress Who. There is going to be a significant amount of difference.
- It is fanfiction. There's nothing that can change that. That brings a warning of caution in itself.
So, I have given you a list of what will not be in my fanfiction, what I will attempt to get rid of, and a warning of what will remain.
As i said - Romances? Fangirl slush? Annoying Mary-sue OC's? Hell No.
But read at your risk, and make of it what you will...