Akon

Discuss new comics, posts, and news directly from the Snafu-Comics main page!

Moderator: Mod Squad

Postby Dave » Thu May 28, 2009 12:29 pm

Well I'm flying off to akon this weekend. If you're in dallas texas stop by the artist alley and say hi. Sooooo looking forward to this convention being over so I can get some sleep. I literally was home for a day and a half from fanime before I had to fly out again. I want to make comics so bad it hurts. Honestly I want to cut conventions out and just do comics all the time. But snafu survives almost entirely off of convention sales so its something I can't leave behind. Ugh. What I rerally need is a sales man to watch the booth for me so I can stay home and comic.

That will never happen.
WiNg0o wrote:To be honest I thought Dave just existed. In the beginning there was Dave.
Administrator

Re: Akon

Postby BeeAre » Fri May 29, 2009 4:52 pm

hey i might go to that tomorrow will you still be there dave
Snafu Comics' Forum Alpha Bro, Staff Writer, Editor, Image, and Keeper of the Jar Brain of Secret President. RIP Ku Ku Ku \(-^.^-)/ U Wuz A REAL N***A!!!!!!!
"We're quite aware of this. BR is no happy rainbow face man. He is simply our neighborhood best fucking poster." ~ Warbear
最後の撃は。。。切ない。Puff Most Epic.
Ladies and Gentlemen, The:
BR

Postby Kris » Fri May 29, 2009 9:19 pm

I believe that I have volunteered to do such a thing before. :)

But I'm kind of a bitch. I might not sell anything, lol.
Kris: that's Han Solo
Nix: That guys always smoking foo's
Nix: He be all "Nigga Vada please!"

Darkstar Studios
----------------------------------------------
Wildcard: Kris is the most beautiful man alive
Kris: aww, thanks Wayne

Postby BeeAre » Sun May 31, 2009 12:32 am

Endling and Dave are nice guys. *nod*
Snafu Comics' Forum Alpha Bro, Staff Writer, Editor, Image, and Keeper of the Jar Brain of Secret President. RIP Ku Ku Ku \(-^.^-)/ U Wuz A REAL N***A!!!!!!!
"We're quite aware of this. BR is no happy rainbow face man. He is simply our neighborhood best fucking poster." ~ Warbear
最後の撃は。。。切ない。Puff Most Epic.
Ladies and Gentlemen, The:
BR

Postby AnimeMun » Sun May 31, 2009 8:58 am

As are the wonderful people at OMG!Con. I mention that because interestingly enough our Paducah, KY con was scheduled the same weekend as A-Kon during its first year. Something we didn't and don't have any hard feelings about. BUT we did get a letter from their chair asking and I quote "Why did you schedule your little event during A-Kon, the second largest convention in the country?" to which our kind con-chair replied "Because we want to have fun too." Just an interesting story. Anyway, since then we have not been scheduled during the same weekend as A-Kon so if anyone here feels like checking out a newer con that loves its attendees come on up. chances are you can get some nice free stuff along with having an all around GREAT time!

Postby Kris » Mon Jun 01, 2009 12:10 am

Eh, I kind of wonder how much longer the "second largest convention in the country" will really be around. It just seems to get sadder and more pathetic with each passing year.

I don't know if they're just getting to big and can't handle it, or if the people in charge just don't know what they're doing. Something's been up, though.
Kris: that's Han Solo
Nix: That guys always smoking foo's
Nix: He be all "Nigga Vada please!"

Darkstar Studios
----------------------------------------------
Wildcard: Kris is the most beautiful man alive
Kris: aww, thanks Wayne

Postby AnimeMun » Mon Jun 01, 2009 6:15 am

Kris wrote:Eh, I kind of wonder how much longer the "second largest convention in the country" will really be around. It just seems to get sadder and more pathetic with each passing year.

I don't know if they're just getting to big and can't handle it, or if the people in charge just don't know what they're doing. Something's been up, though.

From what I hear (from certain people I know that I won't name due to my trust of them) Its the latter. This also includes situations including bootleggers and guest treatment. I've even been told about (certain people I know that I won't name due to my trust of them) refusing to go again because of how they've been treated in recent years. OMG!Con however has managed to find and kick out bootleggers very early on so everyone you'll see at the dealers room there is legit as well as the fact that the guests are treated with the utmost respect by both staff and attendees. Something I hope does not change regardless of how big we might get. All we ask if you are an attendee at our con is that you have fun and be respectful to your fellow con-goers and the guests. Because without the attendees, guests and the staff there OMG!Con would not exist. So if you are able to make it to Paducah, KY to check us out this weekend, please do so. I guarantee you'll have some fun along the way.

Return to Comic Updates and News!