The Artist's Corner

Artists! Show your work, tips, tricks, requests, and challenges. This forum includes visual art, music, 3D, animation, abstract art, graphic design, sculpture, EVERYTHING.

Moderator: Mod Squad

Re: w00t Welcome to the Art Forum! [+Jibba Jabba]

Postby visi » Thu Jun 11, 2009 11:17 pm

I like that idea.
    May I brainstorm, too, though? I like to imagine scenery and such.
    The base could be... in the sky? Or on the ground. Towers and floors upon floors...
    Or is it subtle and hidden?

Oh man. <3
    The jungle's always fun, too.
thomas is a nerd

Postby Engravement » Thu Jun 11, 2009 11:25 pm

It actually sounds a lot like the current OCT, only the "breakthrough" is a robot.

Postby Mehoaido » Fri Jun 12, 2009 4:05 am

Engravement wrote:It actually sounds a lot like the current OCT, only the "breakthrough" is a robot.

That
It's not enough to have no thoughts.
You gotta be unable to express them.

My Art thread

Postby Black » Fri Jun 12, 2009 3:31 pm

Well, we'd need some reason for OCs to fight each other and in this case it's just a "prize change", true. But it's not at all same as the current one. Apart from "romantic add-on", this is not a place where you could just walk in. While "UUU" was a civilian institution with a hidden lab, this is a military base with a LOT of firepower defending it. A lot of people, too. It would include a lot more NPC fights, unlike the current one. Also, "UUU" was in the middle of city, while military base is more-or-less in the middle of nowhere. And one more thing - this "prize" fights back. Current OCT would allow OCs to take out the makers of the breakthrough and snatch the breaktrough itself, while in this one you don't just GET the prize. Not only do OCs have to fight it, they also need to find a way to DISABLE it while NOT destroying it. After all, they were sent to RETRIEVE the robot, NOT destroy it.

Hmm... Nice ideas, Visi. I'm thinking "subtle and hidden" (tower would be easily noticable and flying one would use a bit too much fuel XD). Though not completely hidden, it looks like a small base barely noticable from all the nearby trees (easily spotted from air, though). But it actually has several underground levels where they do their research and keep most of their equipment. Also, it's a military base, swarming with battle-ready soldiers.
Click to visit my art thread.

Postby Engravement » Sun Jun 14, 2009 3:23 pm

Interesting Black. I would like to post a little idea of my own.

There are two military organizations fighting eachother for dominance over one another as well as the region they're in. Both have assembled various types of weaponry (Manned, Unmanned, Laser, Solid Ammo, Blade, Etc.), but they both have a secret "Ace" Weapon that each side plans to use to end the feud swiftly. Fearing eachother's Ace Weapon, the organizations have trained/hired Special OPs Units to capture the enemy's Weapon.

OCs shall belong to one of the two sides and must try and sneak/raid/(However the OC sees fit, it is a battle after all.) into enemy territory. However since there are other OCs after your organization's weapon, you must attack the enemy while at the same time defending your weapon from capture. This would include drastic changes in plans, plot twists, etc.
Since there are only two organizations, many OCs will belong to one organization, so this encourages the cooperation of contestants and less "Ima Merc! Ahahaha!". OCs can also espionage anothers organization so long as their cilent organization is aware. Possible Plot Twists with this.

Each Organization has a large army arsenal at their disposal, so expect lots of fight scenes and explosions.

What do you think people?

Postby Black » Sun Jun 14, 2009 6:03 pm

Ooh. Nice idea. But... if someone's attacking the enemy's base, how could he return in time to defend his own base? If we're still using the 2-OCs-per-contestant system, then 1 would need to stay and defend, while other attacks (not neccessarily, but preferable).

Postby Engravement » Sun Jun 14, 2009 6:18 pm

Whoops, forgot to clear that. Basically, there are two types of Special OP: Sentinel(Defensive) and Raider(Offensive). A contestant's OC can be either one. Also, since multiple OCs will belong to a parent organization, they are encouraged to work together, in hopes to balance out the Sentinel/Raider Ratio. I guess also it comes to fundamental strategy. A base wouldn't send all its Raider Units at once unless its a last resort, no? x]

Postby Vegedus » Mon Jun 15, 2009 11:32 am

Engravement wrote:"Ima Merc! Ahahaha!".

What's wrong with that? In most other OCs, it's "I'm a random person who's good at fighting. Ahahaha!"

Also, what would we do if one organisation wins more than the other one? What if one side winds up without opponents?
Will make apocalypse themed fiction for food

Postby Black » Tue Jun 16, 2009 2:16 pm

You know, I think this might be turned into an artistic-roleplaying game instead of an OCT. What do you guys think about that? It could be like an artistic "Team Deathmatch".
We put, say, a month (or maybe even 45 days) for each "action". Players can choose to either "Attack" or "Defend". If 1 side is attacked, 1st defender (of the other side, of course) to accept the fight with the attacker is paired with him. Also, all attackers would require a defender to try to stop them. If there are no defenders to stop an attacker, he'd just need to make few pages in which he fights the NPC security (and beats the crap out of them). After the end of each action-period judge(s) /or Game Master(s)/ decide weather attacker have "advanced" through enemy base or did defenders stop them, by choosing the better entry. Also, attackers would have to achieve few advances before they reach their objective (and fight to accomplish it). We could have few "objectives" set, like "sabotage" (if successful, it reduces the number of advances neccessary for all objectives by 1), "capture weapon" (captures enemies' secret weapon), "destroy weapon", ... (Unfortunatelly, I have no more ideas at the moment.). Also, defeated OCs could recover after 1 or more action-periods.
So, uh... I guess that's it. What are your thoughts about it?

