RolePlay - Idea Board

As the title suggests, feel free to RP it up.

Moderators: Mod Squad, RP Mod Squad

Re: RolePlay - Idea Board

Postby sam4books » Tue Sep 08, 2009 7:34 am

>_> <_< Maybe?
Musicmac: "Sam4Books: Always ready to cheer things up with awesome art. Terms and Conditions apply."
In passing

Postby Zelosse » Tue Sep 08, 2009 7:36 am

I may be interested...

Postby ViviGlow » Tue Sep 08, 2009 12:34 pm

Ah, any interest in the HxH one?
I... am plotting something... he he he he...

Postby zenieth » Tue Sep 08, 2009 3:49 pm

It's a rather interesting idea Hana, though I'd really like to see your work on the other two species before giving much thought on it.
Bene Bene Grazie

Postby Yumeko » Tue Sep 08, 2009 3:52 pm

Since she's basing it off of a series of role-playing games written by the White Wolf game company, you could just try looking it up. Though you'd want to reference the old World of Darkness and not the new one.

Why follow me to higher ground?
Lost as you swear I am...
-- "December," Collective Soul

Postby Aura » Tue Sep 08, 2009 4:29 pm

Since you plan to rule out the dice dynamics, I color myself interested.

Postby Geomancer » Tue Sep 08, 2009 4:52 pm

ViviGlow wrote:Monstrous Animals, Buried Riches, Hidden Treasure, Worlds of Demons, Unexplored Lands, And the word 'unknown' seems magic and some men are attracted by this force. These men are called 'Hunters'

Hunters are a special breed, dedicated to tracking down treasures, magical beasts, and even other men. But such pursuits require a license, and less than one in a hundred thousand can pass the grueling qualification exam. Those who do pass gain access to restricted areas, amazing stores of information, and the right to call themselves Hunters.

You are one of the people attracted to the hunter exam. All of you have a personal goal to particpate in an exam in which you risk your life. You've heard of how hard the exam is and you will need all of your strength and will to even have a chance of passing it. Be ready for the worst for you are sure to recieve it.

Character name: (Obvious)

Character description: (The space for said confusing appearance, picture or two paragraphs both work well.)

Dislikes: (Getting shots)

Goal: (Why your character is risking their life)

Weapon(s): (If they came without some kind of weapon… I pity them, martial art skills can just be put as hands or legs)

Nen Type: (I’ll roll to determine what each person gets, you can have one reroll but if you do you can’t have the previous roll)

Special Techniques: (Work these out after you get a type)

Background: (It’d be nice to have this long, not too long mind you. Try to remember that someone is going to read all of it so walls of text are discouraged, paragraphs are your friend :D)

Misc: (Did I forget anything.. I hope not, if you want anything more put it here)

Since the creator is a little too timid to do this, I'm reposting it.
Final Fantasy IX was the best Final Fantasy game ever and if you think otherwise you are WRONG!

My fanfiction account. Comments and criticisms are very welcome.
GMancer

Postby Aura » Tue Sep 08, 2009 4:57 pm

It looks...laking.

Not that I don't think Vivi can do a good job, but an universe are complex as the HxH's demands more preliminar detail; she doesn't even call it way.

Postby Mastermind001 » Tue Sep 08, 2009 5:15 pm

A good example of a good executed HxH rpg would be Bob's

Bob wrote:Hunter x Hunter

The Common Man’s Guide to Hunters

What do you want to do?

If you live in this world, you have to have something you’re striving for. Something that you’ll fight for till the very end, beyond all reason and limitations.

So is it wealth? Power? Revenge? Your loved ones? Your own survival? Or perhaps a bit of excitement?

Well, sometimes it doesn’t really matter. Chances are though, unless you just want to live a normal boring life, becoming a Hunter is the easiest way to achieve your goal.

Those who sought power used the influence of Hunters and rose on to become leaders, presidents, even dictators of their own personal countries.

No Hunter has to ever worry about such things as money, nearly every expense is taken care of and a yearly salary is given even if you do absolutely nothing.

Of course, no one fights more than a Hunter and they have every tool imaginable at their disposal.

