Minnie needs therapy

Discuss new comics, posts, and news directly from the Snafu-Comics main page!

Moderator: Mod Squad

Re: Minnie needs therapy

Postby Ryley » Mon Oct 20, 2008 3:18 pm

Beauty wrote:Also, just a little note: Minnie's wearing the outfit she wore when the Redeemer took her, but she does not have wings anymore. Just a little thing I noticed. Does that mean she's less pure now?

I think when Her attacked she chopped off Minnie's wings. If you look at the page, it looks kind of like the slashes go across her wings.

And yeah, I think that's what it means.

Honestly, though, I think Minnie would rather be a little bit less pure if it means she's not forced to leave her brother.

Postby SlyBeGone » Mon Oct 20, 2008 3:37 pm

*sigh* I hate catching up.

Anyway, great page. Kinda expected judging by the previous thread, I think it was Ryley or someone that said this would happen in exact detail. Still pretty funny though, especially how she reverts back to her Shakespearean dialog just to end up in a "do too!", do not!" fight. lol

Also judging by Him's absence in this page, I predict he might have a big role in the next one. Seeing as how Jr may just have completely ruined his plans.

Postby babus » Mon Oct 20, 2008 4:16 pm

To be honest, I'm thinking Her has been showing the most interesting range of emotions. She has that emotionless devil feel to her, but her reaction to the kiss was priceless, sincere surprise, shock even, despite Her being what she is. This comic, she seemed caught between her annoyance at Jeff, and general awkwardness.

On that note, it appears that she averted her eyes in the first panel, once they were already done, which implies she was staring the whole time for what wasn't just a peck.
I don't enjoy your sanity

Postby Ryley » Mon Oct 20, 2008 4:24 pm

Bebo-27 wrote:Anyway, great page. Kinda expected judging by the previous thread, I think it was Ryley or someone that said this would happen in exact detail.

Hey, I was wrong about Junior being disgusted. THAT was a disgust face. lol

The whole sequence was great, though. Between Minnie's Shakespearean speech and the two of them reverting back to bickering it was hilarious.

Postby Kyan » Mon Oct 20, 2008 4:56 pm

Funny. Wasn't what I was expecting...
You Just Gotta Believe!!!
yukkuri shiteite ne!

Postby sNaFulOVeR » Mon Oct 20, 2008 6:21 pm

:happy: Oh, yea! That was good.. very good in deed....

It was very classic to me, that after anmost chopping Grims head off, she does not remember... I like that.

Alot.
"When it comes to life, fear can be good or bad. But when it comes down to that one scared person on stage, its great. Its the spotight for the person."

-Me

Postby kawaiikamex3 » Mon Oct 20, 2008 7:57 pm

I'm glad I found this site! That was so hilarious, I reread it like 5 times. lol

Postby Blood Lord » Mon Oct 20, 2008 8:47 pm

This place is the unoffical offical bufferzone for newbs.

Postby Billsthename » Mon Oct 20, 2008 10:14 pm

better B!tc# slapped than killed.
I looked for the perfect name for me and I found one no one used... most people didn't use anyway. So a name with Bill that showed who I was and so Billsthename will be the only name of me!

Postby babus » Mon Oct 20, 2008 10:22 pm

That wasn't a bitch slap, that was a tsunslap.

It's powered by denial.

Postby Beauty » Tue Oct 21, 2008 7:29 am

That really was an interesting chart, babus.
A GIR quote: I loveded you, piggie! I loveded you!

A quote from a friend: I love the 19th century. At least when they were going to rape someone, they had class about it.

A quote from me: NO, I WILL NOT PRAISE SATAN FOR YOU, BEAR!

Click me!

Postby cutiegigi » Tue Oct 21, 2008 8:58 am

lol an epic bitchslap the best thing to liven up a very interesting comic!! :grin: :grin: :grin: Image <<<<<Save this egg from dying!!!!

Postby babus » Tue Oct 21, 2008 10:14 am

Beauty wrote:That really was an interesting chart, babus.

Perhaps with a little more time, we'll be able to fill in more of those spaces. I suppose Bleed's DA stuff could work, but it isn't necessarily canon, either.

Postby Ryley » Tue Oct 21, 2008 12:00 pm

babus wrote:
Beauty wrote:That really was an interesting chart, babus.

Perhaps with a little more time, we'll be able to fill in more of those spaces. I suppose Bleed's DA stuff could work, but it isn't necessarily canon, either.

There are a least a couple of scenes when they are fighting which would fit the "Lover's Spat" category. Maybe the one with Junior with the apple in his mouth. lol

That wasn't a bitch slap, that was a tsunslap.

It's powered by denial.

Which is why it hurts so much. lol The greater the denial, the harder the impact.

(My sister's comment was, "That's Minnie's version of 'Sit, Boy!'." But I'm now thinking it's more like Sango and Miroku. ;))

Postby serascuridad » Tue Oct 21, 2008 2:52 pm

I thought you were not going so delicate around here, nor will I have to speak to speak their own language so that they understand :grin: :mrgreen:
UN CHIVO PEGO UN REPARO
Y EN VIENTO SE DETUVO
AHY CHIVOS QUE TIENEN MAMA
PERO ESTE "NI MADRE TUVO"
ENTARO A DOOM

Postby nintyuk » Tue Oct 21, 2008 3:08 pm

About the clothes thing, I think because Minnie's body is completely destroyed her soul's appearance is not as constrained as say Junior's, because he's technically still alive (well his body still exists on a another plane) so his appearance is anchored. On the other hand Minnie is a free spirit
and so her form can change to reflect her emotions.

or it could just be a artist ploy to more easily get across emotions and ideas.

