Fuck Yeah, Pokémans

The forum for Bleedman fans! Feel free to discuss other comics and cartoons, as well.

Moderator: Mod Squad

Postby rosygirl » Tue Sep 02, 2008 9:01 pm

SkulFetish wrote:Don't think I'll get Platinum, but I kind of want the new Mystery Dungeon game because I hear it has plot.

I recently beat it and yeah it has a great plot. Even though it has the same sucky graphic as the first one if you happen to be a fan of pokemon you would probably enjoy it.

Postby Yoshi » Tue Sep 02, 2008 11:09 pm

Cali Defender wrote:
Yoshi wrote: Currently playing Diamond (Beat the Elite Four, having fun with breeding)

This, but with Pearl.

I played it all summer when I was working at a Go-kart park. Got myself an entire team of female eeveelutions. That...took lots of time...

And it's about all I have to say right now. I wish they'd add soemthing mroe to the forula. The show's are fun and all but...I don't know...something to break the repetitiveness. I've done everything I think...maybe like a Harvest Moon style farm where you can breed pokemon and rasie crops. That'd rock.

First, no kidding it'd take time. I believe it's a 12.5% (1/8) chance of getting a female Eevee. Did you breed for nature and IVs or just gender? I'm trying for a (Hopefully) female Timid Eevee to use as my Espeon, though a male with good IVs would do at this point.

And I would love a cross between Pokémon/Harvest Moon/Viva Pinata because, well, using a Bulbasaur to cut your cots with razor leaf would be so much damn quicker.

BlazingBarrager, kudos on the Flareon, which, to Mo, is coincidentally one of my favourite Pokémon. Pity the movepool sucks which makes it nearly useless. Still, I intend to breed a good Flareon with a good nature (Probably just a batton passer) purely to fuck with people that don't expect a Flareon which is one of the most underused Pokémon ever.

Shadow, I'd love to get a good Milotic but do you know how impossible it is to get a Feebas? Also, I don't intend to ditch my current four mains, but I want to breed another team entirely. Mainly because the only types my team covered was Fighting, Fire, Normal, Flying, Electric, Psychic. Leaves a giant hole in my elements to kick my arse, and I couldn't get a hold of a decent water and grass (I'm selective with my Pokémans, and don't decide on stats alone). I've got Pishu the Pachirisu in my box somewhere that I'm using to pickup Rare Candies (Though I need to level her). I just really want to make a usable team of "useless" and underused Pokémon.

And Eeveelutions are just pimp.
"Worst case scenario I'll get arrested for public nudity.
Best case scenerio I'll get arrested for public nudity with a boner. It's win win.
" ~ Dave
"Also Yoshi is the most important person in all of Australia." ~ Zepherin

Postby GridsNaranek » Tue Sep 02, 2008 11:19 pm

I got a SleepTalking Milotic to make use of its great ability. Kinda nifty.

I'm not too big on the Eeveelutions, particularly cos the Beast Trio from Gen II do everything the first three can but better. Nonetheless, I have Espeon and Leafeon as my two disciples and I just hatched a Mild and an Adamant Eevee.

Mild will probably become a Jolteon (wanna level it up to give it Trump Card) and I suppose the Adamant one has gotta become a Flareon...
Bloodsguar Studios member

WE ARE ALL GRIDS

Re: Fuck Yeah, Pokémans

Postby BlazingBarrager » Tue Sep 02, 2008 11:30 pm

BlazingBarrager, kudos on the Flareon, which, to Mo, is coincidentally one of my favourite Pokémon. Pity the movepool sucks which makes it nearly useless. Still, I intend to breed a good Flareon with a good nature (Probably just a batton passer) purely to fuck with people that don't expect a Flareon which is one of the most underused Pokémon ever.

Thanks. My Flareon is a female and shiny (what are the odds? lol ) and it has a Hasty nature. It knows Quick Attack, Iron Tail, Protect, and Flamethrower. It's currently in the 70's right now when it comes to level.

I also use Umbreon. My Umbreon has an Impish Nature and is at Level 52. It's also female and it knows Faint Attack, Toxic, Double Team, and Confuse Ray.

And just for the hell of it...I guess I'll tell you about my Celebi.

It has a Timid nature so its speed is very high not to mention its perfect for a Psychic/Grass type like it. It's also one of my only Lv. 100 Pokemon so far. Right now it knows Aerial Ace (for enemies weak against flying and that have low Defense), Psychic, Giga Drain, and Calm Mind.

Location: That little place in your head you don't know about.

Postby Yoshi » Tue Sep 02, 2008 11:40 pm

Blazing, can you get rid of their quote or picture in your sig? Too large.

And noooooo! Don't give Flareon Quick Attack and Iron Tail! I'd personally swap Iron Tail for Substitute or something else and Quick Attack for Overheat. Or something.

