Fuck Yeah, Pokémans

The forum for Bleedman fans! Feel free to discuss other comics and cartoons, as well.

Moderator: Mod Squad

Fuck Yeah, Pokémans

Postby Yoshi » Mon Sep 01, 2008 10:54 pm

Listen up fuckers, I rarely make threads in this forum but I figured I'd get a more stirring response here than at Snafu.

Who here plays them some Pokémans? I do and I'm not ashamed to admit it. When you have to wait for three odd hours at certain times at University with nothing to do it fills the gap nicely. Currently playing Diamond (Beat the Elite Four, having fun with breeding) and trying to get a fsking Timid Eevee to make into an Espeon.

So, who else plays? Do you battle (No WiFi for me :()? Got tips or anything. Who EV trains and breeds for IVs? This game gets deep.

Anyway, post away about the Pokémans.

NOW.

---

An excellent IV calculator:
http://www.metalkid.info/Pokemon/Online ... rs/IV.aspx

Good resource for general information, good movesets, and so on:
http://www.smogon.com/

Wiki dedicated to Pokémon, covering basically all aspects of them:
http://bulbapedia.bulbagarden.net/wiki/Main_Page
Last edited by Yoshi on Thu Sep 04, 2008 6:39 pm, edited 1 time in total.
"Worst case scenario I'll get arrested for public nudity.
Best case scenerio I'll get arrested for public nudity with a boner. It's win win.
" ~ Dave
"Also Yoshi is the most important person in all of Australia." ~ Zepherin

Postby Mirak's Mod Ghost » Mon Sep 01, 2008 10:56 pm

I haven't played any of the DS games, but my eternal favorites will be Gold and Sivler versions.
Patt-Ytto Productions | Dickwaffles

Postby Marquis de Soth » Mon Sep 01, 2008 10:58 pm

I played all they up to Ruby and Sapphire.

I shall always love the originals. Gengar FTW.
Marquis de Soth

Postby Iris » Mon Sep 01, 2008 10:59 pm

I've played yellow and silver, though I can no longer find those games anywhere in my house... much to my charnage.

I'm not a fan of Pokemon as a whole but I enjoy the portable games.

Postby Mo Yeongsu » Mon Sep 01, 2008 11:00 pm

This is a great coincidence because I just bought Red, Blue and Yellow off Amazon and plan to get Gold and Silver later. Anything past Gold and Silver, I despise. I'm planning on getting a link cable and another SP so I can finally get all 150 and accomplish what I never could as kid.

Postby Yoshi » Mon Sep 01, 2008 11:05 pm

Yeah, the Gen 1 and 2 games had the best stuff as far as I'm concerned. The new games have some neat 'mans, but the starters kind of suck. I picked Infernape/Chimchar (Named Wolfgang because I was listening to Mozart) purely because it seemed to suck the least.

My current team (And the one I beat the Elite Four with) consists of:
- Star the Staraptor (I know, original. I'll rename her later)
- Wolfgang the Infernape
- ABS the Kadabra (I've got a female Abra somewhere named Brakes. Get it? ABS Brakes?)
- Jane the Luxray (Shouldn't have let my sister name her)

By the end of the Elite Four my highest level Pokémon was Jane, at 69 (No jokes please) and lowest (Excluding Rin the Riolu I had with me at level one) was ABS at 51. So yeah, beat the Elite Four with five Pokémon, one was level one, one level 50 or so and the rest sitting at around 60. Good times.
"Worst case scenario I'll get arrested for public nudity.
Best case scenerio I'll get arrested for public nudity with a boner. It's win win.
" ~ Dave
"Also Yoshi is the most important person in all of Australia." ~ Zepherin

Postby sfox8 » Mon Sep 01, 2008 11:26 pm

Actually I think the Ruby and Sapphire generation had the best Pokemanz. I loved their designs so much.

But yeah, I still play Pokemon. It actually never gets old to me, surprisingly. Strange how addicting the same gameplay can be over and over each generation, but hey. It works.
My art thread
Brawl Friend Code: 4511-0132-3903

Postby Mirak's Mod Ghost » Mon Sep 01, 2008 11:28 pm

I was a traditionalist, i had Charizard, Blastoise and Venosaur all level 50. My other team were made of unknowns and an umbreon.
Patt-Ytto Productions | Dickwaffles

Postby Sable » Mon Sep 01, 2008 11:52 pm

Hmm. Red was my first game. and i LOVED it. It was a huge part of my childhood. Expecially when my charmander evolved for the first time. I had pokemon silver and gold before they even made an official english release. My cousin gave me an emulator and the game( for some reason it was in english, but many things were different, mainly the names of anything. I played it everytime i came home from school. Yet again it was a major part of my Childhood. I prefered it on the computer for some reason though. And then there was Saphire. The last pokemon game that I ever owned. to me it was the best developed game, and i still play it.

In fact ima go grab my Sp now and play it.
RacialslurX2

Postby Kkeellaacc » Tue Sep 02, 2008 12:35 am

I have Diamond, started with the penguin (penguins RULE), I haven't gone to far, only have 3 badges. I haven't played for a couple months, other games take up too much time and I work a lot.
Signature Under Construction

Postby GridsNaranek » Tue Sep 02, 2008 1:00 am

I play and have close to 90 Lv100s. I am a competitive battler with a bloodlust for battle. Started with Turtwig.

Got Diamond and am wondering if getting Platinum will be worth it. Something tells me no.

