READ THIS BEFORE YOU POST!

Fan-fiction, short stories, screenplays, poems -- anything text-based really belongs here.

Moderator: Mod Squad

Postby DisturbedLeader » Tue Jul 31, 2007 1:58 pm

What do I do, when it comes to updating a story I posted?
I'm depraved, and really don't care.... Something's wrong...So hard to put my boney finger on

Postby dreamsickle » Sat Sep 08, 2007 1:40 pm

danke!
Right now I'm having amnesia and deja vu at the same time. I think I've forgotten this before.
I wish I were you so I could be friends with me.
I'm not paraniod... but I know that you think I am.
Don't Worry!, I don't know where I am either.
You know how some people have those really cool away messages. You know, the ones that make you laugh until you want to cry? The kind that other people wanna have so they copy it from you and put it on their away message? Well, this isn't one of those kinds of away messages.
I am on a quest to the deepest, darkest corners of my room in search of what some would call "a floor" - a long and difficult task awaits me. Wish me luck my friends for I may not return alive.

Postby TheMaxyDawg » Thu Nov 08, 2007 3:43 pm

Can I make a thread for my fic and thread for comments to my fic so that comments dont clog in between fic posts and there are no people posting fake chapters?

*98% of the teenage population does or has tried smoking pot. If you're one of the 2% who hasn't, copy & paste this in your signature

Location: Somewhere over the rainbow, where bluebirds get high

Postby DisturbedLeader » Thu Nov 08, 2007 5:34 pm

TheMaxyDawg wrote:Can I make a thread for my fic and thread for comments to my fic so that comments dont clog in between fic posts and there are no people posting fake chapters?

That's a good question, and the answer's probably no...

Postby psychoslug » Tue Apr 22, 2008 1:06 pm

Hello, This is mostly for the sake of my curriosity and my writing that I have posted on here.

I am just currious how do you continue your running topic on a new page (much like this thread right now)? I don't wan't poeple to feel swamped when reading my work.
You and you: Panic. Everyone else, Follow me.

Re: READ THIS BEFORE YOU POST!

Postby Him Master of Fear » Thu Aug 07, 2008 4:31 pm

i have read it
...Darkness...Magic...Power...Nightmares...Fears...Illisions...

Come to me children and follow my way
Into the world of darkness and magic
With all my power I'll show you the way
To all your dreams, hopes and illusïons

Postby Cole » Thu Sep 18, 2008 11:49 am

TheMaxyDawg wrote:Can I make a thread for my fic and thread for comments to my fic so that comments dont clog in between fic posts and there are no people posting fake chapters?

No. If someone is making fake chapters, it's obvious it's not from you.
I am what you think I am. My reality is irrelevant.
Warning: My Misogynism level two has upgraded to Misanthropy level four.

Postby Thiamor » Mon Mar 02, 2009 12:14 am

So am I actually allowed to post more than one thread if I have 2 'way' different stories? I was planning on making only but 2 threads anyway, if that is okay?
Working on another story other than Hellfire, called Geistauge, which can be found here.
Show me on the doll

Postby Thiamor » Sat Mar 07, 2009 12:20 pm

I wanted to know what could have possibly had happened to make it where you can only have one thread for -every- story you have? I mean if you love to write and show off, then using one thread for everything that you have is Tedious and confusing. All of the stories will seem like it is one story that I'm just jumping around with. Not that I don't mind doing it, though..
Working on another story other than Hellfire, called Geistauge, which can be found here.
Show me on the doll

Postby Tuor » Sun Mar 15, 2009 3:57 am

Because then some people wind up having like 5 threads
"Suddenly Frodo noticed that a strange-looking weather-beaten man, sitting in the shadows near the wall, was also listening intently to the hobbit-talk. He had a tall tankard in front of him, and was smoking a long-stemmed pipe curiously carved. His legs were stretched out before him, showing high boots of supple leather that fitted him well, but had seen much wear and were now caked with mud. A travel-stained cloak of heavy dark-green cloth was drawn close about him, and in spite of the heat of the room he wore a hood that overshadowed his face; but the gleam of his eyes could be seen as he watched the hobbits."
Rest Easy Ethan

Postby Cole » Thu Mar 26, 2009 10:57 pm

Man, I'm a jerk. I think I love me!
I am what you think I am. My reality is irrelevant.
Warning: My Misogynism level two has upgraded to Misanthropy level four.

Postby LightStarr » Tue Apr 07, 2009 2:36 pm

Cole wrote:Man, I'm a jerk. I think I love me!

I know I love you Cole. This much. You can't see it, but my arms are stretched out.
Just Grab Her By The Thong And Say, Listen Here.
Dave wrote:get her pregnant.

Our own story

Postby Shadow Aliance » Sun May 17, 2009 3:02 am

Hey, I have a question... Is it ok to make up a story on my own? Then put it up on Lititure? :unsure:
I'm set off to the plains of Oblivion!