And hacked Pokémon are not cool :/

Use http://bulbapedia.bulbagarden.net/wiki/Main_Page for checking what moves different Pokémon can use, their base stats (So you can optimise their role) and also what the natures do. If you don't already, that is.
Best case scenerio I'll get arrested for public nudity with a boner. It's win win.
" ~ Dave

Postby Sable » Wed Sep 03, 2008 1:09 am

So is this Ruby, Emerald or Pearl/Diamond you guys are talking about? Also, What do you mean by shiny? As in it sparkles right?
RacialslurX2

Postby Yoshi » Wed Sep 03, 2008 1:32 am

Shiny is an alternate coloured Pokémon. They can have slight differences (Such as a lighter/darker shade) or drastic differences (Gengar is normally purple, the shiny version is black). You can spot shiny because when they come out of a Poké Ball or appear in the wild they do indeed sparkle.
" ~ Dave

Postby Karo » Wed Sep 03, 2008 1:38 am

Yoshi wrote:
Cali Defender wrote:
Yoshi wrote: Currently playing Diamond (Beat the Elite Four, having fun with breeding)

This, but with Pearl.

I played it all summer when I was working at a Go-kart park. Got myself an entire team of female eeveelutions. That...took lots of time...

And it's about all I have to say right now. I wish they'd add soemthing mroe to the forula. The show's are fun and all but...I don't know...something to break the repetitiveness. I've done everything I think...maybe like a Harvest Moon style farm where you can breed pokemon and rasie crops. That'd rock.

First, no kidding it'd take time. I believe it's a 12.5% (1/8) chance of getting a female Eevee. Did you breed for nature and IVs or just gender? I'm trying for a (Hopefully) female Timid Eevee to use as my Espeon, though a male with good IVs would do at this point.

And I would love a cross between Pokémon/Harvest Moon/Viva Pinata because, well, using a Bulbasaur to cut your cots with razor leaf would be so much damn quicker.

Shadow, I'd love to get a good Milotic but do you know how impossible it is to get a Feebas? Also, I don't intend to ditch my current four mains, but I want to breed another team entirely. Mainly because the only types my team covered was Fighting, Fire, Normal, Flying, Electric, Psychic. Leaves a giant hole in my elements to kick my arse, and I couldn't get a hold of a decent water and grass (I'm selective with my Pokémans, and don't decide on stats alone). I've got Pishu the Pachirisu in my box somewhere that I'm using to pickup Rare Candies (Though I need to level her). I just really want to make a usable team of "useless" and underused Pokémon.

And Eeveelutions are just pimp.
They do have a harvest moon game like that. It's called Rune Factory (for the DS, sequel coming out soon) And as for Pokemon, I just got 5 eevee eggs today and when they hatched they were all male. So now they only evolutions I'm missing are Espeon and Umbreon, and all 7 of my eevee evolutions will be male.
Zath: Behold, Karo: The only woman in existence who can make Fenix shut the fuck up.
Redsnow: That, and, frankly, if Karo doesn't like you that much, your character is probably going to die soon after his acceptance anyway.
Keiran: Bad RPs don't get picked, unmemberable RPs get ignored.
Zelosse: I don't usually laugh at blatant attitude, but when I do. It usually involves Karo.

Postby Yoshi » Wed Sep 03, 2008 3:12 am

I have enough Eevees right now to make all the Eeveelutions, but I'm breeding for just the right one with the right IVs. Which is kind of a pain, but definitely rewarding. Ideally, I want a female Timid Eevee with good IVs in Sp.Atk, Sp.Def and Speed. Main Sp.Def and Speed, though, but good a HP IV would be oh-so nice.
" ~ Dave

Postby GridsNaranek » Wed Sep 03, 2008 5:56 am

I'm training my Mismagius cos it's from my Gen 3 games (can't get its pre-ev in Diamond) and with the Lucky Egg its Exp goes up like a rocket.

Currently on my team is my Mismagius, Hippowdon (with Slack Off and Stealth Rock, Impish nature), Arcanine (Modest with Dragon Pulse, a nifty move for a fire type), my shiny Latios (has Grass Knot, meaning Kyogre and Groudon can kiss their uber asses byebye), my HM-slave Staraptor and my Leafeon which, with a muscle band, is my physical sweeper.

Once a Pokemon of mine hits lv100 I swap it out and train another. I've got a fair few Lv 100s and I love Sandstorm teams cos they just mess with the foe sooooo good.

WE ARE ALL GRIDS

Postby Emerald Emblem » Wed Sep 03, 2008 6:00 am

I don't really care about all this IV and EV stuff, Makes things more complicated.
Lily: few people here are worthy of my rape

Postby Yoshi » Wed Sep 03, 2008 6:11 am

That's kind of the point for me Emerald :P I could easily breed a Timid Eevee and give it the moves I want. Breeding for IVs adds that extra bit of difficulty. Upping the difficulty from "normal" to "hard" if you will. And trying to breed a female Timid Eevee with the right IVs ups it to "insane".

EVs are pretty easy. Maximum of 510 overall, with a max of 252 in one stat. Fighting certain Pokémon give different IVs. It just helps supplement abilities.

I went through and "beat the game" with four Pokémon at lower than standard level. Breeding a "perfect" Pokémon is kind of my own challenge.

