Requests and Recruitment

Artists! Show your work, tips, tricks, requests, and challenges. This forum includes visual art, music, 3D, animation, abstract art, graphic design, sculpture, EVERYTHING.

Moderator: Mod Squad

Re: Requests and Recruitment

Postby Shoi » Sat Jul 04, 2009 8:46 pm

So like, are you looking for a certain style of art or just anything goes as long as it looks good?
My Art thread
SableTheFabled:
Do you know where i live? Fucking Barbados.
Whatis6times9:
It was about as easy as... Goddammit, it is to easy. And to me a whore is just a slut with a good sense of enterprise.

Postby Amaranthine Ali » Sat Jul 04, 2009 8:55 pm

Um. Not sure really, anything that suits the theme of the stories themselves. And Of course looking good.

Postby Shoi » Sat Jul 04, 2009 9:00 pm

If your looking for cover art I could probably do that for you, as for a comic though I don't think I would have the time to do it with my own.
My Art thread
SableTheFabled:
Whatis6times9:
It was about as easy as... Goddammit, it is to easy. And to me a whore is just a slut with a good sense of enterprise.

Postby Amaranthine Ali » Sat Jul 04, 2009 9:52 pm

I can understand. Time restraints are awful. But no, i can wait for other comic artisters opportunity. Thanks Anway

Postby Garethcool » Sat Jul 04, 2009 10:47 pm

I'm a writer, and apparently a decent one, if you need help with anything I can give you a hand. I'm also a basic artist, but don't ask for anything when it comes to drawing unless I get a lot of time to work on it. I love writing and If you want me to help just send me a Pm with whatever you need help with.
Fenix13: Remember this well Gareth: With great power... comes hot bitches.
NOX wrote:Captain's Log - 9/7/2009
Pandora's box was not filled with candy.

Garethcool: I WILL BECOME YOUR MANSLAVE.
Sam4books: That's the plan ;D
Wielder of the Hammer of Myent

Postby Amaranthine Ali » Mon Jul 06, 2009 12:08 pm

I don't know. Probably a comic artist would be better.

Postby Jasthn » Mon Jul 06, 2009 3:51 pm

So here in this thread you can ask for help from artist to help you with an online comic? Im probably wrong, but when I read the first page thats what it sounded like. o.O
I GOT 'DEM HUMPS.
Doctress Who:You can be my Brony bitch ;D
Droctress Who:Jas, would you like me to make you a sandwich?
JesusChrist: Well if you insist Jasthn I'll use it with you. Spread them cheeks

Tragedy_and_Comedy: Jas is about as dangerous as a kitten.
Blood Lord:I hit your dog with mah truck. :3
Lenore Celestalis:*jumps on your back* weee~
That guy.

Postby Shoi » Mon Jul 06, 2009 4:23 pm

It's help with anything art related really. Though mostly anytime anyone posts here it's for comic recruitment.
My Art thread
SableTheFabled:
Whatis6times9:

Postby Vegedus » Mon Jul 06, 2009 4:31 pm

I doubt anyone has ever successfully managed to get a good comic project by asking some random strangers if they wanted to commit a good chunk of time to their random idea.

[/cynical]
Will make apocalypse themed fiction for food

Postby Garethcool » Mon Jul 06, 2009 5:33 pm

Amaranthine Ali wrote:I don't know. Probably a comic artist would be better.

How often do you want the comics to be published?

I could attempt to work hard on them, but they would all be on paper, scanned, then edited on the computer if possible.

Postby Jasthn » Mon Jul 06, 2009 9:02 pm

Vegedus wrote:I doubt anyone has ever successfully managed to get a good comic project by asking some random strangers if they wanted to commit a good chunk of time to their random idea.

[/cynical]

True. I thought it was too good to be true. But im not saying that its hasnt happened before. But if that was the case, my friend and I would be all over this thread! lol
I GOT 'DEM HUMPS.

That guy.

Postby Shoi » Mon Jul 06, 2009 9:40 pm

It can happen if the idea is right and the artist likes it. Take a lot of work to pump out comics, yup yup.
My Art thread
SableTheFabled:
Whatis6times9:

Postby Amaranthine Ali » Mon Jul 06, 2009 10:56 pm

Garethcool wrote:

I could attempt to work hard on them, but they would all be on paper, scanned, then edited on the computer if possible.

Ahh. How often would you want to work on them?

Postby Jasthn » Tue Jul 07, 2009 10:03 am

Shoi wrote:It can happen if the idea is right and the artist likes it. Take a lot of work to pump out comics, yup yup.

