Post your ART.. PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE...

Artists! Show your work, tips, tricks, requests, and challenges. This forum includes visual art, music, 3D, animation, abstract art, graphic design, sculpture, EVERYTHING.

Moderator: Mod Squad

Postby Devolved » Thu Aug 07, 2003 6:15 pm

:)
Kronikel Kaisoreax
54 ogre shaman
Thoulexxe Paels

Postby Matt8oCC » Thu Aug 07, 2003 8:46 pm

Here's a metric buttload of random doodles that end up as concept art for my webcomic... doesn't make much sense, seeing as how I'm the writer and not the artist, but scribbling scripts in the margins is a little less fun.

Postby Dave » Thu Aug 07, 2003 8:49 pm

Dude those drawings are AWESOME. That is weird that your the writer though and not hte artist and yet draw exactly the same.
WiNg0o wrote:To be honest I thought Dave just existed. In the beginning there was Dave.
Administrator

Postby HaloGray » Thu Aug 07, 2003 8:52 pm

Styles are definately very similar.

Bad ass drawings though.

Postby Matt8oCC » Thu Aug 07, 2003 8:56 pm

Dave wrote: That is weird that your the writer though and not hte artist and yet draw exactly the same.

Mark (El Artiste) and I have been chums since 7th grade, when he and I bonded over doodles like those, particularly the guy in the top right: "Slightly Deranged Ted." Since I did a lot of the concept art for our first comic attempt, "Townmall," Mark copied the style as best he could, then smoothed it out for ease of reproduction in "8 O'Clock Classes." Me, I was content to do my thing and not pay attention in class; I got more script ideas that way. The diligent kids in the front of class tend not to be as funny as we slackers dozing in the middle.

Postby Troggles » Thu Aug 07, 2003 9:06 pm

Those are some amazing drawings. And they do look a lot alike, except the hair is smaller on those drawings.
booyakasha

Postby Raven » Thu Aug 07, 2003 11:14 pm

yeah those are pretty good drawings
Signature.

Postby Flux » Thu Aug 07, 2003 11:15 pm

Jesus crap! That's some badass "doodling"

Seeing as it has the same quality and sheen as a completely finished work of mine... and then some!

Lessee... I'll hit you guys with some of the stuff I did many months ago. Pencil is my primary medium, because I suck so horribly with ink.

First off, we have a little girlie you may become familiar with over time...

http://www.angelfire.com/anime/flux/pic ... eclimb.jpg

Next is Yuna.

http://www.angelfire.com/anime/flux/pic ... Yuuuna.jpg

And finally, this would be the single most time I've ever spent on a picture. And it's Claire Redfield.

http://www.angelfire.com/anime/flux/pic ... ofPain.jpg

NOW, those weren't exactly doodles...

This is a little less effort intensive, and I was stoned off my ass when I drew the monster on the right.

http://www.angelfire.com/anime/flux/pic ... NSTERZ.jpg

---
But THIS is a doodle, 4 sure.

It's the guys from Mac Hall, drew it on the plane back from Otakon. (EDIT: Last year)

http://www.angelfire.com/anime/flux/pic ... achall.jpg
Last edited by Flux on Thu Aug 07, 2003 11:23 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Postby Raven » Thu Aug 07, 2003 11:18 pm

monsters.. yay
Signature.

Postby Matt8oCC » Thu Aug 07, 2003 11:45 pm

Ahh, Flux, I am but a humble monkey and I submit that your work is far better than my own... I avoid pulling my hair out when staring such impressive artwork in the craw by telling myself that I work in an altogether separate style than some of the incredibly-detailed, meticulously-shaded, more "artsy" comics like Mac Hall, Megatokyo, or your own work. Plus, I can always blame my artist. Anyway, your stuff is damn good; I am quite honored by your appreciation.

