Keeper's Artistries (Update: Beast Sketches Pg.7)

Artists! Show your work, tips, tricks, requests, and challenges. This forum includes visual art, music, 3D, animation, abstract art, graphic design, sculpture, EVERYTHING.

Moderator: Mod Squad

Re: Keeper's Artistries (Update: Laceration Pic)

Postby Keeper » Tue Dec 30, 2008 5:45 pm

@Dexter Boy Genius: Thank you, and it's good to be back. Well it isn't. I'm surprised it does because I haven't seen that part of Bleach yet. I've heard of it but that's as far as I got to it. It's actually the man's own mask, the "Mask of Cain and Abel".

@TastyTastyBabies: Thank you, but I don't like contrast in my violent pictures... I like them dark and gruesome. =c

@Coos: I suppose, but TastyTastyBabies proved it possible. :D

Postby ChocolateHurricanex » Tue Dec 30, 2008 5:51 pm

Ah, okay then. Also, just call me Dex

Re: Keeper's Artistries (Update: Joseph Crick and Serpentine)

Postby Keeper » Wed Dec 31, 2008 11:40 pm

Another old though current artwork in ink. This one I did in November. It's of my villianous characters Joseph Crick and Serpentine, future tragic enemy of Lucifer Stephenson. I'm sure it's easy to tell who is who. As always critism is appreciated. Enjoy! I should hopefully have a new artwork made by the end of the week or earlier, if planning goes right.

Postby Nox » Thu Jan 01, 2009 1:29 am

Great job. But I must say that I'm more fond of the grayscales.

Postby TastyTastyBabies » Thu Jan 01, 2009 12:42 pm

Keeper wrote:Another old though current artwork in ink. This one I did in November. It's of my villianous characters Joseph Crick and Serpentine, future tragic enemy of Lucifer Stephenson. I'm sure it's easy to tell who is who. As always critism is appreciated. Enjoy! I should hopefully have a new artwork made by the end of the week or earlier, if planning goes right.

We'll the teeth of the dragon type thing don't follow logical perspective, His groin once again looks like it is inhabited by some sort of leviathan, It is still kinda confusing and I'm still not sure what is going on exactly, and his shoulders don't seem to be placed correctly in relation to the head(i can't make out exactly how).
I dunno, maybe I'll like this piece more once you explain it, the picture itself seems cool, but It's really confusing so I'm not connecting....

It probably should be said my critcism will get progressively tougher as time goes on....

Postby ChocolateHurricanex » Fri Jan 02, 2009 1:52 pm

His crotch does indeed seems inhabited by something, but I prefer to not think about it too much. His face is creepy as hell, which only makes him look coller, but what the hell is that thing trying to eat him in the background? Seems like a horse with a hippos mouth and needles as teeth. Cool, yet confusing. Also, on the bottom left. Is that an eye or is it the guy's shoe?

Anyhow, it's creepy, it's weird and it's freaking awesome.

Postby Keeper » Mon Jan 05, 2009 10:18 pm

@TastyTastyBabies: The overall composition is of my character (Joseph Crick) standing within the entangling cluster of Serpentine's furry/feathery body and with the beast's very head roaring out from behind him. It's one of those pictures where it displays the ferocity of the villain(s). Also, I thought the teeth looked okay. Perhaps the distorted style of them ruined the perspective? Purposebly, I had them looked crooked and out of work, so it add to that menacing feel. The position of the arms should be in the right order. Ugh. Damn my poor sense of symmetry. It's probably the scarf. My wardrobes tend to through off some people's eyes that aren't used to my style's... physics. It's the best excuse I can come up with. Truly sorry XD

Oh, that's all right. I appreciate that you're trying to keep my skills in check. It shows how much you care for my stuff. Which few people tend to do as they already think I'm some "god of art". I don't even know how to approach that sort of comment. Haha.

