Naruto Shippudden

Discuss new comics, posts, and news directly from the Snafu-Comics main page!

Moderator: Mod Squad

Postby Dave » Sat Nov 01, 2008 2:15 pm

Holy crap I just saw the latest episode of Naruto and I don' see why this show is so dead set on making me cry like a baby. I was gushing for entire time. They absolutely nailed it. I don't want to give much away if you're not caught up but bar none this is the most dead on thing I've ever seen about the emotions felt after death. The frustration, the denial, the anger, the helplessness, dealing with other people, avoidance, it was dead on perfect. Even the color saturation in the episode was dead on. Nothing seems bright and happy anymore it was just amazing.

Which sucks. My eyes are still all warm tingly from the tears.

I'd say the only thing that wasn't dead on is after it was all said and done Shikamaru got that chance to make things right... well not right but better. A chance to fix things a bit. A glimmer of hope or a silver lining to the cloud. I feel like real life is much more hopeless in that sense. It makes for a fantastic show/episode but it was the one part where I didn't feel 100% connected to. And thank goodness I doubt anyone could stand watching a show that was years of feeling depressed and frustrated.
WiNg0o wrote:To be honest I thought Dave just existed. In the beginning there was Dave.
Administrator

Re: Naruto Shippudden

Postby djneked » Sat Nov 01, 2008 2:21 pm

I agree Dave. It was an amazing episode. The animation was flawless too. There were some animation similarities between Chojii jumping out of a hole and the fight between Naruto and Suske. I cracked when they did the 2 year long filler episodes and started reading the manga. Not sure if you've read it, but holy crap man! Holy crap. I'm really excited about this series more so than before. It'll be crazy.
Ya, I said it... what?

Postby EagleMan » Sat Nov 01, 2008 2:44 pm

djneked wrote:I agree Dave. It was an amazing episode. The animation was flawless too. There were some animation similarities between Chojii jumping out of a hole and the fight between Naruto and Suske. I cracked when they did the 2 year long filler episodes and started reading the manga. Not sure if you've read it, but holy crap man! Holy crap. I'm really excited about this series more so than before. It'll be crazy.

Yeah do not make the mistake of saying anything anywhere besides the manga thread.

Postby Sench » Sat Nov 01, 2008 3:53 pm

Oh please, are you kidding me? It's a show about f-ing ninja with superpowers (not particularly, but it can qualify as magic I think), and what do they give us? Lousy tacked-on drama and horribly drawn-out everything. You're expecting an action-packed fight and they give you a short crappy one; surely it still takes good 10 minutes of the episode but 9:30 of those are just showing everyone looking intense from different angles. Can you feel the suspense?
It probably wouldn't be so darn pathetic if I didn't read the manga. I did, and realized that it takes me between a minute and two to read a chapter, but over twenty to watch an episode. Seems logical and perfectly fine really, at least it was in the original series, when fights were fights and each episode had enough substance to keep you interested. It changed dramatically with the start of Shippuuden series, when they killed all the action and made each episode contain just as much plot as a single chapter. As I already said, it was fine when battles actually had action in them, but in Shippuuden, they managed to make the slideshow (which is manga) fights seem more intense than actually animated ones. Plus, once again, 1-2 minutes against slightly over 20 with same content.

Anyway. If you're saying Naruto is cool, yeah, I agree. If you're saying Shippuuden is cool, I'm gonna have to ask you to kindly kill yourself.

Postby angelof_darkness » Sat Nov 01, 2008 7:27 pm

OMG I SO TOTALLY LOVE THAT SHOW(omg now i sound like a stupid white girl) lol o.O

Postby Mathias » Sat Nov 01, 2008 7:37 pm

I love it when people join a message board because they have this overwhelming need to make a post in a certain topic. I've done it once or twice.

Postby Sable » Sat Nov 01, 2008 11:25 pm

angelof_darkness wrote:OMG I SO TOTALLY LOVE THAT SHOW(omg now i sound like a stupid white girl) lol o.O

What do you mean "stupid white Girl".
RacialslurX2

Postby BG07 » Sun Nov 02, 2008 10:54 am

Dude, this whole episode completely blew my mind. It was as if it were a completely different show than it ever was before. Shikamaru has always been my favorite character in the series, so I was really looking forwards to this arc from after reading the manga. The scene with his dad was just amazing, and I hope they keep up the awesome for even more episodes to come.

Postby bisurge » Sun Nov 02, 2008 12:41 pm

There are much better animes out there. Ones that make you cry every episode. Too bad they're so short. It's because there's no FREAKING FILLERS EVERY OTHER EPISODE AND FOR THE LAST 3 SEASONS OF THE WHOLE FREAKING SERIES! And Naruto pretty much is invincible. Let's go fight someone! Oh look I got stronger! Let's go fight someone BIGGER! Oh look I got stronger!

