Fuck Yeah, Pokémans

The forum for Bleedman fans! Feel free to discuss other comics and cartoons, as well.

Moderator: Mod Squad

Postby Yoshi » Wed Sep 03, 2008 9:36 pm

Cali Defender wrote:I definitely breeded for nothign but gender. Anything more would have made me toss my ds out onto one of the tracks probably.

PANSY. Out of all the Eevees I hatched only one was female. Which kind of sucks.

As for Celebi, the solution is, don't. I think the thread from Penny Arcade (Here) is pretty good as far as rules go. I like legendaries, not so much fighting them because the only thing that really stands a chance is another legendary, or pseudo-legendary.

Mind you, if I had my way Hippowdon can fuck itself. SO MUCH HATE.
"Worst case scenario I'll get arrested for public nudity.
Best case scenerio I'll get arrested for public nudity with a boner. It's win win.
" ~ Dave
"Also Yoshi is the most important person in all of Australia." ~ Zepherin

Postby GridsNaranek » Wed Sep 03, 2008 9:50 pm

STFU, Hippowdon is great when used right :P
Bloodsguar Studios member

WE ARE ALL GRIDS

Postby Yoshi » Wed Sep 03, 2008 9:54 pm

Exactly. Possibly the only one more irritating to me than Hippowdon is Bronzor and Bronzong. Everything else I could deal with but noooo, not them. And Quagsire, but he's awesome, therefore the exception.

Edit: I think it's because I can never remember their weaknesses (Except Quagsire, though I have no Grass Pokémon or moves).
Last edited by Yoshi on Wed Sep 03, 2008 9:56 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Best case scenerio I'll get arrested for public nudity with a boner. It's win win.
" ~ Dave

Postby Mo Yeongsu » Wed Sep 03, 2008 9:55 pm

Hippowdon??? See, Pokemon like that are the reason I stopped playin after Gold and Silver. I beat Ruby just fine, but was definitely not feelin any more new wannabes.

Postby Yoshi » Wed Sep 03, 2008 10:00 pm

Mo Yeongsu wrote:Hippowdon??? See, Pokemon like that are the reason I stopped playin after Gold and Silver. I beat Ruby just fine, but was definitely not feelin any more new wannabes.

See, I like the original guys the best, but some new ones are pretty awesome. I dare you to say Infernape isn't awesome. Or Staraptor (Staraptor > Pidgeot). Rotom, Yanmega (I still want one), Luxray and many others are awesome but yeah, a lot do suck, but so did they in the second generation (And even the first).

And any generation that adds Eeveelutions is good by me.
" ~ Dave

Postby Acktoo » Wed Sep 03, 2008 10:08 pm

Griddles wrote:STFU, Hippowdon is great when used right :P

Yeah, if it even gets a chance to attack. Every Hippowdon I've ever fought has been one-shotted.

But then again I one-shot pretty much everything.
Too good for you.

Postby Yoshi » Wed Sep 03, 2008 10:18 pm

Hippowdon's problem is that it is incredibly slow. All you need is a decently fast water, grass or ice type to OHKO it. If you don't have one though, and you only have Physical, not Special moves then Hippowdon gets a hell of a foothold if not killed quickly, especially with its ability.

My Infernape had this problem, given I currently had no water, grass or ice types. Yeah, that was annoying.
" ~ Dave

Postby GridsNaranek » Wed Sep 03, 2008 10:29 pm

I intend to use a Bronzong on the same team with Hippowdon. Bronzong has Trick Room too, allowing the slower guys to go first. Couple that with Hippowdon's Earthquake vs Bronzong's Levitate, Bronzong's flinch-causing Extrasensory and its Confuse Ray, Hippowdon's Stealth Rock and of course the constant sandstorm and you got yourself a major problem.

Oh, and yes, Yanmega IS awesome!