@Dex: Well, to answer both yours and TastyTastyBabies's question, that's been the way I've drawn the groins on pants for guys. It never was meant to look so... bulged for sexual reason; moreover for easier indication between it and the legs. Honestly, I never had complaints (not saying these are but...) until now. I've looked into it before and have been planning to fix the way they look. After all, it definitely gives the idea that I'm compensating for something. XD

Well, that 'thing trying to eat him in the background' is not trying to eat him, but declaring to towards the unfortunate fellow off-screen. (Likely Lucifer. :3) I enjoy confusing my viewers, only so I can explain later on and have them go "Oh, yeah... Should've seen that." j/k The bottom left doesn't have an eye, but worse, a decrepit cross. You wish it be an eye now. :P

------------------------

I should hopefully have my new drawing up by tonight or tomorrow. But considering my lack of free time, it may be tomorrow. Just heads up though: it's of Myx. I think some of you may like it quite a bit, especially those who prefer my grayscale work. :)

Re: Keeper's Artistries (Update: Inferno, Barbs, & Resplendence)

Postby Keeper » Tue Jan 06, 2009 4:54 pm

Finally, with some additional free-time, I got it up. Honestly, I thought the scanner screw me over again (like it always does), but it really came through for me this time. :D

So here's Myx and a peculiar radiance/aura/twisted shit behind her. My only complaints are the flames on the end of her ears looking to feathery, and two suspectful issues with the highlights on her left leg appearing not blended enough and the top part of her left ear being shorter than the right. Her dimensions aren't that too far turned. Eh... I like it, though, and proud that I did another grayscale. Anywho, enjoy!

Postby Coos » Tue Jan 06, 2009 5:34 pm

Wicked.
Although at first, I thought she was laying on something XD

Postby TastyTastyBabies » Tue Jan 06, 2009 8:29 pm

Keeper wrote:Oh, that's all right. I appreciate that you're trying to keep my skills in check. It shows how much you care for my stuff. Which few people tend to do as they already think I'm some "god of art". I don't even know how to approach that sort of comment. Haha.

:sosad:
I'm so happy, Your never expect peeps on the internet to understand things :love:

on your new piece:

First of all tis awesome... REALLY like it... I mean honestly its so cute ... In a sick twisted creepy sort of way...

Drawing:
I've noticed this on several of your pieces where you have the spike feet, and by no means do i dislike the spike feet but whats wrong is your ruin the shape of the leg to bring it to a point. This is less of an issue with her left leg where she has the rip in her leg to help define the shape, but her right leg just looks fake.

also note the way you details the underneath of her ears... I'm not sure exactly what to call it, but you do this on a number of your characters... It isn't carry across the same style as the rest of your piece. You use real thin lines while the rest of the creatures body uses thicker things(This is really tricky to explain :anger: ). An over simplified way of saying it is you convey that there is a creature there with the rest of the piece, but where you use those thin fiber like lines it loses the volume and the effect your creating. One solution is to make eack of those fibers to really thin lines close together another would be to make them not as parallel and give it a sense of flow (like hair) instead of spikey.

Particularly I would like to comment that your style really shined with the organic feel on her left ear and the rips all over her body.

Technique:

These no longer are things that I see as wrong but rather are things that I think would improve the piece so it's kinda Grey area...

her neck with the bulgy veins and defined shape is distracting from her face, also a shorter neck would be cuter and sort of bring the attractively creepy thing together...

I think if the tilt was less drastic the piece would come together better, I found myself turning my neck sideways never a good thing you know...

If the way the spiky things were growing off her right ear was opposite it would give a better sense of unity... I felt the way its bulk was facking to be slightly disruptive...

I think your losing a sense of the gaseous nature of the fire (especially when your put it next to the growing spiky things) since you don't have the gas flowing up...

The bracelet thing seems to have less detail and shading than the bunny and seemed mildly disruptive.

FYI the portal thing was just freaking perfect...

love and Tasty out...

