Keeper's Artistries (Update: Beast Sketches Pg.7)

Artists! Show your work, tips, tricks, requests, and challenges. This forum includes visual art, music, 3D, animation, abstract art, graphic design, sculpture, EVERYTHING.

Moderator: Mod Squad

Keeper's Artistries (Update: Beast Sketches Pg.7)

Postby Keeper » Sun Dec 28, 2008 2:03 pm

Hello to any onlookers and artists alike! I've taken the liberty of letting my old art thread finally rest in peace, and started this new one. Honestly, I don't expect anyone to remember me from this side of the forums, or to possibly care. After all the internet is not here to be kind. It is here for friends to spend time with friends, and for n00bs to be horifically burned in flame wars. That's how I see. :grin:

But if anyone happens to remembe mer, kudos to you for taking the time to remember. Now, though, enough with this pointless gabbering, and onto what matters: art! I haven't changed much with the style, still dark and evilish, depending on your tastes in macabre. I've lately focused on pencil and ink, experimenting with poses, and characters in general. So to start things off, enjoy some of my old, yet current artwork. :)

Lucifer Stephenson "Bestial Brandisher"

"Sit and Decide"

Abaddon "Nobleman of the Hollowed Monocle"

One last thing, critism is appreicated if given, so don't feel shy to give it. Also, updates may lag once I start updating with newer work. This stuff takes me time. ^_^;
Last edited by Keeper on Sat Feb 09, 2013 11:32 pm, edited 29 times in total.

Re: Keeper's Artistries

Postby Coos » Sun Dec 28, 2008 2:38 pm

Keeper, Keeper, Keeper.
You have to stop leaving us, Keeper X3

Welcome back :D, some of us missed you and your awesome-tacular arts.

Postby Keeper » Sun Dec 28, 2008 2:58 pm

I'm a pretty crappy ninja then. After all no ones dead yet.

That "we" must be you, huh? XD

Postby Mirak's Mod Ghost » Sun Dec 28, 2008 3:05 pm

Yeah, coos and his other 23 personalities.
I don't really get what's going on in your drawings, but i like the cross hatch way of painting the insides.

Welcome back, to the art forum.
Patt-Ytto Productions | Dickwaffles

Postby Keeper » Sun Dec 28, 2008 3:12 pm

So true...

Anyway, thank you, Mir@k, and I started that crosshatching because of how nice it looked from comic artists. I have to say, the lines really help my style. Before, it just seemed so bland and empty.

Postby TastyTastyBabies » Sun Dec 28, 2008 4:30 pm

1st pic.... Your head is a teensy bit too small and placing the left hand infront of the body makes the posing feel a little awkward... But this is likely a matter of preference so Meh +

2nd pic... You went a tad too far with the wrinkles but other than that I really like it :)

3rd pic... His stance is a little stiff, but other than that it looks really unnatural and kinda makes me shudder.

I like your art :)

Postby Coos » Sun Dec 28, 2008 4:31 pm

Marik misses Keeper too =O

I'm not the only one XD

Postby Keeper » Sun Dec 28, 2008 5:28 pm

TastyTastyBabies wrote:1st pic.... Your head is a teensy bit too small and placing the left hand infront of the body makes the posing feel a little awkward... But this is likely a matter of preference so Meh +

2nd pic... You went a tad too far with the wrinkles but other than that I really like it :)

3rd pic... His stance is a little stiff, but other than that it looks really unnatural and kinda makes me shudder.

I like your art :)

1st: The size of the head is all right, but I believe it was the hair that flawed it. I'll keep that hand comment in mind, it does appear awkward. Need to work on my dimensions.

2nd: My clothing wrinkles are customly made. It's part of my style where they go. I see your point though, it's rather abstract how they were placed.

3rd: Truthfully, Abaddon's legs are what makes it so stiff. He's meant to be standing up straight, but I think the sideways position I gave his left foot threw that off. Fine catch though. :3

This is what I want. This is why I love art. I want more of this. Thank you, and please do give more in the future. :D

And yes, Coos, appararently he did. No matter how much he wants to hide it.

