Why i think The news and PLANET EARTH is retarded.

Discuss new comics, posts, and news directly from the Snafu-Comics main page!

Moderator: Mod Squad

Postby Dave » Tue Jul 21, 2009 1:40 pm

k cnn.com today had a story with the headline "GOP's new youth ambassador: Lady Gaga?"

Thought that seemed a bit odd so I clicked on the story which you can see here:

http://politicalticker.blogs.cnn.com/2009/07/21/gops-new-youth-ambassador-lady-gaga/

Immediately the title is ridiculously misleading and by itself is spreading misinformation. The first paragraph is also equally as misleading. Plus adding a picture of Gaga to the right, more misleading.

The long and short of it is some college kid made a youtube video parodying a Lady Gaga song. How in the hell that qualifies as front page headline news for CNN... Fuck CNN is retarded. But what's far worse is it's spreading retarded to you know, adults. Reading CNN. They're the informed decision makers of our country. And they're DUMB.

I have huge problems with "reputable" news sources like CNN doing shit like this. First off THIS IS NOT NEWS. Even if it had been Lady Gaga making a video denouncing government spending that doesn't qualify as headline news.

Being incredibly misleading completely takes away my confidence in CNN as a source for news at all. They don't realize the damage and out right lies they're spreading around to millions of people everyday with their clumsy idiot "reporting" Just looking at the comments shows just how many people fell for this "start with a LIE and then vaguely mention what really happened later" tactics. This makes me realize that people

either

A) didn't even read the article to the third paragraph to realize it was just some college kid doing a parody youtube video.

or

B) they did read the article but were too stupid to comprehend what it was actually saying.

Both options disturb me to no end. Honestly I've seen WAY more intelligence from trolls on 4chan than these blog commenters on CNN. And what makes this SUPER uplifting is the retaredness is flowing from both political parties in the comments. The huge amount of hatred towards each other and so many of them don't even understand that Lady GaGa wasn't even involved. There are tons of comments about celebrities should shut up nobody cares about their opinon, or how stupid the republicans are to use Gaga as their spokesperson. NONE of these people even read the article. It's childish internet flaming one another and NONE of them seem to even realize what CNN was writing about because over half of the "news" article was deliberately misleading.

This is my problem with traditional news media. They aren't about actually giving people meaningful facts or being truthful and to the point. They're wasting time with misleading fulf pieces and deliberately "flame war" causing articles. It's a waste of time to read this drivel, and it's dumbing down the world even more than it already is. Honestly I apologize to even bringing this up to you fine people of Snafu. I just made us ALL a lot less intelligent by introducing CNN articles into our lives. We're much smarter reading my comic about dick and fart jokes than we'd ever be bothering with a trusted modern news source. I look forward to the Media dieing. I won't miss them.

WiNg0o wrote:To be honest I thought Dave just existed. In the beginning there was Dave.
Administrator

Re: Why i think The news and PLANET EARTH is retarded.

Postby apstorm » Tue Jul 21, 2009 3:30 pm

Ah, CNN... I and others I know generally avoid them as well as FOX and other 'big name' news networks... I find it rather sad that The Daily Show has actually become one of the most reliable sources of news. But at least we get to be in a good mood.

As for the intellect of commenters... well, unfortunately, people love to insert their foot into their mouth online at any opportunity where it's easy to post something. The same kind of things can be said of YouTube videos and their comments, as well- people will comment without even bothering to look at the descriptions, or otherwise only manage a partial attempt at rational thought before posting something. I figure I've been guilty of this as well, though, at times. I believe another webcomic had a lovely strip with an 'equation' for internet stupidity years ago..
"Dropping a warship on me is cheating...take it back!"

"Having left his homeland, he never yields, never retreats, and never regrets. He faces forward and never looks back! He's manly! He's tenacious! Kamina of Team Gurren is here to take you on. Lets go!"

Postby Kibs » Tue Jul 21, 2009 4:46 pm

Bravo, it's nice to see more people in the know when it comes to "news" these days. As lame as it is to quote video games (especially on a site like this :P) "it's not news anymore, it's advertising".

Though I would also have to disagree with apstorm, to a degree. But not by too much.

Postby jonlost » Wed Jul 22, 2009 9:49 am

wow, to think that people are that dumb to start talking about something they didn't read! redefines the term "talking out of their ass"!

Postby Sustenance » Wed Jul 22, 2009 3:07 pm

This is why I get my news from the BBC

Postby Blood Lord » Wed Jul 22, 2009 8:21 pm

I just made us ALL a lot less intelligent by introducing CNN articles into our lives.

I felt myself slowly get stupider, just from being in this thread about CNN.

Postby Kharsi » Wed Jul 22, 2009 11:52 pm

Blood Lord wrote:
I just made us ALL a lot less intelligent by introducing CNN articles into our lives.

I felt myself slowly get stupider, just from being in this thread about CNN.

Oh so true. The news of today is no more than corporate trash w/an agenda.

Postby Mathias » Thu Jul 23, 2009 2:48 am

Lol, my dad watches CNN. "LIVE CNN" is burned onto his plasma.

Return to Comic Updates and News!