General Chat Thread

Primary discussion forum. Also, feel free this use as a hangout for fans of the funny non-story based comics.

Moderator: Mod Squad

Re: General Chat Thread

Postby Dave » Thu Mar 26, 2009 1:51 am

painted resin and vinyl are my weakness to.

Actually I have real problem with being a collector of toys. I love them so much!
WiNg0o wrote:To be honest I thought Dave just existed. In the beginning there was Dave.
Administrator

Postby Monster » Thu Mar 26, 2009 7:54 am

Why collect something you can't snuggle with?
Animal plushies are so much nicer to collect.
NOX - Tell me right now if you are or below the age of 12 and I'll be all over you like shingles.
Tony - Why?! Well all you talk about is how you would like to gargle my marbles and stick you big fat stinking cock inside my ass. Why wouldint i hate you all sick mother fuckers?

Postby Coos » Thu Mar 26, 2009 8:18 am

Jay wrote:<< Pouring money down the drain buying Disgaea mugs and hunks of painted resin

It's not an obsession; it's a hobby.

Postby zepherin » Thu Mar 26, 2009 2:25 pm

There is a fucking blizzard warning. It was 50 yesterday and like 70 for most of the week. God dammit Colorado.
Zeph do you ever tire of being perfect? ~Dave
Zeph is still awesome though. ~Rival
I love you so much right now Zeph. ~Yoshi
I love you Zeph. You and your simple yet humorous topic-breakers. ~Coos
Zeph has left me inspired. ~Mathias
Zeph is so awesome even soulless bits of binary worship him. ~Wizard
Curse YOU ZEPH! CURSE YOU! ~JesusChrist
WE ARE SORRY THAT WE ARE NOT AS PERFECT AS YOU, ZEPH! ~Stufflikehearts
Zepherin for forum queen and writer of the best seller "how to screw your brethen up for dummies". ~ The Mirak

Postby Dave » Thu Mar 26, 2009 2:51 pm

Fuck I really might stay in California then.
WiNg0o wrote:To be honest I thought Dave just existed. In the beginning there was Dave.
Administrator

Postby WiNg0o » Thu Mar 26, 2009 4:32 pm

Still don't know what your beef with the Mormons in Utah is though, it's easy as hell to scare off the missionaries that always come around.
I Killed the Boss

Postby CogitoIJ » Thu Mar 26, 2009 5:06 pm

Dave, just move over here to England, we think it's horrible weather when it's been raining all day and there's puddles all over the place.

Postby BobSagat » Thu Mar 26, 2009 5:52 pm

HaloGray wrote:Purchasing Audiosurf for $10 over steam is the best use of $10 I think I have ever spent.

I recommend Seizure of Power - Marilyn Manson (instrumental version). Not exactly the hardest song, but an incredibly good one to race to because while there are moments where there really isn't anything in your way and you'll be cruising along at a gentle speed, other times you'd suddenly get a shitload of bricks flying at you while accelerating like crazy.
ImageImageImageImageImage
2pro

Postby Mirak's Mod Ghost » Thu Mar 26, 2009 8:58 pm

I can't buy anything from Steam, they don't sell things to Mexicans. Which makes me mad, since i don't want to go through the hassle of downloading a hacked/cracked version of TF2. I wanted to play it just once, to see if it was as nice as they say it is.

As for buying stuff online, i'd like to buy a few customized figurines of my own original characters, maybe a few plushies and other cool stuff made by people that doesn't live in my own country.
The fucking crisis is hard here, so i work as a freelancer on my free time to earn dollars, which are now worth 15 units of my money. Shit, a few months ago the dollar was at 10.
Patt-Ytto Productions | Dickwaffles

Postby Dave » Thu Mar 26, 2009 11:15 pm

Mirak how is mexico doing other than it's money dropping? Like are the drug cartels as bad as people say?

And lastly

Mir@k wrote:they don't sell things to Mexicans.

I really read that as the race not people living in mexico. It was VERY funny until I realized the actual context.
Administrator

Postby Mirak's Mod Ghost » Fri Mar 27, 2009 12:42 am

I can only speak about my point of view in the country in general and as far as i can tell, we are pretty much fucked up. Violence and delinquence is mainly produced by corruption, the leaders of the drug cartels are mostly police officers from a high rank and the president himself is involved in such matters, everyone knows about it, that is why kidnapping, rape and murder are horrible tragedies that are happening more frequent everyday, and since the police are teamed up with the ones commiting such crimes, there will be never be justice.

For crying out loud, you can even tell where are gangs that are involved in all of those crimes, and they can walk up on you and kidnap you at the middle of daylight and no one would do anything to help you. This country sucks, honestly, it sucks horrible. I hate living here, i'd wish i could leave somewhere else.

Illegal inmigrants go to the US for money neccesity, we (and by "we" i mean most of us, who are legal or half legal, can't go anywhere because we care too much about our families and we're worried that something might happen to them while we are gone, is not like if i could go live to France (i'm half french, my second nationality is French as well on my birth certificate) knowing that my grandfathers, family and family friends are here, exposed everyday to the hell that is this country.

