Shark Robot Charity Drive!

Discuss new comics, posts, and news directly from the Snafu-Comics main page!

Moderator: Mod Squad

Postby Dave » Mon Dec 01, 2008 3:15 am

Shaun Healey aka Endling author of Ever After and all around rad guy has contracted a rare disease. The quick and dirty is he needs our support. The sooner we can help Endling out the sooner he can return to a completely normal life. In my opinion charity is by FAR the greatest thing about the Holidays and it's a rare oportunity to see a Charity directly help out a close personal friend like this. I'd personally GREATLY appreciate any help you can give to Endling. So to make this a lot easier to help out We've set up two really easy ways to offer support.

Every single item sold at Shark Robot will go towards a donation to Endling to be given to him on the 26th the Day after Christmas. Or if you'd like to help him out SUPER directly you can buy Endling's shirt and print :)

Number Two: You can make a direct donation to Endling through PayPal. Endling's PayPal is endrealm@yahoo.com

Snafu fans are the greatest people on earth and I know we won't let Endling down in his time of need. Let's end this year in the true spirt of the holiday season by helping a friend. God bless all of you. You are the BEST!
WiNg0o wrote:To be honest I thought Dave just existed. In the beginning there was Dave.
Administrator

Re: Shark Robot Charity Drive!

Postby Rephaestus » Mon Dec 01, 2008 7:20 am

For all the information on what the hell happened check out end's DA page at
http://endling.deviantart.com/journal/
This visage, no mere veneer of vanity, is a vestige of the vox populi, now vacant, vanished.

Postby Ignite » Mon Dec 01, 2008 7:48 am

Sorry for some babble here. "What should I do I want to help him but I can't 'Cause I'm just a 16 years old guy and I don't know how to donate .But I want to do Please If someone know a way that I can donate tell me I'll do it "

Ps. well like I said I don't know how to do this without my parent's watch and one more thing I'm in Asia.

Postby kitsunemaru » Mon Dec 01, 2008 11:40 am

Well, at least he's on the mend, sort off. Oh man, I feel like crap 'cause I didn't know about this. I always feel so bad when good people have a run of horrible luck. Why can't bad people get the rare diseases? Like serial killers and rapists?

Anywho, as soon as my credit card clears from the mega over-spending I did for Christmas, I'm so buying as much from SharkRobot as I can. I mean that. :grin:
Where the story turns strange.....
NOMZ

Postby Rephaestus » Mon Dec 01, 2008 3:51 pm

Ignite wrote:Sorry for some babble here. "What should I do I want to help him but I can't 'Cause I'm just a 16 years old guy and I don't know how to donate .But I want to do Please If someone know a way that I can donate tell me I'll do it "

Ps. well like I said I don't know how to do this without my parent's watch and one more thing I'm in Asia.

unfortunately the only ways to donate would be for you to buy something online or send a donation directly through paypal wich requires a credit card or an approved bank account.

Unless you can manage to convince someone to buy something off the website for you and pay him/her back I don't see how you could send your donation.

Im pretty sure he'll appreciate a well written note on his DA page to wish him well tough :)
This visage, no mere veneer of vanity, is a vestige of the vox populi, now vacant, vanished.

Postby RebornSpy » Mon Dec 01, 2008 5:11 pm

What is the difference between buying a normal item and buying an Endling item? Is more money donated to him if I purchase his shirt or print? I love his work and really want to help.

Postby Dave » Tue Dec 02, 2008 1:29 am

Well Shark Robot is a giant store with lots of different artists selling their merchandise on there. Shark Robot makes a tiny bit off of each purchase. That's what's going to Endling this Month. And the commissions the artists normally make off each purchase still goes to that artist. It's not like a Snafu donation can make VG Cat's/Yugioh Abridged/Staccatto/Wapsi/etc donate all their money to Endling for instance.

An Endling item he get's his normal commission AND he get's the money Shark Robot is donating to him which would normally be Shark Robot's share. So it's like way better to buy something that Endling did but it ALL helps.

And as a heads up anything from Snafu goes more to Endling than the other store items would. And the Yugioh Abridged is donating an extra dollar from everything they sell to Endling so that's the next best stuff to get if you want to help out. I'm not sure if the others will want to or not totally up to them. Honestly I haven't asked.

So as of now best way to get money to Endling

Endling Item>Snafu Item>Yugioh Item>All other Shark Robot items.

Honestly though it all helps plenty. Hopefully that explains the difference :)
WiNg0o wrote:To be honest I thought Dave just existed. In the beginning there was Dave.
Administrator

Postby RebornSpy » Tue Dec 02, 2008 5:05 pm

That makes sense. Thanks. I think I'll get my roommates some of these shirts for Christmas.

Postby Mo Yeongsu » Thu Dec 04, 2008 6:31 pm

I'll buy something from Shark Robot on the 15th in that case and maybe throw up a donation.

Postby RKC » Sun Dec 07, 2008 9:52 pm

I'll try to buy something this Christmas
http://jedikieth.mybrute.com/-Fight me, be my Pupil!!.
http://saberzrkc.deviantart.com/-Art coming soon. I think?
http://myanimelist.net/mangalist/RKC- My Manga list.

Return to Comic Updates and News!