The list could go on forever, but the simplest way to understand is to simply open your history textbook and look up all the famous people within. It doesn’t really matter where you’re from or what time period you’re reading this, it’s assured that more than half the people you find are Hunters of one kind or another.

So?

Do you want to become a Hunter?

So what exactly is a Hunter?

Simply put, a Hunter is a paid adventurer. Often times they have considerable fighting abilities, but that’s where their similarities usually end. Hunters are completely free to choose what they’d like to specialize in whether that be searching for rare jewels, wild life, lost treasures, medical miracles, criminals, bounties or even nothing at all. The most notable thing about being a Hunter is the amount of privileges and resources given to them. Hunters are free to travel to any place in the world, can bypass most security checks, given access to a vast information network and records from nearly every country. Services such as car rental, world-wide lodging, attorneys-at-any-time and instant-response medical attention are all available. Every thing is provided by the Hunter Organization and the only thing they ask in return is 10% of your greatest achievements.

How do I become a Hunter?

With so many benefits and services, nearly everyone wants to become a Hunter. However before you can even take the yearly Hunter Exam, you must first catch the eye of an actual Hunter. While most times, Hunters can’t be bothered to look for new recruits, if by chance they do stumble onto any they can recommend them immediately to the Organization. Then there are Hunters who don’t hunt for jewels or what-not, but rather potential Hunters. Run across one of these folks, show them the right thing or two and you might be invited to the Hunter Exam. But there’s no point in telling you about the Hunter Exam here since the conditions and rules change every year. Here’s an important piece of information, though: Most of the Hunters who look for potential talent like to roam the earth aimlessly, however there is one place in the world that is guaranteed to have at least one Hunter around and that’s the Celestial Tower.

Celestial Tower?

A 251-floor building of life and death fights, it’s the capital of violence and brutality and cheating and gambling. The lower-ranked fighters battle it out in large numbers on the lower floors and the higher-ranked ones duel each other on the higher floors. Fighters do it for glory and the cash prizes while spectators get to watch the bloody spectacle and make wagers. It’s the perfect place to showcase your fighting abilities if you were ever so inclined. It’s also the best place to nab the attention of a Hunter. Beware two things, many seeking to be Hunters will come and safety is NOT guaranteed.

Victories are determined in a match only by KOs and TKOs (dropping to the ground or getting knocked out of the ring and being counted out for ten seconds).

Anything else?

Don’t die. Weapons are allowed at the Celestial Tower. You need to be intelligent as well as strong in order to become a Hunter. Watch out for Fake Hunters, swindlers and other suspicious folk. Have the strength to accept failure.

Finally, ask yourself, “Do I really want to risk it all in order to become a Hunter?”

If yes, then the best of luck and let nothing come between you and your desires for long.

Details You Might Want to Bring Up as a Fan of Hunter x Hunter

Nen?

Not till you pass the Hunter Exam. Explanations will be done fully then, IC. Don’t worry, I’ll be trying to stick as close as possible to Wing’s explanation and whatever other details he didn’t manage to cover.

How long till we get to the Hunter Exam?

You won’t be fighting long in the Celestial Tower, so don’t worry. But I think it’s important that you guys meet each other before the Exam.

Will the Exam be just like the one from the original?

No.

Why are you changing it from the original? Not just the exam, too, I mean everything!

It’s an Epic. That’s what I’m trying to emulate here. An epic like Beowulf or Gilgamesh. This is how I’ve decided to do it. Besides, it’s for some serious character development both in terms of fighting skills and in personality. First comes basic fighting skills, then comes the ability to think through obstacles cleverly, then comes Nen, then finally wide-ranging adventure reaching freedom.

