FLCL Fanfic

Fan-fiction, short stories, screenplays, poems -- anything text-based really belongs here.

Moderator: Mod Squad

Whad'ya think?

Stop writing. Right now.
20%
I like FLCL, you butchured it.
No votes
More please.
20%
If you don't continue, I'll lock you in my basement and make you continue.
20%
FOOLY COOLY (AKA- Other)
40%

Total votes : 10

FLCL Fanfic

Postby Forgotten memories » Sat May 07, 2005 3:00 pm

I got a bit bored today, so I wrote this, I call it.
Lost Love, Not Forgotten.

I don't own FLCL, I simply love the series, happen to have an overactive imagination, and maybe a dangerously high vocabulary.

Naota slowly walked down the steps to the kitchen of his near empty home. Three years, three long years since that fateful day, not a single "Thank you" or a "Congratulations". He reached the bottom of the stairs, the alien silence now so familiar to his uncaring ears. His grandfather had a fatal heart attack barely a week after what Naota now referred to as "That day". A Hustler a day apparently was not good on the old mans heart. He stepped into the kitchen, it also served as the bakery, which he'd been running for nearly two years. Kamun moved away a few months after his fathers death, he went to America, to stay with his star baseball player son. The only company he still had was Canti, if you could really call him company. Naota pulled down some spicy curry mix, not realizing he was out of mild curry, not caring.

"Canti, take the bread out of the oven when the timer goes off."

It was what he did in the morning, eat, put what he would sell today in the oven, then get ready for a six and a half hour nap. Also known as school. Since that day, his grades had steadily slipped, stopping finally at a C- average. He heard the timer go off as he pulled one of his hoodies over his head, then the scraping of metal seconds afterwards, as Canti pulled out the bread. He ignored the pain his hoodie caused as it slipped over his chest, brushing against several fresh cuts, several old ones, and against many, many old scabs and scars. He looked at himself in the mirror, combing his hair back to the way it used to be. His features had changed over the past few years. Everything about him was thinner, his face had the look of someone who was malnourished, and his eyes were no longer the deep sea blue they used to be, they were now speckled with grey.

Naota waved goodbye to the robot in the kitchen, walking away slowly, walking to the school he didn't care about, more of a facade, to keep people from asking about him, or trying to find him. Even in public, he was hidden, sealed away in his own mind, memories of a pink haired girl haunting his every move, his every thought, his every dream. Three years couldn't erase the memory of her, no matter what he tried. His so-called friends had become increasingly distant, one now avoided him entirely. He once tried to date Eri Ninamori, she became fed up with him, how he didn't even seem to notice her presence half the time.
Naota looked up into the sky when he reached the school, great, dark clouds forming over head.

"At least," He thought "the weather agrees with me" With a final, resigned sigh, he walked into the ominous brick building, wishing he could just spend his days at home, thinking of that which would never be his.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Naota opened the door of his home slowly, nodding to the robot behind the counter. Canti removed the apron around his waist, and left it on the counter, leaving to do whatever it is robots do. Naota tied it around his waist, dealing with customer, after customer, until what was left of todays stock was completely depleted. Naota slowly flipped the sign on their front door to closed, and saw something yellow flash from the side of his eye. He threw open the door, looking at the street corner he had seen it at wildly, then hanging his head and shaking it. There had been nobody there, his imagination playing tricks on him, he rationalized. He turned around and walked back inside, the glimmer of hope that had been in his eyes fading so much more quickly than it had appeared. He removed the apron and threw it on the counter, Canti would get it and wash it later.

Naota slowly climbed the stairs, turning to the bathroom once he reached the top. He stripped off his clothes slowly, caked blood ripping open the fresher scabs, making him bleed again, slowly. He didn't even think as he washed himself, holding a new razor up to the light. He bent it, then pulled the blade across his chest, a trail of red following it. He didn't wince, or show that he felt it, he just finished washing himself. He wrapped a towel around his lower half, and walked to his bedroom.

He didn't look at the top bunk as he walked in, and around his room. He got on a clean pair of underwear after closing the curtains, then put on a pajama top and a pair of pajama pants, a criss-cross pattern of crimson appearing on his shirt slowly. He settled into his bed, already knowing what would be the center of his dreams tonight.
Where there's a will, I want in it.
Always up for a game of chess or checkers, if my YIM is working.
Hasegawa Rayven wrote:Crown Forgotten "The King of All Naruto D Burners"

Re: FLCL Fanfic

Postby gamingchick » Sat May 07, 2005 3:43 pm

THAT SHOW WAS THE BEST!it's randomness was the greatest
XBOX 360 nuff said...