Alright, I'm getting tired of staring at these three pieces. Here's three more. Also, these are from last summer, so they may look lesser in quality. But that's your opinion.

"Bloodline Puriel"

"I am Cain. You are Abel."

"Laying Down the 'C'Law"

Postby Coos » Sun Dec 28, 2008 5:29 pm

God, the amount of detail you put in to this stuff is insane.

Postby Keeper » Sun Dec 28, 2008 5:38 pm

My detail can sometimes cause a lot of insanity. In fact, I've had similar comments from my art class, telling me that it must take hours to add in so much and even some say that it must be hard to tell what I just finished after having so much detail added in. It's feels both nice and hilarious what kind of comments I get about my art. Much better than the repetitive "YOU DRAW TOO MANY DUDES!" from single-minded twats. Gaah! D<

Postby TastyTastyBabies » Sun Dec 28, 2008 6:05 pm

"bloodline puriel"
Chin seems to be too far offset from the head, and how is his head behind his hand? It just doesn't feel natural... and it should be noted that the Eye in his hand is F****** sweet.....

Cain
Shoulders are too thin... thats all

Laying down the claw
This piece really fits with your style I thinks its really good... but man does he have a huge crotch... well if you wanna draw him dat way... :P jK

Postby Keeper » Mon Dec 29, 2008 8:30 pm

@TastyTsayBabies: 1st: I agree, it does appear off. I believe when I drew in his face, it was thrown off proportion to his head. It's terribly how I don't notice these things 'til after I've finished. XD Oh, the hand is in front of his head. The bold outline and inner smaller lines must be fooling around with your eyes. Beware the illusion! It will make you think the untrue! D:

2nd: Seems my Art III lessons are coming back to haunt me. Need to improve on my adult male anatomy. Though a part of me seems to disagree, I weclome the opposite opinion. Keeps my juices going.

3rd: I'm compensating... TnT Honestly, thank you very much. I'm glad I satisfied your tastes. The whole scenario is with my character enacting a gruesome end to a dying demon, with his powers exposing their malicious nature. To say the least. Heh heh.

Here's more artwork! How about some girls this time? :3

Myx "Return of the Rabbit" - a revamp piece of my demoness character. Quite the flatter, really.

Character Request "Bang" - t'was a year-old request that I neglected for someone off DA and finally got to months ago. The size of the head pissed me off, but her hair and lips make me feel good about myself.

Angelean Williams "Mellow Flounce" - well, supposeably, but what does make sense is that this is quite recent. A matter of a week ago actually. My only complaint: it looks like she has no chin, do to the bold outline and unnecessary hatching. :/

Re: Keeper's Artistries (Update: Girl pictures)

Postby 0oAngelicLieso0 » Mon Dec 29, 2008 8:35 pm

I think you already KNOW this by now....

D< Why are you so damn good at art!? *maul* Whyyyyyyyyyyy!!!??
~*~Still....you...do not....answer.....~*~ --My character Eli from my IZ fanfic that I never show to the public (X3;; If you wanna see I'll show you)

Postby Keeper » Mon Dec 29, 2008 8:36 pm

I think it's because of a social stigma.

Postby 0oAngelicLieso0 » Mon Dec 29, 2008 8:39 pm

>.> I still say it's because you're secretly the god of art. But that's just me. X3
~*~Still....you...do not....answer.....~*~ --My character Eli from my IZ fanfic that I never show to the public (X3;; If you wanna see I'll show you)

Postby mac » Mon Dec 29, 2008 11:55 pm

Thats some scary stuff man, i like. :D
http://datin.deviantart.com/
Wepons of Choice: pencil, Pad, pen, MS paint, Photo impact & Photoshop.

Postby Keeper » Tue Dec 30, 2008 12:26 am

It's a style you either like or hate, and typically people pick the first one. Hehe.