It’s most important to note that you are starting from a lowly position and based on the progression I gave a second ago, I want to see your character grow. More than anything else, that’s what this RP will be about Growth.

~~~~

Character Sheet

Name:
Appearance: (You don't have to be buff to be strong in this RP. Little eight-year-old kids who have little to no special powers still manage to beat up super buff body-builders.)
Fighting abilities: (Again, no Nen. Just list here if your character practices any martial arts or anything. It's fine if you say don't have any or much at all. The beginning fights will play out like Kung Fu movies, so keep that in mind. Feel free to be as dirty or as clean of a fighter as you want.)
Weapons: (Optional, but don't make it overly elaborate or make too big of a weapon. Simple is best. And sooner or later you'll probably be giving up your weapon when you get Nen.)
Background: (Make it skimmable, I'm not gonna read it fully. If we're going to find out anything about you, do it IC. Just make it very basic.)

Accepted

Mathias - Male, Simpleton, Average
Geo - Male, Kung Fu Idiot, Tough
Mastermind - Male, Anime Kendo Guy, Tough
Berry - Female, Mysterious Kickass Chick, Tough
Lost - Male, Manly Boxer Dude, Ruff n' tuff
Jay - Female, Kung Fu Loli, Tough
Mk - Female, Smartypants Rogue, Average (but smarter than you numbskulls)
Soul - Female, Perverted Groin-hitter, Tough
Imenak - Male, Gentle Giant, Ruff n' tuff
Deena - Female, Bustin' Caps Gangsta, Tough

Totals

10 people

5 males
5 females

2 not-so-good at fighting
3 Martial Artists
2 Big Guys
2 Rogues
1 Girl who hits people in the groin because she's a perv

The World you Live in

Celestial Tower is in the Lower Left corner city, York Shin of the Top Right Country, Padokia.

The X is Killua's home.

I tend to enjoy Bob's stuff, even if it didn't last long.
"Fate smiles on the strange. So its a good thing, I'm the strangest of all." - William Livingstone, Cirque de la Nuit
More Robots

Postby Geomancer » Tue Sep 08, 2009 5:17 pm

I see your point. I just wish someone could actually do a HxH RP. I've been aching to try something out.
Final Fantasy IX was the best Final Fantasy game ever and if you think otherwise you are WRONG!

My fanfiction account. Comments and criticisms are very welcome.
GMancer

Postby ViviGlow » Tue Sep 08, 2009 5:20 pm

Ah.. well i'll try harder next time, I do want to start my own rp... since in three out of the four i've joined, on here, it ended when it had barely even begun.. and in the fourth it went so far away from what I liked about the series I just gave up on it. But ya. I can see your point.
I... am plotting something... he he he he...

Postby Aura » Tue Sep 08, 2009 10:17 pm

ViviGlow wrote:Ah.. well i'll try harder next time, I do want to start my own rp... since in three out of the four i've joined, on here, it ended when it had barely even begun.. and in the fourth it went so far away from what I liked about the series I just gave up on it. But ya. I can see your point.

You shall not desist, and your efforts will see frutition.

Eventually.

Postby Mathias » Tue Sep 08, 2009 10:29 pm

I've already forgotten about HxH. And I read the entire series just for that rp.

Postby lyca » Tue Sep 08, 2009 11:22 pm

I'm intensely interested in the world of darkness one. Though I'm only familiar with the new versions, particularly changeling. I guess I'll have to see what Hana has in mind. ^. .^
Stuck in the see-through zone.

Postby Hana » Tue Sep 08, 2009 11:29 pm

Working on compiling information now. ^_^
Official Forum Mom
Wayward

Postby BobSagat » Tue Sep 08, 2009 11:33 pm

Mathias wrote:I've already forgotten about HxH. And I read the entire series just for that rp.

Are you going to tell me you regret reading HxH?
ImageImageImageImageImage
2pro

Postby Mathias » Wed Sep 09, 2009 12:48 am

BobSagat wrote:
Mathias wrote:I've already forgotten about HxH. And I read the entire series just for that rp.

Are you going to tell me you regret reading HxH?

How was that conveyed from what I said? I liked it and even went back to the bookstore when new volumes were released. Though, I never did see how it all ended. (Although it was revealed in the OOC. ;)

Postby Hana » Wed Sep 09, 2009 2:15 am

Okay, I still have some work to do, but it's all just transposing rules and stuff for a few character creation guides. I figured I'd get this up here and get it voted on before I did all that work, just in case it was for nothing. >_>

oWoD: An Unlikely Alliance