The anime Naruto is pretty much a GRIND RPG. Simple as that.

Postby BlazingBarrager » Sun Nov 02, 2008 1:14 pm

bisurge wrote:There are much better animes out there. Ones that make you cry every episode. Too bad they're so short. It's because there's no FREAKING FILLERS EVERY OTHER EPISODE AND FOR THE LAST 3 SEASONS OF THE WHOLE FREAKING SERIES! And Naruto pretty much is invincible. Let's go fight someone! Oh look I got stronger! Let's go fight someone BIGGER! Oh look I got stronger!

Crictics...

But yeah Naruto Shippuden kicks ass! I've downloaded the two episodes (technically three but two of them is a one-hour special) of Naruto showing off his tailed forms and going up against Orochimaru. I never get tired of watching that.

And I loved the filler with Sora and stuff. Now that is something that a filler should be done as.

Anyway, I'm really itching to see it in English after they get done with all these damn fillers. Geez I'm so far into the manga right now its not even funny.

Location: That little place in your head you don't know about.

Postby EagleMan » Sun Nov 02, 2008 2:23 pm

bisurge wrote:There are much better animes out there. Ones that make you cry every episode. Too bad they're so short. It's because there's no FREAKING FILLERS EVERY OTHER EPISODE AND FOR THE LAST 3 SEASONS OF THE WHOLE FREAKING SERIES! And Naruto pretty much is invincible. Let's go fight someone! Oh look I got stronger! Let's go fight someone BIGGER! Oh look I got stronger!

Because clearly it has no redeeming qualities for it to be this popular.

Postby BG07 » Sun Nov 02, 2008 2:28 pm

EagleMan wrote:

Because clearly it has no redeeming qualities for it to be this popular.

Clearly
And I don't recall anyone saying that there weren't better anime shows out there. Plus the whole fight someone to get stronger thing could be said about A LOT of shows.

Postby BloodyThorn » Sun Nov 02, 2008 11:02 pm

Man, I feel really left out here. I'm still stuck in the fillers and I think that most of them are really pointless.
Though some are actually watchable for the sake of watching action/comedy, the fillers really slaughtering the storyline. :?
Most people here are just barely hanging on to the anime because the length of the fillers are really long. For me I'm kinda upset with some of the american voice acting.
I know its a long hard to find voice actors and that its a tricky process to get the mouths and voices of the animation to seem right.
But I have to disagree with the way some of the characters sound.
Just my opinion and I know I'm going to sound like another whiney Narutard, but come on.
Kisame sounds like an old man!
When the fillers arrived I decided to revert to the first version of the anime.
I kinda perfer the Japanese version because the voices had more feeling to it.
But anyway. Can you tell me what episode you guys are on.
And if you can help me out on how far I'm getting close to the end of the fillers that would be nice :mrgreen:
Right now the filler was (The Top 5 Ninja Battles)
Break the walls of cacooned lies and free-fall into the world of the unknown. But first understand, You are not alone.

Postby EagleMan » Sun Nov 02, 2008 11:28 pm

I kinda just skipped the fillers to watching it in the japanese subs.

Postby Zomgruler » Mon Nov 03, 2008 1:36 pm

Yeah, that was really tragedy. I think Asuma's death had more emphasise in the Anime than it did in the Manga, it usually does, but in a different perspective. The one thing I'll never forget is when Shikamaru was holding that cigarette and he had a flashback of how he hated Cigarette's, that one really took the cake.

RIP Asuma Sarutobi
:'(

Postby Dave » Mon Nov 03, 2008 3:51 pm

Yeah the American version of anime always sucks, voice actors are retards here at best. Subtitles for life for me.

And Shippudden is fantastic. The first series ended with a bunch of filler but I can't see how so many people can hold that against the show. It's not cannon, it's not affecting the story at all. It was literally something to look at while they worked on getting the main story farther along. And honestly I WAY prefer fluff to say Avatar when it just didn't air for months. now THAT sucked. And Shippudden hasn't had much filler at all and the one short filler arc they had I really liked. It was entertaining. Still not as good as Bleach's Bounto filler arc that's still my fav filler so far but entertaining.

And manga is so boring to me. This is coming from someone obsessed with comics. Manga is a piss pour replacement for anime 99% of the time. I'll wait for the good animated version rather than get the manga cliffnotes on a store in advance. It makes as much sense to me as reading the script of a movie before seeing the movie. Kinda dumb. (extremely dumb). And yes I've read the Naruto Manga up to where it catches up with the anime. It's not even close to as good as the anime. Further ahead sure but side by side anime wins.
WiNg0o wrote:To be honest I thought Dave just existed. In the beginning there was Dave.
Administrator

Postby BlazingBarrager » Mon Nov 03, 2008 4:06 pm

Dave wrote:Yeah the American version of anime always sucks, voice actors are retards here at best. Subtitles for life for me.

