Shaking Babies

Discuss new comics, posts, and news directly from the Snafu-Comics main page!

Moderator: Mod Squad

Postby Dave » Mon Apr 27, 2009 3:00 am

Well I was reading internet news as I tend to do from time to time (constantly) and I came across one of the million fluff pieces that aren't news but stupid stories designed to insight ignorant unaware people into come kind of frenzied rage. And oh how it works like magic every time. Normally I don't give these things much attention and particularly wouldn't bother mentioning it to you fine people. But this one has the most insane comments I've ever read on the internet and I've read a lot of insane comments.

Quick recap of what happened. Someone somewhere made a silly app for the iphone, this is NOT Apple that made it is just someone who made it and it can be played on the apple iphone. Well the app is of random bad sketches of babbies and they're crying and you can shake the phone and the baby gets giant red x's over it's eye's in a cartoon fashion to show that the baby died. and thus the point of the baby shaking app in the first place. I'm sure it took someone all of 10 minutes to make the application. I suck at programming and I could have even made this one. It's not some indepth thing it's just silly. Here you can see it for yourself.

Warning: If you have no concept of reality and can't understand a joke, or if you get incredibly offended when people shake their phones then don't watch this completely harmless video.

The comments were a varied range from "boycott apple", to feminist super-nazi-man-hatred, to hoping the person who made the game goes to jail for helping in murder, and of course that follows with he should be thrown in jail and butt raped (of course, you cant have christian outrage without butt sex involved to make everything ok again.) They also threw in that if we're so mad at this we should also be made at Grand Theft Auto. Oh and anyone who thinks this is funny should have been aborted or at the very least sterilized so they can never have kids to murder with their now expertly well practiced baby shaking skillz. I mean clearly nobody ever shook a baby before the iphone came out. Clearly.

Here I'll take one of the lighter comments directly.

Rosanne Hughes 4-26-2009 @ 10:25PM

I was an apple user. No more. They have obviously decided to target the truly stupid people in our society. Since I do not fall into that category I will purchase my computers and phones elsewhere

*facepalm*

Rose check out this bit of filth

3==>

there I just made a penis with a three some equal signs and a ">" If you're viewing it, it's on your PC right this second. Let's boycott Microsoft, I can't believe they would allow a text penis to be programed onto your computer like that. And for that matter let's ban 3's and equal signs from now on just incase our children someday see this horrible thing sick fucks call a "joke".

For any person thats inconsolably outraged at this and believe anyone who isn't shouldn't have kids. I'd like to show you with science why not only should they be parents, but that they are better candidates for parents than you.

This picture is

a) a cellphone
B) a baby
C) murder training device
D) key to the gates of hell.

If you answered, B, C, or D... yeah you failed my super scientific reality test.

With all that said there was one comment that was rational and makes perfect sense.

Ellen 4-25-2009 @ 5:26PM

How about, right or wrong, this game is just in poor taste.

Now that's "outrage" I can respect. I'm not saying you have to like it, I'm not saying you have to download the app and play it everyday because it's so super awesome. But seriously people. Get a REAL problem to worry about, because this is just silly.
WiNg0o wrote:To be honest I thought Dave just existed. In the beginning there was Dave.
Administrator

Re: Shaking Babies

Postby Mogamepro » Mon Apr 27, 2009 4:02 am

"This picture is

a) a cellphone
B) a baby
C) murder training device
D) key to the gates of hell. "

Definitely A.

I went and checked out the link in the discription of the video you posted. I have to agree that most of them are over-reacting. The app is in mega-bad taste, but geez those ppl really do need to get a real topic to get all freaked out and worry about. This app makes me think of dead baby jokes. Thankfully I've only heard a few, but none of them ever were funny. It would appear that the app has been pulled and hopefully the news article does something besides giving ppl a sad reason to complain about something. Though I somehow doubt that apple's app approval process will improve because of this.

PS: Keep up the good work with all the good strips on this site, I read most of them.

Postby Ichise » Mon Apr 27, 2009 6:01 am

I don't know if I should feel bad or not, but if you have a kid then good for you, but honestly on the internet there are games where you throw babies into the air out of canons. Games where you catapult a baby towards a farm house to try and 'paint' it red. Mostly teens I will say because they are easily amused. Trust me. I used to see it happen all the time in school libraries. I found it amusing and I used to play such games. It was funny. So get the hell over it because honestly too bad. If your kid was thrown at a farm house then I bet you would object to that kind of game too. And if games or applications like that bother people then shouldn't Vietnam war veterans, or any kind of war veteran, be outraged by those 'Call of Duty' and '2142' and other fighting games too? Seriously. Get the fuck over yourself people of the US.

I found the huge retort against this really funny. >]
✗ 'I'm havin' a bad day! I'm sick of people trying to shoot me, ride over me and blow me up!... I didn't even get to keep my new dress, and i actually paid for it!'