"Okay, so there'th vampireth and werewolveth and all kinds of shtuff around here!" the exuberant eight-year old girl grinned up at her captive audience from her spot on the apartment floor. Papers were strewn about her, decorated with crayon drawings. "An' normally, everybody fighth everywhere else, but here we're all friends....kinda. Thee, there was thith thingy a few yearth ago..."

She pushed herself up to sit, gesturing with her band-aid covered fingers as she lisped out the tale of the strange alliance in Tarrytown, NY. "All the bad guyth were havin' problemth fightin' the good guyth, tho they all got tagether and thaid 'Hey, you! Come fight my good guyth! I'll tell ya how ta beat em!' And tho, they all thwitched off and the vampireth fought the fairieth, and the fairieth fought the mageth, and the mageth fought the werewolveth, and the werewolveth fought the vampireth. And none of the good guyth had any clue what was goin' on, tho they were all like 'Ahhh! We're dyin here! We're dyin here!' and the bad guyth were like 'Yay! We're winnin! We're gonna take over and kill ya all!' but then thomethin happened that nobody talks about. From what I heard, thome guys came in and were like 'Thop! Thop! Thith ith madneth!"

She grinned as she held up her hand to her mouth, as if for an aside, "'An we thould know! We're the crazietht!' An then they went BOOM!" She threw her hands up in the air, eyes alight with mischief. "An there was an athplosion that took out a lotta the bad guyth....But there were only, like, free or four good guyth left, tho they were like 'Um, we gotta do thomething to make thure that nofin like this ever happenth again!' Tho they got tagether and said 'We're gonna be frienth.' But it wathn't that easy, nooooo." She shook her head, looking very grave. "Was only 'cauth everybody was so hurt from the attack that they were even finkin about bein frienth."

"Soooo, that's why this is what it is?" the rather homeless-looking man said, shifing uncomfortably on the plush couch. "Why everyone just...kinda gets along?"

Janet took a deep breath, needing air after her mile-a-minute explanation. "Yah, an it doethn't hurt that the big vampire lady likes ta give everybody elth money and thuff."

He blushed uncomfortably at the mention of Miss DuBois, clearing his throat. "Yeah, her..." Everything he knew about vampires said that she was evil, but he couldn't imagine such a lady like that doing anything to hurt anybody, especially after she personally took an arrow in the throat for him. He shook his head briefly, bringing himself back to the moment. It was his personal curse that his mind tended to wander.

"Yah, everythin's been pretty calm, 'cept for the whole fing where I got kidnappeded, and Angel and Thadow decided that I needed ta go away for a while...But I met Octabamuth and Danny an all...I bet you'll get ta meet Octabamuth soon! He moved ta town, 'cause thomebody asploded the Prince'th building there...Don't tell him I thaid that, though. He finks I don't know." She tilted her head to the side, thinking. "I fink there were some problemth while I was gone, though. I heard Angel and Thadow arguin about thome thuff. Nexamus Crawla and the Thabat and thome asplosions...That's why we're here, by thee way...The thelter got asploded..."

The sheer amount of information was almost impossible to take in at once, but after a second or two, Tom was able to decipher the important bits from the rather cutesy speech the girl used. And then he noticed the time. "Uhh, I really ought to be goin," he said, standing and wiping his hands on the front of his pants.

"Kay! Thanks for vithitin me, Tom!" The girl didn't hesitate to hug his leg, bringing a smile to his face. The smile stayed on his lips until after she'd let him out, melting into a frown as he walked for the elevator, shoving his hands into his pockets. Damn, but this city was confusing.

What’s the game about?
To put it simply: werewolves, vampires, fairies, hunters, mortals, and the interactions between them as they fight against the End of the World

Why is it called the World of Darkness? Because it's dark. The actual printed games were created to be personal horror games. As such, the world really, really sucks. Crime is HIGH, and having a good, happy life is very, very rare. Child abuse, rape, drugs, and violence are very prevelant, and those few who try to make the world a better place usually find out that the job is just too hard and get jaded.

So, what’s the deal?