Postby Ryley » Tue Oct 21, 2008 3:39 pm

nintyuk wrote:On the other hand Minnie is a free spirit
and so her form can change to reflect her emotions.

or it could just be a artist ploy to more easily get across emotions and ideas.

Well, definately the latter.

I think it was also an effect of Her's control, though, too. Now that Her's control is gone, Minnie is back to her original form. All the costume changes she went through were due to Her's influence and Her control over Minnie's emotions.

This is not to say Her was actually responsible for the clothes changing, but that's one explanation. This could have all been an illusion, Minnie could have been wearing the gown the whole time, and Junior only saw the green outfit and Mandy's dress because that's what Her wanted him to see.

Or, Minnie just uncovered an ability to transform that is common to all souls, or perhaps is just linked to her own self image. (As she's used to being able to transform) Her's control made that easier. Now that the link is broken, though, she reverts back to what she truly feels like inside, which is the Angel.

Postby Beauty » Tue Oct 21, 2008 3:53 pm

Well, more of a fallen angel, at the moment. The Redeemer adverted his eyes when the kiss occured. I wonder how he'll react to this (and how HER will react to him...?)
A GIR quote: I loveded you, piggie! I loveded you!

A quote from a friend: I love the 19th century. At least when they were going to rape someone, they had class about it.

A quote from me: NO, I WILL NOT PRAISE SATAN FOR YOU, BEAR!

Click me!

Postby Q.U. » Tue Oct 21, 2008 4:02 pm

I think it was also an effect of Her's control, though, too. Now that Her's control is gone, Minnie is back to her original form. All the costume changes she went through were due to Her's influence and Her control over Minnie's emotions

Let's just say she is in her "naked" soul form. So it might be metaphorical that her clothes show her actual emotional state. After all, when you look at somebody's soul, you should be able to see all through them, so their emotions should be exposed, if going by popular metaphors. Hence, Minnie cannot hide her dominant feelings (whether they are hers or given by Her) and so they display as a change in her garment.

This is not to say Her was actually responsible for the clothes changing, but that's one explanation. This could have all been an illusion, Minnie could have been wearing the gown the whole time, and Junior only saw the green outfit and Mandy's dress because that's what Her wanted him to see.

This is a bit risky to assume. From forcing fake reality on someone the way to forcing control is not that long. I think if Her was able to make Jr see things as she wanted, she would also have been able to take the control over him, which she didn't do.

The only thing to determine is whether those clothing changes were only thanks to Her, or were they just normal for a soul undergoing different emotional states. Either way, I think this is unimportant, seeing as Minnie never loses the control over her hidden desires on her own (yet again assuming she has those), so she shouldn't change from her form now unless she loses it again. The only possible change would be similar to her nergal transformation when she tried to protect her brother. But she is unlikely to have those powers at this point, so this change is also unlikely.

I thought you were not going so delicate around here, nor will I have to speak to speak their own language so that they understand

I don't really care, since I understand you whether you use one or the other. But not everybody here can speak languages different than English, so using English all the time is simply the display of being polite towards others around, don't you think?
This post is intended for information only. Please do not reply to this message as responses cannot be read or acknowledged due to the stupidity of the user.

Postby Ryley » Tue Oct 21, 2008 4:16 pm

Beauty wrote:Well, more of a fallen angel, at the moment. The Redeemer adverted his eyes when the kiss occured. I wonder how he'll react to this (and how HER will react to him...?)

I suspect he was unconscious. But if he was awake, it certainly makes sense he would avert his eyes.

What will he do when he wakes up? Depends on how much he did see, I guess. lol

As for Minnie's status, she's still a good person inside, after all, she did appear as an angel, (unlike Blossom, who appeared in her clothes in soul form) and still has the gown. She may have missed her chance to join the highest ranks in Heaven, but I think in the end she'll be happy to give that up to help Junior become a new and unique kind of Grim Reaper. She is, after all, a good influence on him.

Postby Ryley » Tue Oct 21, 2008 4:29 pm

Q.U. wrote:Let's just say she is in her "naked" soul form. So it might be metaphorical that her clothes show her actual emotional state. After all, when you look at somebody's soul, you should be able to see all through them, so their emotions should be exposed, if going by popular metaphors. Hence, Minnie cannot hide her dominant feelings (whether they are hers or given by Her) and so they display as a change in her garment.

True enough, technically speaking even her gown and everything else could be an illusion. I'm just saying that normally she wouldn't be able to change her appearance, much as Junior appears as a human, even though he's never looked like that before, and is probably a little uncomfortable with it.

This could have all been an illusion, Minnie could have been wearing the gown the whole time, and Junior only saw the green outfit and Mandy's dress because that's what Her wanted him to see.

This is a bit risky to assume. From forcing fake reality on someone the way to forcing control is not that long. I think if Her was able to make Jr see things as she wanted, she would also have been able to take the control over him, which she didn't do.

Not really. Changing perception is a way to take control, but if Junior's not giving in to the illusion, then it's not doing Her any good. And perhaps Her powers are limited, She can only make minor illusions, or can only manifest them through someone She has already taken control of.

Honestly, you can probably assume Him's powers are limitless, if you assume He is who He is meant to represent, and so the only reason He hasn't just taken over Junior right away is because He has to let him turn over control willingly. There are rules involved. He has to work through temptation, not direct control. (Because otherwise the person hasn't actually done anything sinful)

The other possibility is that it was Minnie's doing, but that she required Her's knowledge of "how things work" in order to know she could change her appearance. Without that control (and in fact with all memory of Her's influence gone) Minnie snaps back to an unconscious self image, once she doesn't directly control. (Like Junior)

Previous

Return to Comic Updates and News!