Site Updates

Discuss new comics, posts, and news directly from the Snafu-Comics main page!

Moderator: Mod Squad

Postby Dave » Thu Mar 26, 2009 4:43 am

I've been gone for a bit it seems from the site but I've actually been working on Snafu harder than I have in a long time. Literally everyday all day programing and fucking around with things.

So I've got the link section up and working again finally. I added a mega-shit-ton of comics as well. There are some really good quality comics in there and it's worth checking out.

I updated the convention list.

Got a new advertising network signed on with Snafu which I'm really excited about (thanks so much for taking the survey again.)

Also I fixed the site a bit how it used to pop into the center once everything got loaded. So that makes me a LOT happier.

I then went through all the archives and updated them so there weren't any nameless blank comics everything is fixed on all the archive pages.

I started MyPanda although I haven't got the comic buttons updated yet.

I broke the side background images fixing the site's popping issue so I have to go and fix that up on every page.

I'm still trying to get RSS 100% so it doesn't break browsers trying to open it up.

Slowly slowly getting Snafu error free and up to 100% like it should be.

Oh and my computer needs the motherboard replaced because the ram on the videocard which for some reason is surgically attached the the mother board went bad. Thank god it's under Warranty still. So busy busy busy lately. I'm going to keep working on the site though. I want it as perfect as possible. Also a new Naruto comic will go up as soon as I get done editing it tomorrow.

And for the people that pre-ordered the Watchman shirts from Shark Robot they should all be shipping Friday and Saturday. We're just waiting on the blank shirts at this point and we'll get it taken care of.

Phew that was a long boring post. But just a heads up of what I've been doing. I should keep you more updated than I have been. I apologize.
WiNg0o wrote:To be honest I thought Dave just existed. In the beginning there was Dave.
Administrator

Re: Site Updates

Postby JinJoe » Thu Mar 26, 2009 9:31 am

What are you going to do when all of the comic sloths are full?
:) Just curious.

Postby abel_nightroad » Thu Mar 26, 2009 9:46 am

Well Dave I'm a big snafu fan in fact I've taken days of school off just to read. But that's besides the point. First of all i know someone who maybe able to help fix a lot of your programing errors he taught me everything i know about programing websites.

Secondly if they run of out sloths they can just make a second row and start putting them down there or make a scrolling set of sloths to pick from, not expanding the web page but still giving us the easy way of just clicking buttons.

Postby Dave » Thu Mar 26, 2009 7:46 pm

Well even though it looks like we're running out of slots. We're not. We have at least five-six more comics that are coming to snafu already. WE have the two more empty spots... and Soul Frontier, Forgotten Tower, King of Fighters, Zim, don't really need spots anymore at this point. We'll just filter them all out until we have a full line up of updating great comics.
WiNg0o wrote:To be honest I thought Dave just existed. In the beginning there was Dave.
Administrator

Postby Blood Lord » Thu Mar 26, 2009 8:12 pm

I like the updated site Dave.

Postby Mattydread » Fri Mar 27, 2009 4:51 pm

Great news with all of the updates, plus the forum looks a lot shinier than I remember it.

One question though Dave -

For a while tcs.snafu-comics.com was live, and then it went away. I suppose since it's not announced with these updates that it's gone forever? Wayne had said he was done, but then that hilarious comic popped up with the crazy lady at the car dealership and I started hoping he was back in the game again.

Postby Dave » Sat Mar 28, 2009 11:32 am

lol give me a few more days matty.
Administrator

Return to Comic Updates and News!