Players will start as relative newbies to the world of the supernatural, with no more than a year's instruction to their portion of the world, or as a Mortal who has not yet been immersed in the supernatural.

How do I play?
You’ll have to fill out a sheet. This will be a diceless game, but I am using a modified form of the WoD sheets (As such, some of the dice rules have been left in the text, to give an idea of what the weaknesses mean). You will be required to fill this out. Instructions follow, in a step-by-step format. My apologies for the complicated nature of this game, but it's all pulled directly from the old gaming system. If you need help, please don't hesitate to ask!

Things to Know about Changelings: Changelings are fairy souls made of dreams that inhabit human bodies to withstand the utter disbelief that would kill them in this world. As such, Changelings have TWO appearances: what they look like to mortals, and what they look like to other fairies and the beings they've allowed to see their true natures. Changelings are typically younger characters, but may have a Chrysalis (where their fairy soul breaks out) at any age, provided their pre-changeling mindset is suitably creative. Changelings follow a feudal heirarchy.

Things to Know about Hunters: Hunters are plain-Jane normal people that witness something supernatural and receive a CALLING from some unexplained force. They are given a few special powers in order to help them on their quest, but they're usually regarded by normal people as crazy at best, if not violent offenders who should be jailed. They are, for all intents and purposes, MORTAL.

Things to Know about Werewolves:
Lycanthropy is genetic. It is not a transmittable disease. Those who carry the blood but are not born True (capable of shifting) are termed Kinfolk. They are immune to the Delerium.
Pure silver does aggravated damage. Sterling silver causes light burns, but no serious damage.
Werewolves regenerate when not in their breed form, but they cannot regenerate Aggrivated wounds, such as those caused by silver, or the claws or teeth of another supernatural. Werewolves in Crinos (big wolfman form) cause normal humans to run screaming in terror. This is called the Delerium.

Things to Know about Vampires: Vampires aren't repelled by crosses, garlic, running water, etc, unless it's a very special case. All vampires are descended from Cain, the first murderer, and their potential abilities weaken with every generation away from him. Generation rating begins at 12. A stake through the heart puts them in a coma, but fire and sunlight kill them pretty well dead. Vampires return to the state at which they were Embraced every evening (any hair cut grows back, etc), except for wounds sustained, most of which can be healed by simply spending blood. All vampires, unless stated otherwise, have an ability called the Kiss, which renders their bite victims overcome with nigh-orgasmic pleasure. They can also seal the wounds their teeth make with their own saliva. They also have laws against letting mortals know that vampires actually exist.

Things to Know about Mortals: Mortals are crunchy. They are breakable. 99.999999% of them don't know jack shit about what's going on in the world, supernaturally speaking. Furthermore, if you were to tell them, they'd think you're crazy and not believe you.

Why can't I play ----?
Disallowed tribes/clans, etc. include the Red Talons, Avengers, and Waywards (Because they just don't mesh well), the Stargazers (Because they're not PART of the Garou nation anymore), the White Howlers/Black Spiral Dancers/Sabbat clans/Unseelie kiths (They're all EVIL), and any tribe/breed/clan/etc that's dead. Don't ask to play them. I WON'T let you. Elder vampires are right out, too. You can take the Generation background, but it doesn't give you any age.

Other things are restricted, and if you prove yourself to me, I will allow you to play them. Some

Kinfolk and Mortal characters will be allowed, but you must be a VERY GOOD PLAYER to play them, and willing to be sucktastic compared to the werewolves.
Anyone wishing to play a wolf-born Garou must write a short essay on wolf behavior and PM it to me. You have to prove to me that you have the knowledge to properly play a Lupus before I let you get into that kettle of fish.
Anyone wishing to play a Metis-born Garou MUST PM me and assure me of their familiarity with the World of Darkness, specifically Werewolf: the Apocalypse. Metis characters are raised steeped in Garou politics, so you must have knowledge of this to be able to play them. I'm sorry. No matter how good you are, you're just not going to be able to bullshit your way through that.