And i didn't say that it hasn't happened before, and i'm sure it takes loads of time to make comics. But I might tell my friend anyway, maybe it will happen. But we'll have to work very hard. :grin:
I GOT 'DEM HUMPS.

That guy.

Postby Garethcool » Tue Jul 07, 2009 2:00 pm

Amaranthine Ali wrote:
Garethcool wrote:

Ahh. How often would you want to work on them?

I would have to see the story and see how you want the style done. I draw in an anime-influenced style, but it's got a distinct flavor.

Postby Thiamor » Tue Jul 07, 2009 9:52 pm

Hey, is there anyone in here that is any good at making Character Sprites? Like good ones outta scratch?
I'm working on a big game project that has anime cut scenes, voice Actors, and good music and such. I need someone who can do some sprites. Pixel Art, I'm guessing is what it's called. There is no pay as of now, but if I can get the money from it, you will get paid. Also needing someone who can do sound effects for anime cut scenes. Running, jumping, fighting...such as that. So PM me and reply on here, whichever, as fast as you can. Please.
Working on another story other than Hellfire, called Geistauge, which can be found here.
Show me on the doll

Postby Amaranthine Ali » Thu Jul 09, 2009 1:24 am

Garethcool wrote:
I would have to see the story and see how you want the style done. I draw in an anime-influenced style, but it's got a distinct flavor.

Look at my DeviantART, you will easily find what stories I have. Well. Some of them.

Postby Garethcool » Thu Jul 09, 2009 2:42 pm

I'll give it a try, send me what you want me to do for a sample comic and I'll show you what I can do.

Should we take this to Pm?

Postby rando » Fri Jul 10, 2009 6:28 am

I'm looking for an artist for a new project of mine called Tea Soul Release...

It is a Romance/Harem Manga... Below is information on the project as well as information on the world in which it takes place...

The basic storyline of Tea Soul Release:

Tachibana Yamato lives in a world filled with magic, however due to the way he was raised he is unable to use magic and is unaware it even exists. Well, was...

After his grandfather died Yamato received 25 antique cups as an inheritance, which would be great if he didn’t live in a single student dorm room. Shortly after receiving the cups Yamato uses one of them for his daily tea and from inside the cup a green haired girl dressed like a French maid, named Mint, comes out of the cup. Sometime after being glomped by Mint and having some time to try and figure it out he calls his best friend Keibi Mamoru and shows to him the cups. Pouring two more cups, two more girls, Rose, a pink haired girl dressed like a swordsman, and Lime a dark haired girl dressed like a flamenco dancer, appear from the cups.

Calming him down, Rose, Lime, and Mint reveal to Yamato and Mamoru that there is the spirit of a girl sealed in each of the twenty five cups, and that since his grandfather died, all twenty-five cups and through that all twenty five girls have become connected to him. Lime, then proves it by pulling down a fourth glass and having herself, Rose, Mint, and Mamoru pour tea into it only for nothing to happen. However when Yamato pours the glass a black haired six year old girl in pajamas, named Cammy (Short for Chamomile), appears.

Now he not only has to deal with College classes, his dorm manager, and the insanity of his friend Mamoru, but also the four girls currently living in his studio style dorm room and the 21 cups that contain other girls, and if that wasn’t enough there are others after Yamato’s life so they can take the cups. With each cup the pieces begin to fit together, the truth behind why Yamato’s parents kept him sealed off from magic, why the girls are sealed in the cups, and how they can be freed.

The series itself has a complex background and an entire mythos surrounding the origin of magic, as well as the origin of the sealed items, for the world in which it takes place. Below I will give a short and simple description of the origin of magic in Tea Soul Release as well as some information of events that take place both before and during the series.

Magic in the world of T.S.R. goes back to an ancient myth in the T.S.R. Universe, the myth is as follows. After a great flood, all that was left of humanity were nine wise men and their families. As a reward for surviving the destruction of the world the nine were taught the ways of magic. They were told that all magic was the same, but there are many ways to harness its powers. Each of them was taught a way to harness the power of magic, in the process they each developed a symbol to represent their magic. The “forms” of magic became;