WE ARE ALL GRIDS

Postby Yoshi » Wed Sep 03, 2008 10:47 pm

Ah, but the trick is that you've got to hope the other guy doesn't get a move in before Trick Room, or have Full Incense. There's a lot that can go wrong with that scenario, especially since everyone seems to use a Bronzong.

But yes, excellent plan. Just hope it actually works :P
" ~ Dave

Re: Fuck Yeah, Pokémans

Postby Acktoo » Wed Sep 03, 2008 10:52 pm

I don't. But then again, my pokemon teams aren't really very inventive.
Too good for you.

Postby Sable » Thu Sep 04, 2008 1:43 am

Ruby Status: Playtime= An hour maybe?

Lv 22 Combusken(m)
Lv 18 Ralts (m)
Lv 12 Aron (m)
Lv 6 Shroomish(m)
Lv 8 Zigzagoon ( m)- Because he picks up shit and this can be helpful.
RacialslurX2

Postby Thy_Robocop » Thu Sep 04, 2008 5:16 am

Hello!

Yoshi invited me to this thread to discuss Pokémon, and seeing that I was a great fan of Pokémon back when Red and Blue came out, I came here!

Back when I had Pokémon Red and Blue, I had a Charizard lvl 100...until some idiot started a new game and saved over my one! :cussing:

Then I got Silver, and had a pretty good team with Feraligator, Lugia, Ho-oh, Espeon and guys like that. Meanwhile, I went to watch the first three films, bought the cards, and basically lived like a Pokémon fan.

But then I discovered that the place where I live in Italy is not a good place for, basically, any kind of collectible games, including Pokèmon, Warhammer 40000, and Magic the Gathering. There were no other fans to trade with (not ones I can meet on a regular basis), and although I hold on for a bit in hope to collect all pokémon, my interest in the games dwindled. The fact that Mum gave me only 15 euros monthly to buy my stuff helped in the equation.

Now I have a DS, and from this month i get 50 euros monthly. I may buy a DS game for a birthday, and I am considering getting either Final Fantasy Revenant Wings or The World Ends With You. In your opinion, should I consider Pokèmon Diamond and Pearl in the equation?

Postby rosygirl » Thu Sep 04, 2008 6:21 am

@Thy: Yes yes you should.

Postby GridsNaranek » Thu Sep 04, 2008 6:29 am

Platinum is released next week in Japan with its translated version not far away (December maybe?). If you've yet to get a DS Pokemon game perhaps you ought to wait for that.

If it's anything like Emerald was, it's a much better way of obtaining all the version-exclusives than Diamond or Pearl.

WE ARE ALL GRIDS

Postby Yoshi » Thu Sep 04, 2008 6:35 am

Definitely. Pokémon has saved me from boredom so many times and once you get back into it it's loads of fun. We're always happy to talk tactics, teams or even just shooting the shit. And with me in charge there'll be no crap in this thread.

Come back to the Pokémans, you won't regret it.

Sable, I'm jealous because I've yet to even encounter a damn Ralts. Ralts and Aron. Damn yooooou!

Thy, sucks that someone deleted your game. I played basically all the games on ROM (Too poor for a GameBoy :( ) and it sucked having a level 100 Feraligatr and Suicine and not being able to show anyone my achievements :(

I've never been a huge collector of the cards (All my siblings and I combined had a stack the size of most people's "small" decks)or anyone, but Warhammer has always been loved by me (Nowhere to go here, either). That's why I like Pokémon, because getting together on the internet doesn't really lose anything in translation.
" ~ Dave

Postby GridsNaranek » Thu Sep 04, 2008 6:45 am

I got a shiny Aron XD

Anyone interested in challenging me over Wi Fi? I'll be nice, I promise! My Friend Code is in my sig. Name is Matt.

I have a bloodlust cos I spend all my time training my various Pokemon but I hardly have anyone with the daring to take me on. That, and now that I'm banned from DA I have a bit more time on my hands :P Can I find my perfect foe here in Snafu?