I MAY accept other character types, from players that are familiar with the game, but they MUST be types that will Play Well With Others. KEEP THAT IN MIND when you PM me to ask if you can play a Fera or a strange bloodline. (Having the breed/clan book in your possession is a plus, but not required.)

You are NOT allowed to play a loner-type character unless your specific goal is to make that character break out of their loner shell through play. This is a game about interaction.

Not allowing Mages, as the system is 20 times more complicated than even Changeling is. >_<;;

Character sheet sample: Vampires (please note that there are very detailed character creation rules, but I did not include them here, as this is long enough already.)

Name:
Clan:
Generation: (Subtract your Generation rating from Backgrounds from 12)
Nature: (Optional, see Optional Rules 1)
Demeanor: (Optional, see Optional Rules 1)

Atributes:
Physical
Strength X0000
Dexterity X0000
Stamina X0000

Social
Charisma X0000
Manipulation X0000
Appearance X0000

Mental
Perception X0000
Intelligence X0000
Wits X0000

Abilities:
Talents
Alertness 00000
Athletics 00000
Brawl 00000
Dodge 00000
Empathy 00000
Expression 00000
Intimidation 00000
Leadership 00000
Streetwise 00000
Subterfuge 00000

Skills
Animal Ken 00000
Crafts 00000
Drive 00000
Etiquette 00000
Firearms 00000
Melee 00000
Performance 00000
Security 00000
Stealth 00000
Survival 00000

Knowledges
Academics 00000
Computer 00000
Finance 00000
Investigation 00000
Law 00000
Linguistics 00000
Medicine 00000
Occult 00000
Politics 00000
Science 00000

Backgrounds:
________ 00000
________ 00000
________ 00000
________ 00000
________ 00000

Virtues:
Conscience X0000
Self-Control X0000
Courage X0000

Humanity: 0000000000 (Equal to Conscience + Self-Control. MUST be at least 7 after Freebies)
Willpower: 0000000000 (Equal to Courage rating)

Disciplines
__________ 00000
__________ 00000
__________ 00000
__________ 00000

Personality:
Appearance: (Make it match with your Appearance rating. App 4 is model-like, and 2 is average. Remember that.)
Equipment: (Don’t go nuts. You’re mostly normal people that have been snatched away from your “real” lives.)
Other Notes: (You may wish to put your tribal weakness here for easy reference.)
Merits & Flaws: (I realize that I haven’t listed any merits and flaws. They are purely optional. Consult the Optional Rules 2 to find the lowdown on that.)

Experience: 0/0
Official Forum Mom
Wayward

Postby Tuor » Wed Sep 09, 2009 2:27 am

I'll just check on the Idea Boar- HOLYSHITAWALLOFTEXT.

That being said… +1
"Suddenly Frodo noticed that a strange-looking weather-beaten man, sitting in the shadows near the wall, was also listening intently to the hobbit-talk. He had a tall tankard in front of him, and was smoking a long-stemmed pipe curiously carved. His legs were stretched out before him, showing high boots of supple leather that fitted him well, but had seen much wear and were now caked with mud. A travel-stained cloak of heavy dark-green cloth was drawn close about him, and in spite of the heat of the room he wore a hood that overshadowed his face; but the gleam of his eyes could be seen as he watched the hobbits."
Rest Easy Ethan

Postby Hana » Wed Sep 09, 2009 2:41 am

Tuor wrote:I'll just check on the Idea Boar- HOLYSHITAWALLOFTEXT.

Wait until you see the actual game thread. *snerks*
Official Forum Mom
Wayward

Postby Yumeko » Wed Sep 09, 2009 2:42 am

*giggles* This is the uber-condensed version. I believe the books themselves likely number into the hundreds.

Not that, y'know, I have all of them or anything. >.>

+1

Why follow me to higher ground?
Lost as you swear I am...
-- "December," Collective Soul

Postby Dorian » Wed Sep 09, 2009 2:43 am

Stat allotment... No thanks.
Never asked for this

Postby Hana » Wed Sep 09, 2009 2:45 am

I'm trying to teach people a skill, here! *chuckles*
Official Forum Mom
Wayward

Postby Dorian » Wed Sep 09, 2009 2:52 am

Let me ask you a question, and I mean this with no hostility.

Do you really plan on sticking around this time? Because an RP with a GM who's only around like two weeks for every half a year isn't going to survive. You've proven that already. I just don't want you or anyone else wasting their time if that's going to be the case.
Never asked for this

Postby Hana » Wed Sep 09, 2009 3:03 am

Yes, Dorian, I plan on sticking around. If I didn't, I wouldn't even broach the idea.
Official Forum Mom
Wayward

PreviousNext

Return to Role Playing