And Shippudden is fantastic. The first series ended with a bunch of filler but I can't see how so many people can hold that against the show. It's not cannon, it's not affecting the story at all. It was literally something to look at while they worked on getting the main story farther along. And honestly I WAY prefer fluff to say Avatar when it just didn't air for months. now THAT sucked. And Shippudden hasn't had much filler at all and the one short filler arc they had I really liked. It was entertaining. Still not as good as Bleach's Bounto filler arc that's still my fav filler so far but entertaining.

And manga is so boring to me. This is coming from someone obsessed with comics. Manga is a piss pour replacement for anime 99% of the time. I'll wait for the good animated version rather than get the manga cliffnotes on a store in advance. It makes as much sense to me as reading the script of a movie before seeing the movie. Kinda dumb. (extremely dumb). And yes I've read the Naruto Manga up to where it catches up with the anime. It's not even close to as good as the anime. Further ahead sure but side by side anime wins.

THANK YOU!!! Finally someone knows the true reason these damn fillers.

But yeah I prefer to watch the subbed, Japanese episodes. Unfortunately, my internet sucks so badly that I can't even watch the episodes. With that being said, I have to stick to the English dub (though I like some of the voices on the dub better then on the original one).

I can agree with you on the manga as well, but that doesn't mean we can still enjoy it. I mean we get to see ahead of the anime to see what's going on. Thanks to OneManga, I'm up to the current part of the series.
Last edited by BlazingBarrager on Mon Nov 03, 2008 9:52 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Postby BG07 » Mon Nov 03, 2008 4:07 pm

If Dave sees that he'll probably ban you.

Postby BlazingBarrager » Mon Nov 03, 2008 4:29 pm

BG07 wrote:If Dave sees that he'll probably ban you.

For what? That spoiler happens to be possible thanks to the latest chapter in the manga, or must I post it to prove it?

Postby BG07 » Mon Nov 03, 2008 4:44 pm

He doesn't read the manga last time I checked. Plus I distinctly remember him saying something about how he'd be pissed if he ever accidentally read a huge manga spoiler in a thread outside of the one in the snafu section.

Postby EagleMan » Mon Nov 03, 2008 5:53 pm

BlazingBarrager wrote:
BG07 wrote:If Dave sees that he'll probably ban you.

For what? That spoiler happens to be possible thanks to the latest chapter in the manga, or must I post it to prove it?

It doesn't really matter, you shouldn't even post it anyhow, some people just skim through posts and they may think that your spoiler was talking about something in the episode.

Postby BloodyThorn » Mon Nov 03, 2008 6:08 pm

Dave wrote:Yeah the American version of anime always sucks, voice actors are retards here at best. Subtitles for life for me.

I must agree, Shippudden is entertaining to watch while they're working on the anime.
That and I really don't like reading the manga.
Manga is an awsome thing to read but it doesn't really have the kind of feeling you get from the anime.
When I got to the point of the manga when Asuma died I really didn't have the "Boohoo" feeling that I knew I'd get from the anime.

Btw: We'll miss you Asuma :'(

I guess its because when you watch the anime you feel that your involved with it more then being the person watching it on T.V.
Same thing for the former show Avatar.
But unlike Naruto I couldn't bare to pick up the manga version to find out what happened in the next chapters. :eek:

But really I kinda classified the manga versions for most popular anime shows "A way for artists to show of their drawing/action skills"
Lets face it though. The art and detail in some of the manga's are flawless at times and some of the best anime originated from them.
Break the walls of cacooned lies and free-fall into the world of the unknown. But first understand, You are not alone.

Postby BlazingBarrager » Mon Nov 03, 2008 9:51 pm

BG07 wrote:He doesn't read the manga last time I checked. Plus I distinctly remember him saying something about how he'd be pissed if he ever accidentally read a huge manga spoiler in a thread outside of the one in the snafu section.

And I'm finding this out now WHY?

Postby vvipeout » Tue Nov 04, 2008 3:48 am

Naruto is by far my fav manga/anime. I love a lot of them such as ranma 1/2, bleach, SGT. frog, k.y.o., beserek ect.

The episode which dave is talking about is def one of the best ones in naruto so far. Just the feeling you get is just amazing. they did such a good job of capturing the moment.

sorry just thought I would put in my 2 cents

Postby Emerald Emblem » Tue Nov 04, 2008 4:32 am

If I bother to catch up with Shippuden will I not be disappointed? Last point I watched up to was when they re showed the beginning of Shippuden
Lily: few people here are worthy of my rape

Next

Return to Comic Updates and News!