Requests and Recruitment

Artists! Show your work, tips, tricks, requests, and challenges. This forum includes visual art, music, 3D, animation, abstract art, graphic design, sculpture, EVERYTHING.

Moderator: Mod Squad

Re: Requests and Recruitment

Postby Shoi » Mon Feb 23, 2009 10:28 pm

How much would you pay the artist if you made profit?
My Art thread
SableTheFabled:
Do you know where i live? Fucking Barbados.
Whatis6times9:
It was about as easy as... Goddammit, it is to easy. And to me a whore is just a slut with a good sense of enterprise.

Postby Caesar12 » Mon Feb 23, 2009 10:32 pm

50-50

Postby Shoi » Mon Feb 23, 2009 10:40 pm

Usually, an artist won't do work on something of this grade unless there's some money involved early on in the deal. For people looking for artists it will almost always end up being an "investment" instead of an "When we start making money, you get paid." You might find someone out there that will run with you on this, and I hope you do. But if you really want this comic to go you're probably just going to have to pay someone to work on it. If it's a good enough idea, it will sell and you will make your money back in due time.

If you do end up wanting to pay for services up front, I suggest going to conceptart.org A LOT of great artist there that would be willing to work for you.
My Art thread
SableTheFabled:
Whatis6times9:
It was about as easy as... Goddammit, it is to easy. And to me a whore is just a slut with a good sense of enterprise.

Postby Caesar12 » Tue Feb 24, 2009 3:40 pm

right now though id like 2 start off as a "just for fun" thing, and see where it goes from there, if it goes anywhere

Postby Thiamor » Thu Feb 26, 2009 8:58 am

I'll just...fix this post*Edited*
Last edited by Thiamor on Fri Feb 27, 2009 8:40 am, edited 1 time in total.
Working on another story other than Hellfire, called Geistauge, which can be found here.
Show me on the doll

Postby Shoi » Thu Feb 26, 2009 6:09 pm

Bumping this to keep it on top for any newbies. This should really be a sticky..

EDIT: OH WAIT, it is a basically a sticky. Why the hell would you not put your shit up in the ALREADY STICKIED VERSION OF THIS??
My Art thread
SableTheFabled:
Whatis6times9:

How do i..?

Postby kayosse » Sun Mar 15, 2009 11:57 am

Ok, i have a comic. im working on it myself, i dont need help or anything, i just wanted to know if it would be possible to have it admited into the Snafu comunity, and if its possibe, who i have to ask.

does anyone know?

Postby Mirak's Mod Ghost » Sun Mar 15, 2009 9:51 pm

You have to PM the site administrator, Dave.
There is no other way.

By the way, you'll probably be rejected, if your art matches Bleedman's or Endling's, maybe even Herm's, you might have a chance. If not, don't bother.
Patt-Ytto Productions | Dickwaffles

Postby Thiamor » Thu Mar 19, 2009 1:35 pm

I need to see if anyone would be able to draw and color some evil, wicked cool looking versions of Tetris shapes? It goes with my weird Nintendon't series.
Working on another story other than Hellfire, called Geistauge, which can be found here.
Show me on the doll

Postby PhoenixPhyre » Mon Mar 23, 2009 9:43 pm

Titched. wrote:I previously said, that i was making a comic about a young ninja, and im scared that he looks a bit too much like Tin,

any suggestions?
below is a picture of the ninja i created:

Please help me out?

xx

I drew this example after reading some posts from a while back. The reason yours looks alot like tin is because it very much is. Alot of simple ninja designs use a circle head with the only thing showing is the eyes. There is a face under the garbs and what not. Just think about your characters personality, and how you want him to be and add details from there. If anything try to use a differnet head shape, and reveal more fo the face at the very least.
:D

Postby LiesOrLies » Thu Apr 16, 2009 3:09 pm

:!: I NEED HELP :!:
Please I need a colourist (someone to colour my comic's for me) becuse i suck at stuff like that :'(
but my art is sick lol
Please help

Postby LiesOrLies » Thu Apr 16, 2009 3:41 pm

LiesOrLies wrote::!: I NEED HELP :!:
Please I need a colourist (someone to colour my comic's for me) becuse i suck at stuff like that :'(
but my art is sick lol
Please help

If you need a pic to colour wait a sec

Postby Thiamor » Thu Apr 16, 2009 11:11 pm

Don't double post, let alone replying to youself.....
Show me on the doll

Postby Hapoppo » Fri Apr 17, 2009 8:51 am

Hey, guys. Just popping back in to see if any colorists want to help me with my webcomic, Punk-Pink!, soo I can focus on better lineart. What I'm looking for is someone who can color two to three pages a week using an anime-style shading. If you're interested, I've got a few lineart samples here:

http://www.hapoville.com/images/lineartpage.jpg
http://www.hapoville.com/images/lineartpage2.jpg
http://www.hapoville.com/images/lineartpage3.jpg
http://www.hapoville.com/images/Testbebe.jpg

Thanks for reading!