Postby NotoriousNicholas » Fri Aug 08, 2003 12:08 am

Look, I'm Clay Aikin! Image
-Signed: NotoriousNicholas

Postby Devolved » Fri Aug 08, 2003 12:20 am

lol whhhyy??
Kronikel Kaisoreax
54 ogre shaman
Thoulexxe Paels

Postby Dave » Fri Aug 08, 2003 12:33 am

Man Flux holy FLUX those are good drawings. I personally like your original character one the best. Absolutely amazing. my doodles definately blow in comparison as well. I'll scan some right now.
WiNg0o wrote:To be honest I thought Dave just existed. In the beginning there was Dave.
Administrator

Postby Flux » Fri Aug 08, 2003 12:48 am

Oh man, there's no way in hell that I can rank on a good cartoonist. I'd KILL to be able to draw in a simplistic, but more precision format, like you do. Because four years ago, I was one of THESE people....

http://rpgwfan.atp.cx/?id=10315

And I would have rather not wanted to go through the phase of akward semicorrectness, that I STILL haven't graduated from. That when you're a cartoony cartoonist, just doesn't come along as fiercely with... (It's more dignifying, as I see it)

Practicing a more cartoony style would be so gratifying now, if I wasn't completely chained to what I've locked myself into. I can look at your art and say, "That is god damned complete" while I look at mine and say, "another few drafts might smooth it out to decency"

And Ian McConville cheats at art. But given what I saw and heard from him at Otakon last year... I'd imagine that he's had nothing but time on his hands for it...

Fred's style is gorgeous, until you reach the face, which is incredibly simplistic. The more I look at his faces, the more I'm glad I didn't go through a phase where I copied drawings of his. Though, he IS a draftsman by trade, which means that he cheats at art, too. ^_^

Have you ever thought of drawing, while your ARTIST writes for you? Or even just writing for yourself? Your work is sharp enough to tell people that you are more than just competent.[/url]

Postby Dave » Fri Aug 08, 2003 12:53 am

Flux if that was your picture and this is what you are now after four years. Good hell man you've improved so fast it hurts. And dispite what you may say I'm out classed by you in every freaking way.

by the way scanning now.
Administrator

Postby Saria the Cat » Fri Aug 08, 2003 1:03 am

Omg, I would have to say...I've doodled MOST in my Psych10 college course this summer. lol Ironically as it is...And yea, Danny said they were good when he peered over at "Steph's Binder of Boring", but...he might have just wanted some, who knows?

Maybe I'll get Lauren to scan a few, since she IS my bytch n all. I forgot she had a scanner.

Postby Dave » Fri Aug 08, 2003 1:08 am

Administrator

Postby Saria the Cat » Fri Aug 08, 2003 1:09 am

I hate you guys and your perfect sketches. Mine are mostly in pen, cuz I take notes in pen, and they are scratchy and rarely shaded, cuz I'm 2D like dat, yo.

Postby Troggles » Fri Aug 08, 2003 1:17 am

I prefer unshaded. Show me your pics!
booyakasha

Postby Saria the Cat » Fri Aug 08, 2003 1:20 am

I need to wait for scanner...-_- I'll bring Steph's Binder of Boring notebook later to Lauren's house since she's the one with the scanner. ^_^

Postby Dave » Fri Aug 08, 2003 1:24 am

alright the top left is some kind of... something I dont' know. The next over is a robot... thingie with really dumb arms. This bird with a humanish head and the worm screaming while the happy sun watches made me giggle at the time. Easter Bunny was me wanting class over for vacation. Lil alien dude with bad balding punk hair was fun at the time. I have no freaking clue what kind of animal that is in the shoes and gloves but he's there. and that's the back of the kids head that sat in front of me. Yeah that class sucked.
Administrator

Postby Troggles » Fri Aug 08, 2003 1:27 am

The Easter Bunny was you thinking of how you are going to get free candy. :P
booyakasha

Postby Flux » Fri Aug 08, 2003 1:29 am

Thanks Dave, it's been a looong four years.

And your sketches are MUY BITCHIN! Totally off the wall stuff! That lizard headed dude rocks!

But the more I read webcomics, nowadays... the more I wish I was Dave Kelly.

Postby Dave » Fri Aug 08, 2003 1:35 am

By the way Flux I'm adding your link to the link page right now. I'll wait until you have a few more comics to announce it though. Oh and thanks for the totally off the wall stuff comment. Those were probably the most... least crazy stuff I could find. but going through my old school stuff I took a MAJOR trip down memory lane. I found so so so so much old Snafu garbage that was just odd. Like I found a fully hand drawn Snafu comic FAR before I made Snafu. It was for a class and yeah it sucked balls but still it was the first and I forgot about it. And I found my "concept art" of dave and travis and a million other characters. So so neat... and only for my eyes cuz it's THAT bad.
Administrator

Postby Dave » Fri Aug 08, 2003 1:36 am

Flux can you send me the address of your comic real quick? I try to get it from your link but it changes way too quickly.
Administrator

PreviousNext

Return to Art