Youmacon Detroit convention

Discuss new comics, posts, and news directly from the Snafu-Comics main page!

Moderator: Mod Squad

Postby Dave » Thu Oct 29, 2009 11:15 am

I'm off to a convention in Detrioit. I believe it's called Youmacon or something like that. I'm not entirely sure this is very last minute they gave me a table. So ummm yeah I'm out the door.
WiNg0o wrote:To be honest I thought Dave just existed. In the beginning there was Dave.
Administrator

Re: Youmacon Detroit convention

Postby dramasweety » Thu Oct 29, 2009 4:43 pm

Littlekuriboh (I hope you know who he is) is going to be there :)
Image Don't we all have those days?

Postby ChatterOut » Thu Oct 29, 2009 8:22 pm

From what I remember, Dave met LK before....AS HIS PERSONAL BODYGUARD AGAINST THE RAVAGING FAN BASE AT AWA (anime weekend atlanta). OH GAWD! THE HOARDS!!!! WHERE WAS THE ALLIANCE WHEN YOU NEEDED THEM?! Hehehe, when LittleKuriboh appeared by the booth, people kept lining up. I made sure to keep Dave enough company that he probabky wanted to jam some pencils in his ears and hope he went deaf to drown out my tremendous rants...I tended to appear just to chat with him like an idiot.

...HEY DAVE! Here's an Idea...do people still ask if your Bleedman? You should turn this into a game!

Make a TALLY GAME! You get a big posterboard, or whiteboard thing, and hang it up where you can show to poeople and write at the same time. Every time someone asks if you, anyone there, is Bleedman you make a tally then say "No...I am not Bleedman". We'll then find out how many people actually know what Bleedman looks like...that or you can price up the merchandise for them...or even label the tally, PEOPLE WHO DON'T GIVE A CRAP ABOUT ME!

....just for fun!

Postby kasumiharu » Thu Oct 29, 2009 11:09 pm

Youmacon!! I leave tomorrow!! Hope to see ya Dave!!!!

Postby rezuri-chanchan » Sat Oct 31, 2009 10:53 pm

I can't believe my luck! My first con EVER and DAVE is there. god. i almost had a heart attack. I was the girl with the blue and pink mad hatter hat...thing. lol
"Cuz I hop up out the car so clean got them haters thinkin 'Gee, who is that swaggeriffic individual?'" Rezu-ismz
"Stay away from my blades. In fact, don't touch any of my weapons without my permission."
"Well, there goes my plan for selling them on eBay," Clary muttered.
"Selling them on what?"
"A mythical place of great magical power.""
{{Jace & Clary}} - City of Bones by Cassandra Claire

Location: neverland. but its okay. im a girl. i don't have to worry about michael raping me. :/

Postby Pink » Mon Nov 02, 2009 1:17 am

Glad you were able to make it to the convention. Didn't get a chance to stop by your booth. I was stuck behind the registration counter most of the con. (Thank you for the clips btw.) Hopefully you'll join us again next year!

Postby El_Matador » Mon Nov 02, 2009 10:03 am

The con was fun dave. It was nice to meet you. I was the guys who bought the Mega Man Robot Master poster and the Brain Dead Poster and I think I had either my optimus prime or my Espana shirt on then. Yay wish I describe myself better but yay I'm not a costume wearing guy like alot of the peeps there

Postby AbysalAero » Tue Nov 03, 2009 12:08 am

It was a huge turnout of luck that at my first con ever I got to meet Dave! I was the Sora with the blue hair. I do wish I was a little less akward with the conversation but it was a little overwhelming to meet a man you've looked up to for years, we had a slight currency to hand shake mix up but it was pretty funny :)

Postby Femerithian » Tue Nov 03, 2009 3:18 pm

not quite detroit yet... that's next year this years was in dearborn technically speaking >>;
I saw you ^w^/ I was the girl dressed as leon from tales of destiny... big pink cloak couldn't have missed it... stood there talking to you for like ever ^w^
by the way why hasn't happy been updateing invader zim comic?
and the other comics that seriously have been lacking in their updates are
soul frontier and forgotten tower... both of which I've been watching and waiting for to update...
there are probably some other's that haven't updated for awhile that I haven't had the time to check them out yet...
when you named off the comics you draw I didn't really remember which ones they were right off the bat... though I have read bit's and pieces of some of them... but their mostly targeted to boys so I've not really gotten that into them... ^^; I'm just too girly at heart ^^;

........................................................................... >> ..............................................................................
<< ...................................................................... CUTNESS RULES ALL \>w</
Much Love

Postby Blood Lord » Tue Nov 03, 2009 5:22 pm

why hasn't happy been updateing invader zim comic?

Happy quit.

and the other comics that seriously have been lacking in their updates

Most of them have quite as well, but some are still on hiatus until the authors can get sometime to address it again.

Like Ever After. It is still going to happen, but Endling is busy right now.
Stufflikehearts - He is a Sith Lord. I love Blood Lord :3
Jeffffey - Blood, you look at the information someone says, look over what really happened, and reply in a way that makes them realize what they were really thinking.
Light10s - Blood Lord! Your avatars are becoming more epic. You make me feel like getting on all fours and submitting my loyalty and obedience to you.
Fievel - Numerous campaigns and conquests, countless bodies decaying after the abandonment of victorious battlefields. Such is the life of Blood Lord.
Dusk_Imp - Blood Lord is like a celebrity here. Everything he does is pure awesome. ALL HAIL BLOOD LORD
Doctress Who - Why couldn't there be a Blood Lord in every forum? It would make life so much easier.
Snafu Gold Card Member!

Postby kasumiharu » Thu Nov 05, 2009 8:16 pm

rezuri-chanchan wrote:I can't believe my luck! My first con EVER and DAVE is there. god. i almost had a heart attack. I was the girl with the blue and pink mad hatter hat...thing. lol

I know!! I gotten to see him too!! It was also my first con!!! Best day ever when he shaked my hand <33 ^_^

Return to Comic Updates and News!