Maximum Ride:Kidnapped OOC ... DEAD

As the title suggests, feel free to RP it up.

Moderators: Mod Squad, RP Mod Squad

Maximum Ride:Kidnapped OOC ... DEAD

Postby Mystery Girl » Thu Apr 09, 2009 3:31 pm

Imagine hell… I bet you think incredibly hot… tortured by the devil… never getting any rest… Not being able to eat... That exists on this place we call the earth...Except for the heat. Here… at the ‘School’ The most sadistic of all humans’ work here… experimenting… on US. Now I guess your wondering how WE came to start… the most innocent little thing of donated eggs and sperm… Though for the only animal species… it was just getting animals for them to experiment on… They created us… Carried us for months as we grew… mutants… and then threw us into Dog crates, experimenting on it… examining us to see how we cope with disease, stress, and exhaustion.
Living in this hell hole has finally taken its toile. My names Max… and I want out… now which of you are with me… Being chased by the dogs of this place… sadly not all experiments are good... The erasers will try to kill us… but I would rather die than stay here much longer…. Stay here for the rest of your life, hoping the end would come sooner rather than later. Or manage the chance of survival with no more experiments?
~Now this Role Play will start in the cages of the Lab, you have to escape with Max and Fang, 2 bird humans. Fang is the wing man to Max, you want you escape with them… and try to survive in the real world… searching for somewhere safe… while the School sends god knows how many strange things your way… and while your doing this… you have to save the world.~

Name: (Any name is fine, there is no need for a sensible name… you were raised in a lab)
Species: (Any combination of 2 animals… Though it is necessary that they can communicate with the others in the group)
Personality: (what type of personality do they have, do bear in mind… a group of kids that have been constantly experimented on)
Appearance: (What genetic information did they get from their original parents and what did they get from the added DNA… e.g.… a kid with wings…. Or a bird with cat features. Remember you will be continually evolving I will PM you when its time for new powers. Please choose an Appearance that isn't overly difficult to hide so people can blend in..)
Quirks: (what are you scared of… anything that makes your heart flutter… what about something that makes you want to run and hide)
Powers: (a few abnormal things you can do… e.g. hide in the shadows, travel at unrealistic speeds, be incredible at hacking computers)

Brief History: (what experiments have been used on you… use your imagination)

Constitution- How much battering your character can take before he goes down like a bag of shit. A normal human would have a constitution of around 3

Strength- How strong your character is, this will also reflect on how much damage he can cause in combat and with melee weapons. A normal human would have a strength of around 3... A heavy fighter nearer 5 and 6.

Speed- This skill governs your characters speed when running, and his dexterity and ability of dodging blows in combat . A normal human has a speed of 3 without any training. All mutants have had more training, and alot of it is natural

Intelligence- This is how cleaver your character is, How easy it is for them to learn knew information. A normal human would have an interlect of about 4, A Heavy fighter would have adverage intelligence, those that don't fight with have a higher intelligence.

20 points for starter character I will give out points throughout the RP, and When I give out points... you can Bank them and exchange them for new abilities of your choice... Abilities you want, you have to ask me about an ability and then I will decide how many points you need to get that ability

Accepted Characters in age order
NPC - Maximum Ride (Hawk/Human) Age 16
NPC - Fang (Crow/Human) Age 16
Caim - Alex (Reptile/Human) Age 16
Nyvyan - Ray O’Neil (Bat/Human) Age 16
Glacier - Hect Buron (Beetle/Human) Age 15
NPC - Lyca (Silver Fox/Human) Age 15
Gigafist - Hanrad (Human/Komodo) Dragon 15
Chocolate Hurriane - Alexander Hack (Human/Steppe Eagle) 14
BeinginHell101 - Tweety (Squirrel/Human) Age 14
Slipslash - Lawrence (Albatross/Chameleon/Human) Age 12
Glacier - Luna (Coyote/Human) Age 10
Mellow - Chernobog (Salamander/Human) Age 9
Nyvyan - Charlie Hallow (Bear/Human) Age 7
NPC - Robin (Falcon/Human) Age 6
NPC - Akira (White Alsatian/Golden Eagle) Age 3

Characters up for grabs
Last edited by Mystery Girl on Tue Jul 21, 2009 3:39 pm, edited 36 times in total.