Seriously, share your Friend Codes with me!!
Bloodsguar Studios member

WE ARE ALL GRIDS

Postby Emerald Emblem » Tue Sep 02, 2008 3:48 am

I got Pearl, Started with a Turtwig, beat the elite 4 with Early to mid level 60 Pokemon, Now I'm just catching other Pokemon with the assistance of Pokemon Ranch.
Lily: few people here are worthy of my rape

Postby RKC » Tue Sep 02, 2008 3:52 am

hmmmm.....the only pokemon game I played is the blue version and it was fun!
http://jedikieth.mybrute.com/-Fight me, be my Pupil!!.
http://saberzrkc.deviantart.com/-Art coming soon. I think?
http://myanimelist.net/mangalist/RKC- My Manga list.

Postby rosygirl » Tue Sep 02, 2008 6:40 am

I like the pokemon games though I find it strange how I critsize them so much and yet still continue to play them.

I plan on getting the new pokemon ranger and platinum when they come out.

Re: Fuck Yeah, Pokémans

Postby Cali Defender » Tue Sep 02, 2008 7:23 am

Yoshi wrote: Currently playing Diamond (Beat the Elite Four, having fun with breeding)

This, but with Pearl.

I played it all summer when I was working at a Go-kart park. Got myself an entire team of female eeveelutions. That...took lots of time...

And it's about all I have to say right now. I wish they'd add soemthing mroe to the forula. The show's are fun and all but...I don't know...something to break the repetitiveness. I've done everything I think...maybe like a Harvest Moon style farm where you can breed pokemon and rasie crops. That'd rock.

Postby L_Leon_Fuego » Tue Sep 02, 2008 8:33 am

I plays me some Pokemans. I was playing Diamond a lot last year. But then I lost my DS. :'( But I had a Pikachu, Torterra, Infernape, Staraptor, Gyrados, and either a ghost or a psychic Pokemon, I can't remember. I was working on getting a Lucario and Spiritomb. I beat the last gym leader and was about to train my team before getting on Victory Road before I lost my DS. :brickwall:

I remember my first time playing. Back in like '95 my cousin got this thing called a "Gameboy" for Christmas. And he also got these "video games" called "Pokemon Red" and "Pokemon Blue". I tried it and I loved it. But I didn't get my first Gameboy until '98 or '99. I got a Gameboy color and Space Invaders. After playing that wondrous game, I got Pokemon Yellow. I loved that game. Unfortunately I lost it. A couple months later I got Pokemon Silver and Gold for Christmas. I liked playing Silver better because I thought the Pokemon animations were better.

But man ain't Pokemon addicting?

Postby BlazingBarrager » Tue Sep 02, 2008 8:35 am

I currently have Emerald and saving up for a DS and Pearl.

I can't remember what my first Pokemon game actually was, but I know that my first owned game was Gold. I then moved on to Ruby and stuck with it for a while. Then went to Emerald.

Got Leafgreen too.

Anyway I've been raising Pokemon and getting them ready for Pearl. I cheated to some Pokemon too, but only ones I could never get on any of the games...like Celebi.

When it comes to my team I'm still working on the right team, but right now my team includes:

Celebi
Salamance
Flareon

Location: That little place in your head you don't know about.

Postby tomaszavenger » Tue Sep 02, 2008 8:50 am

Mir@k wrote:I haven't played any of the DS games, but my eternal favorites will be Gold and Sivler versions.

I owned Silver, and I played until I completed the game and until I caught every pokémon possible in my version, and then gave up.

Typhlosion Lv 79 was sweet!
Shake my hand, join the game.

Postby Grey » Tue Sep 02, 2008 9:15 am

My friend was crazy in to the EV training and shit. Convinced his RAyquaza was unbeatable but then mine got a critical hit Ice Beam and he was holding quick claw and killed it in one hit.

What happened afterwards was my near-death experience.
Suave Brit

Sexiness: Godlike

Postby Coos » Tue Sep 02, 2008 9:34 am

Play it.
Absolutely <3 Water, Ice, and Ground Pokemans.

When I got my Piloswine, I quickly made it a Mamoswine and pumped the shit outta him.

Swinub evolution chain= Favorite Pokemans.

Postby Archrival » Tue Sep 02, 2008 11:06 am

Most of the water pokemon kick ass I mean Wailmer kicked ass as the heaviest pokemon that wasn't a special, Gyrados was the meanest motherfucker in the sea and piplup's final evolution is badass looking.
SUPPPAAAHHH

Postby Fummo » Tue Sep 02, 2008 11:41 am

Lv 100 Dragonite was my favorite =D
I had him in Crystal version.

Postby SkulFetish » Tue Sep 02, 2008 1:49 pm

Yellow was my first, then Gold, Sapphire, Emerald, Coliseum, FireRed, Mystery Dungeon Red, and Diamond.

I keep restarting Diamond because I stop playing it for months at a time, and I forget how far I've gotten and what the hell I'm supposed to be doing. Gotten up to four badges at most, started with Piplup first, then Turtwig. Mostly because they both kick ass at the rock gym. I have a Kricketune that's pretty badass too.

Don't think I'll get Platinum, but I kind of want the new Mystery Dungeon game because I hear it has plot.

Postby shadow_the_beast » Tue Sep 02, 2008 3:02 pm

Pokemon silver was the best in my opinion even though I didn't care much for the starters. Lugia and Umbreon are just plain awesome.

My advice, if you want a great water pkmn get Milotic (good defense and knows recover). Umbreon if you're picking another eevee evolution. If you want a strong fighting pkmn get Primeape. Dragonite is just plain win.

Postby Mo Yeongsu » Tue Sep 02, 2008 3:13 pm

Favorite pokemon anyone? Jolteon!!!

Next

Return to Bleed Forum (Comics and Animation)