Kingdom Hearts

Discuss new comics, posts, and news directly from the Snafu-Comics main page!

Moderator: Mod Squad

Postby Dave » Mon Oct 20, 2008 1:47 pm

Wow the forums are kicking ass for rad news for me again. Two leaked Kingdom Hearts trailers.

First one for the DS

The thing that gets me super super super stoked about this one is the four player split screen they showed. Two of my favorite games of all time have to be Final Fantasy Crystal Chornicle and Zelda Four Swords. Zelda being the superior of the two. But this looks like all of that and more... well probably less I bet it doesn't have Zelda's cool puzzles but it seems to have Zelda's rad competition and Crystal Chronicles rad fighting... Well correction Kingdom Heart's even RADDER fighting. So this very well be the most perfect game I've ever played. Plus the stroy line about Organization 13...14 looks amazing.

Next one for the PSP

This one honestly I'm not nearly as excited for. It's clearly a prequel of sorts for KH1 and it's with characters I don't know. But at least we finally get to explore some new Disney worlds. It doesn't seem to have the four player which immediately is a downside especially compared to the DS. Of course I'll play and love it. But wow when the other one screams awesome story/gameplay. and this screams ok story and normal gameplay... Well I know which one I want to play first is all I'm saying.

But after seeing these trailers I've decided when these games come out I'm canceling my Kingdom Hearts shirts Heartless and Just a Nobody and making all new shirts. It may just be a re-design of the two but expect new shirts based on KH for sure.
WiNg0o wrote:To be honest I thought Dave just existed. In the beginning there was Dave.
Administrator

Re: Kingdom Hearts

Postby Kyan » Mon Oct 20, 2008 3:41 pm

hmmmm... not bad, the only one I'm not looking forward to is that one for mobile phone.... it just doesn't seem right to me
You Just Gotta Believe!!!
yukkuri shiteite ne!

Re:

Postby NeoWarrior7 » Mon Oct 20, 2008 5:12 pm

I've already seen most of this, but:

Dave wrote:But after seeing these trailers I've decided when these games come out I'm canceling my Kingdom Hearts shirts Heartless and Just a Nobody and making all new shirts. It may just be a re-design of the two but expect new shirts based on KH for sure.

I hope they turn out good. I've been considering those two shirt, though I haven't planned on getting around to buying them.
For the Greater Good

Postby Ignite » Mon Oct 20, 2008 7:11 pm

Ahh I love this game but there's another think I like to say that "Why It's must be Jap language I think it will be nice if they speak Eng.

Postby Sable » Mon Oct 20, 2008 10:42 pm

Ignite wrote:Ahh I love this game but there's another think I like to say that "Why It's must be Jap language I think it will be nice if they speak Eng.

Learn to spell pl0x. For one, those trailers were in japan, shown at the Tokyo game show. Also note that the games are made by a japanese company. But dont worry, the game will be made in english and realesed in the US.

Back to the subject. Ive been sticking with these games for so long now, and "Birth by sleep" and "358/2 days" are gone be huge. Days with the multiplayer and playable organization characters, and Birth by sleep contributing to the storyline. Definatly to games worth getting.
RacialslurX2

Postby Acktoo » Mon Oct 20, 2008 11:55 pm

Hey, you added imbedded videos!
Too good for you.

Postby Mr. Froggy » Tue Oct 21, 2008 2:57 am

I think it's funny how Nintendo stuck with the Androgenous Korean boys and it's Sony who went with Disney.

I still believe that KH should've stayed Disney>FF.
"An honest man is one who knows that he can't consume more than he has produced"
Ayn Rand -Atlas Shrugged-

Postby Blixboy » Tue Oct 21, 2008 4:40 pm

I know both KH games are gonna be tough, but they could've used better titles, I know I sound like a complete asshole jackass outta hell, but its true. Okay, Birth By Sleep is an okay name and easy to understand, but 358/2 days just doesn't make any real sense to me. I'm being serious, is this title supposed to coexist with the storyline, or are the just being lazy

WHAT THE HELL DOES THIS STUPID TITLE MEAN!!!!!!!!
I'm losing my sanity, i'm hearing voices and they won't leave me alone.

Postby Sable » Tue Oct 21, 2008 9:21 pm

Woah calm down sparky.

The title Birth By Sleep holds a connection to the storyline which well find out in the game. And 358/2 days is that amount of time Roxas was in the organization, which is the year Sora was asleep, which is also the period of time separating KH:COM and KHII.
RacialslurX2

Postby Xagan » Wed Oct 22, 2008 11:58 am

Actually, if I read right somewhere, the title 358/2 is a mystery revealed in the game. It could be something as simple the amount of time Roxas spent in Organization XIII, or it could be something so big that you have to say out loud "that's what the title means!". Right now, though the talk about the title may mean what we think, it's still only speculation.
Xagan is a great king and a president, he commeth abroad like a bull, with griphens wings, but when he taketh humane shape, he maketh men wittie, he turneth all mettals into the coine of that dominion, and turneth water into wine, and wine into water, he also turneth bloud into wine, & wine into bloud, & a foole into a wise man, he is head of thirtie and three legions. Pseudomonarchia daemonum - Johann Wier (1583)

Postby Hikari » Wed Oct 22, 2008 12:32 pm

If I read correctly somewhere 358/2 refers to the time Sora was in the "Egg-thing" (358 days) And how much Roxas spent in Twilight Town (2 days) in which time passes slower, therefore Sora's 358 days asleep were 2 days spent by Roxas on Virtual Twilight Town.

Postby G-O » Wed Oct 22, 2008 1:35 pm

They both look like fun, The titles are pretty lame indeed but maybe they'll change them when it's released in the US. I'm looking forward to the multiplayer the most.