Re: Maximum Ride: Time to Escape OOC

Postby Glacier » Thu Apr 09, 2009 4:19 pm

Awesome, I'll get to work on a CS pretty soon.

Postby Mystery Girl » Thu Apr 09, 2009 4:48 pm

thankyou

Postby Mystery Girl » Thu Apr 09, 2009 5:44 pm

Name: Maximum Ride
Species: 98% Human and 2% Avian

Personality: Max is a strong person, caring as any mother but still too young to ever be one. She wants to save any thing she can. Max is a natural born leader and she would put herself up for the experimentations before any of the kids. She is kind hearted, but the leader of the group so she has to be strong and can not show emotions that cause weakness, such as crying.

Appearance: Dirty blonde curls of shoulder length and Hazel eyes. Max stands at about 5 foot 9, with a thin build. Max has thin bones… bigger lungs, and a more efficient heart… so she can fly through the air on her brown and white wings, her weight at only 37kg. Max wears blue jeans and a tank top with a short red jacket. Max’s clothes have slits in the back so that her wings can come through. She has a wing span of 15 ft.
http://i278.photobucket.com/albums/kk11 ... 30copy.jpg

Quirks: Hates the smell of anything medical… the antiseptic smell. He hates to see people in white doctor coats. She loves the sound of an Erasers nose snapping and the groan that follows. Max Loves Cookies.
Powers: Can fly at over 200miles per hour, and sprint at 120 miles per hour. (references from the book) insane regeneration, and insane strength

Brief History: Being the eldest of the entire group she often would offer herself for tests, she hated to see the other experiments in pain, but because of her strong attitude she ended up with double the amount of experiments as everyone else as they had always tried to break her spirit.

Constitution- 6
Strength- 8
Speed- 8
Intelligence- 5

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Name: Fang
Species: 98% Human and 2% Avian

Personality: Fang is quiet and secluded to himself, but he looks after the young ones and cares for each of them in small ways. He is the rock behind Max, he could never lead the group but he gladly helps. Fang doesn’t show emotion, he only smirks when something is extremely amusing.

Appearance: Long black hair, normally tied up, pale skin and dark eyes. Fang wear dark clothes, normally black. His wings are black with tints of purple. The perfect appearance for hiding in the shadows. Weighs only 40kg but has a height of 6 ft 2. Strength that is better than all grown men, and speed only bested by Max. He has a wing span of 17 foot
http://images1.fanpop.com/images/photos ... 6-1600.jpg

Quirks: Hates the smell of anything medical… the antiseptic smell. He loves the sound of an Erasers nose snapping and the groan that follows. He has a slight sadistic personality in causing pain to those that cause pain to the experiments…
Powers: Can hide in the shadows and manipulate them slightly, Can fly at over 100 miles per hour, and sprint at 120 miles per hour. (references from the book) insane regeneration, and insane strength

Brief History: Fang cares for all the others, but he has quite a history of causing injury to the scientist… Fang hates the fact that he has to be constantly bathed in light so he couldn’t escape… He was constantly bound by his wrists and wings she he couldn’t beat back the scientists. He hates it because he can’t comfort the others… or help Max when she offers herself to save the torment to the younger ones.

Constitution- 6
Strength- 9
Speed- 7
Intelligence- 5
Last edited by Mystery Girl on Sat Jun 06, 2009 7:10 am, edited 8 times in total.

