Leion's Art Gallery

Artists! Show your work, tips, tricks, requests, and challenges. This forum includes visual art, music, 3D, animation, abstract art, graphic design, sculpture, EVERYTHING.

Moderator: Mod Squad

Re: Leion's Art Gallery

Postby CogitoIJ » Fri Jun 12, 2009 8:36 pm

If I had a pen that erased like a pencil i would use it for all my work.

Postby Leion06 » Fri Jun 12, 2009 9:17 pm

Erasable pens do exist y'know. You could get them anywhere
lmfarotflbtcstcndbfootwifoagwllbgwthrootsaiakbayb!!!!!! that means LAUGHING MY FUCKING ASS OFF ROLLING ON THE FLOOR BITING THE CARPETSCARING THE CAT, NEARLY DYING BY FALLING OUT OF THE WINDOW IN FRONT OF A GUY THAT LOOKS LIKE BILL GATES WHO THEN HORRIFIED RUNS OUT ON THE STREET AND IS ACCIDENTLY KILLED BY A YELLOW BUS!

Postby CogitoIJ » Fri Jun 12, 2009 9:36 pm

I said if I had a pen, not if there was a pen. <_<

Postby stimtheone » Sat Jun 13, 2009 10:11 am

Leion06 wrote:Erasable pens do exist y'know. You could get them anywhere

O RLY?

Postby Leion06 » Wed Jun 24, 2009 8:00 pm

But what I reeeeeally need is some tips on photoshop or more specifically GIMP.
lmfarotflbtcstcndbfootwifoagwllbgwthrootsaiakbayb!!!!!! that means LAUGHING MY FUCKING ASS OFF ROLLING ON THE FLOOR BITING THE CARPETSCARING THE CAT, NEARLY DYING BY FALLING OUT OF THE WINDOW IN FRONT OF A GUY THAT LOOKS LIKE BILL GATES WHO THEN HORRIFIED RUNS OUT ON THE STREET AND IS ACCIDENTLY KILLED BY A YELLOW BUS!

Postby Smiffy » Thu Jun 25, 2009 12:21 am

What problems are you having on photoshop? Im not the best but mabey I can lend a hand.

Oh, and gimp is a low end program if you cant deal with photoshop get Paint.NET way better.

Postby Smiffy » Thu Jun 25, 2009 12:26 am

Looking at your work, I think you could definatly benifite from a brush and bristol board (pain in the ass for a while but better than microns. these are what pros use and how alot of mangas/american comics get there line weights) I suggest Winsor newton #2.

of course depending on how much money you want to spend on your hobby.............

Postby Thiamor » Sat Jun 27, 2009 1:24 am

You need to not double posts as much on others' Threads like you've been doing. On your own isn't as bad, but please try to use the 'Edit' button more. Thanks.
Working on another story other than Hellfire, called Geistauge, which can be found here.
Show me on the doll

Postby Leion06 » Wed Jul 01, 2009 1:11 pm

Smiffy wrote:Looking at your work, I think you could definatly benifite from a brush and bristol board (pain in the ass for a while but better than microns. these are what pros use and how alot of mangas/american comics get there line weights) I suggest Winsor newton #2.

of course depending on how much money you want to spend on your hobby.............

Ummm...... Winser newton #2? *not very art savy*

Postby Leion06 » Tue Jul 07, 2009 12:19 pm

http://i722.photobucket.com/albums/ww23 ... /KZ5-1.jpg
This is an unfinished color attempt.
You may be wondering why her skin is so dark. She was born in Egypt..........
Does anybody got any advice before I continue?

Postby JinJoe » Tue Jul 07, 2009 12:35 pm

Yeah, can you do anything about the rough outlines?
It would look neater if you smoothen the edges.

Postby Leion06 » Wed Jul 08, 2009 12:16 pm

Holy crap I didn't even noticed that! I must be blind.... Thanks JinJoe!

Postby JinJoe » Wed Jul 08, 2009 12:25 pm

:| You're... welcome?

Postby Mehoaido » Wed Jul 08, 2009 12:55 pm

:|
Also don't fold your paper please, it makes it look like you show us a piece of junk
It's not enough to have no thoughts.
You gotta be unable to express them.

My Art thread

Postby Zega » Sun Jul 12, 2009 6:43 am

At last when you add the colors you could erase the folding. Can i ask which program do you use for your picttures?

Postby Leion06 » Sun Jul 12, 2009 2:55 pm

I'm currently using GIMP for this picture. I'm not exactly used to coloring using a computer program. Personally I prefer (the air) either colored penceils or not coloring at all.

Postby Leion06 » Tue Jul 28, 2009 9:10 pm

Postby Thiamor » Thu Jul 30, 2009 2:48 am

Yo Leion, I wanted to see how I could color it in, so...tell me what you think, will you? :D
Working on another story other than Hellfire, called Geistauge, which can be found here.
Show me on the doll

Postby Leion06 » Thu Jul 30, 2009 12:56 pm

Whoa! That's looks better than what I did! how'd you do that?

It's actually exactlty how I wanted to do it. I wanted to color it in while keeping the sketch lines that I drew

Postby Thiamor » Thu Jul 30, 2009 1:09 pm

I just used Computers Paint program. Took about 45 minutes. An hour if you count me having to run off from the computer.
Show me on the doll

Postby Leion06 » Sat Aug 01, 2009 1:15 am

Wow, just from paint program? That's pretty damn good.

Postby Thiamor » Mon Aug 03, 2009 11:37 pm

I messed around with the file type, which will change how the pixels look, and changed the colors, all using Paint, and edited more and came up with this little thing, Leion:

Show me on the doll

Postby Leion06 » Tue Aug 04, 2009 1:54 am

That looks awesome! I didn't you could do that with Paint. I should try that with some of my other pictures

Postby Thiamor » Tue Aug 04, 2009 2:54 am

I'm going to be getting Gimp, so that stuff would look much clearer and better over all.
Show me on the doll

Postby Leion06 » Fri Aug 14, 2009 7:06 pm

I can't figure out how you kept the sketch lines. How exactly did you do all that stuff you did?

PreviousNext

Return to Art