Postby Keeper » Tue Jan 06, 2009 9:38 pm

I'm one of those sane internet junkies - rare to come by~! <3

Goddamnit, I knew it! I fuckin' knew it! D< *beats self* I should've added an indication of a muscle line on the thight at least then it look real. Funny thing though: I thought the same, but thought the right leg to be the left leg. XD

I get what you're saying about the lines too. It's been a habbit ever since my style evolved to this macabre genre, and I've always been fixated on presenting the character more than the background itself. In fact, I never did backgrounds as much as I did the subjects in them. If you were to ask any of my art classmates, they already tell you I have this "stigma" towards backgrounds. :c I'll think through this though - it's pretty intriguing that you bring this up.

Hmm. I thought I made the neck shorter than this time, guess I'll shorten it further till there's no neck at all. Then you'll be satisfied. :B

The spiky things (her ear hairs, btw) comment is off to me. Can you explain further? Please...

I thought of adding the gas exhausting from the fire, but a part of me though it throw off the focal point; also, I lacked the room necessary for additions. 8x12 paper, you see. :/

Eh, that bracelet is a bitch. I thought of drawing her without it. It just seems to ruin her character design. Idk, perhaps you think different?

Portal, eh? Yeah. It's definitely that. >.>

Love right back at ya'. <3

Postby TastyTastyBabies » Tue Jan 06, 2009 10:39 pm

Keeper wrote:I'm one of those sane internet junkies - rare to come by~! <3

Goddamnit, I knew it! I fuckin' knew it! D< *beats self* I should've added an indication of a muscle line on the thight at least then it look real. Funny thing though: I thought the same, but thought the right leg to be the left leg. XD

I get what you're saying about the lines too. It's been a habbit ever since my style evolved to this macabre genre, and I've always been fixated on presenting the character more than the background itself. In fact, I never did backgrounds as much as I did the subjects in them. If you were to ask any of my art classmates, they already tell you I have this "stigma" towards backgrounds. :c I'll think through this though - it's pretty intriguing that you bring this up.

Hmm. I thought I made the neck shorter than this time, guess I'll shorten it further till there's no neck at all. Then you'll be satisfied. :B

The spiky things (her ear hairs, btw) comment is off to me. Can you explain further? Please...

I thought of adding the gas exhausting from the fire, but a part of me though it throw off the focal point; also, I lacked the room necessary for additions. 8x12 paper, you see. :/

Eh, that bracelet is a bitch. I thought of drawing her without it. It just seems to ruin her character design. Idk, perhaps you think different?

Portal, eh? Yeah. It's definitely that. >.>

Love right back at ya'. <3

You did shorten the neck, but you also made the head larger, the neck shrinks as the head enlarges! In other words the more childish/chibi you make the character look the shorter you want the neck(This has to do with our automatic assessments of peoples proportions we automatically assume that the person is gonna have child like proportions when you enlarge the head qed children have shorter necks), that neck would be about the correct length if you gave your character a realistically proportioned head!

for the ear hairs. what is going on is they lack symmetry. Have their spikes going towards the right of the paper. Correct me if Im wrong but I think you were trying to show that the hair was going towards the portal. Well with the your have on her right ear it seemed to me that it was going in towards her body as opposed to towards the portal, and the solution to this problem seemed to me to either put her left ear spikes going towards the center of the portal as well or have the right ear spikes blow away from the portal... The whole scene this makes more sense now that you say that those are hair. And on another nit pick now that I know that that is hair it feels too stiff to be hair...

Well if you didn't want the flames to be distracting bring them back towards the center of the portal, but generally its a no no to have flames burning horizontally it messes with peoples minds.

No, you definitely need the bracelet... it makes asymmetry, asymmetry is good in symmetrical characters... (that doesn't make much sense) suffice it to say that is will look really good once you get it down. You should be able to see the thickness of the band from the angle you use thats what I think really threw it off.