Postby Icerider » Thu Apr 09, 2009 5:53 pm

LOVE the Maximum Ride stories, so gimme a couple of days and I'll write up a CS for this - should be fun! Sorta a shame you had Fang instead of Oz though...Oz rocked so much harder.
Just call me Ice

Postby Mystery Girl » Thu Apr 09, 2009 6:03 pm

I havn't read that version yet so don't spoil it for me

Postby Scrambles » Thu Apr 09, 2009 6:27 pm

Sounds interesting, I'll think up a CS

Postby Caim » Thu Apr 09, 2009 6:37 pm

Name: Alex

Species: Human and Reptile

Personality: Alex is a fairly complex and divided young woman, even considering her less-than-ideal upbringing. Like the animal that forms a part of her very DNA, she can be cold, calculating, and utterly merciless to anyone she sees as an enemy or a threat. There is almost nothing she won't to do gain revenge on the scientists who cruelly experimented him year after year since the day she was born. Yet at the same time, Alex can be remarkably caring and emotional if someone he cares about is in danger. The times she has spent with his fellows are the only good memories she has and as such she will do everything within her power to protect them, even if it means risking capture and further experimentation on her part.

Despite being one of the older members of the group, Alex is surprisingly self-conscious and unsure of both herself and her abilities. Most of the time this trait of her's tends to express itself in either nervousness or an uneasy silence on her part. However, there have been occasions where she has deliberately exposed herself to unnecessary danger just to prove her capabilities and usefulness, if not to the others than to herself.

Appearance: Alex is of average height for her age but her captivity and constant experimentation have caused her to become somewhat thin, though not quite anorexic or to the point of being disfiguring. Her hair is a bright green and medium-lengthed,reaching down just below her neck. Alex's eyes are a rather bright gold and silted in a typical reptilian manner. Because of her reptile DNA, patches of green scaly skin dot her body, though most of it is concentrated on her stomach and the area around chest and forearms. Her other notable reptilian features include a fairly large tail, claw-like nails, and spines emerging from the patches of scales along her arms. Alex's clothing tends to be somewhat old and worn in appearance because of how much her scales rub against them, gradually eroding them with time. Thus, she isn't very picky about what he wears, though because of how quickly they tend to break down, she's just as happy with a new shirt as with a partially destroyed one.

Quirks: Tends to be a bit disdainful of clothing at times and more or less shrugs off any comments anyone might make because of it (unless it's a pervy one...even though she will NEVER allow her shirts to deteriorate until her breasts are exposed, it's still a constant concern). She claims to hate the "taste-scent" of cities and "normal" humans in general, ESPECIALLY if they have any kind of modern technology on them.

Like some of the more ruthless members of the group, Alex enjoys getting payback for the years of torture, though to a somewhat more controlled extent in the sense that she will settle for simply destroying some of their technology or otherwise inconveniencing them rather than outright torture (though only reluctantly).

Powers:

Speedster: On the ground, Alex can be just as fast as the others thanks so some of the more impressive animals in the reptile family. Thanks to certain snakes Alex's striking speed is impeccable, allowing her to literally be nothing more than a blur with singular attacks...the problem is that she has to be extremly close to makes use of this, the target must be within arm's reach.

Natural Camofluage: She is also somewhat adept at stealth and can blend in with her surroundings like a chameleon if given enough time, HOWEVER this ability is almost completely useless in the face of opponents with an enhanced sense of smell, heat vision, or a dog to sniff her out for them. On the whole, it's impractical against their pursuers unless measures are taken to corrects its major flaws.

Innate Toxin: While she's somewhat lacking in the strength department compared to the others (she's as strong as a teenager who regularly performs a slight degree of exercise), her nails, teeth, and spines are all equipped with an extremely lethal and fast-acting poison. Capable of weakening if not outright killing essentially any humanoid opponent, it more than makes up for her otherwise weak hand-to-hand combat potential.

Reptile's Regeneration: Alex's final ability is a slightly enhanced regeneration rate and an extreme resistance to drugs and poison. While she can't heal his wounds anywhere near fast enough to have a noticeable impact in a fight, her regeneration rate does allow her to have a better chance at surviving large wounds and, according to the scientists, allows her to regrow lost limbs...though it takes a considerable amount of time (weeks to months).

Brief History: Most of the experiments that Alex was forced to endure revolved around the poison she was able to naturally produce and use. The scientists were always eager to painfully remove any of the spines growing out of her arms or pit her against either an rapid animal or a fellow experiment in a combat simulation. She was almost always kept bound or restrained in some way when she wasn't being forced to fight, thanks to her venom and tendency to lash out at anyone withing striking range.

