Mega Man Movie!

Discuss new comics, posts, and news directly from the Snafu-Comics main page!

Moderator: Mod Squad

Postby Dave » Fri Nov 21, 2008 2:16 pm

K so there is a fan made no budget film coming out soon for Mega Man. The official trailer is here.

and check out the site and other media on the official site here.

I'm a HUGE Mega Man fan and I can't wait. Hopefully this leads to a high budget movie in the future.
WiNg0o wrote:To be honest I thought Dave just existed. In the beginning there was Dave.
Administrator

Re: Mega Man Movie!

Postby Sycros D4 » Fri Nov 21, 2008 2:46 pm

As much of a Megaman freak I am, this movie looks uber ghey.

Postby cornteen » Fri Nov 21, 2008 3:39 pm

real-action megaman? not going to hapen!
by the way theres a cartoonish megaman movie on comcast on damand in the anime network section it kinda sucks but it is fun to watch!
\-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------/
will not be posting oftern, only when i see anomilysor thinggs others have missed!!!

These pics are NOT approved by bleedman,but i wish for him to look at them,thats why its my sig,and hopefuly say i can use them .
Would be on deviant but again not approved.
I drew these myself along with about 7 others but these are my best so i hope you all like them!
http://i386.photobucket.com/albums/oo306/cornteen/grimjrredo.jpg
and
http://i386.photobucket.com/albums/oo306/cornteen/grimjrredo2.jpg

Postby Dave » Fri Nov 21, 2008 8:10 pm

Geezus guys. It's a fan made film. I.E. normal people did it for free and they're releasing it for free. When's the last time you made a movie?

It looks great. Especially for what it is. They didn't drop millions on this. It's a bunch of people getting together and making it. It's amazing.
WiNg0o wrote:To be honest I thought Dave just existed. In the beginning there was Dave.
Administrator

Postby Q.U. » Fri Nov 21, 2008 8:21 pm

Well, to tell the truth by common standards it is crap. But considering it as a no-budget film makes it very good. I've seen a few computer animated scenes in there, which makes it very nice as for a fan movie. Still, the evil character will have my complaints. He just looks way too much like the bad guy. I mean, he is to be evil, but this guy is going back to the very pre-villain stereotype of an "mad/evil scientist". He doesn't need to look all ugly and repulsive to be the bad guy, I think they overdid that one.

When's the last time you made a movie?

Two years ago. And I do realise how hard that is. So I will say I'm impressed. But I also do believe that they are not entirely new to this field. They couldn't have done it that well without at least some experience.
This post is intended for information only. Please do not reply to this message as responses cannot be read or acknowledged due to the stupidity of the user.

Postby Jojo_Bean » Fri Nov 21, 2008 8:28 pm

I totally agree. For just some people gettin together that does look good. the guy whose doing dr. willey (not entirely sure if thats the correct way to spell it but oh well) looks like he fits the part good. Plus I liked the lighting a lot. It was nice and bright :)

Postby ninnypants » Fri Nov 21, 2008 8:43 pm

But I also do believe that they are not entirely new to this field. They couldn't have done it that well without at least some experience.

I knew a kid in high school that did that same lightning effect with just an adobe program and no experience at all so they could in fact be completely amateur.
Administrator

Postby Sable » Fri Nov 21, 2008 9:11 pm

I applaud them. To do all of this with no money for no money is excellent. The graphics look nice, and Dr. Light looks fucking awesome and i love the character they chose for him. The characters they chose for Rock, Roll and Dr. Wily are very...odd. I honestly thought Rock had more hair when he was created. Like this:

And Roll's Character looks correct, but her acting needs some change, she just seems too.....chippy. I could live with the Dr. Wily character though, he just looks sweaty in all the shots. Other then that the movie looks awesome and i doubt i could do as good a job as they did.

Does anyone else thinks the music sounds familiar though?
RacialslurX2

Postby RKC » Fri Nov 21, 2008 9:56 pm

Hmmmmm...... Its actually pretty good

The roll Character disturbs me I think they should improve it.

But overall nice movie
http://jedikieth.mybrute.com/-Fight me, be my Pupil!!.
http://saberzrkc.deviantart.com/-Art coming soon. I think?
http://myanimelist.net/mangalist/RKC- My Manga list.

Postby portero62 » Fri Nov 21, 2008 10:34 pm

It's a great fanmade movie, but do you guys know the name of the music on that trailer?
i can only see on the credits: "music by siddharta barnhoorn" but i can't find the name of the music on the trailer.

Postby kitsunemaru » Sat Nov 22, 2008 9:21 am

Ok. For a no budget film, that was actually pretty amazing! But I do agree about Roll. She is a bit too chipper. But other than that, awsomeness!

I mean, look at all the other rip-off crap that came out that was actually budgeted! God, if I see one more 300 spoof, I'm gonna scream. I'm surprised no one thought of this sooner. Maybe Capcom will buy it. And then not make it suck like Street Fighter...
Sesshou

Postby BreakDown27 » Sun Nov 23, 2008 3:41 am

When I heard it was a fan movie made on a rather Wal-Mart budget, I had a lot of respect for this production. I'd personally be interested in seeing this one.

Postby JulianvonRose » Sun Nov 23, 2008 11:06 am

I like it, except 2 things. I'm a total Megaman nut so I noticed them pretty much right off. One, Roll... holy crap can you say overacting much? Also Roll was Created AFTER Megaman but that's a small technicality but it would make sense with Rock and Roll. Also second thing The actor that plays Wily needs to be Bald... with a bad comb-over so it can frizz out later. Oh and Third thing, now that i think about it... Protoman was Light's first creation, then came Rock and shortly after was Roll, and then all the robot masters with Wily's help but i suppose they changed that for drama's sake.

Postby Sable » Sun Nov 23, 2008 11:33 am

This is fan made so i guess they can make it however the fuck they want.
RacialslurX2

Postby AkuTenshiiZero » Mon Nov 24, 2008 5:25 pm

(WARNING! Snafu noob inbound!)

First of all, I'd like to tell a little story. One day, two guys fresh out of film school decided to make a movie. They gathered up a few friends, a little bit of cash gathered from sponsers in ther home town, and went out to an old cabin. With nothing but a cheap camera and shoddy props, they made their movie. The effects were horrible, and the quality was crap.

Those guys were Sam Raimi and Bruce Campbell. That movie, Evil Dead, became a cult phenomenon.

I think this movie has serious potential. What Lebron and his team are doing is, in fact, better than what Hollywood could do. Why? Because if some big-name director made a Megaman movie, they would rewrite the entire story to revolve around Rock being angsty and to be more realistic. As a long-time Megaman fanboy, I don't want realism. I want a movie just as cheesy as the games I grew up with.

But, I'm not without me complaints...Rock's armor is a little too on the cheap side. In fact, all the suit actors need some work. Compared to the CG Robot Masters, they look out of place. Also, Rock needs hair. Anything but that buzz cut.

In any case, I look forward to it. I'll give it a 4/5 for now. And for the record, Wily looks freakin' awesome.

Return to Comic Updates and News!