Postby Vegedus » Tue Jun 16, 2009 2:42 pm

That's sounds... Way to original.

I'd rather just do an ordinary OCT. As someone on DA said, "keep it simple". It shouldn't become a game as such.

Postby Black » Thu Jun 18, 2009 5:31 pm

O-kay, so it's back to a simple OCT.
I've got an idea how we might improve the robot-recovering plot:
Instead of fighting among themselves, OCs fight together against an NPC in each battle/pairing. Contestants are supposed to make a comic in which "opponent's" OC gets incapacitated/unconcious/killed (by NPC), as well as NPC they fought.

Postby mykie274143 » Tue Jun 23, 2009 2:12 am

Yeah, the ideas are getting out of hand, I agree to keeping it simple. We should have a theme, an objective, and that's it. Everything else should be a bit free so as not to cramp the joining artists.

Postby Black » Tue Jun 23, 2009 4:30 pm

Hmm... What do you think about futuristic sci-fi world? No magic this time. Acceptable OCs: robots, androids, cyborgs, humans, bio-enhanced (genetically-improved) humans.
Setting? Military base with and underground research complex? Either that, or a platform in the middle of Atlantic ocean, with an underwater complex.
Objective? Capture (not destroy) the incredibly-powerful military robot/android, while trying not to be killed by it (OCs fight among themselves until the final round. In final round there'll be a fight with the android)?

Postby Engravement » Tue Jun 23, 2009 10:02 pm

I like it actually.
I'm feelin' the Atlantic Platform and the underwater thing. Combine them into an ocean maze.

Postby CogitoIJ » Wed Jun 24, 2009 10:54 am

I had this odd dream the other night that i thought might make an interesting idea for an oct, each persons character is a passenger on a bus, the bus is travelling across the country and everyone has their own reasons for being on it. During the journey there's a giant flash of light and an explosion that blows the bus off the road and it crashes, everyone in the bus then awakes to find the surroundings are a grey wasteland and standing at the front of the bus is a tall hooded figure, it explains that they are in a purgatory between life and death and he is there to guide their souls to the afterlife, but one soul will be allowed to return to the living. He explains that those that die in that realm will move onto death and the last one alive will return to the living, so everyone then has to fight for the chance to be alive again.

Also, the person that wins gets to choose what happened in the real world that caused the accident.

Postby visi » Wed Jun 24, 2009 11:16 am

I like CogitoIJ's idea. But I also like water.... <3
thomas is a nerd

Postby Vegedus » Wed Jun 24, 2009 12:53 pm

There's been around 3 variations on the "death" OCT. I also rather like the concept, since it's ripe for drama.

Something I'd add to Cogito's was that it might be set in a modern setting, but the people, existing now purely in spirit/soul form and liberated of their bodies gained powers relating to their personality and inner being.

Postby CogitoIJ » Wed Jun 24, 2009 1:15 pm

Yea I was thinking something along the lines of what Veg said, everyone is just a normal person, they could be a criminal or a drifter or any kind of person, but still just be normal people. But then in the spirit world they are not shackled by the same natural laws of the real world.

Postby Engravement » Wed Jun 24, 2009 2:21 pm

Jet Li: Unleashed
Epic Movie. Watch it. :D

Postby sam4books » Wed Jun 24, 2009 2:23 pm

That's weird, I had the same dream once o.O
Musicmac: "Sam4Books: Always ready to cheer things up with awesome art. Terms and Conditions apply."
In passing

Postby Mehoaido » Wed Jun 24, 2009 3:15 pm

Cogito's Idea sounds cool
Yet it sorta resembles "The world ends with you"
It's not enough to have no thoughts.
You gotta be unable to express them.

My Art thread

Postby visi » Thu Jun 25, 2009 5:36 pm

I can't remember what this was from, but there was a concept that people had to face their fears to live. That, or it would kill them.

God, I think that was from a TV show I used to watch when I was little........
thomas is a nerd

Postby Engravement » Thu Jun 25, 2009 7:46 pm

I'm still likin' that Mech idea.

Postby Zega » Fri Jun 26, 2009 5:20 am

hmm... i like cogito's idea! its simple and it works!
but i would change the part of the bus xD

Postby sam4books » Fri Jun 26, 2009 9:51 am

My friend once made up a concept like that, only it was a hotel where a bunch of people fell asleep and got trapped in there dream having to face their fears or else their die or something like that. I can't wait to tell him that idea had already been taken, and he's been pestering me about not stealing his idea too xD
Musicmac: "Sam4Books: Always ready to cheer things up with awesome art. Terms and Conditions apply."
In passing

PreviousNext

Return to Art