Because of Alex's resistance to sedatives, she was usually punished far more than an average experiment for resisting. The normal method was electrical shocks from a suitably safe distance.

Constitution- 3

Strength- 2

Speed- 9

Intelligence- 6
--------------------

I'm pretty sure I messed up somewhere in there...I'll correct whatever you need changed. ^^

Later on I'll add his personality and more detail, it was getting late when I wrote this :(
Last edited by Caim on Tue May 12, 2009 3:04 pm, edited 8 times in total.

Postby Scrambles » Thu Apr 09, 2009 7:27 pm

Name: Tuomas

Species: 70% human 30% wolf

Personality: Tuomas is very timid at most times due to his young age and the harsh treatment that he has been exposed to during his short life. More often then not he is very submissive and always does what hes told by others, especially those who are older then him by a lot. When he is backed in to a corner however his lupine instincts kick in and he goes in to a feral rage. Due to all the painful procedures done on him, Tuomas has become nearly addicted to morphine (Or whatever its equivalent would be)

Appearance: Tuomas has long, thick black hair and yellow eyes with large pupils like that of a canine. His teeth are mostly all fangs, his nails are more like claws on both his hands and feet. Tuomas also has wolf like ears, tail and patches of fur on his legs and arms that are all black. He is very skinny but is very toned with muscle for a child his age due to his wolf DNA. All along his back there are several large scars left from of the worst experiments that were conducted on Tuomas.

Quirks: The sight of any array of experimental instruments causes him to freeze in fear like a deer in headlights. Sometimes goes through withdrawals from not having his fix.

Powers: Enhanced smell and sight, Tuomas can track down someone a mile away if he has their scent.

While on all fours Tuomas can run as fast as a normal wolf thanks to the genetic manipulation to his muscles.

Brief History: Tuomas has been more of a joke to the scientists because of his weak will and attitude. They purposefully made sure to break him and to addict him to pain meds in order to cause him from ever trying to escape, making him think that there was no way he could leave. He was subjected to the same sort of basic gene manipulation as others but in addition the scientists tried to increase the affects of the animal instincts he had, failing and causing him to become a weak willed pansy as they called him.
Last edited by Scrambles on Thu Apr 09, 2009 7:30 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Postby ER_ode » Thu Apr 09, 2009 7:30 pm

Hm...human/ animal hybrids? Interesting...

Location: On the computer...Wondering if he should return to his old roots...

Postby Glacier » Thu Apr 09, 2009 8:03 pm

Back to the drawing board. I was planning on using a wolf too.

Postby Caim » Thu Apr 09, 2009 8:20 pm

Er, there's no reason you can't? ^^;;;

Postby Glacier » Thu Apr 09, 2009 8:34 pm

I like diversity in an RP like this. I don't want to do something somebody else is already doing when I have an entire planet full of animals to choose from. That would be boring to me. Wolves are my favorite animal, but I have others I'd choose. I found one actually, so no worries.

Postby ER_ode » Thu Apr 09, 2009 9:06 pm

Caim wrote:Er, there's no reason you can't? ^^;;;

Yeah, but I'm stretched sort of thin right now, with all the projects, RPer's block, and RPs I'm in right now... Ah, hell with it. *runs off for some character creating madness*

Location: On the computer...Wondering if he should return to his old roots...

Postby Slipslash » Thu Apr 09, 2009 10:42 pm

I simply loved the earlier books

but the last one was kind of a downer (I mean come on KIDS saving the world? How cliche is that? Just looked like they reached into a bag and pulled out an ending)

But alas I always wanted a more philosophical character in the story, so I will be adding my CS

Hint: ALBATROSS
*WHAT I THOUGHT I'D DO WAS PRETEND I WAS ONE OF THOSE DEAF-MUTES*

Postby Mystery Girl » Fri Apr 10, 2009 7:15 am

which ones have you read... I have plenty of NPC's I can add if needed.

Postby Mystery Girl » Fri Apr 10, 2009 7:51 am

both accepted...