Magic Powered by creating and destroying Life: Symbolized by a Yin/Yang Spiral of Red and Blue Fire
Magic Powered by Hard Work and Determination: Symbolized by a Peaked Mountain
Magic Powered by Seeking the Ultimate Freedom: Symbolized by Wings of Wind
Magic Powered by Constantly Searching for New Discoveries: Symbolized by a Crashing Wave of Water
Magic Powered by Conviction in ones Actions: Symbolized by a Coils of Spinning Iron
Magic Powered by Constantly Training Oneself: Symbolized by a Giant Tree
Magic Powered by Controlling the Magic Inside of All Things: Symbolized by a Sphere of Lightning
Magic Powered through harnessing Fear and Negative Emotions: Symbolized by a Decayed Skull
Magic Powered through Hope in the Future: Symbolized by a Seed beginning to Bud

Shortly after learning magic, the one who gained power through Fear and Negative Emotions coveting the controller of hope’s wife, used his power to control the others into killing most of the controller of hopes family, in order to attain the other’s wife. Failing to do so he slaughtered what he believed was left of that family. Fortunately one child was saved by each of the others family. In the wake of the death of the family of hope the eight remaining families spread across the world. Over time one member of each family became a shadow king, a being of intense magical strength that controlled events behind the scene. Every 50 years a new person takes the position of one of the 8 Shadow Kings, due to a Shadow King of the Budding Seed never existing.

Over time the Shadow King of the Decayed Skull created a new way of using magic, by attaching the soul of a person who died with negative emotions, thus creating sealed items. Sealed Items continued in the state they had when they died, clothes and all, but without the memory from the year before death. Trapped between the worlds of life and death the Sealed Souls made contracts with living Magi to retake physical forms.

49 years before the series begins, the newly chosen Shadow King of the Lightning Sphere began collecting the Sealed Souls of various strong female magi that had been sealed, transferring them from the items they were sealed into and placing them into a set of 25 antique cups created by an ancient wizard. 5 years before the series begins, he the last of the cups had been connected to a Sealed Soul. 5 months before the series begins the Shadow King of the Lightning Sphere dies from an unknown reason, but not before he had spiritually attached the 25 cups to his grandson Tachibana Yamato.

As the series begins Yamato receives the 25 cups and uses them to bring mint and three other girls out, becoming a target for those who seek the cups, but are unaware of his lineage. As more people come after the cups, the time for the Decision of the Kings comes around, and Tachibana’s lineage is revealed to the world, not only making him a target to those after the cups, but to those seeking to become Shadow Kings themselves. While facing other Magi, Yamato learns the full truth behind the cups and begins to search for a way, not to just release the sealed spirits from the cups but to restore them to life.

It is probably going to be rather long so I'm looking for an artist that will be commited to working with me. Also if the series is ever published in anyway the profits for the series would be split 50/50.

Postby Amaranthine Ali » Fri Jul 10, 2009 6:45 am

Ohmai. That seems like one awesome story. Though, I don't know why. It kind of reminds me of Rozen Maiden. O.o

Postby rando » Fri Jul 10, 2009 12:31 pm

Amaranthine Ali wrote:Ohmai. That seems like one awesome story. Though, I don't know why. It kind of reminds me of Rozen Maiden. O.o

I've never actually seen Rozen Maiden... I've heard people mention it at conventions, what's it about? I created my series by going over hundreds of storyline possibilities in my head until I created one that worked for me as a series. I thought about what had been done before, and tried to come up with a unique storyline, it took me three years or so to come up with an idea I liked and to fully develop the storyline.

Postby Garethcool » Fri Jul 10, 2009 6:12 pm

I'd love to help you with this, but as I might be drawing for Ali I don't think I can. I love the story and I would read it all they way to the end if it was a book or a comic.

Postby Thiamor » Fri Jul 10, 2009 10:04 pm

Thiamor wrote:Hey, is there anyone in here that is any good at making Character Sprites? Like good ones outta scratch?

So, no one able to do such thing?
Working on another story other than Hellfire, called Geistauge, which can be found here.
Show me on the doll

Postby Garethcool » Sat Jul 11, 2009 1:32 am

Thiamor wrote:
Thiamor wrote:Hey, is there anyone in here that is any good at making Character Sprites? Like good ones outta scratch?

So, no one able to do such thing?

That's not my side of expertise. Sprite work is hard and tedious, and I prefer other art styles. I have done sprite work before, but when I do finish something it takes me a good week to finish one scene.

Postby rando » Sat Jul 11, 2009 1:36 am

Garethcool wrote:I'd love to help you with this, but as I might be drawing for Ali I don't think I can. I love the story and I would read it all they way to the end if it was a book or a comic.

PreviousNext

Return to Art