Money dropping is a matter much much worse than it simply sounds. Just take what i said above, each dollar used to cost 10 untis of our money, so something that costs ten dollars would be a hundred here, now imagine what happens when the dollar is raised by 5. The illegal inmigration just got worse, and that doesn't help us legal mexicans be accepted anywhere, now they label us as "job stealers", not caring wether we're legal or not, wether if we actually have a career or are studying, or if we're smart and are knowledgeabe and well, you know the drill. The world in North America and other countries influenced by them have a general view of mexicans, and well, that is kinda sad for me because i don't know if showing my face at some con to see you guys (call me a nerd, but ever since i joined this forum, the first forum i ever joined and the one i treasure the most, i have the desire to go see you guys at the cons you attend someday) will just harm me by being called names for being mexican.

But i digress, now i'm just ranting.

And yes, now that i see it from your point of view, is kind of funny.

Postby Nox » Fri Mar 27, 2009 2:00 am

Permission to baaaaaaaawwwwww sir?

I emphathize with anyone who lives in a third-world country given that I myself am one of those people. The whole rampant crime, corrupt officials, degrading economy radda-radda is something I can relate with wholeheartedly. (Though I think the term "third-world" is a bit obsolete given that all developing countries and most underdeveloped countries have a high access to technology and you can fairly enjoy a nice lifestyle, provided your finances allow it. If it is then whatever.)

Anyhoo...
I think I have aunt in mexico. Probably. Maybe. I dunno.

Postby Monster » Fri Mar 27, 2009 8:01 am

Stay away from Louisiana. It's my state, bitch D:<
NOX - Tell me right now if you are or below the age of 12 and I'll be all over you like shingles.
Tony - Why?! Well all you talk about is how you would like to gargle my marbles and stick you big fat stinking cock inside my ass. Why wouldint i hate you all sick mother fuckers?

Postby Mysterios » Fri Mar 27, 2009 8:49 am

I own pennsylvania
the darkness has awakened ...

Postby Mirak's Mod Ghost » Fri Mar 27, 2009 12:28 pm

Everytime i hear "Pennsylvania" i imagine vampires and werewolves.

Postby Dave » Fri Mar 27, 2009 10:15 pm

Me to. Pennsylvania is totally teh scary state.

And Mirak you worry too much. nobody would call you names for being mexican. and the job steeler thing I swear is more of a joke than anything else. Granted there are plenty of bitter people out there but that's how it is for anybody. In the city I live in latino's out number white people 2 to 1. so you would hardly be a novelty or even worthy of attention in a negative way. You'd be fine. And my opinion it sounds like you should try and move. I know it's hard but it sounds like it would be worth it in the long run. And as much as you say it would suck to leave your parents grandparents whatever behind. Think of the future and eventually you'd be puttying your KIDS there as well. I'm so forward thinking it's ridiculous and I can't imagine dooming the future generations out of concern for the older generations. Just my two cents.
Administrator

Postby Whatis6times9 » Sat Mar 28, 2009 7:58 am

Dave wrote:Me to. Pennsylvania is totally teh scary state.

Off the highways and most parts of Philadelphia.
ButtStuff: I love you, too.
Snafu Gold Card Member!

Postby Mysterios » Sat Mar 28, 2009 8:28 am

I used to live in teh ghetto.
the darkness has awakened ...

Postby Dave » Sat Mar 28, 2009 12:16 pm

I'm fully ok with the idea of living in a mobile home. I've been looking at it a fair amount lately.
Administrator

Postby Nox » Sat Mar 28, 2009 12:31 pm

A friend of mine is in a mobile home.

He lives in his car xD

Postby Dave » Sat Mar 28, 2009 1:29 pm

If I could have a small one room car with electricity and internet (i.e. my computer) I'd be cool with that for a few years. I'd travel American like a mother fucker.
Administrator

Postby DragonLordG » Sun Mar 29, 2009 9:52 pm

I don't know if i could live in a mobile home for life though. I think I could do it for mabye... a month? it'd be like camping, but i'd be getting really homesick after a while.
He stole my cookie. Can i kill him?
Image Image
ImageI Challenge You to a Battle!Image

Postby Vegedus » Mon Mar 30, 2009 6:21 am

I think I could live anywhere if I had internet.
Will make apocalypse themed fiction for food

Postby zepherin » Mon Mar 30, 2009 9:20 am

octodexy wrote:I've lived in a trailer, it's not so bad if you're used to small spaces. You just have to make sure you're not living in a wicked ghetto one. That's all.

Agreed. Double wides are bigger than most peoples apartments, and manufactured houses are quite nice if they are new. Usually the double wides I see are between 1400-1700 square feet. While single wides are in the 800-1000 square feet. Of course the ghetto ones can be down in the 500 square foot area or are run down but you can get a good deal if you have land and a foundation.
Zeph do you ever tire of being perfect? ~Dave
Zeph is still awesome though. ~Rival
I love you so much right now Zeph. ~Yoshi
I love you Zeph. You and your simple yet humorous topic-breakers. ~Coos
Zeph has left me inspired. ~Mathias
Zeph is so awesome even soulless bits of binary worship him. ~Wizard
Curse YOU ZEPH! CURSE YOU! ~JesusChrist
WE ARE SORRY THAT WE ARE NOT AS PERFECT AS YOU, ZEPH! ~Stufflikehearts
Zepherin for forum queen and writer of the best seller "how to screw your brethen up for dummies". ~ The Mirak

Postby Coos » Mon Mar 30, 2009 1:53 pm

Vegedus wrote:I think I could live anywhere if I had internet.

I second this thought.

PreviousNext

Return to Snafu General Discussion