Postby mac » Tue Dec 30, 2008 12:37 am

As they should. lol
http://datin.deviantart.com/
Wepons of Choice: pencil, Pad, pen, MS paint, Photo impact & Photoshop.

Postby Black » Tue Dec 30, 2008 5:53 am

I really like how detailed your art is. It looks amazing.
I don't have any constructive critique, I'm afraid. Everything looks great.
Click to visit my art thread.

Postby TastyTastyBabies » Tue Dec 30, 2008 12:28 pm

"Return of the rabbit"
Intially I strongly disliked this piece but then the more I looked at it I went D'awwwwwwwww.... The hands need a little work (I salute you, you don't cheat on your hands and hide them :P ), and the neck needs to be shorter... I think the length of the neck throws off the sense of unity in the piece.

"BANG"
Her arms/shoulders really long.... In the future be careful how you draw hair, even mess hair has a sense of flow... I really felt that it was interrupted inst

"Mellow Flounce"

My favorite piece that I've seen so far.... Its nifty, it fits with your style. I was going to say it felt stiff again, but I think that that type of posing went well with the piece.[nitpick] her hair goes too far down her neck, and you seem to be forcing wrinkles where non would exsist
[/nitpick] I really like this piece... It gives of a nice zombie-girl vibe.

Postby Keeper » Tue Dec 30, 2008 4:17 pm

@Black: You'll be further impressed then as detail is a priority in my style. No problem, that's what I have TastyTastyBabies for, and others willing to give it.

@TastyTastyBabies: 1st: Hahaha, sorry! XD But I knew you couldn't resist to "d'aw", no one can towards her. Yuck, I hated the way I did the hands. I wanted them to look different from human hands, after all she's pretty far from human, but the hatching is what needs work on them. Necessarily, I don't have issues with hands, but I'm a speed artist and that can create flaws. I've been told my style tends to elongate body parts that usually're shorter (don't even dare to make a remark towards that. >c), so don't worry you're the not the first to say that. Heh...

2nd: That's one of my folded-paper pieces. I shorten the size of the paper so I can draw on a smaller scale. It's either turns out good, or not so good. I suppose we know how "Bang" turned out? :/ Yeah, I wouldn't worry too much about the sense of flow in the hair. My art teacher was pretty strict with that little flaw in my style, and had me fix it. I still like draw outwards curls, but tend to keep them in the correct direction. Thank you, though.

3rd: Splendid! I'm glad it pleased you - it's a current piece, after all. Well that potential stiffness maybe from the way her arms are pointing out. They probably needed more curving. I'll keep note of that for future drawings. (Towards nitpicks: Agreed, I shouldn't have overdid it with the length, I was trying to make the end curl, but failed to do so. Aw, come on. XD The misplaced wrinkles are a big part of my style. I try to keep it strayed from anime and achieve some kind of realism, but I don't want it too realistic. Naw, I'll keep the wrinkles in. So sorry! X3) So, overall, I did well? Excellent! :D

Re: Keeper's Artistries (Update: Laceration Pic)

Postby Keeper » Tue Dec 30, 2008 4:19 pm

Here's a more bloody piece for you all.

"Liberation through Laceration"

I don't know if anyone can place critism over this as the anatomy of demons are greatly separate from humans in my style, and I be amazed if someone tried critiquing the gruesome states these mutilated demons are in. Anyone is welcomed to but I'll need to explain in thorough detail. >~>

Enjoy the violence!

Postby ChocolateHurricanex » Tue Dec 30, 2008 4:21 pm

Ok now thats just freaking awesome. Welcome back as well. And finally, is it just me, or did I saw the mask from Bleach in one of the drawins?

Postby TastyTastyBabies » Tue Dec 30, 2008 4:30 pm

FREAKING AWESOME....
but...
NEEEDSSSS MOARRRRR CONTRAST

Postby Coos » Tue Dec 30, 2008 5:17 pm

It's hard to critique awesome, Keeper.

Next

Return to Art