Postby Chuckledarkly » Fri Apr 17, 2009 9:18 am

Thats some decent line work.
Check Out My Art

-----> viewtopic.php?t=23012Cheak <-----

Alice laughed: "There's no use trying," she said; "one can't believe impossible things." "I daresay you haven't had much practice," said the Queen.
Proud Member of BEOS

Postby rando » Mon Apr 20, 2009 12:20 am

removed by poster...
Last edited by rando on Fri Jul 10, 2009 6:31 am, edited 1 time in total.

Postby Thiamor » Mon Apr 27, 2009 7:04 pm

I'm in need of something drawn. If someone doesn't mind to help that is.
I'm needing a title screen drawn up for a game that I'm making. If anyone cares, contact me on here and or PM and I'll tell you more.
Please and thank-you.
Show me on the doll

Postby Brax4 » Mon Apr 27, 2009 7:28 pm

You might just want to put up the info here.
Such as title of the game, selectable buttons, characters, etc.?
[ LVL 131 ]

Postby Thiamor » Mon Apr 27, 2009 7:57 pm

I'd like to see, if possible, the seven characters shown, and at the bottom, kinda faded with this ghostly...smoke-ish feel around it, of the main character and the final boss running at each other, about to clash blades.

The Title is "Tale of Seven"
Characters are:

Brian - Red eyes, black/ brown hair. Head band...bandanna looking thing one, and the hair is flipped over it because it's a bit long in the front. Black trench coat thing is on, and a black vest.

Jordan - yellow-greenish haired half elf with a mean, tough look in his eyes. Blue eyes. Blue cut off shirt, with blue pants.

Barnes - black, high and tight looking hair style, with a tough looking, wise looking face. Wears this weird looking dark, fading cloak where it shows his head, but covers the shoulders down.

Klace - Long yellow hair, with an x shaped scare on his left cheek. Old Armour on.

Lor Eann - Old Armour on, Blond headed female, with brown eyes, and, a weird, royal looking headband on.

Ardith - Half Dragon, half elf. All white with red silver-blueish eyes. Little wings. Underbelly that conencts to the neck too is light blue. little horns.

Luppan - Half Demon, Half Elf. Long, silver hair, put up in a pony tail or however it's spelled, and he has horns. Green eyes. Silver Armour, mixed with a loin cloth, over the lower part of the Armour, the leggings or whatever it's called there.

I'd like it to show all of the 7 somehow. Maybe with a background showing somewhere.

I hope that this isn't too much.

The boss has Black hair, mid in length. Thick, rough looking, silver Armour. Red, evil looking eyes. Trench as well, over the Armour. Sword is whatever you want to add for both the main guy and the boss.
Show me on the doll

Postby LiesOrLies » Fri May 01, 2009 3:19 pm

Sry bout that heres a pic Image

Postby Thiamor » Fri May 01, 2009 11:02 pm

Don't post pics here, at least make your own art thread. By the way, I like it.
So, any go on my request anyone? :P
Show me on the doll

Postby LiesOrLies » Sat May 02, 2009 9:41 am

:redface: sry

Postby Thiamor » Sat May 02, 2009 2:54 pm

Well my thing isn't something that anyone would really want to get paid for. Well they would but there's no reason for it. One page for a title screen of a video game. If it's just that, there is no point to pay anyone. I could say that they would get the game first or first preview of the game when it's done, but I doubt anyone would go for that.
Show me on the doll

Postby Garethcool » Wed Jul 01, 2009 10:44 pm

Okay. I'm here from the RP forum because I need some help with a RPG I'm creating with the program 'RPG maker VX'. I need someone who is decent with making maps, I can control all of the effects and the storyline, but I need an artist who could design a world map.

The map must be approx. 200x200 'tiles', and it needs several cities of varying sizes. I can work on all the dungeons, and all boss fights are easily dealt with. You will be fully credited, and I will owe you. When this game is complete it is going to be sold and about 20-30% will be going to you, and at 10 dollars a copy you're making 2-3 dollars, and at least 20 games will be sold, guaranteeing 30 + dollars. And the satisfaction of creating a game. You will also receive a free copy of the game.
Fenix13: Remember this well Gareth: With great power... comes hot bitches.
NOX wrote:Captain's Log - 9/7/2009
Pandora's box was not filled with candy.