The lighting/energy effect is too awesome :)

Re: Keeper's Artistries (Update: Doodles and "Many of One")

Postby Keeper » Sun Mar 29, 2009 3:26 pm

Ehm... hello. I don't suppose my absentence hasn't caused too much of a fluster. Ironically, I said I wouldn't disappear again without a good reason, but I disappeared with a good reason: I had exams to tend to and school in general. Yet, I have some more free time on my hands these days, just not enough to hang around Snafu. A pity, no? Gaah. Anywho, I've got some stuff for y'all.

To start, here are some notebook (Yes... notebook... warning: bad quality...) doodles I did around the time that blizzard hit the US eastern hemisphere.

Alenda Stephenson - the oldest of Lucifer's two sisters.

A demon Beserker - common, demonic foes Lucifer fights and typically defeats.

And Lucifer's Crimson Blood-line form. This could've been the best of them, if it weren't for my ignorance in not noticing the backwards thumb. Honestly, what the fuck's went wrong there?

Lastly, a recent masterpiece (Idk what others may say though. >.>) I finished some weeks ago. This took me a good two months before finalizing it, but I really like how it came out. The cluster is there on purpose, for those that may be confused by the nightmarish mess. Honestly, I didn't expect to incorporate so much mass into one individual. I'm very glad I did though, it's different from what I typically draw. I tell ya though -- fuck! -- my hand cramped like crazy afterwards. >~<'

Postby Coos » Sun Mar 29, 2009 3:45 pm

The third drawing I absolutely adore.

Postby Chuckledarkly » Sun Mar 29, 2009 11:28 pm

Its very explosive! ^^ (I like things that go boom.)
Check Out My Art

-----> viewtopic.php?t=23012Cheak <-----

Alice laughed: "There's no use trying," she said; "one can't believe impossible things." "I daresay you haven't had much practice," said the Queen.
Proud Member of BEOS

Postby Shoi » Sun Mar 29, 2009 11:52 pm

Is that charcoal you're working with? Loving the monster guy, the mouthed demons coming from him look like Venus fly traps which is really cool. :3
Last edited by Shoi on Tue Mar 31, 2009 1:28 pm, edited 1 time in total.
My Art thread
SableTheFabled:
Do you know where i live? Fucking Barbados.
Whatis6times9:
It was about as easy as... Goddammit, it is to easy. And to me a whore is just a slut with a good sense of enterprise.

Postby Gundam » Tue Mar 31, 2009 11:04 am

that fourth one is creepy and awsome!!!
One weird Snafu

Postby Keeper » Wed Apr 01, 2009 9:19 pm

@Coos: I can agree, though, that backwards thumb still pisses me off. XP

@Brokenline: I enjoy it when entrails or bodily fluids are involved. Nice to see someone who shares similar likings.

@Shoi: Oh I wish it was! XD Then I could say I'm good at other medias than just pencil and pen. Actually, though, that's pen.

I'm glad you like them so much! And a good concept to boot! :D Typically people can't tell what they are, or will simply compare them to something entirely different. It's kinda annoying much of the time, but my type of subject matter can be hard to understand... even to myself. :x

@Gundam: These are two words I enjoy seeing in the same sentence. Thank you, Gundam. Btw, I'm likin' the avatar.

Re: Keeper's Artistries (Update: Hell's Mockery)

Postby Keeper » Wed Apr 01, 2009 9:31 pm

Not truly a new piece, but something I've held back from you all in order to prevent this thread from a six feet grounded rest.

So, before what the picture is, I like to tell a little about Lucifer's powers. Lucifer Stephenson, a 12 year-old boy of British nationality (typically 14 years-old in some pictures), possesses the power to manifest any fresh, bloody wounds into jagged armors of blood, which are usually referred to as the "Blood-line." And throughout these manifestations, Lucifer is capable of different forms. These forms come in four stages: 1) Blood-line, 2) Blood-line Mimickry, 3) Crimson Blood-line, and 4) Crimson Puriel. Each has their own strengths and weaknesses, of course, and require certain ways in order to activate them. Typically, Lucifer only uses 1 and 2, sometimes 4, but avoids 3, do to it's unstable affects. All right, that concludes the little lesson on Lucifer's powers.