Re: Our own story

Postby Blood Lord » Wed Jul 08, 2009 4:54 pm

Shadow Aliance wrote:Hey, I have a question... Is it ok to make up a story on my own? Then put it up on Literature? :unsure:

Of course it is. Your story does not have to be a fanfic, it can be of your own imagination.
Stufflikehearts - He is a Sith Lord. I love Blood Lord :3
Jeffffey - Blood, you look at the information someone says, look over what really happened, and reply in a way that makes them realize what they were really thinking.
Light10s - Blood Lord! Your avatars are becoming more epic. You make me feel like getting on all fours and submitting my loyalty and obedience to you.
Fievel - Numerous campaigns and conquests, countless bodies decaying after the abandonment of victorious battlefields. Such is the life of Blood Lord.
Dusk_Imp - Blood Lord is like a celebrity here. Everything he does is pure awesome. ALL HAIL BLOOD LORD
Doctress Who - Why couldn't there be a Blood Lord in every forum? It would make life so much easier.
Semper Vigilans

Re: Our own story

Postby Mathias » Fri Jul 10, 2009 4:47 pm

Blood Lord wrote:
Shadow Aliance wrote:Hey, I have a question... Is it ok to make up a story on my own? Then put it up on Literature? :unsure:

Of course it is. Your story does not have to be a fanfic, it can be of your own imagination.

Thank you for correcting that in the quote.

Postby mario72486 » Mon Jul 27, 2009 7:18 pm

Greetings. I finally cracked and decided to join the forum. I plan on submitting a fanfic or two here, but I had a question regarding one of them.

It's going to be based off of Total Drama Island, and I'm currently in the process of putting together chapter ideas and compiling characters from multiple sources. However, I am still in the need of a few of the latter. However, I didn't want to immediately make a post on the site asking people to submit their character ideas, since it's essentially frowned upon on other forums.

Is it safe to assume that I should look elsewhere for this sort of participation, or would such a post be allowed?

Postby Q.U. » Tue Jul 28, 2009 5:02 am

You are allowed one topic to put your work in it, and if you want ideas from people then you are allowed to ask for them in your topic. Yet, I'd advise you to try and do it on your own, since it is unlikely for you to get much feedback here, random people don't drop by in this forum much, and if they do they tend to read only the stories they already know.
This post is intended for information only. Please do not reply to this message as responses cannot be read or acknowledged due to the stupidity of the user.

Postby Thiamor » Tue Aug 25, 2009 8:27 am

You know, using an IP Generator isn't a mad skill of any sorts...at all..
Show me on the doll

Postby Keiran » Sun Nov 01, 2009 1:02 pm

If one were to edit their own work, should they notify others that it has been edited?

Postby Q.U. » Sun Nov 01, 2009 3:09 pm

If you mean notification by PM, then as long as they don't consider it spam it's fine. If you mean bumping your thread, then it depends on the degree of the edit I suppose. Fixing errors and the like isn't really equivalent to updating your story, unless you've remade something. Still, you can bump it if you want as long as there is somebody who you know will want to know about the edit. (Even though in this case I believe PMs would still be better.) Like somebody who gave you criticism and you've edited what they'd pointed out and wish a second check.
This post is intended for information only. Please do not reply to this message as responses cannot be read or acknowledged due to the stupidity of the user.

Postby PunkyChipsAhoy » Sat Aug 07, 2010 6:20 pm

Can Jesus make a thread with some exquisite Jesus haikus? aka Christkus?
A Pimp Named Jeezy Creezy: Lasting all the way up to Valentine's.

And the Pimpeth lord sat amidst his real ballin' players, the Apostles, and raisingeth his cup of Cristal as they devoured the grapes and cheese from the finest bitches in town he said

"Sleepery Dee, Sleepery Doo.
Whoever betrays me tonight, I'll mo'fuckin' cap you!"

Postby Q.U. » Sun Aug 08, 2010 5:41 pm

Poetry goes into literature, so I don't see why not. At least as long as you don't copy/paste the whole bible.

And I'm assuming Jesus never had a thread in the Lit forum. If so it could be even better to reactivate it.

Postby PunkyChipsAhoy » Sun Aug 08, 2010 8:35 pm

I used to have a shitty ass story back in my emo days but that was like 4 years ago.
A Pimp Named Jeezy Creezy: Lasting all the way up to Valentine's.

And the Pimpeth lord sat amidst his real ballin' players, the Apostles, and raisingeth his cup of Cristal as they devoured the grapes and cheese from the finest bitches in town he said

"Sleepery Dee, Sleepery Doo.
Whoever betrays me tonight, I'll mo'fuckin' cap you!"

Postby krayhayft » Sat Sep 11, 2010 1:29 am

What about screenplays? I have a few feature length screenplay that I would like to post (I would post one at a time of course) but I feel that it might be too much. Would I then just post it in sections or would I need a link? How would be the best way to handle that?

Postby Unlimited » Fri Sep 17, 2010 5:34 pm

As much as I dislike necroing a dead...oh, it's not dead.

Anyway, is one allowed to link music to their work?
I don't think there's a rule about that.
Memento mori

PreviousNext

Return to Literature