Postby Mystery Girl » Fri Apr 10, 2009 8:42 am

Important
I don't want many Wolves... because they are the enemy... the personality has to be very timid for them to be on the good side...

there are lots more options...
though any 2 animal mixes such as Dog and bird... they need to be able to talk with the others... be it speech or telepathy...

Postby sam4books » Fri Apr 10, 2009 9:24 am

I'm gonna have a half human/half monkey. I have the perfect sort of experiments them darn scientists might be conducting too >:D

<_< >_> Don't judge me >_<
Musicmac: "Sam4Books: Always ready to cheer things up with awesome art. Terms and Conditions apply."
In passing

Postby Glacier » Fri Apr 10, 2009 9:35 am

*judgmental eyes fall on sam*

Don't worry, I wont! :mrgreen:

Re: Maximum Ride: Time to Escape OOC sign ups OPEN

Postby Nyvyan » Fri Apr 10, 2009 5:21 pm

Name: Charlie Hallow
Species: Human and Brown Bear
Personality: Charlie is a kind, joyful, adventurous and boisterous young boy. Charlie like to play with everyone from the young kids to the old kids. He often treats everything as a game, pretending that he is a great hero. However, because of this Charlie likes to pretend that the experiments and bad treatments don’t exist. And when someone mentions it he becomes unnaturally silent, not responding to anyone. Still, Charlie likes to think he is old enough to try to help everyone he can. Oh yeah, he can get extremely hyper on sugar and even without it.
Appearance: Shamus is small, as all little boys are. He has a round, lovable face. He has longish brown hair, the fringe coming to just below his eyes. He has sparkling dark blue eyes that seem to glow like sapphires. His “build” is slender, being the slightly lower in weight for his height and age. His distinguishable animal marking are his nails which are long, sharp and pitch black. That is the only thing you can notice about him until he changes....

Quirks: Charlie is scared of spiders.... as in terrified.
Powers:
-Strength of the bear: Charlie is a lot stronger than a 7 year old boy should be. He is as strong as a full grown adult at his current age.
-Fishing prowess: Charlie can fish like a real bear! He can stand in the water and catch a fish with his bare hands (no pun intended).
-Rage: This is where the experiments show. When Charlie’s heart rate increased past a certain point due to fear or anger then the subdued DNA kicks in. The first warning is that Charlie will start to scream. Next his body will start to convulse. Then, then he changes. He becomes a huge twisted version of a brown bear. Standing on all fours, from claw to should he stands around 6 foot and when standing up straight he is 10 foot from head to toe. His fur is a dark brown colour, long and shaggy. Claws long and sharp like daggers. Yellow feral eyes, huge teeth. The difference between him and a normal bear is that this one looks far more feral and ferocious. The bear is a creature of pure rage and instinct, being pure animal. There is one way to revert Charlie back to his human form, to calm him down. A keyword. But no one but the scientists knows what this is...

Brief History: Charlie has spent his entire life at the school, being experimented on, and tested for his seemingly unsuccessful power... until they discovered the rage. Ever since this was discovered they have experimented with it, this strange, unusual result that they had never seen before. Charlie refuses to acknowledge these events... no one is even sure if he knows about the beast within.

Stats
Normal Charlie
Strength: 6
Constitution: 6
Speed: 3
Intelligence:3
(Total: 18, he’s only young bless him)

Crazy Charlie
Strength: 12
Constitution: 10
Speed: 8
Intelligence:0 (animal intelligence)
(Total: 30, he is a giant bear after all)