Postby Zath » Wed Oct 22, 2008 2:01 pm

I might get a cheap, original PSP off of craigslist and get it downgraded so I can get KH.

Maybe.

Postby Gundam » Thu Oct 23, 2008 10:33 am

well thanks for telling me my post got featured on the maiin page Dave... :twisted:
One weird Snafu

Postby shadow_the_beast » Thu Oct 23, 2008 3:42 pm

The multiplayer looks like a "who can defeat the most enemies in a time limit" and "vs mode". If they do make a co-op mode in the game then that would be the shit.

Besides multiplayer, this is probably the best looking game I've seen so far. Hope everything goes well and the story will be as good as the other 2. Mysterious girl is rather interesting.

Postby Xagan » Thu Oct 23, 2008 8:13 pm

shadow_the_beast wrote:The multiplayer looks like a "who can defeat the most enemies in a time limit" and "vs mode". If they do make a co-op mode in the game then that would be the shit.

Besides multiplayer, this is probably the best looking game I've seen so far. Hope everything goes well and the story will be as good as the other 2. Mysterious girl is rather interesting.

I think I read that co-op is involved, but it's limited. As for the vs, I dunno if you know this, but all 13 members are usable. They all have their strengths and weaknesses and you can use their individual weapons/talents. If they hadn't sold me on the name "Kingdom Hearts", they certainly had me at that.
Xagan is a great king and a president, he commeth abroad like a bull, with griphens wings, but when he taketh humane shape, he maketh men wittie, he turneth all mettals into the coine of that dominion, and turneth water into wine, and wine into water, he also turneth bloud into wine, & wine into bloud, & a foole into a wise man, he is head of thirtie and three legions. Pseudomonarchia daemonum - Johann Wier (1583)

Postby Sable » Fri Oct 24, 2008 12:06 am

Xagan wrote:
shadow_the_beast wrote:The multiplayer looks like a "who can defeat the most enemies in a time limit" and "vs mode". If they do make a co-op mode in the game then that would be the shit.

I think I read that co-op is involved, but it's limited. As for the vs, I dunno if you know this, but all 13 members are usable. They all have their strengths and weaknesses and you can use their individual weapons/talents. If they hadn't sold me on the name "Kingdom Hearts", they certainly had me at that.

Wait. All members? Are you sure they have revealed that much? I really cant remember. I haven't checked Kh Insider for a while. Last i remember we only knew about the members that have been shown in the gameplay videos, such as Axel, Roxas Xaldin, Saix, Xigbar( My Fav!!!!!) and Larxene, although i don't doubt all members will be playable, although there's that 14 member. As for multiplayer, it is separate from single player, in that it will follow missions, they will either be co-op or versus.
RacialslurX2

Postby Xagan » Fri Oct 24, 2008 6:34 am

SableTheFabled wrote:
Xagan wrote:

Wait. All members? Are you sure they have revealed that much? I really cant remember. I haven't checked Kh Insider for a while. Last i remember we only knew about the members that have been shown in the gameplay videos, such as Axel, Roxas Xaldin, Saix, Xigbar( My Fav!!!!!) and Larxene, although i don't doubt all members will be playable, although there's that 14 member. As for multiplayer, it is separate from single player, in that it will follow missions, they will either be co-op or versus.

I looked through all the magazines I've held onto, but the only article I can find is a quarter-page blurb about it being in production. I'm gonna have to dig through my sources in greater detail to find what I'm talking about. I know I've got it here somewhere.

Postby Sable » Fri Oct 24, 2008 9:16 am

http://khinsider.com/

Youll find that site most helpfull. And yes, apperently all 13 members a playable. God damn im so exited, i cant wait to play as Xigbar or Saix. As for the multi-player, like i said youll be doing missions with a specific goal, which you can either play as a group(co-op, helping each other and shit), or against each other trying to see who can complete it first.
RacialslurX2

Postby Kyan » Tue Oct 28, 2008 12:04 pm

Really? this multiplayer looks good, I can't wait to be beat Blixboy in it.
You Just Gotta Believe!!!
yukkuri shiteite ne!

Postby Endrance » Sat Nov 01, 2008 6:48 pm

I think I'm most excited about the DS one, though the PSP one looks awesome too. I'm just excited to see more expansion on the Organization and all since there was very little in the games. The PSP one, however, seems almost like Crisis Core to FFVII and if it is, then it'll be great.

Of course, there's no telling until it actually comes out.

"Because we know that asystole is the only steady rhythm."
"Never do anything you wouldn't want to explain to the paramedics."
"There is no body cavity that cannot be reached by a 14-gauge needle and a strong arm."

You could call me misandric. ...Or...not.

Postby Endrance » Sun Nov 02, 2008 11:29 am

So I know I was the last poster and all, but I think that this is important enough for a new post:

New screenshots for 358/2 Days

ImageImageImageImage

New screenshots for Birth By Sleep

ImageImageImageImage

This makes me even more exited about it, but I'm suddenly really doubtful about Xion - she seems kinda Mary-Sue-ish to me, and I'm afraid of what she'll do to the plotline. )=

And I think I remember reading somewhere about the title referring to the week that Roxas spends in Twilight town (you know, at the beginning of KHII?) and how it's 365 - 7 = 358 or something, but don't remember what the significance of that was. I'll go look for it.

"Because we know that asystole is the only steady rhythm."
"Never do anything you wouldn't want to explain to the paramedics."
"There is no body cavity that cannot be reached by a 14-gauge needle and a strong arm."

You could call me misandric. ...Or...not.

Return to Comic Updates and News!