Garethcool: I WILL BECOME YOUR MANSLAVE.
Sam4books: That's the plan ;D
Wielder of the Hammer of Myent

Postby Amaranthine Ali » Sat Jul 04, 2009 6:45 pm

My Purpose Here is to look for Recruitment. As Stated in my latest deviantART news article http://news.deviantart.com/article/85232/

For more than five or six years I have been creating characters and possible storylines. But even now I still can’t get anywhere with what I’ve already got. So I’m looking for people, artists and possibly other writers to help me make my publishing dreams a reality, whether it be comic form or actual published novels.

A Major Novel project for me has always been my Chronicles of Loreithia novel series, which includes;
The Trilogy:
The SummerRaine Chronicles: Part One: The Dragon Empress
The SummerRaine Chronicles: Part Two: Child of the Prophecy
The SummerRaine Chronicles: Part Three A New Hope

My Envision of "The SummerRaine Chronicles" would be an epic fantasy telling the story of a young princess' battle between and evil and the evil that looms within her and telling the story of those good and evil around her. My true inspiration behind the Chronicles are the movies of Lord of the Rings trilogy, Merlin and Willow.

Within the Chronicles it focus's on a whole theme (A seriously overused concept I know) of good versus evil, light and dark. Uh.. You get the picture. A Story where it is based upon my first ever RPG character who I am planning to write a novel trilogy set about her as well as her family, this child is a Dragon-Mage/Demon Vampire hybrid.

Anyway this child was made to look perfect, almost like a porcelain doll. Born from an otherworldly and universal ancient prophecy, which suggests that she was created for one reason and that one reason was to defeat evil, including destroying her demonic lord father Emmanuel.

But through all of this, this child is going through quite a battle within her very own chaotic mind, having been born to both sides. She knows about the horrors of what evil can do, and so she decides to stay away from it, but evil has its way of temptation, especially when the child can be easily angered and agitated. Believe me.

CHRONICLES LITERATURE WRITTEN BY ME

The SummerRaine Chronicles Teasers
Part 1: The Dragon Empress
Part 2: Child of the Prophecy

And the Chronicles Tree-Branch Story: Child of Darknes (found linked from my DeviantART frontpage)

And As you will see with my gallery and my DeviantART Commissions Gallery, you will find artwork of my characters and other characters within these stories.

Chronicles of Loreithia - The Darkling

The Darkling would be the story of an old character reborn and made as a character for an old forum RP based on `Endling’s Everafter comic series, and should be based on the life of a child made of Shadows and Darkness, her name is Inaiyah Zavirone, in a way she is a Princess of the “Shadow Realm’’ region within Loreitha. Her story and portrait can be found http://pandora123.deviantart.com/art/Inaiyah-Zavirone-44023013, that particular artwork was again commissioned by http://pandora123.deviantart.com/

> Little Pandora
> Little Pandora and the Seven Deadly Sins

As for the Pandora stories. The Idea itself came from the Pandora’s box legend. But in my story, Pandora is an orphaned fledging Dragon Mage studying at the royal city of Loreithia’s Drakecodia City’s Dragonstone Academy, and she learns and creates a box to store her emotions and the dark secrets of her past. The story may continue to another story about the Seven Deadly Sins and how she deals with them.

Others Novel Project ideas would be;

Elements
The Story behind Elements involves four sisters created from the elements, Earth, Air, Fire and Water.

The synopsis for Elements is as said:
In the formation of the universe, a collective elemental power was also created within the boundaries of the universe within one powerful galaxy known as the Aurora Star System. This elemental power laid dormant until the formation of the Earth within the Milky Way system and a few hundred millenniums later the power seeded itself into the human race creating elite human beings, these creations were thus called; The Elementals.

And within the Elemental collective, an elemental sisterhood: the Denali’s also was created during the 18th century, they had the powers of the four main elements, the eldest sister: Raine was Water, Jade was Earth, Sienna was Air, and Miya was fire.

Children of the Night
And Children of the Night is a typical vampire story. About a vampire clan called The Nightbreed, and tells the life stories of the people within the clan. The Story in full can be found here, I would like to continue with this story project, making it better.

And, so far that’s all I have to show. So if there is anyone out there (whether it be comic artist or writer) who would be willing to join me in my projects or if you have any ideas of your own, note me. It be very much appreciated.

^_^ Ali

PreviousNext

Return to Art