Postby kitsunemaru » Mon Apr 27, 2009 12:18 pm

They should make a butt rape app. that should cause a stir. The app involves a bunch of bare asses flying across the screen and you have to poke (i.e. 'finger') the most butts to win. See how many uber-christian homophobes freak out to that one...
Where the story turns strange.....
NOMZ

Postby Dave » Mon Apr 27, 2009 12:43 pm

I'd be more interested to see how many uber-christian homophobes secretly buy it.
WiNg0o wrote:To be honest I thought Dave just existed. In the beginning there was Dave.
Administrator

Postby Dallen9 » Mon Apr 27, 2009 8:10 pm

Ok just to Allow Open minds who Can't See What the deal is and Haven't become sane or Insane enough to Figure out Why A is not the only Correct Answer in this Rhetorical Question.

A). it is a Cell Phone Now But Knowing How Technology Advances in Won't be tomorrow.
B). It's a Cute little Baby and You in your mind killed it. Even if no Real Life is Lost you Still in your mind killed a baby and Now know How to with out leaving any first sight able evidence.
C). It's not hard to turn it into a Killing Machine It's done Every day Don't deny it.
D). Not really the Key just a Way of Getting one... LIKE EBAY!

These are Simple And Easy to Disregard points. I know they are but these are points "those" people are most likely Using from a logical Stand point.

And We all Know Grand Thief Auto is fun But Guys it's not the Best game to be Paying Hell for. Rockstar produced there Best Version of the Game and Then strayed from it . And the Story lines run from almost the same back drop, your a thug and you make it big in the end. So If your buying Grand Thief Auto Games Like Sport nuts Buy Madden Games.... They Have your Ass and will Make you pay. If you guys Don't know about Columbine then Learn about it cause that is a big Part of the Problem. In truth I say we do this like the Mob and make it look like it never happen rather than get Violent about spilled Milk on the clean Mans' suit. Believe it or not they got the money and we ain't got nothin, so if they want too they can make it where Video Games are like Cigarettes and prove how "bad" it is for your health and have the Unethical or Logical Folk Go Against are fun. I'd still like to Play my Smash Brothers or Street fight or even better Marvel v.s Capcom 2. But if Your going to Cop an Attitude an be pissy about it then We'll all lose it and those ass Holes Win!

Now if you'll Excuse me I'll Gladly leave for the day and if you'll pardon any misuse of or Words you don't approve just kindly remember I'm making a mek and Outside of the Box point of Things. And this Post is longer then I wanted it to be, but Dave did one of those "Damn it the Commies did it again"(Cold War Joke for those who don't like history) like things and playing the Antagonist is so much fun.

Postby zebarnabe » Mon Apr 27, 2009 8:38 pm

Hmmm ... i don't agree that iPhone is a cellphone.... is an handheld device with cellphone capabilities... if was just a cellphone it won't have applications like those.

The point here is, if you don't like an application you can simply don't have it, is not like every application is pre-loaded on your iphone for you to use them... ppl are free to make crazy stuff, sure apple has some quality control that prevents some (useful) applications to be made...

Oh well... some babies laugh when shaken (not violently of course), they don't exacly die... i wonder if they replaced the :dead: babie faces for a :bigsmile: ppl would not complain... is just a sprite after all....

Postby Dave » Mon Apr 27, 2009 8:41 pm

I just want instructions on how to turn my cellphone into a killing machine. if it's being done everyday, I'm really behind.
Administrator

Postby Animal » Tue Apr 28, 2009 5:12 am

Dave and all you other randoms who post in this topic, where I agree with you, making such an outcry in such a place where no-one's going to visit, where you act like no-one's going to visit who feels the opposite of how you do, seems nearly pointless. If this isn't such a big deal and those who do make a big deal of it are doing so wrongly, then why make a counter-big deal about not making big deals about pointless arguments? Also, trying to make enemies is going to make you the worst type of friend, one who can't spell to save their life and can't hold an argument when all eyes are put on them. I am a christian homophobe, I can see the useless in people's outrage to this game, but you, Dave, have also lost my utmost respect, not that you would care for the loss of me. I swear where it is necessary and where I want, but i can hold my tongue where it is required, play Grand Theft Auto, I find much, much entertainment in throwing cute, innocent things out of a cannon or catapult in a false, pixelated world but I would never dream of doing such a thing in real life. Let people have their own opinions, don't insult your allies and don't hide such violent insults and opinions in a place no-one important is going to see them.

Catchya laters ;),
Animal

Postby LivemeLifefree » Thu Apr 30, 2009 12:30 am

The reason people are upset at Apple is because all apps have to go through an approval. You can't just submit an app and it be in the store instantly. It has to get approved by Apple them selves. So, someone thought it was appropiate to be sold for $1. It's like if someone made a WiiWare, PSN, or Xbox Live game about raping special ed kids and it got sold. It was Nintendo, Sony, or Microsoft who approved the game to be sold. I agree, it is silly and some people just have a dark humor.

Postby eggswithketsup » Thu Apr 30, 2009 9:51 am

3=======> Ha! Mine's bigger!
It's better to be pissed off than pissed on.

Return to Comic Updates and News!