And Griddles, I fucking hate Sandstorm teams. I didn't know you couldn't get Misdreavus in Diamond D: I guess I'll settle for a good Gardevoir or something :/

I'm still tossing up team combinations in my head, all I know is I want an Espeon with Protect, Double Team and Baton Pass. Once I finally breed one I'll move on to the next.

Edit: Shit, I thought the Ralts line could learn some Dark moves. Damn it, I need a good Dark Pokémon that isn't Umbreon. Or I might skip over Dark altogether and maybe go Ghost. Thoughts?
" ~ Dave

Postby Emerald Emblem » Wed Sep 03, 2008 6:20 am

Forget that, I just double checked. Gardevior can't learn Dark Pulse but can learn Shadow ball.

Postby Yoshi » Wed Sep 03, 2008 6:24 am

Doesn't learn Dark Pulse and egg-moves are one thing I can't be arsed breeding for which is where its Ghost moves mainly come from.

Edit: Damn it, beaten! Curse yoooou!

I think I'll stick with Espeon as my Psychic type for now. I've always liked Haunter/Gengar but never actually made one. Maybe I should.
" ~ Dave

Postby GridsNaranek » Wed Sep 03, 2008 6:58 am

Misdreavus is only on Pearl, whilst Murkrow's only on Diamond.

I bred a Murkrow with Super Luck ability and Drill peck, and evolved it into a MONSTROUS Honchkrow. With TRIPLE likelihood for critical hits, massive attack, Substitute to lure pure attackers and then Sucker Punch to punish those attackers, Honchkrow of mine is one to look out for.

Oh, and I beat an Infernape with a Smeargle without taking damage. ASK ME HOW!

WE ARE ALL GRIDS

Postby Emerald Emblem » Wed Sep 03, 2008 6:59 am

A Gengar with Toxic can be deadly. Same with me, I never really get a Gastly to raise since you need to trade to get Gengar.

Postby GridsNaranek » Wed Sep 03, 2008 6:59 am

Why put Toxic on a Gengar when with the new Gen 4 systems, Sludge Bomb becomes DEADLY?

WE ARE ALL GRIDS

Postby Emerald Emblem » Wed Sep 03, 2008 7:15 am

I just realized a few weeks ago that Snorunt had a female specific evolution. I've been raising that and a Charmander which is now a Charizard.

Postby Yoshi » Wed Sep 03, 2008 7:19 am

Guys, I just realised that we're three 18 year old males talking about Pokémon.

AWESOME.

And Sludge Bomb is a killer now but Toxic still has it's place. I've never even caught a Murkrow let alone making a proper Honchkrow. Now I'm thinking of the possibility. DECISIONS, DECISIONS.
" ~ Dave

Postby BlazingBarrager » Wed Sep 03, 2008 8:53 am

Yoshi wrote:Blazing, can you get rid of their quote or picture in your sig? Too large.

And noooooo! Don't give Flareon Quick Attack and Iron Tail! I'd personally swap Iron Tail for Substitute or something else and Quick Attack for Overheat. Or something.

And hacked Pokémon are not cool :/

Use http://bulbapedia.bulbagarden.net/wiki/Main_Page for checking what moves different Pokémon can use, their base stats (So you can optimise their role) and also what the natures do. If you don't already, that is.

If my Flareon had a Modest nature then I would.

Well then how else am I supposed to get Celebi? There have been no events in the US to get it.

And yes I use Bulbapedia and I have already studied Flareon's Base stats as well as the Natures and such.

Postby Mo Yeongsu » Wed Sep 03, 2008 1:51 pm

Just got 2 of 3 of my pokeman games in the mail yesterday. I'm gonna get all 150, BELIEVE IT! (oh my god, I hate naruto with a passion, but couldn't help that outburst) Now I just need my red version. After that, Gold and Silver and maybe Ruby and Sapphire, but mostly just to say I have a Mudkip and liek it.

Postby BlazingBarrager » Wed Sep 03, 2008 2:47 pm

Pay no attention to the guy holding the games for he's trying to be the center of attention. lol

Postby Raimagus » Wed Sep 03, 2008 6:22 pm

I've been playing the Mystery Dungeon one, I really like it...
BeeAre wrote:You are a cool bro worthy of being Chief of Brojangles, the art of wallet chain hanging

Postby Cali Defender » Wed Sep 03, 2008 8:55 pm

I definitely breeded for nothign but gender. Anything more would have made me toss my ds out onto one of the tracks probably.

Postby AngelLilly » Wed Sep 03, 2008 9:19 pm

I've played all of them.

That includes pinball and those dungeon ones.

I seriously mean it, every pokemon game available in the US I have played.

xD

I liked the hand held games the best, though Pokemon Snap! and Hey You Pikachu will always have a place in my heart. =3

Out of the handheld, I'd say I liked up to Crystal version. After Crystal it got....well redundant.

My favorite out of all those were Yellow (Pikachu edition). Silver, and Crystal.

I only play those now, though I think one of them got erased. No worries though, only takes a few hours to beat again. xD

So yeah, love them pokimanz!!!! xD
The Sugar to your Spice

PreviousNext

Return to Bleed Forum (Comics and Animation)