------------------------

Name: Ray O’Neil
Species: Human and bat
Personality: Ray is a rather eccentric, generally happy and very talkative Irishman. That’s right he is Irish and by his heavy accents it’s hard to ignore. Generally, he remains cheerful however, he can often become lost in his mind, becoming cold and hard. He can often be very sadistic, sneaky and a damn right little git at times. But hey, he’s Irish, you’re not meant to understand him.
Appearance: Ray is a tall, slender man, his body well toned and athletically built. His hair is black and short, spiked up at the front and he has a small amount of stubble on his face, giving him a rough appearance. His animal qualities are predominantly two big black leathery bat wings that stick out from his back. Also his ears are pointed and his upper canine teeth are long and sharp. He often wears whatever clothing he can, it’s not like you can be picky in these times.
Quirks: Ray’s main quirk is the fact that when he starts to talk it is rare that he will stop. He is also extremely fond of the female race....
Powers:
-Echolocation: As most bats, Ray can use a radar based method to see when his eyes fail him. He can send out the outgoing frequency by respiration, his wing beets or emitting a buzz, the frequency of which is higher than human hearing.
-Flight
-Blood drinking: Ray can sustain himself by blood if other food sources are unavailable. Unlike what people may assume from his genetics, he will not go into a frenzy for blood, it is basically a source of food and drink to him.
-Stalking: Ray is an expert is stealth and moving silently due to his hunting genes from his bat side.
-Computer wiz: In his spare time Ray has often sneaked into computer room, learning how to navigate the computer systems and hack the system. He is a computer geek at heart.

Brief History:
-Experiment list
- Hunting simulations
-Blood analysis, the affect of drinking blood
- Stealth simulations
- Combat simulations
-Extensive echolocation research.

Stats
Strength: 4
Constitution: 3
Speed: 8
Intelligence: 5
Last edited by Nyvyan on Mon May 11, 2009 3:36 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Fenix13- Now see, that is a prime example of how people in other RP's should be. Bravo Nyvyan, You are the shining symbol of what awesome should be.- Oh yeah, I'm awesome!

Postby Mystery Girl » Fri Apr 10, 2009 5:43 pm

both accepted

Postby TsunaXionus » Fri Apr 10, 2009 6:00 pm

Name: Alice Scorpio

Species: 90% human 10% Scorpion

Personality: She is a girl who seems emotionless and silent at first until she gets a smell of blood she suddenly goes into fits of insane laughter and doesnt stop talking until she falls asleep and it happens again in the morning. When she is in her ordinary self untouched by the smell of blood she seems to have her etiquette and self-discipline and if she must speak she says it loud enough to be heard but soft enough not to disturb anyone. She likes to have company always. In any case she is a very loving person and misses her family... It doesnt seem so but she always wants to be in company of friends and family.

Appearance: She is about 4'5" tall her beautiful blonde hair with her beautiful red eyes.
She's a little girl with her right hand changed into the tail of the scorpion.
now for her clothing...She wears a beautiful blue dress like a rich kid would but the right arm was ripped and the dress all covered in mud. Nice black shoes.
Quirks: She is terribly afraid of fire...completely... even the sun sometimes

Powers:
her strength in her left hand is not as weak as it would seem she can hit pretty hard and carry quite heavy things but she has her limits.

The Tail(yeah lets call it a tail) on her arm gives her various abilities

Ultra shock- she hits the ground or wall with her "tail arm"(aw im sick of calling it that lets call it a claw)... then it causes a shockwave which can cause people in the area to shake as if it was an earthquake or just break the wall.

Poison sting- every time alice punches with her claws a heavy venom(twice of that of a regular scorpion) befalls the target.
Symptoms are here just make the effects faster and doubled effectiveness

thats enough for now i guess other than she glows under UV-light...now

Brief History: they made her test her arm killing thousand such as potency the heaviness if she could become a killing machine. they made her run through fire pits but it almost burned her where that experiment was canceled. She dreams about her family sometime and she misses them.
Last edited by TsunaXionus on Sat Apr 11, 2009 6:42 am, edited 1 time in total.
"I am a devilishly talented butler"

Location: Temple of the Damned in the center of the underworld

Postby sam4books » Fri Apr 10, 2009 6:27 pm

Dammit, you guys are fast! I got mah appearance and personality done. I call the prankster!
Musicmac: "Sam4Books: Always ready to cheer things up with awesome art. Terms and Conditions apply."
In passing

Postby Icerider » Fri Apr 10, 2009 6:48 pm

I'll be writing up my CS tonight - got a Rifts game on in about an hour, so after I get home I will.
Just call me Ice

Next

Return to Role Playing