I wonder...

WE ARE ALL GRIDS

Postby rosygirl » Thu Sep 04, 2008 6:52 am

It seems once I beat diamond I kinda forgot about it. Its probably because I was playing mystery dungeon soon after and I'm pretty into those.

Postby Yoshi » Thu Sep 04, 2008 7:00 am

Griddles wrote:I got a shiny Aron XD

Anyone interested in challenging me over Wi Fi? I'll be nice, I promise! My Friend Code is in my sig. Name is Matt.

I have a bloodlust cos I spend all my time training my various Pokemon but I hardly have anyone with the daring to take me on. That, and now that I'm banned from DA I have a bit more time on my hands :P Can I find my perfect foe here in Snafu?

I wonder...

I am definitely going to try hooking up my USB Wireless for some good Pokémans. Be warned, my modem is, erratic, to say the least. Once I get a decent team together YOU BE GOING DOWN.
" ~ Dave

Postby Thy_Robocop » Thu Sep 04, 2008 7:01 am

@Thy: Yes yes you should.

Good, I will consider it.
Platinum is released next week in Japan with its translated version not far away (December maybe?). If you've yet to get a DS Pokemon game perhaps you ought to wait for that.

If it's anything like Emerald was, it's a much better way of obtaining all the version-exclusives than Diamond or Pearl.

Thanks for the advice! But by that time my brithday will be been and gone, especially if the Italian version comes out later (one of the problems of living in Italy, grrr )... So I'll stick to the 2 ones I have chosen for my birthday and hang on to the Christmas bonus money for Platinum... If I don't blow my money on other things (namely, books and PC adventure games)

And by the way, the "Thy" in my name is actually old English for "yours" (thought it ment something else, but not a problem). I'm sure you all agree that calling someone "Yours" could generate some misunderstanding and potentially some epic lulz, so could you please calle me Robocop?

Postby Yoshi » Thu Sep 04, 2008 7:05 am

We'll, I assumed everyone knew that I was referring to you by Thy. I SHALL NOW CALL YOU ROB. Or Robo. Whichever.

And Griddles and I are both Australian. Trust us, we know all about getting games late.

For what each version gets go here:
http://bulbapedia.bulbagarden.net/wiki/ ... exclusives

Oh, and to relate to PPGD, everyone go watch this right now. <3 Apples In Stereo.
" ~ Dave

Postby GridsNaranek » Thu Sep 04, 2008 7:12 am

Yoshi, since you're such a sport, I will get you any Pokemon you desire, shiny or standard.

And I mean ANY Pokemon. I do have the means. Make it count ;)

Robo of the Dancing Cyberman, yours would coincide with the European release date, which is around the same time as Aus gets their stuff.

WE ARE ALL GRIDS

Postby Wazit » Thu Sep 04, 2008 7:16 am

Shiny pokemon of any kind? ME WANT! I love pokemon, still do. Just that I don't buy the more recent ones anymore

Postby Yoshi » Thu Sep 04, 2008 7:27 am

Griddles, I hope you realise I refuse any Gameshark/Action Reply Pokémans, right? I'm a through and through legit user. But hey, if it's a legit that's cool.
" ~ Dave

Postby Thy_Robocop » Thu Sep 04, 2008 7:37 am

Rob is cool. As Robo of the Dancing Cyberman. ^_^ ^_^ ^_^

Robo of the Dancing Cyberman, yours would coincide with the European release date, which is around the same time as Aus gets their stuff.

Good. I will keep an eye open at the local stores for December, then.

Next phase: convince Dad to stop playing Sudoku on the Brain Training long enough to enjoy the games.

Wish me luck! ;)

Postby BlazingBarrager » Thu Sep 04, 2008 7:45 am

Well I guess I better start breeding for another Eevee to act as my Flareon.

Location: That little place in your head you don't know about.

PreviousNext

Return to Bleed Forum (Comics and Animation)