The picture itself illustrates stage 2 in some high detail. Srsly, that's all it was meant to be, but I did try to fix some art principles into it. I may even use this for my portfolio, but I shouldn't overdo it with the fictional works. Anywho, enjoy!

Postby Chuckledarkly » Wed Apr 01, 2009 11:05 pm

I must do battle with his beard! ................ hehe hes got little feeters. ^^
Check Out My Art

Alice laughed: "There's no use trying," she said; "one can't believe impossible things." "I daresay you haven't had much practice," said the Queen.
Proud Member of BEOS

Postby Shoi » Thu Apr 02, 2009 10:54 am

Keeper wrote:
@Shoi: Oh I wish it was! XD Then I could say I'm good at other medias than just pencil and pen. Actually, though, that's pen.

I'm glad you like them so much! And a good concept to boot! :D Typically people can't tell what they are, or will simply compare them to something entirely different. It's kinda annoying much of the time, but my type of subject matter can be hard to understand... even to myself. :x

You've got some serious skills with pencil and pen then >:3
I also love how your new one of Lucifer looks, I love how it wraps into his face like that.
My Art thread
SableTheFabled:
Do you know where i live? Fucking Barbados.
Whatis6times9:
It was about as easy as... Goddammit, it is to easy. And to me a whore is just a slut with a good sense of enterprise.

Postby Keeper » Thu Apr 02, 2009 2:51 pm

@Brokenline: That beard's his skin being stretched into a nightmarish shroud of flesh and blood, and those little feeters are bloody blade-legs with talon appendages to hold him upright, though, still with the capability of laceration. Still, though... Lolololololololololol!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :B

@Shoi: Thanks. \m/

Well, it' suppose to appear like a shroud covering his body. Not only that, he's pretty much naked underneath all that flesh, and I just can't support shotacon through my stuff. On a more serious note, I just did it out of the enjoyment of drawing in the flame-like waves and hatching in the bold and light lines, as they add a good sense of movement to a less active stance. :)

Postby Chuckledarkly » Fri Apr 03, 2009 2:23 am

Check Out My Art

Proud Member of BEOS

Re: Keeper's Artistries (Update: Double Update Pg.2)

Postby Keeper » Mon Apr 20, 2009 8:09 pm

Hey, check it: I've incorporated page numbers into my title. :B

Oh God... My art's been a little rusty lately. Maybe it had to do with that long, degrading car ride to Georgia? Hm... I'm pooped. Utterly. Considerably. Pooped.

... :{

REGARDLESS! I drew a couple of pieces over break, amidst my father's secondhand smoke-induced apartment. (Not his fault, but the bloody bastard that lived there before him. D< ) They aren't the finest of my works, so mind some of the issues in certain parts in the characters' anatomy and probable lacking in good shading. Eh... I leave it up to your judgment... I'm too tired, my legs hurt like hell from sitting constantly (they even hurt now XnX), and I just got back to doing school work again. OH JOY! :D

Luckily, I've made some descriptions that should help clarify you all on just why they were drawn.

Bloody Beauty - a picture introducing an unseen character of mine. Her name's Mary Dowell and the present Bloody Mary. She killed her parents then herself through mysterious means, and through her actions, damned herself to kill those who beckon to her. Mary is a close childhood friend of Lucifer's, and even his first lover. She is the motive to Lucifer's first murder. At the age of 6.

Possessionary Domiance - a piece illustrating more mutalism between Lucifer and the Parasitic. Perhaps they both have a foe before them that they both can agree on that is better off not alive. It's pleasent how two opposing sides can come to amends when there's that one individual they just freakin' hate.

Re: Keeper's Artistries (Update: Double Update Pg.2)

Postby Coos » Mon Apr 20, 2009 8:35 pm

I totally love your characters.
I wish I had such an anatomy talent as you x3

PreviousNext

Return to Art