Postby Mr. Froggy » Sat May 07, 2005 4:14 pm

You should be stoned for thinking you can do something like this.
"An honest man is one who knows that he can't consume more than he has produced"
Ayn Rand -Atlas Shrugged-

Postby Forgotten memories » Sat May 07, 2005 5:32 pm

Well... *Sniffs a few grains of white powder* I might just be.

Postby Lord and Master » Sat May 07, 2005 5:34 pm

thats mean
Shockro wrote:Theme song
Lord and Master, he's such a bastard but when a girl's in trouble he'll be there on the double.
Lord and Master, he's the one! Who will be shunned in the great land of fun.
Repeat**
Lord and Master, he's such a bastard but when a girl's in trouble he will be there on the double

Postby Forgotten memories » Sat May 07, 2005 5:50 pm

Thank you, he's entitled to his opinion, but I like not to be insulted in any way other than the poll.

Postby Lord and Master » Sat May 07, 2005 5:52 pm

your welcome
Lord and Master, he's such a bastard but when a girl's in trouble he'll be there on the double.
Repeat**
Lord and Master, he's such a bastard but when a girl's in trouble he will be there on the double

Postby Forgotten memories » Sat May 07, 2005 6:05 pm

I dun mean to sound demanding, but critique people, tell me why you do, or do not like it.

Postby Lord and Master » Sat May 07, 2005 6:14 pm

I think its Ok
Repeat**

Postby Forgotten memories » Sat May 07, 2005 10:08 pm

If you all expect this kind of regularity, you can kiss my ass. And you are entitled to ignore everything over the line, this is going to fanfic.net in a few days.

Let us move to another character, one of which is not so depressing. Haruko, as we all know her, has actually been doing well. Now remember all, I own nothing more than the computer I'm typing at, not even FLCL... But if someone wants to get the DVDs for me...

A pale, pink haired girl, with some very unusual eyes had been spotted around the sleepy town of Mabase. Each time, it had been of only for a second or so, quickly followed by a rush of air. How she returned? Why? Perhaps a trip to the past would make for a suitable explanation, yes?

An asteroid field, on the outskirts of the Andromeda system, two figures, two moving, living figures existed. One a beautiful, glowing red, the other, a pale, seemingly young woman, sitting atop a yellow Vespa, holding a Gibson. The red figure was flickering, dulling, but still beautiful. Not unlike a great fire, finally burning itself into extinction. The other one, a beautiful young woman, exhausted, yes, but still in her prime, able to continue on.

"You may think that you have won, that you will receive my powers by caste, you are wrong. The last I willingly gave my power to is entitled to that which is almost gone. When he fades, so will that which you seek, and he too fades quickly."

There was now a look of complete and utter fury on the visage of our pink haired harlot. She moved in to strike again, but hit the rock on which Atomsk had been resting. Above her head, a red sphere shrank out of existence. She screamed, once, venting her nigh infinite rage on the rock beneath her feet with her gibson guitar. She straddled her Vespa, aiming back to the desolate system which now held Atomsk's heir. A feint, almost non-existent smile crossed her lips.

"I'm coming Ta-Kun, so keep that little head of yours intact."

We can now return to modern day Earth, and see where she is now.

Haruko could be found, leaning against her Vespa, staring up at the Heir's window. For some odd reason, Canti was behind her, holding a bowl of spicy curry, an air of excitement was around the robot. How a robot could be excited is beyond me, and probably will be for a time to come. She plucked a few strings on her guitar, watching Naota close the curtains, and then his silhouette, putting his clothes on. She wondered, remotely, what the red markings on his chest had been. She knew it wasn't the sign of Atomsk's power, it wasn't on his forehead.

She waited about a half an hour after the lights went out, then walked right in through the front door, using the key she had gotten so long ago, when she had been their maid, although how much cleaning and cooking she had done hardly qualified her as a maid.

The first thing she did when she got in there was go to the bathroom. She may not have been human, but her bodily makeup was basically the same. While sitting on her porcelain throne, a glint of metal in the waste basket caught her eye. She held it up to the faint light, her curiosity getting the better of her, and realized it was a bent up razor, some blood caked on it. Her hand gently returned to the basket, and returned full of razors bent and stained the same way. A look of worry crossed her face, and her voice escaped her in a whisper.

"Is this what he meant, if Ta-Kun there goes, it goes, did he, tonight, did he..?"

She never finished her sentence, just her business in that room. She slowly, almost hesitantly, walked to his room, noting her guitar in the corner, and his chest rising, slowly, then receding. She breathed a small sigh of relief, and climbed on to the top bunk, suppressing a giggle at what he would say when he found her in his room again, pausing only slightly when she heard him say "Haruko" in his sleep.

"This will be far too easy." She said to herself, smiling as she fell into he warmth of the bed, and then into sleep.

Postby Jay » Sat May 07, 2005 11:09 pm

Forgotten, dude, it's not that bad.

As for FLCL, boxtorrents.com + bittorrent + searching FLCL + The Core Media Player = FLCL goodness = Quite a few hours, BUT, bittorrent is god for it has resume ^_^
みんなのモデレーターToastCrustだよ★
Twitter | Transistor Glamor | Tumblr | MAL

Postby Forgotten memories » Tue May 10, 2005 6:33 pm

A third chapter. This has amazingly lasted longer than... Wow, this has lasted longer than most things I do.

Naota POV

I know I woke up around midnight, the alarm clock said so. I never had it on, I barely slept. My eyes instinctively strayed towards the guitar that was in the corner. I liked to use it on nights like this.

I walked out to the small balcony outside my window, strumming the Rickenbacker lightly. I sat down on it, my legs dangling off the side. I still hadn't gotten around to repairing it after my little accident a few months back. I should've known that the fall wasn't long enough, back then, I was on medication prescribed by a quack doctor.

I started playing a slow, almost depressing tune. I worked on this every night I was awake, everytime I hadn't used sleeping pills before going to bed.

I let my fingers do the work as my mind wondered, going back to the dreams I had. It was always the same, some of my fonder memories of Haruko, and then watching her fly off, the last part playing, over, and over, and over.

My fingers found the keys my mind struggled to find, giving the notes an almost fickle bitterness, with the merest temptation of happiness.

I never sang. I never wanted to, I hated to. The sound of it echoing was always a reminder to how alone I was. I'd said... Possibly four thousand words in the past year, if that much.

When I heard her voice behind me, I thought I was just dreaming again, maybe the depression was finally getting to me, making me hallucinate.

I heard him wake up at five after midnight, the creaking of his bed under him as he sat up waking me as well. He grabbed the guitar I had left so long ago and went out the window, a faint note reaching my ears as he walked out.

I heard him start playing as I got off the bed, silent like a kitty. Which kinda reminds me, where'd the little blue fuzz ball go, anyway?

That melody was so sad, I don't think I had ever heard it before.

"Is that original?"

I'll admit it, I love music, and he was good at what he was playing.

He didn't turn around to face me, he just kept playing. I draped my arms over his chest, my lower arms rubbing over something hard inside of his shirt. I rubbed it with my fingernail, and it slowly became moist, I saw some red on my fingernail in the moonlight.

"Did wittle Ta-Kun think he could make me come back this way? You know, you're not playing this right."

I slowly reached down for the guitar, plucking it from his trembling hands. I reeled back, preparing for the same hit I had done so many times, and stopped for a moment. I hesitated, as those big blue eyes looked into mine, dappled with grey. I saw a lot of things in those eyes, pain, fear, love, longing, wonderment, and loneliness. I shook my head and swung, a hesitant smile spreading across my face as the deep, rich, bass note rung out.

I closed my eyes and allowed the smile to spread, until, at least, I heard crushing metal and breaking glass. I think I should have taken a little more care in my aim. I sighed and went to bed, I could see Canti was already going to fetch Ta-Kun.

Postby Penguin » Tue May 10, 2005 6:42 pm

I love you, FM.

I love you with every fiber of my being.

Postby Forgotten memories » Tue May 10, 2005 6:57 pm

...Age a few more years, and get magicaly turned into a girl, and you might get a little love in return...

Thanks for the good review.
Remember folks, ficcers need reviews to write. If you don't review, we won't be able to write.

Postby Penguin » Tue May 10, 2005 7:02 pm

Well then, good job.

Very good storyli- ah, what th hell, I love all FLCL fanfics even if they suck, so I give it a 2 thumbs up!

Return to Literature